/mcg/ - Minecraft General - ROCKS Edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS

>[23 jan 2018] the thaumcraft
>[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

>[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

Attached: Minerals.png (1920x1080, 739K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YPCgltNJoHI
youtu.be/sajX-UtMoF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did something happen? It's never this dead.

Attached: 1.13_teased_diamond_textures.jpg (680x509, 89K)

Rekt'd

I liked the other texture better. The new leaf textures are nice too.

Question. Do you play vanilla?

Occasionally. The snapshots are looking fun.

Not pure vanilla, default textures, survival on normal and the current live edition but I have a mini map mod so I don't forget where my house is and an inventory sorting mod for my chests.

I could probably play without the sorting mod but no mini map mod for me would be really annoying, resorting to opening up notepad to write down coordinates and shit.

I play alone since /mcg/ doesn't list any discords or Veeky Forums servers. I'm not fucking playing on the ones in the serb list I don't wanna play that mmo thing with the only active players.

Attached: coffee.png (792x873, 128K)

No, anything I can do in vanilla I can do with mods.

I don't see any info in the OP about creating mods, does anyone have useful links/tools for that?

Yes. And today I officialy own my own minecraft. No longer using all diffrent shitty clients

And still waiting for a mod that makes animal more like in harvestmoon or fix those damn animals to be more usefull.

I used to play the huge kitchen sink modpacks like Resonant Rise and FTB Unleashed/Ultimate on 1.7.10

What's the best kitchen sink modpack for the current version?

Is optifine a meme or its really worthy to install it?

no

Direwolf20

The one thing you wanted that hasn't been added yet in Minecraft, be it vanilla or modded?

Attached: 2017-04-22_00.13.51.png (925x530, 142K)

It is not a meme, your game will run like butter

Check out modification development on the minecraft forums, you may run into some kids here and there but it has everything you need to know

It's still morning in burger hours, chill

>vanilla
Vertical slabs
>modded
A decent monster mod that doesn't include Japanese monster wayfus.

Is there a mod that makes boss fights actually difficult but not just batshit retarded?

Botania's gaia guardian fight is actually really fun aside from the tedious teleport gimmick, and it doesn't use block damage to artificially inflate the difficulty of an otherwise basic-as-all-hell boss like the Wither.

You REALLY need to play Advent of Ascension if you haven't already, they are indeed batshit retarded but you can easily make progress if you're willing to put in the grind

Propper Animal husbandry

Try Animania.

Cyberpunk mod, or an easy way to make 1/4 of a block.

You didn't hear? The Eastern Hemisphere went dark. No one knows what's going on.

Any ice-rocks in there to go with my ice lava?

playing gt new horizons and cant figure out how to output steam from my railcraft tank

anybody know how this shit works? wiki's and mod spotlights dont help me

a good mechanical power system.
There are a few but they're too basic.
Rotarycraft would be good if it didn't halve your FPS before you even built machines.

Working on one as we speak. Not sure if it will fit your bill, tho.

LittleMaid support for the Custom NPCs mod

>Hey dude, you know how you can mine coal and get exp?
>Right, yeah?
>If you get a silk touch pickaxe, you can mine the coal block and smelt it for even less exp and now you can't use fortune to get more coal per block

Why does this recipe exist? Why do any of them exist? Is there some secret value to this or is this really as dumb as it looks?

Attached: 1111.png (366x156, 7K)

>1.12
>optifine
>betterfps
>foamfix
What happens

So he doesn't bothers unfucking his API after that fiasco? Been long since i played 1.7.10

Completeness

Twilight Forest, Techguns helicopter fight is fun and there's always Castlefag's map.

Thanks for suggestion!

Because it helps playing game in different ways.

if it doesn't fuck with any of your mods, you should use it

No, modded is objectively superior
As the only exception, I occasionally launch vanilla to check on the snapshots

The guys at 343 had made the artstyle of the newer Halo games pretty bland, but at least they did it right with creating the Sangheli's architecture.

Attached: nzkkqd8rd9501.jpg (1920x1080, 319K)

Please just make it super configureable

Bump

Attached: 1520368483421.jpg (950x965, 125K)

bump

Attached: find CIA and BANE.jpg (2828x1828, 2.95M)

I honestly haven't played a version past modded 1.7.10 for years.

What is the point of the IE arc furnace? Does it even do anything that a couple of vanilla furnaces with a heater attached wouldn't?

How would I know, try for yourself fag

This shit has inspired me to go full industrial.
youtube.com/watch?v=YPCgltNJoHI

youtu.be/sajX-UtMoF8
The greggening continues.
Time to spam IE wires all over my 1.7.10 base

>1.7.10
user...

Hey how far away do my nether portals have to be to not share the same entrance? My coords are -1200x/-3800z and -1300x/-4300z and turns out that's not far enough.

Yes, 1.7.10. Because I'm not playing on that shitty version with wires that deal damage.

>he doesnt want to overcomplicate everything
user...

Millenaire running off Custom NPCs

>He doesn't want to create HV wire deathtrap
Whats it like being so boring

It makes steel.

So it's like a preheated blast furnace with vanilla smelting capabilities too? Seems a bit pricey just for that.

Anybody know of a way I can give creosote a use from Immersive Engineering? So far the only thing I can do with it is bottle it and throw it in the lake.

Treated wood.
Insulated wires.
Chemthrower fuel.

Make a shit ton of waterwheels and hide them underground for extra power.

Why the fuck does IE have creosote anyway?
Railcraft's creosote makes sense since you make shit tons of rails with it.

special wood user
do you want to just use normal wood for everything? baka

muh treated wood

While being on a meme version, I must say that this feels okay.

Plus also, now I can have a gas chamber that runs on potions.
And another mod that allows you to combine potions
and a bunch of mods that add new potions.

Literally all the stuff other anons have said, but if you REALLY want to destroy it, have it piped to a fluid dispenser from IE into a single block space and then have a piston erase it once per day.

is anyone hosting a server for a large modpack rn or is everyone playing alone like losers?

i play on a small serber with some friends
playing gt new horizons modpack
kinda feel like muh autism levels are not high enough for this

Oh, the arc furnace is the big one. Yeah, it doesn't do much. Specially if you have other tech mods.

I play with my best friend sometimes.

God damn putting together a collection of minecraft mods is annoying as fuck.
>decide on one version cause it seems to be one that a fuckton of mods focused on
>one of my favorite mods decided "Fuck you ima skip it"
like I don't understand why The fuck does mod developers not just stick to one old version of the fucking game and just backport new content unless mojang changes Vital shit that you cant backport.
it would be both easier for mod developers since they would not have to keep shit updated for like 5 different versions of the game all the time and it would be easier on the players because they would have tons more variety in selection

This makes me realize the biggest problem with Minecraft is it's lack of sounds. Especially it's lack of GOOD sounds.

Attached: 2018-03-19_20.18.18.png (1280x720, 556K)

How are you finding your source of bricks, brickanon?

Mostly Quark's underground clay, and clay I can find in the lake under the floating island I'm building on, and I found a roguelike dungeon made out of bricks, so I started excavating the building, and it had a few stacks underneath it I could steal.

Attached: 2018-03-19_20.53.17.png (1280x720, 136K)

also rip diamond shovel

Attached: 2018-03-19_21.06.56.png (1280x720, 475K)

>no more OOF
just kill me now lads

>Letting the other thread die

Attached: 448cdf_456690b22c224ea5895c41dcce9f4715~mv2.jpg (594x494, 141K)

Is Age of Engineering a good modpack?
I don't mind the expert style packs that make the recipes harder, it just extends my world's lifespan a bit more. As long as they're done well.

how do i find people to play with? on public servers nobody wants to

im so lonely

Nigga you don't pay me for this shit.

dont you have any friends?

not him but I am in kinda the same boat, but for me I have friends who all have toasters which can't even handle vanilla

no

Judging by Direwolf's LP of it, you better enjoy being forced to use mods until you reach some point where can get into the next mod.

I keep deleting and restarting my world before I even head down to mine for the first time
Are there any good mods that can help me speed up early game progression or make building my first house/base less tedious without going into full pseudo-creative cheatmode

Just go cheatmode and cheat a few basic items in, or build a small but good-looking base and go from there.

Actually Additions greenhouse glass really makes plants grow fast.

What mods are you currently using, if any?

Attached: javaw_2018-03-19_20-34-19.jpg (1920x1017, 651K)

Are there any good youtubers that do modded minecraft stuff? I'm getting back into the game and the person I used to Watch "Ako the Builder" seems to have died or something.

How well do golems work in the thaumcraft beta? I tried making a greatwood one and the gui just froze. I just want my golems back.

its not much, a small collection I threw together one time quite a while ago now
and a few of the mods such as tough as nails are only there because I sometimes play with friends and they wanted it.
though at the moment I am playing singleplayer because my friends have the attention span of gnats and have not touched the game in like 4 months

and forgot pic

Attached: Capture.png (591x542, 60K)

I've been all over curseforge looking for 1.10.2 mods and I don't feel satisfied. Any good 1.10.2 mods I probably haven't heard of?

>bomb threats over fucking Minecraft servers
Is Minecraft the most cancerous fucking game ever made?

PvP Minecraft servers, no less.

I could spend forever experimenting with these chisel wool carpets all over my base.

Some of your mods look pretty interesting, like cyberware. I've heard of Tinker's Defence, but never played it.

Torchmaster is one mod I can't go without. Maybe it goes against the whole "mobs will fuck you up" sort of feel you have with your server, but I like being safe in my base without skellingtons shooting at me. And placing torches everywhere is ugly. Other than that, idk, I feel like everything I'd suggest would make it too easy for what you seem to be doing, like gravestone or any tech mod.

How about:
chest transporter
hats
iron chest
journey map? Although some other people seem to think that there are other better maps out there, but idk
It's a shame that twilight forest isn't compatible with 1.10.

And then there are quality of life mods like chest sorting with middle click (idk which one that is), or shift clicking an item to move all of that item to the chest, etc...

Attached: javaw_2018-03-19_21-01-34.jpg (1920x1017, 896K)

>20 TPS, game working perfectly
>do some random shit around the base, nothing important
>goes down to 5 TPS
>well fuck i guess that shit was laggy, time to spend hours removing all that shit I built
>still 5 TPS even though everything is exactly as it was originally
i just fucking love minecraft

TPS? Not frames per second? ...Oh, ticks per second.

If it's super lagging, you might have some machine that's making lots of entities, like exp orbs or items that aren't being sucked up.

Draconic evolution's OP mob grinder made experience orbs it drops only last for 30 seconds before despawning, a good idea. But no idea what's going on in your case.

Attached: javaw_2018-03-19_21-15-40.jpg (1586x863, 348K)

yeah I troubleshot it a bit. According to tickprofiler most of the lag is caused by these 3 blocks. So I remove those blocks, surely it will be much less laggy now right? nope, tps is even worse now. This shits fucking black magic. I got 3 different mods that tell me my tps and they all display different values, fuck this I swear

funnily enough the 'mobs will fuck you up' thing was an accident
and I didn't bother getting Ironchests because I already have storage drawers and it felt like a case where if you have one, getting the other mod would be a waste of time and I don't like the hats mod, half the hats are stupid as all fuck.
And personally I am not fond of minimap mods, plus I occasionally play using that VR mod so the minimap would not work half the time anyway.
and chest sorting/inventory management has never been something I really had a major problem with.
Though personally I really wish there was a proper mod that focused entirely on armour, because thats the one part of the game that I feel is always lacking, even with a fuckton of mods
Like Tinkers Defence used to be Really fucking good for when it came to armour, but then the Dev decided they would redo everything because they fucked everything up like a chucklefuck and they were too lazy to fix all the bugs and now all it has is shields and thats all