Great Monuments destroyed by Islam

Pic related is Nalanda university.

One of the earliest and largest learning institutions in India and the world.

One of countless treasures lost to Muslim hordes

Feel free to add

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0GMurKEKYCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=73-2iXkrAyM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Cat_Massacre
youtube.com/watch?v=AJ9wvHq3eQ8
usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/24/american-indian-artifacts-paved-over-california/8086609/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Library of Alexandria
University of Gundishapur

First pic is also damaged from muslim.
Taliban finished it off sadly.

ITT: ISLAMIC SCIENTIESTS!

>These statues and pyramids of the old egyptians are all HARAM, they must be destroyed!
>Fail at destroying them

""""""ISLAMIC GOLDEN AGE"""""""

most examples are too recent and violate board rules here

are you going to do a great monuments destroyed by christian bombing thread? or is this just another attempt to make his an alt right hugbox?

>muslim hoardes
Can you define what makes a group of mussies a hoarde?

A ziggurat (and temple of Ishtar) is now gone thanks to ISIS.

>Muslim hordes
It's moderate freedom fighters you bigot, this is not /pol/, behave yourself.

So why does ISIS want this caliphate so bad? How exactly has the world wronged them so much that they feel a caliphate is the only solution?

>WHAT ABOUT DUHHH CRUSAIDSSSS

Alt-righters are retarded, but ISIS is destroying humanity's history right the fuck now. Make a Christian hate thread when Christians are doing the same.

>ISIS is destroying humanity's history right the fuck now

History being destroyed/stolen was always a thing in war/conquest.

>ISIS is destroying humanity's history
humanity's history can't be destroyed you moron, it's just an abstract contept

Reverting Sykes-Picot is their main objective along with restoring the caliphate

Rome destroyed Carthage and rebuilt it.

Muslims destroyed Carthage and didn't rebuild it.

I thought that was Caesar that burned it.

Um it was occupied them ignored as another location became the main city of interest.

this, along with hurting dogs, make me frothe at the mouth like a madman for some reason

to be fair, muslim bulidings in India are much better than the hindu buildings

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

youtube.com/watch?v=0GMurKEKYCQ

youtube.com/watch?v=73-2iXkrAyM

And it was burned by Christians before as well.

Who didn't burn the library lol?

all religions hates knowledge and scientific progress.

They believe that Islam will dominate the world in the same way that Marxists believe that the empirical destiny of the world is communism.

Well the main objective of Islam is to conquer the entire world, for starters

>whataboutism

Literally the only thing leftards do nowadays kek

Want to trigger Armageddon

>How exactly has the world wronged them
Stop boxing your thought into a corner.

Egyptian Pyramids - original outer casing of gleaming white limestone, destroyed by muslims.
>At the end of the twelfth century al-Malek al-Aziz Othman ben Yusuf, Saladin's son and heir, attempted to demolish the pyramids, starting with Menkaure's. The workmen whom Al-Aziz had recruited to demolish the pyramid found it almost as expensive to destroy as to build. They stayed at their job for eight months. They were not able to remove more than one or two stones each day at a cost of tiring themselves out utterly. Some used wedges and levers to move the stones, while others used ropes to pull them down. When a stone fell, it would bury itself in the sand, requiring extraordinary efforts to free it. Wedges were used to split the stones into several pieces, and a cart was used to carry it to the foot of the escarpment, where it was left. Far from accomplishing what they intended to do, they merely spoiled the pyramid by leaving a large vertical gash in its north face.[5][6]

forgot pic

Pyramid of Menaukure showing muslim damage

How's the fifth grade teaching you? Religion is by design a conservative institution but some of the greatest scientific advancements of history came from religious backing. That's not even to speak of what it has done for arts and architecture.

The things they destroy are far from younger than 25 years, so eat a dick.

But yeah, it's clearly the evil neo-Hitler alt-right thing to do to be disgusted by the constant historical destruction by Muslims.
Muh alt-right wahwahwah

buddhas of bamiyan

Because the resistance of a one all-powerful all-Muslim dominion caliphate is intrinsic to Islam.
All Muslims are commanded outright to move to the caliphate.

>but some of the greatest scientific advancements of history came from religious backing
That's just because the religious institutions were where power and wealth were concentrated.
>Islam takes over Middle East, claims credit for scientific advances made by Indian and Mid-Eastern dhimmis
>Roman Church takes over the West, funds construction
The secularized West has been far more productive than old Christendom anyway.

and Nubian pyramids were bombed by an Italian.
Whether it's on purpose, accident, or negligence the decay/destruction of monuments area thing.

>whataboutism
But in America, you are lynching negroes!

>Whether it's on purpose, accident, or negligence the decay/destruction of monuments area thing.

It's not whatboutism it's just stating the reality of humanity and it's history.

Which religion has destroyed more of humanity's heritage, Christianity or Islam?

Christianity preserved Hellenic Pagan ruins. I'm sure instances of heretics destroying shit has occured which im not knowledgeable about but nowhere near on the level that Islam has destroyed ruins of their pagan past.

Oh its another islam hate thread the fucking /pol/acks aren't even hiding it anymore.

Islam, mostly because they inherited the places with most of humanity's heritage to destroy

contrib or gtfo shitposter

Oh sorry I thought this was a shitpost thread.
All the other posts made me fit right in.

Christians did a pretty good job on yurop for their part; there was just less there to destroy physically.

There is only one book and it is Quran so no need for universities.

great, that way we can nuke them into oblivion and live in relative peace.

Looking at the Americas I'd say Christianity.

The same "humanity's history" that has been preserved for the last 1400 years by Muslims?

Fucking retard, this has nothing to do with politics, this has to do with a bunch of goat fuckers destroying historical monuments because muh Allah and muh Haram.

why did they destroy them?

And that defends the content of the source texts?

Islam is the manifestation of the holy cosmic component of change.

>I did not want to destroy the Bamiyan Buddha. In fact, some foreigners came to me and said they would like to conduct the repair work of the Bamiyan Buddha that had been slightly damaged due to rains. This shocked me. I thought, these callous people have no regard for thousands of living human beings -- the Afghans who are dying of hunger, but they are so concerned about non-living objects like the Buddha. This was extremely deplorable. That is why I ordered its destruction. Had they come for humanitarian work, I would have never ordered the Buddha's destruction.

propaganda; islam was the real reason.

kek

I find it funny that they mustered 4000 men just to recapture the city and finish the job of the remaining ruins.
All while their other fronts are falling apart.

It's like the entire goal of IS was to destroy any pre-islamic temples and ruins to try erase any doubt about their piss drinking prophet being the first and absolute voice of God.

>The Arab historian al-Maqrīzī, writing in the 15th century, attributes the loss of the nose to iconoclasm by Muhammad Sa'im al-Dahri [a fringe Sufi mystic] in AD 1378, upon finding the local peasants making offerings to the Sphinx in the hope of increasing their harvest. Enraged, he destroyed the nose, and was later hanged for vandalism.

What about the Summer Palace you piece of fucking trash

Afghans are not worth the resources.

I'd have to agree that it's complete bullshit. If they really wanted to help the people of Afghanistan they would have started a fund to raise money to get the statues repaired with the caveat that X% would go to humanitarian aid and Afghans would be employed to do the work.

This is based off recent new. Next time make a more general thread bub.

I'm assuming that if he could have started a fund to help the local people he would have fucking done so. These sorts of groups try indebting the locals to them with public works and charity. All the """freedom fighters""" from Palestine to Afghanistan do it.

He didn't because he couldn't, so he resorted to throwing a tantrum. "Oh yeah? You love those fucking buddhas so damn much? Here's what I think of your precious buddhas"
See also:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Cat_Massacre

>He didn't because he couldn't,
Bullshit. If he didn't use the opportunity to at least attempt it then he just proved he's a short tempered cave man with no respect for historical relics.

Your link is a different situation, although I will agree that it's somewhat similar. The apprentices were doing what they could to annoy their masters until they got their way. Captain caveman just hauled off and blew up an ancient monument because he was butthurt that some dirty apostates didn't offer to give his people free food.

>Captain caveman just hauled off and blew up an ancient monument because he was butthurt that some dirty apostates didn't offer to give his people free food.
I completely agree with that interpretation, I just think that this hick likely did not have whatever it takes to organize a fundraising party in SanFran like the Buddhas probably got, or at least he believed he didn't like the thugs who rob banks instead of trying to start a legitimate business.

wow, i truly see it their way now! really made me think.

Agreed I suppose. An idiot with a bunch of dynamite can do a lot of damage.

When it comes to the destruction of history, no religion holds a candle to atheism.

When news reporters were travelling in Afghanistan during the war as they stopped in a village and parked their jeeps up locals tried to feed the jeeps hay. These aren't sophisticated people well versed in PR and networking.

Are you retarded?

Since the incarnation of Islam theyve been flattening religious and non-religious sites

Imagine how many great Zoroastrain and Hindu and Buddhist temples that have been destroyed...

India is filled with ruined temples and Mosques that were built on top of demolished temples

ISIS demolished Palmyra that had been preserved for 1400 years - by Muslims.

>ransacked and destroyed by an army of the Muslim Mamluk Dynasty under Bakhtiyar Khilji in c.1200 CE

Nalanda was buddhist senpai

muslims don't destroy temples if they can avoid it

they turn them into mosqs by adding minarets like Haghia Sophia
like a bunch of old mosqs in Iran are old zoroastrian fire temples with added calligraphy and minarets

>I am five years old

Even ISIS is more interested in selling any artifacts they can pillage than destroying shit.

Christians destroyed a lot of Hellenic shit, including the Temple and Statue of Zeus

You can see the statue was already damaged by muslims, like the Sphinx :

>great monuments

Make an argument.

Also atheism isn't a religion.

Doesn't mean it should be now.

Plenty Muslims scholars and imams told the Taliban they were wrong.

You understand how people generally judge purposeful destruction differently right?

>implying the Ziggurat wasn't simply collateral damage in a land bulldozer battle
ISIS tried to save it, they really did, but they had to bulldoze. Not bulldozing it would have cost too many lives.

Gonna leave this here

youtube.com/watch?v=AJ9wvHq3eQ8

Christianity, undoubtedly.

destroyed by looting raiders you mean

survived 1300 years " under Islam"

Alexandria was burned centuries earlier

imagining is what you can do well
indian butthurt

welcome to political religions like fascism and communism

Why are Muslims such savages? How can we civilize them?

um not really

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/24/american-indian-artifacts-paved-over-california/8086609/

It happens.

lol Good
We still have the Sphinx but his light is permanently extinguished.

>We
Which part of Egypt are you from?

more like
>I'm american