Thoughts on new Nolan Dunkirk kino?

Thoughts on new Nolan Dunkirk kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=F-eMt3SrfFU

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_O'Hara
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm fuckin' pyched

>britbong
>sad because they will never get a high budget hollywood film made about us in WWII because the American market is so much bigger
>wait they are making one!
>Is it battle of britain? d-day? el alamein?
>no it is about the embarrassing retreat at dunkirk ahah only americans get to be heroes in high budget films
>mfw

>tfw the french are not mentioned once in the movie

That'd be obscene

>french
>even sadder because our role battle in which he entertained the slightest bit of revelance is taken from us by brits
Know that feel all too well Albion.

The French get what they deserve. Maybe you shouldn't have spent a month running from the enemy at break neck speed and people might give a shit when you fight for once.

>Maybe you shouldn't have spent a month running from the enemy at break neck speed and people might give a shit when you fight for once.
How precisely where the soldiers of British Expeditionary force differing from the French under that criteria, other that their retreat preceded that of the French?
Come on, barely any of our two countries can feign having eclipsed the other in terms of courage throughout the battle of France.

>LOL FUKKIN SURRENDER MONKEYS LOL FROGS LOL BAGUETTE LOL LOL LOL HUE HUE HUE KEK KEK KEK HURR FUKKIN DURR

Thank you for your insightful and thoughtful post user. That's a real asset and a quality contribution to Veeky Forums. You should be really proud of yourself for being such an intelligent contributor to this forum.

You had me at Kenneth Branagh.

Well, I didn't see a French soldier in the intro. PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY'RE STILL FIGHTING, RIGHT ? He will surely mention it. It's no problem, Pierre. You've got no history, they make the history. Fucking pieces of shit I'm pissed.

The British Army was tiny in comparison. The French that fought and won WW1 was gone. It was actually just embarrassing and should be remembered that way. Even Poland which didn't have close to the production or man power fought on 2 fronts with 0 aid till the bitter end.

English perfidy really does know no bounds. Anglos are worse than jews.

>Congratulations, Briten, you've got yourselves caught. What's the next step of your anglo plan?
>Escaping this beach...with no french survivors

Dunkirk isn't a embarrassment because people on Veeky Forums say it is.

Dunkirk allowed the UK to still have an army and most important this mean NOT SURRENDERING TO THE GERMANS

Dunkirk was the reason the UK could keep fighting.

The battle of Britain made Hitler know that an invasion of Britain would've been impossible and if Dunkirk had failed; a British invasion of North Africa and eventually Europe would've been impossible.

>there will never be a high budget film on the battle of the bulge

Fuck Nolan, he wasted a great chance.

Do the French realise how pathetic and aggravating you come across on Veeky Forums?

>m-muh everything is an Anglo conspiracy to keep the noble Frenchman down!

Daily reminder the Brits fled the BoF before the French dropped the guns. And I'm not talking about Dunkirk, but before it.

>The British Army was tiny in comparison.
Numbered at approximtely 13 divisions though.
And how do the size of the British army, whether small or large, acquit them of the fact that they became as cowardly as the French army, if not more considering that they retreated earlier than the French did.

I agree it might be overblown in this thread, but could you not concede that you'd be exasperated too if this year's monuments of historical fiction utterly and irremediably spit on the image of France (BF1 and Dunkirk), and worked to the perpetuation of the "surrender" meme, of which the British are spared when they fought as poorly.

Dunkirk isn't a embarrassment because 1943 propaganda needed to make young poor lads sign up in an army they could believe in.
Before that, the French were the heroes of Dunkirk.

Well anglo propaganda is a thing, most brits and americans really don't want to aknowledge how great french history and culture is/was.

t. half english-half french who lived in both countries

Let's blow up english WWI cemeteries.

I mean let's propose that measure to Melenchon and watch him win.

Let's not?

>half english-half french
Was it un père français qui déroba aux anglois l'une de leurs femmes, or was it an english father that stole from the french one of their women?

In other words, who was it that was cucked in the dealing that was your birth.

That was a pretty sweet trailer. I'm psyched as all hell.

Cheer up you git, it's going to be one of those "triumph of the human spirit" deals. Those are always better than your bog-standard WW2 action flick.

"Battle of Britain" was pure kino that will be topped anyway and you know it.

>number of French soldiers shown: none (0)
Why am I not surprised?

Mon père est anglais mais je me sens français, j'abhorre la mentalité britannique.

Okay, let's do it officially. Let's warn we will remove one WWI English soldier sepulture for every theatre entry this movie makes if that's really going to be as in the trailer: a theft. And do it.

You can't blame the retreat of a the BEF on the collapse of all of France. In WW1 they were left out to dry multiple times by France.

France just flat didn't want it. 360,000 dead for a country like France to just give up is a disgrace to the dead. DESU we should have just told Germany they could have all of France and we maybe could end the war. French leadership was incompetent as always and the men have no fighting spirit its no wonder why they are so cucked today.

>j'abhorre la mentalité britannique.
Rooh, ne laisse pas déborder ta haine contre eux jusqu'à que tu deviennes un traître à l'un de tes pays. C'est le mal ça!
Autrement, j'opinerais qu'il est mieux de se rallier surtout vers la cause française. Je ne peux pas même me concevoir un seul milieu où se prétendre pleinement français te sera du lest:
>dans le monde du business: "oh il est français mais parle parfaitement anglais? que c'est charmant et rare, embauchons-le"
>avec les tartelettes: "wow so hot! love your country"
Etc...

>no it is about the embarrassing retreat

Dunkirk is probably the least embarassing retreat in the history of modern warfare. The bulk of British army veterans being saved from certain capture or death by a bunch of bumfuck yachts and barges. It's kino mate.

Now a film about the Brits blowing up the French navy in Algeria is something i'd like to see. It showed the world that they were not going to surrender.

>In WW1 they were left out to dry multiple times by France.
Bountiful examples of which I'm certain you'd be delighted to invite in this thread?

>to just give up
I'd let you argue that France would've journeyed down a more honorable path had they not signed the armisitice and maintained the fight alive from the colonies, but otherwise, you do realize that the whole of mainland France was doomed. Encircled in Belgium, the options the French army had for resisting longer were sparse, and there certainly were few shows of those French soldiers surrendering themselves that weren't for that precise reason.

>DESU we should have just told Germany they could have all of France and we maybe could end the war.
>bide France into jointly declaring war on Germany, promising them that they'd be backed by your uncondotional support
>actually send 11 divisions only to France
>war doesn't start going your way
>"we should've told France to go fuck itself, we didn't even want this war :ppp"
Thank God Churchill had more honor than you did.

Repost cause ew at my spelling mistakes.

As someone who's neutral (I dislike both British and French people), you Brits are the pathetic ones itt
You're acting like you were tough shit in WW2 while the truth is that you were almost as bad as frogs
The only reason why Dunkirk didnt end up like another Singapore for you is because frogs were there to save your ass

I can certainly blame WW2 on the anglos cowardice and complacency towards Germany before the war.

well that and home base was just 20 miles away across a channel they had naval superiority over

bit different than running the gauntlet through the East Indies and then on to Australia one month later

If Britain had surrendered in May 1940, the war would have been a German victory. So technically they DID do more than anybody else to win the war. Plus they bankrupted themselves and shot themselves in the foot.

>acknowledge how great French history and culture was

Or in reality it's because most English language films are going to be about events in the English speaking world

implying

As a French i'm proud of Collaboration, i mean look at the current state of Europe. If the Nazis and Vichy were still in power our country and continent would be fine and the World-Rulers.

>If the Nazis and Vichy were still in power our country
Or how about this, l'ami:

>Europe is denied the extravagant buffoonery of nazism
>Europe, and France specifically, doesn't have to submit to the guilt-tripping incited by leftist forces
>nationalism can remain a full-fledged force spared the shame of its excrescence, nazism
>the continent isn't called unto to frame itself into a supranationalist EU to hinder the possibility of future wars
>the war having been evaded, Muslims and blacks aren't summoned to Europe to build Europe anew and amend for the destruction of WW2
>capitalist countries can continue to work in unity and act as a detterent to communism, which has to confine itself to the USSR
>jews aren't dealt the "hol up, anodah shoah" card

Comme l'a dit Clemenceau, "sans Hitler, c'est la paix".

>your country gets attacked
>surrender after 5 weeks, quicker than the Poles who were fighting twice as many opponents
>expect to get movies about your heroism and courage

>the war having been evaded, Muslims and blacks aren't summoned to Europe to build Europe anew and amend for the destruction of WW2
Nice mythos

Burgers got countless movies/games for their involvement in WWI.

>excuses the post

>we got ourselves surrounded because we can't hold the line with superior man power and armor
>fucking British

What would've been the circumstances for greeting muslims and blacks other than under the pretense of inviting them in to rebuild our infrastructure then, and mend our fertility rates?

>be british
>have to depend on these guys :"surrender after 5 weeks, quicker than the Poles who were fighting twice as many opponents" to defend your retreat
Pretty embarassing I must say.

That's because we don't lose wars.

The fuck is this picture?

A quarter of a million British troops were involved.

An anti-British his thread? You do surprise me. Hateful board.

>be british
>win the war

doesn't sound too embarrassing.

>quicker than the Poles who were fighting

Nice try Pytrsescky
I'm the first to mock the french for they display in WW2, but ine thing they at least didnt do is lasting less than Poland
Pathetic poles lasted 10 days less than frogs (and inflicted less casualties to krauts)

>>we got ourselves surrounded because we can't hold the line with superior man power and armor
Are you foreign to how the breach in the Ardennes materialized itself? In any means, it certainly wasn't something that could've been accounted to buckling under German might. If anything, there were no French soldiers to protect the Ardennes, and the Germans penetrated into France where there were no French soldiers.

>be french
>win the war

So what?

rebuild our infrastructure then, and mend our fertility rates?
Spoken like a true leftist cuck, did you drank your daily galloon of nigger semen today ?

Seriously. You can tell the Anglo hatred here is immense since so few people have even bothered to take issue with OP's shitty doctoring of the image.

Involved in being repatriated to England though, while they'd delegated it to the French to counter the German onslaughts against Dunkirk.

> Everything's Britain's fault
This is a history board, son.

>winning is bad

france, everyone.

>rebuild our infrastructure then, and mend our fertility rates?
Except I'm saying it's a fucking pretense.
Or would you rather mean to tell me that those immigrants were greeted in France because people were eager to have muslim and black neighbors?

>Spoken like a true leftist cuck, did you drank your daily galloon of nigger semen today ?
"mommy, am I hardcore yet?"

>have no more arguments
>"lmao, watch this, Imma twist the meaning of his words"
Dauntingly devillish.

Nonsense. The British military and civilian fleets also evacuated a quarter of a million French.

You know, because allies.

You have a lot of films about Vietnam though

Involved directly in the fighting
Can't you read?
Most British troops were just sitting on the beach waiting

Then you would deny that the UK failed to take actions against Hitler when they could. They even signed a naval treaty, that violated the treaty of Versailles, and they did this the anniversary day of the battle of Waterloo. If you can't see the UK played Germany off against France, you need to read more about the 30s.

The was the exact opposite: 'evacuate' doesn't mean 'fight to the death'. Britain played the long game.

>Of these some 215,000 were British and 123,000 were French, of whom 102,250 escaped in British ships.[16]
Yup, and I guess I'm under the calling of politeness to extend my thanks about this matter, but regrettably, the French that were rescued by the British navy would become redundant once the French authorities ordered that they be dispatched back to Britanny, where they'd be captured without being able to commit themselves to fighting the remainder of the war.

What I was trying to say though is that the British were granted the privilege of bieng the first to board the evacuating ships, while it was relegated on the French to hold the line.
>Although Churchill had promised the French that the British would cover their escape, on the ground it was the French who held the line while the last remaining British soldiers were evacuated. Enduring concentrated German artillery fire and Luftwaffe strafing and bombs, the French stood their ground. On 2 June (the day the last of the British units embarked onto the ships),[Notes 2] the French began to fall back slowly, and by 3 June the Germans were about two miles (3 km) from Dunkirk.

That doesnt contradict these numbers
Hundred thousands Brits and French were sitting on the beach awaiting evacuation why the French rearguard of 30,000 was delaying the Germans
Have you rever read up about Dunkirk?

>Although Churchill had promised the French that the British would cover their escape, on the ground it was the French who held the line while the last remaining British soldiers were evacuated.
>Enduring concentrated German artillery fire and Luftwaffe strafing and bombs, the French stood their ground.
>On 2 June (the day the last of the British units embarked onto the ships),[Notes 2] the French began to fall back slowly, and by 3 June the Germans were about two miles (3 km) from Dunkirk.
>The night of 3 June was the last night of evacuations.

Basically the British evacuated first
Then when they all had been evacuated (by June 2) the French started to evacuate
Then by June 3, some of the remaining French were hastly evacuated hastly (including a few members of the rearguard that had been slowing down the Germans to allow the evacuation) while the rest were left behind and got captured

Britain has always played Europe. This is nothing new.

Don't forget that Hitler was widely respected until Czechoslovakia. After that it was too late to physically 'do' anything.

> Use British navies
> Surprised British troops are evacuated first
And? Doesn't make Britain 'evil'.

Maybe if you British and French faggots didn't spend September 1939 sitting around with your thumbs up your asses while most of the German army was in Poland, or the 6 month vacation you faggots took before the Krauts decided enough was enough, you all would have be something proud to make a movie about.

Everyone killed after June 1940 is on you fucking cucks.

>Use French rearguard to make your evacuation possible
>Fuck the French lol

No one denies the French got what they deserved
The thing that annoy people is that Brits deserved that too and got away with it because frogs saved their ass while they fled

>Fuck the French lol
Apart from evacuating thousands of them, which Britain did, what more could be done?

You don't 'deserve' anything in war; you make your own destiny. Britain wasn't invade and still have the greatest navy on Earth, so why not evacuate?

There was little sense in fighting to the death over a country not your own.

>you make your own destiny

Except in that case it's the French that made your destiny by saving your ass

> whole thread devoted to Britain's abandonment of the French
> French saved Britain's ass

Fuck off, teenager.

If the French hadn't fucked up so immensely there wouldn't have been a need for the evacuation in the first place.

It's ironic that of the tens of thousands of evacuated French soldiers, only 3000 carried on fighting the Germans as Free French, with the rest returning willingly to France to surrender. Totally useless.

Why are you basing british and french general and field marshal decisions onto normal soldiers?

because the generals made bad moves, soldiers can't be heroic?

>that pic

Brits truly have no shame

People are also quick to forget that more French fought with the SS Charlemagne division than in the French resistance.

The French were no angels either.

Most of the evacuated French were sent back to France few days later (still weeks before the surrender) to continue the "fight" (which was already lost anyway but went on)
The very few that remained on Britain (and for some joined the Free French later) were deserters

> People from a country who took part in a war think their country did most.

More news at 10.

Muh 51st Highland Division sacrificed at St-Valery.

>Hacksaw this year
>Dunkirk coming next year

is warkino back in fashion?

>French outpaced, generally caught in traffic jams by Blitzkrieg after the literal complete shock of Fall Gelb
>bloodied Germans heavily when actually engaging them during the invasion
>betrayed by disgusting collaborator government

The surrender monkey meme needs to fucking end

The British surrendered in disgrace far more often than the French, especially to the Japanese.

it's his Dark Reich trilogy, this is just the opening act

>we don't lose wars

they should make Singapore next, the truest example of British surrendermania in WW2

>jews aren't dealt with

>gif from movie where Britain loses America because of France

Btw the dude laughing plays as Charles O'Hara
Here's what this dude is remembered for

>General Charles O'Hara (1740 – 25 February 1802) was a British military officer who served in the Seven Years' War, American War of Independence, and French Revolutionary War, and later served as Governor of Gibraltar.

>During his career O'Hara personally surrendered to both George Washington and Napoleon Bonaparte.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_O'Hara

>a country surrendering is the same a colonial army surrendering

Your country surrendered a millenium ago and never recovered sovereignty ever since that date

>FRANKED since 1066

There hasn't been a Gallic ruler of France since Avitus.

What about Charles the Gaul?

>Nolan

you're still a cuck

THIS
H
I
S
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
We aren't Gauls we're French m8
But there hasn't been a Briton ruler since Buddica

Who is Charles the Great?

You both are fucking pathetic is the point being made. The difference is Britian was retreating to fight another day because France literally exploded from cowardice and retardation. You can't expect a few divisions to die or surrender for a country that won't even fight for itself.

>You can't expect a few divisions to die or surrender for a country that won't even fight for itself.

France surrendered weeks after you bongs ran away though

>The French that fought and won WW1 was gone.
Yea no, While I will agree France stood a better chance of stalling ww1, against ww1 Germany. To entertain the thought that France alone could beat Germany is dumb. If ww1 was just germany/austriahungary vs russia and france. It would have been over in 1916. Fucking germany had to barrel through belguim though. Goddammit.

It was just Russia and France, britbong never contributed and were shitty as fuck while French did the actual fighting.