>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Attached: 1520266615657.png (2498x4202, 3.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/291692
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw you start regretting your chatracter's name halfway through

Attached: 1510772795540.jpg (282x396, 36K)

>tfw you edit it with CE

Attached: 1481503830390.jpg (450x443, 102K)

>tfw you boot up cheat engine and fix it

Attached: praisin.png (735x1088, 1.03M)

Tell Charlie Edwards

Question about parrying with one-handed curved swords in both hands, what parrying data used, same as curved swords off-hand or hilt parry frames? (Animation same as off-hand, but wiki data tells that thrusting swords and daggers, when in both hands have their exclusive parry animation, but hilt parry frames)
Duplicate from previous thread.

>can't win any invasions
>effortlessly go 20-0 in undead match
Proof that (successful) invaders are objectively better at PVP than honoraburu duel fags?

what?

>You picked a name so lore friendly it confuses people into thinking you're another npc phantom

What is this things purpose

Attached: flameberge.png (188x281, 12K)

Stronger WAR2 than other greatswords

Fashion Souls

Attached: landscnekt.jpg (600x600, 13K)

it doesn't matter because it still does slash on it lmao

Bastard Sword and it's stupid curved guard makes it not fashionable, just an effective, underrated killing instrument.

Anyone wana do fightclubs tonight on PS4? I'm thinking about going about it in a few hours. I'm so fucking tired of pontiff clubs, so let's choose a different location

Attached: 1520609639859.jpg (500x708, 133K)

It was question about Dark Souls 2. When I hold any one-handed curved sword with both hands and parrying with it, what parry data(frames) is used?

its the data for parrying with one-handed curved swords

Nice damage with raw infusion. 36 bleed. Best PVE greatsword.

Isn't Claymore the actual best greatsword?

>Mandatory picture of a desert slut

Attached: tumblr_orcwtn39SR1ul4nsro1_1280.jpg (1203x1600, 383K)

>PVE
Claymore is good, but it actually need stats to get better.

Is having 15 faith for blessed weapon worth it on a 66 strength character (Dark Souls 3 obviously)? Is the increase significant or could I just put the extra points into vitality/dex/whatever?

Attached: 1507826998507.jpg (500x550, 101K)

>bastard/claymore have higher AR raw than flamberge
wew

Just a thought I had: I never had a problem with Iudex Gundyr because I had already mastered DS1, he's only killed me maybe twice. But as a tutorial boss, he seems far more advanced than Asylum Demon (or Vanguard or Lost Giant, definitely not Gascoigne). I feel if I was playing for the first time, I'd have a far tougher time with him than I ever did with booty demon. Can soulslets here confirm whether he's tough or not?

Attached: Iudex_Gundyr.jpg (960x540, 119K)

Having moderate success in either, I'd say it's just a different skillset/mindset. However, invaders generally have many more scenarios to account for

I want to rub Firekeeper's Dark Soles

Maybe go 34 VIG and 35 END, hit the soft caps with Prisoner Chain, so you have the points to spare for STR and FTH?

Flamberge has bleed tho, which is supposed to equalize things. Whether it does I dunno, I've never used bleed on anything that wasn't the Demon Princes

Depends on the weapon and if you can afford it, but it's not a horrible idea, especially if you started knight

10 faith + ring swap t b h

psn name?

>3 more ar at +10
>no bleed
wew

Invaders > bonfire duelists > twink invaders > undead matchers > regular PVE players > gankers

>implying you're gonna proc bleed before killing anything
>implying you're gonna proc bleed on bosses with slow GS swing
>it's still gimped bleed proc with 50 base damage
wew

Dark Souls 3 was my first souls game. I started as a pyromancer. You can just spam him with fireballs and he dies pretty easy, I beat it first try. Not sure about new players using different classes, though.

Successful invaders are by far better players than duelists, since they usually deal with more than one person at a time in severely unfair conditions (unless lucky) on top of the other stuff duelists deal with. That, and they're not afraid to use tactics that others would consider underhanded because they know what they're doing and how people will react.

Meanwhile, the average duelist will up and stop fighting if one of their arbitrary unspoken PvP rules are broken by their opponent. They'll BC out, they'll spam Applause while rolling away from you, they'll even straight up Alt+F4 if they don't like what you're doing.

The good times in dark souls 2 as benhart and gravewarden

Attached: file.png (372x169, 23K)

True enough. I remember seeing invaders like Prod randomly jumping in the arena with weapons they never used before and just tearing shit up with a build that wasn't even optimized.

ds3 was my first souls game ever
took me roughly 5 tries, after I got the hang of the gameplay he is pretty easy, strafe and you'll be fine
it felt like a huge victory though

AOTA > Ivory > Iron > Sunken > Ringed > Ariandel

Why do people say armor doesn't matter in DS3?

Because some people are actually good at the game and don't need crutches like armor because
>getting hit

>ivory above anything
lmao 2cats

Yes, I'm still mad.

>implying you're gonna proc bleed before killing anything
At +2? Yeah, plenty of time. Make Irithyl slaves cakewalk. Also proc in on champion without rouge. Let's leave our ebin "wew" and stop at matter of preference. I don't think 3 AR is better, that it.

Because it really doesn't. As long as you can get above 15 or 20% in the absorption categories, the only other thing worth building for are fashion and poise. The differences in the amounts of damage you take between a regular set of armor, and some shit like Full Havel's, isn't worth the investment since you're literally bargaining for something like 40 or 50 less damage taken per swing of an ultra, at most.

t. naked 7 vig 0 deaths dried finger solo runner

I believe it.

I played ds1 2 and 3 and facing Gundyr as caster is harder than melee for me, overall in 3 casting in front of an enemy that has no one other target but you seems like a good way to get hit to the face. Because the enemies are always so aggressive and in your face.

>see a solo host easily kill two Aldrichts
>duel him after and get a draw
>add him on Steam to tell him he's pretty gud
>doesn't respond
Please respond I'm no going to throw salt I swear. This was literally the only person I fought all day who wasn't a ganker or a hacker.

A blue showed up during our fight but the host let me kill him before we resumed.

>Successful invaders are by far better players than duelists, since they usually deal with more than one person at a time in severely unfair conditions (unless lucky) on top of the other stuff duelists deal with. That, and they're not afraid to use tactics that others would consider underhanded because they know what they're doing and how people will react.
Someone who's pretty good at bonfire duels but pretty bad at invasions here. Part 2 really fucks with me, because I keep seeing the people I invade pretend to want a duel; I don't like being an asshole, so I oblige, and then get ganked by their 2 pals right after it starts.

Also, I think this really depends on what weapon you're using. Non-meta weapons can work well in duels, but usually fucking suck for invasions. If you can't chase someone down because you want to use a fun but not-so-good weapon, it's a real fucking pain.

Cleric Beast is more reasonable ''first boss'' equivalent than Gascan.

Anyway, I definitely think a lot of newbies have trouble with Iudex if they haven't internalized the concept of iframes.

I think Gundyr is vulnerable to fire damage though, especially in second phase. Pretty sure he was getting stunned pretty regularly.

I introduced my gf to Souls and she almost dropped the game at Iudex, she felt like she would literally never be able to beat him. A week later she was killing Lothric and Soul of Cinder and complaining that they were too easy. Spiked Mace build.

Iudex is a terrible first boss for a new player, it only works for Souls veterans.

Well I'm hitting the vig/end softcaps pretty comfortably so I guess I may as well just roll with it.

I was thinking about doing this but in the heat of getting invading/invading others/duels I'll probably forget to swap or something dumb. But then I could go to 16 dex and be splitmeme cancer if I decided to ring swap.

Attached: 1512055954221.png (500x410, 176K)

I'll scream in /dsg/ when I get the time to play, shouldn't be more than an hour and a half. I'll say a spot and set a password

Explain this then, both on the same patch.

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (1062x1200, 581K)

hodrick is such a bully
he reads your inputs
i hate this cunt

Why do invaders think they're the best at pvp?

I played DaS3 after DaS1 and I struggled on him for a bit, choose the assassin class though and didn't know he could be parried. I spent most of DaS1 turtling behind a medium shield however so learning to evade rather than turtle was a learning experience.

anyone?

Attached: 1517610542011.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

You can easily hit 66/16 + 15fth on 120 if you don't care about poise that much. Otherwise 60/16 is good enough, you lose like ~20AR which doesn't even matter, because the number of hits to kill someone will be the same.

>the whip weapon art
>sometimes it hits players from another timezone
>sometimes the thing passes through players 3 times, dealing no damage, even when they don't roll
Why the fuck is this thing so goddamn inconsistent. What is wrong with this game's netcode?

Why would you do this?

how to pyro?

What kind of weapons are whips?
Long range or short range?

Because they are desu senpai

Anyone up for Soul of Cinder on PC? Password is dsg

anything which takes as much time to farm as the flamberge is really not a great pve anything

tap fire surge

40/40 Int/Fai
24 Att with Black Flame, Vestiges/GCFO and Fire Surge
Standard allotment into Vigor and Endurance
Everything left into Str/Dex
Witch's, Great Swamp, PChain/FaP+3, Sage's or off-hand Bellvine

be there in a second senpai

Fair point. But it's not story teller stuff or thrall axe tier farm, or legendary falchion which i get as drop only one time in 1k hours.

Alright, I'll be waiting next to the fog gate

>leave sign in front of a boss fog
>get summoned
>the host goes back to explore the area and you have to quietly follow him

Attached: 1484829437025.jpg (383x472, 27K)

I never have luck with the whip. The whip's gimmick is range but literally everything gets absurd amount of range online so you're stuck with this slow noodle that can't riposte/backstab/plunge attack.
>b-but at least it can't be parried.

Depends on the move, and if it's being one handed or two handed. Some are long range snaps, some are short range but with a wide arc, some bypass shields, etc.

The weapon art involves flailing the thing around violently, almost entirely to your left hand side for some reason, and can hit something right in front of you or to your left up to 3 times (at least, in PvE). Things to your right only tend to get hit once, but it tends to bypass shields on that side. The very end of the weapon art is a long range snap that can hit just about fucking anything in PvE. In PvP, the speed of the whole thing and the weirdness of the attack pattern makes it really goddamn inconsistent, plus latency will likely let someone interrupt you even if you would otherwise have staggered them first.

>what is black separation crystal

Looks like the Crow Quills guy is wearing just cloth armor, so at best he isn't even hitting the 15% mark for physical absorption. Plus you're using Gael's, which deals Strike damage.

Damn seem like epic weapons, why did I never try them?
Damm

Thanks for the help

>Urge to make Whip build rising
I want to make a pathetic joke character

Having played DS1 and 2 prior, my first impression of Iudex was he didn't feel like a tutorial boss at all. Also, I hate his wibbly-wobbly second form, it's a pain to look at.

>why did I never try them?
Because the only one that actually deals damage is the Witch's Locks, so you need to use a pyro build for it.
And because it's terrible for invasions, or if there's any lag whatsoever.

This is your DMB build for tonight

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/291692

Attached: index.jpg (210x240, 7K)

You'll make it, play it once, then quit. It's a joke you only want to hear once.

>doing footsies against my opponent
>my right stick has become super loose over time so whenever I even lightly press on it, it jumps
>accidentally jump away from his attack three times, avoid all hits
>wonder if he sees me as a shitter or a next level duelist
Maybe I just made jump dodges the new meta.

He's also wearing fallen knight pants, which will get him to 15-16% abs with black leather chest and whatever helmet/glove. Strike is also the lowest physical defense on havel's set. Your point being??

That downscaling almost made me wet myself, I didn't notice it until we got in - had to spend first part of the second phase swapping my stuff around haha. It was fun tho.

Attached: 20180319223915_1.jpg (3840x2160, 2.43M)

You would only lose about 11 SL worth of AR if you used the sunlight straightsword instead, and that's not even taking its buff into account

You say that, but after 3 games I've never made a Whip build maybe this is the challenge I've been waiting for

because they're retards or they're playing pve

What really doesn't matter, poise aside, is armor minmaxing. If you've filled in every slot and are using up most of your equipload, your armor is probably fine. And, poise aside, it's almost never worth leveling vitality over health assuming your heals are hitting the top of your hp bar either way (which admittedly may not be the case, but still); even the 41st point of vigor adds a whole 1% more HP if you're wearing the ring of favor. With the same ring, one level of vitality adds 1.08 units of weight, of which you can use 70% if you plan to midroll, giving you 0.756 units of useable equipload. If you want to match the benefits vigor would give you, you need to be gaining 1% more absorption per 0.756 units of weight, or in other words, have a 1.322% absorption to weight ratio, and this is assuming you've already pretty much maxed out vig. Most armors have a ratio of less than 1% even in their best stat unless you're looking at really light stuff.

stance is far better than oath in pvp

But notched whip has bleed which can be good.

Whip isn't a challenge, it's torture

I'd imagine. We were SL25, and it was NG+ as well

I don't disagree but I don't get a lot of stances in either way when using shield related, which is a great faith weapon

Attached: fwoosh.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

Is there any other weapon that has a description basically telling you not to use it?

Attached: whip.jpg (834x87, 20K)

blacksmith hammer, broken straight sword

SSS WA gives 2% AR boost in pvp, it's just worthless.

pickaxe
>1000 damage counter

it isn't good but it isn't just 2%