Sea of Thieves General /sotg/

seaofthieves.com/
Sea of Thieves is a pirate sandbox MMO that can be played with friends or solo.

Game launches on the 20th
support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000719208-When-can-I-start-playing-Sea-of-Thieves-

Sea of Thieves is cross-play compatible with Windows 10 and Xbox One, so you can play with people on both.

Looking to join a crew? discord.gg/hycfgZt

Attached: sea_of_thieves___icon_by_blagoicons-dbd4d1v.png (512x512, 301K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/38102/pre-order-exclusive-outfit-and-items-missing/23
xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-game-pass
youtube.com/watch?v=SdjTGr2FGKg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If anyone else was as confused as I was: preorders on the Microsoft Store after Jan 26 will still get the Black Dog pack, but it'll be emailed as a seperate code sometime in the next day or two.

Supposedly.

seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/38102/pre-order-exclusive-outfit-and-items-missing/23

If anybody else is wondering about changing your time zone to play early, they're handing out bans for it

Who else already cleared a fort? Gotta get that skull decoration

Still can't launch for another 10 hours over here. :(

Change your region to NZ m80

they're handing out bans bro be careful

(Citation needed)

The fear is real. This business will get out of control. It'll get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it!

Accessing the game before your region has unlocked is not allowed as the Microsoft Services Agreement which is part of the Moderation Guidelines is very clear on this issue: "Don’t circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Services.".

Where my Ameribros at? Only 9 and a half hours to go.

Attached: AE56A4D2-8AAB-447E-923B-BD27868272CE.jpg (3920x2881, 1.81M)

Thats barely enforced though, where are people saying they're actively banning for this specific issue?

reddit, can't tell if fear mongering or legit though

they can't complain on the official forums if banned though

just don't want any people who spent a lot of money to get banned over something silly

so i signed up to Xbox Pass, i'l be able to download Sea of Thieves at midnight right?

do you think this game will ever be 15 bucks

Depends on your timezone, its midnight EST for burgers

yeah you'll be all good
unless servers shit themselves

I cant preload it though can i?

not until midnight, sorry

You can't do this if you bought the game, can you?

you can i think, but they're checking ips and such

You can't. The trick is to activate a gamepass trial in the NZ region and play like that.

You can only preload if you purchased the game. If you're playing via gamepass you're SOL

You dont even have to do that, just activate the trial and switch to NZ after

I could see it being 30 after any major DLC is out, but on second thought they have said DLC will be free which is why the base price is so high, so maybe not.....

I think $15 is low. I'm sure it will go down in price a few months in, you can probably get it for cheaper from a third-party retailer like cdkeys

>mmo

???

What exactly is "massive" about 16 players?

>Pay $100 for game
>Move to a different zone.
>Get banned

And this is why no one uses Microsoft's shitty service.

yeah man, i don't know what i expected when i broke the terms of service and got banned

Dont think anyone but rabid fanboys are calling it an mmo

What content do you guys want to see?

An MMO, technically speaking, is any game that exclusively takes place online. So by that definition it is an MMO.

Slave trading

Attached: 1453786855210.jpg (576x731, 330K)

that is a MO a MMO is Masive

god i wish dat were me

So it's a MMO the same way Destiny is a MMO. Got it.

GamePass trials work, aye?

yeah, 14 days of free play on every account, could probably make endless ones

Is there trading?

Accounts are tied to MS accounts which probably require a phone number now so endless accounts is possible but not feasible.

There's no trading from player to player, like hats and such.

There is trading missions though. Take good from one island to another, sort of like a merchant.

Is this game only on the Microsoft store? I was interested in playing, but I don't run Windows 10.

Yeah unfortunately it's windows 10 only or if you have an Xbox you can play on that.

Something to do with crossplay and all that or so I'm told

Yes it is. Only on W10 or xbone.

sadly the reason why a lot of my friends aren't playing

Thanks. I don't own any current consoles and I'm not likely to switch to Windows 10 anytime soon. As interesting as this game looks I'm going to give it a pass.

Attached: lays-kettle-cooked-lightly-salted-olive-oil-herbs.png (334x483, 225K)

Wuddup
I'm not on the hype train, but I'm willing to give the game a shot.

Attached: 25-949a76e4b79a33aa821894af8970f83f6ed.jpg (600x290, 35K)

That's why there's a trial, xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-game-pass if ya need

I already bought the game. It'll be a nice change from my other games, and if anything, I suppose I'm banking on future improvements to the title.

whole reason i'm playing, it's a game where you don't need to be active in 24/7 to still be the same power as your friends

good if you have a job and cant play vidyas all day

>Not valid for PC

Dropped

Technically it should work for PC too

so am i gonna get banned or not

The 100 games isn't valid for PC, only ones with crossplay. (which sea of thieves is)

Sorry :4)

yeah theyre handing out bans, heres an email for further proof they're starting to take action

Attached: 1829xcigmllxqjpg.png (636x533, 357K)

>Permabanned from XBL for cheesing your timezone
Holy shit.

Just curious, If I have the games pass, does that mean I can play on PC at midnight? (US EST)

Maybe 1 in the morning, but around midnight.

anybody here actually paying $60 for this game? im not seeing AAA content

really excited for free 2 weeks though

Paid $65 but it's worth it for me, but again this isn't the game for everyone. Most people are trying to turn this game into something it's not, or compare it to something like WoW

Glad there's a trial option though, I'd say it's worthy of being on the gamepass. If you want to play it after 14 days, I'd say it's worth it.

that image is old. first off none of those links work at all.

also it mentions Zune. remember that thing that died years ago? yeah

Meant it as proof they ban for it, not necessarily for this game. If I'm not mistaken that ones for halo.

Just some people don't think they ban for "little things"

IF YOU HAVE GAMEPASS SET YOUR REGION TO NEW ZEALAND ON THE COMPUTER AND YOU CAN PLAY RIGHT NOW

Attached: Untitled.png (1600x900, 968K)

not worth a ban risk honestly. Just go take a damn nap or something so you can poopsock it all night.

They aren't going to ban, no idea why you guys think this or so scared. Fuck it's not 2008 anymore

I installed W10 on a spare disk to check the game. I also downloaded all telemetry stoppers out there and disabled anything that looks like it phones home except for the windows store. We'll see how it goes.

Should I keep it on the NZ region when I play or can I switch it back?

You could create a new account and use the game pass trial.

keep it NZ until NA launches

I'm gonna play for 2 weeks and be done with it. Same happened with The Division and Destiny2. This time I'm not paying.

im just gonna download it through gamepass with the time switch and play it at midnight not worth a ban

this desu,you can find Americans already streaming it

Where'd you spend $100?

That was for hacked xbox 360s that got the game before it even hit stores.

Just got a 14-day trial of Games Pass. Can I pre-load Sea of Thieves? The store page only tells me I can preorder for $59.99

Read thread, if you want to do that you have to switch your region to new zealand.

Its $100 in Kangerooland because they force you to buy both the PC and Xbox version simultaneously. You can't just buy one or the other.

Wow, that's dumb. Here both are the same version. I can buy on w10 and play on xbone.

I'm not trying to play early. I just want to know if I can pre-load or not.

That's Microsoft's entire methodology nowadays, what with the Xbox Play Anywhere program. Buying a game on either Xbone or W10 means you're effectively buying it for both. Any "Xbone exclusive" should also assume to be available for W10.

Nah. Its a shallow, flavor of the month co-op game. I'm going to play it for a couple of weekends with my friends, and then drop it and forget about it until like 2 years from now, when it has a few expansions out.

that's about how i feel and almost definitely what i'll do

disappointing

Krakken encounter:
youtube.com/watch?v=SdjTGr2FGKg

Umm...what the fuck? It doesn't even attack the ship or anything. It's just disconnected tentacles that suck the player to them. All that stuff in the trailer when the Krakken wraps the ship up and stuff was total bullshit.

What if I use a VPN to make my IP from
NZ?

>how would you like your kraken, senpai?

I like how the devs tried marketing the kraken as a central point of the game, but its not even finished.

Attached: invisible kraken.png (1920x1076, 999K)

this is the beginning of the end of the hype train i feel

after the 2 week trial ends i guarantee r/seaofthieves is gonna go into meltdown mode

Are there raids?

That's what forts are supposed to be, but you can solo them easily. You can backpedal faster than the skeletons run, so you can just kite the boss with your pistol all day.

I think they pushed it not so much as a central mechanic, but more as one of the errant dangers of the sea. It's tantamount to a world boss you can run into in any other MMO.

Of sorts. There are AI-controlled islands that are basically skeleton strongholds. They're marked with giant skeleton clouds leering overhead, and any ship that passes nearby the island will be fired upon. Anyone can freely assault these islands and claim the treasures inside, but it's not a one-ship job.

That's true, I shouldn't have said central point, but they did like to wave it around in every advertisement. I think they were even asked what the kraken's body looks like and they said "find out :^)"

i believe the reason why is because the black water and the absence of a body motivates players to remain on their ship through the entire encounter. it is better this way because then we would have a lot of crew members randomly jump in the water to get a screenshot for the internet, plus creating such a thing would take a massive amount of code and development just to have frames drop when it spawns on the server.

rare's version is much more simpler and people say that the head will appear on the surface once all of its limbs are damaged.

us launch in ~6 hours

That said, they did hold to the point they made that you won't just get randomly ganked by the Kraken. You will have a long warning period and very obvious tells before the attack begins (water turns dark, ominous music, etc).

To be fair, I'm not about to jump in the water and stare into a giant squid face that takes up most of the ocean.

Attached: 1437251818526.webm (202x270, 531K)

How much cut content can fit into a single screenshot?

Attached: qqF7ceDK8ZXRbmpZi59Jvi.jpg (1920x1080, 1.31M)

any1 else try to run the game and gets a message that you can't play because you are not connected to XBox Live on PC? XBox app says i'm connected but game says im not, wtf

>Microsoft games comes out
>people shit on the game in the general

stay obsessed

Well it could have weak points in its head, which would give the player a reason to fight it underwater.

Reminder to not autobrig

Attached: was getting caught part of your plan.webm (1920x1080, 2.5M)

>They lock you in the cage with your gun
Quite the oversight on the captain's part, I think.

Do we have a Veeky Forums crew goin yet?

It's full. All 4 of us are in there.

Put my discord in the OP, got a few alpha players if you're new :4)