/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Robot dominating 2v2 edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

>QCNews
QC Update has moved from February to March 15 (at least devs aim for it), certainly there will be same base speeds/diffrent acceleration values/no hard cap speed across all champions, 2v2 and instagib gamemodes. High chances for crashes to be eliminated from the game. Devs ask as usual to "be patient".
Current patch notes here: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18

>DUSKNews
There will be another DUSKWorld 1v1 Tournament at 28th April. Both EU and NA will have seperate tourneys. How to sign up and rest of details are on NewBlood's Discord channel under #dusk-events tab.
Episode 3 "soon™", DUSKWorld is "still in beta"

>Tutorials
youtu.be/SSNNhUAVRuA
youtu.be/gpir6ZZKmcM
youtu.be/SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtu.be/f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtu.be/n2tdDZWSGy4
youtu.be/dkED2PSrl1c

>QC custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Fragged Bread:

Attached: image.jpg (800x530, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DhXkmUaT8fc?t=108
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for keeping the thread unholy

Attached: totem.png (237x367, 87K)

It's not normal to be soyboy and play quake but on soyquake it is.
Soyquake not even once.

Attached: qc.jpg (1200x675, 80K)

at least point to the current patch notes.

My questions: When's the next community stream and do I gain anything by breaking these easter eggs?

Attached: wollots.png (532x238, 149K)

You didn't get anything from the christmas presents, so I'm gonna guess you don't get anything from the easter eggs

what are the points of pots in general now that you get lore passively?
I have a feeling way off in the future, in a tourney for money, someone's trying to remain silent, and they accidentally break open a pot and give their position away
they also need to be more vocal and tell people that you can't get lore from pots, because I still see people waste their time running into these damn things

i used to think zoot was alright but his complete sperging about players thinking the new patch is shitty opened my eyes

>what are the points of pots in general now that you get lore passively?
They may do something with them eventually
Otherwise, just a breakable to make the shootouts look cooler. Like the breakables on the background in Street Fighter

>just a breakable to make the shootouts look cooler
They actually effect gameplay way too much.
Rockets explode if they hit pots instead of just breaking them and going through.
On blood run at least in QL you could walk between the shotgun and wall without making sound but in QC there are pots.

lol maybe when the next patch comes out they will make another promotional video were they shit on quakedads because there should be no pots in duel.
>quake champions has somebody for everybody
>now you dumb quakedads have yet another checkbox in custom games
>now you can play custom games without pots in maps

???

Attached: worth_removing.png (1330x451, 77K)

I understand the idea behind it but in the end it's misguided. Even if you're not seeing a 3/30 on the scoreboard you're still going through the experience of being stomped 10 times for every lucky kill you get
I've seen way too many afps die and this sort of thing is irrelevant to their survival - The genre itself is niche by design

not showing deaths and levels is 100% to ensure new players they're not getting ass blasted, even though they are
if a new player joins and sees that the enemy team is full of level 40s and 50s, proceeds to see that they have 5 kills and 30 deaths, then they will most likely quit
so rather than create some form of legitimate tutorial, or just not group fresh installs with veteran players, they do this

One just needs to look at loadouts and these sorts of ideas applied to QL and how unsuccessful they were
Bot support would be better than ANY of these measures. Allow the newcomer to learn the maps by shooting the AI for a while, let him go online when he's ready

Oh this is my thread and yakumo supporting the handholding babying of the new generation just like the trash that is Overwatch and Paladins.
I hate when a game thinks I can't handle a KD Ratio and treats me like im 5 years old.

Frankly it insults me.

If QC was doing well for player count this wouldn't be happening
I don't blame them, they will try whatever they can

What qc needs
>Bot Support
>Anti-Cheat
>Player Collision
>Current champion balance for Duel AND 2v2
>CTF
What qc doesn't need right now
>new champions
>events
>cosmetics
>buffs to spawn stacks/spawn weapons

what qc needs
>more cute slosh outfits

New champs need to trickle in faster IMO
I know they're not huge QoL/game improvers but speaking selfishly, they motivate me to start plating the game again for a couple of weeks

Problem is, this doesn't change anything. It doesn't stop ragers or leavers or anything like that.

What keeps people from playing this game is the fact that they have no real learning process before jumping into a live game.
We need Bots, and Tutorials.

Whenever I get someone new to play this game, I take them to all the TDM maps, and i show them everything and I let them take shots at me and I teach them all the stuff I know about the game and give them a chance to play against a handicapped player and let them learn before ever getting into a live match.

Bots can do EXACTLY what I'm doing without ever someone stepping up to do it.

The game needs bots, not to hide stats.

>What qc doesn't need right now
>>new champions
QC needs new content to keep players interested.
It's pretty boring to play on same 5 maps and you can't even choose which map you are going to play on.
I don't understand why does everything needs to be so polished. They probably have some maps designed, just fucking put them in the game but say that tournaments are only allowed to be played on "finished maps" or something.
Hell they could even provide some tools for people create maps or design champions. If they had done that they might already have all q3 characters properly modeled for QC for free.

honestly zoot is right
if you think strafejumping needs to be faster, go play overshit.
good players will go as fast as last patch, shit players will complain on leddit/here/wherever
Git Gud.

>maps
Yeah maps are valuable content.
New champs are questionable when they can't balance 12 to begin with.

>good players will go as fast as last patch
Only if given a lot more time to build up speed

>a lot
Overexaggeration. You need 1-2 extra jumps at most to reach the same speed.

More like 3-4. There is guaranteed deceleration on the first and third jumps, counting the circlejump
They will fix this probably

if there's no patch this weeks Thursday we riot.

Isn't it assumed that the next patch will be in April since we just had a patch 5 days ago?

>guaranteed deceleration on the first and third jumps, counting the circlejump
The fuck? Turn on your speedometer nigga. The number doesn't go down. If it does, you're just too dumb to understand how it works.

Yes. user is shitposting
You haven't seen the graph/explanation yet? The speedometer number is not accel, it's speed, that's why it doesn't go down. But your accel absolutely goes down

It would require negative acceleration for the speed to go down
What happens is that the number doesn't go up as fast as it should, because you lose acceleration at two points during your SJ sequence
That is, you decelerate at points

>Xavier "I can get 800 ups with 8 jumps on ranger" Dhorne is right
ok bud

I'm just gonna post this Duel from Dreamhack (late Dec 2017)
Everyone who is blind enough to claim the game got faster can just refer it to in the future

youtu.be/DhXkmUaT8fc?t=108

>number doesn't go up as fast as it should
Maybe it just doesn't go up as fast for you...

>late Dec
Oops, meant early Dec, somehow thought the upload date was Jan 1 instead of Dec 1

How do I put an end to the quakedads

add more soy features to QC brainError. They will leave eventually.

>tfw you're a true quaker but you can't into math

Attached: Screenshot (52).png (503x327, 120K)

>which is why I don't play anymore

Attached: 1466505153441.png (709x462, 660K)

>muh fast
Honestly QC is still faster than QL.
Even with the slowdown patch.
All the passive movement shit like double jump just makes it more upfront shoot-y and less control-y.
Compared to earlier iterations of qc, yeah its a bit slower, but compared to vq3/ql and such it's just noticeably faster.

Back to overwatch it goes.

>Honestly QC is still faster than QL.
It's not, nor it ever was
QL is 320 base, working SJ and uncapped speed
QC has never been like that, even when SJ worked 1:1 to QL there were speedcaps

The air accel for the default player actor in QL is also much higher
I think Visor comes the closest in QC currently, but it's still lower

>game plays faster
>ITS MATHEMATICALLY SLOWER
Who gives a fuck? It's faster with a slower basic movement

Why are the quakedads queuing at 2:49AM, don't you guys have jobs or kids or some shit

>>game plays faster
it doesn't though.

I'm not sure what you mean by "plays faster", and how the basic fact that movement is considerably faster in QL would be irrelevant to that
The TTK is so much higher in QC, everyone has fat stacks and spawns with armor
I don't put speed in a pedestal like you, but you're just factually wrong about QC's speed in relation to QL/Q3
I wonder how many other Quakes you have even played, as QC is easily the slowest of the series

Platinum example: Rapha vs Evil in QL game time
Compare it to ANY qc final.
QC is faster han QL

Just EU queueing into NA for easy elo, because NA is just so shit.

You're forced to run the 15 minutes in QL Duel, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say
You should count how long it takes to 9 frags in QL contrasted to QC, then
Still, it will depend on the playstyle of the people playing. Even in QC you can have Duels that end in like 2 minutes and others that run the clock

Frags are faster because of the movement abilities and active abilities enabling chasing/kill confirming.
1200 UPS rockets too..

>You should count how long it takes to 9 frags in QL contrasted to QC
in aerowalk it's about 5 frags in minute.

Can you tell them to stop? I just wanna have some fun...

Time to kill (I assume this is what you mean by "frags") seem slower to me, especially after the patch that buffed stacks
Just look at how long the average LG 1v1 lasts in QC Duel compared to QL Duel
1200ups rockets barely make a difference, It's obvious they changed it from QL's 1100 to allow for Lights to be more hittable by them (at least originally, with the current speeds they may want to reconsider the RL speeds, though I'm not crazy about the change since everyone's used to the current rocket's timing since CBT)
And few actives allow chasing, and QL-style SJing allows chasing better than most active abilities barring like Bearer's or some shit
Another thing is the size of QC Duel maps, they're mostly pretty large. Blood Run in QC is smaller, sure, but something like Sarnath or the new DM6 would be pushing to become a Duel map in QL
>inb4 Elder
What a beloved map, right. I loved getting killed by the elevator bug

>TTK
It's longer for a reason.
Without mega/red/yellow you have 100/100 in QL
In QC it varies depending on your champ, lights probably die faster than a player in QL. Heavies are heavies, you can't really make them die faster.
And if we're on the topic of TTK, how about 0.0 seconds? Some abilities allow burst that you wouldn't be able to do in QL.
>LG duel
I'm just going to contradict myself. I don't give a fuck. Slower base movement makes ADAD worse which results in faster kill times with LG.
>SJ is better chasing tool
SJing doesn't allow you to bypass defensive spam.
Meanwhile you have teleporting, 50% damage reduction charge, invisibility+invincibility, wallhacks, a fucking SHIELD with a high speed dash
Just tell me more about jumping is better at chasing down frags than QC abilities.

Vale, ZTN, corrupted are all pretty good duel maps.
I wish they came up with more small maps.

ZTN and Corrupted are the same map. ZTNKeep originally

He meant ztn3 (Blood Run), not ztnkeep

anyone in the EU wanna house me, i just wanna 1v1 bros

Frig off dumb american

damn...

>soyquake

Attached: soyquake.jpg (610x582, 103K)

No! What happened to my manly looking cooller?

AIDS

>instagib mode added
>neither niggers nor immigrants flock to the game
what the fuck

>join instagib match
>one frag left

thanks tim :)

reminder that normies will forever play games like fortnite and overwatch because they are only capable of consuming whatever is popular at the time and the concept improving or playing the same game for more than a year is completely alien to them as they browse their twitch feed for hot epic PUBG epic moments between family guy funny moments
I wish PC gaming was still niche

Battle Royale is a meme and like all memes it will eventually die

To whoever user memed me into believing BJ's dual wielding was back to 200% (like he was when he was introduced): Fuck you
I bought him and it OBVIOUSLY isn't. Every weapon has a different firing speed bonus with dual wield. Automatic weapons see the least boost, semi-auto ones (like RL) see the most, with weird outliers like the SSG which shoots only a bit faster despite being semi-auto and the Tribolt which gets crazy fast despite being burst-fire

HUHNG

To be honest sperging out about death count be removed from the scoreboard as some sort of IT'S PANDERING TO THE NEWBS! #NOTMYQUAKE #METOO shit is the epitome of elitist circle jerk 1300elo duelers

marriage

Thing is a about these popular games that they pander to the most selfish and childlike people possible no matter what age. Wind the clock back a bit and you have esports revolving around titles that if you play them you yourself had to put effort in in order to win. Be it SC,WC3,CS,Q3 in order to have fun in the first place you needed to improve a bit to compete.
Now let's look at what kind of games are popular now. PUBG,FORTNITE(only recently),OW,DOTA2,LOL. What do these games all have in common? The team aspect. Not only will people play anything no matter how badly of a game it is (PUBG for example) as long as they can play it with friends and have collective "success" moments in that game. Gaming is a social experience now more than it is about playing the game itself. Further more these type of team focused games like OW,DOTA2,LOL encourage solo playing kids to not focus on their own mistakes since there's roles and stuff they have always someone else to blame be it a bad pick for the team composition or just the other person being sooooo bad at what they're supposed to be doing. Honest improvement and actually enjoying the game is not the first need of this generation.

Who though that trying to compensate speed with stack+model size was good idea?
Trying to play with anarki is just retarded because even if you are fully soft stacked and take one rail then you can't show again because you are railable.
Trying to abuse speed is also pointless because there's really nothing to collect on map once you are fully soft stacked. Not worth even trying to get major item because dealing damage is just better option and ranger can always out run you to one major item.

Post 'em lads
Let's see how good /arena/ is at the only mode worth a damn in QC

Attached: duel wew.png (1303x317, 254K)

Attached: 1521049100352.png (800x450, 777K)

Attached: stat.png (1422x338, 258K)

>fat bald cuck doesn't even talk with nigrah in 2x2 ranked

lmao

post your fucking rank shitter

too much of an old fps pro to talk to common people. read his info. don't forget to subscribe and share really helps him out.

0 at everything because
>30+ minute queue with no pop since fucking december each time i try
so i stopped bothering

Oddly high KDR for Duel, nice
Even pros have like 1.3 or 1.4 because due to the format it's very hard to get a huge frag lead, and easy to die off the enemy's respawn if it was a close fight

One of the diamonds, idk which
I left my placement matches at diamond and have been there ever since

fuck you tim

Attached: reliq.png (1919x941, 2.12M)

I feel bad for people who got into QC late. It's impossible to get a Duel now
Maybe when it goes f2p there will be people

at least in EU you can find bronze - silver matches easy. Higher queu times in morning and midday but in the evening you can find matches pretty easy - 5min queu.

I've been playing since the first closed beta, just never touched duel since so much bullshit was involved (lg wiggling, rails missing between legs/armpits, 3 direct duds in a row, adad making you impossible to hit etc), and also I haven't touched quake for 5-6 years
Now that things mostly work the way they should*, I can only give up after spending ages in queues that never pop
*sng, 100 damage totems and le close range doubletap instakill meme can fuck right off

Has anyone else noticed that the Q3 Gauntlet has UAC branding on it? Elsewhere on the model it also says "Mixom", which is the company that made the Chainsaw in Doom 3 and Doom 2016. I had no idea the Gauntlet came from the Doom universe
I wonder why the UAC ever manufactured a weird futuristic melee weapon clearly meant for gladiatorial combat

Attached: what the fuck.jpg (794x604, 143K)

>clearly meant for gladiatorial combat
it's going to be a home defense aperatus sold by the UAC to regular citizens while earth is being run over by demons. think of it as "non-gun" way of home defense.

>UAC causes demon invasion
>sells weapon against it
pottery

>rages at every death
>throws his headset down when he loses to 2200+ elo players like he deserved the win
I wouldn't want someone like that talk to me
Pretty sure nirah is better than him, when I played him in ranked it was either close loss for me or i just stomped him because he was constantly in rage.
I played nirah in duel a bunch of times and I don't think I was ever able to win a bo3, closest was probably 2-3.

>soyquake

Attached: flat,900x900,070,f[1].jpg (900x900, 51K)

>selling a chainsaw as home defence.
Thats brutal.

GURKAN 2x2 WHEN

Attached: 1520997403201.jpg (480x480, 29K)

ill 2v2 you in xonotic or q4

Attached: 1515348699114.gif (600x338, 185K)

I was gonna shitpost but meh we're too mature for that here.

Double-bladed chainsaw skin when?

Attached: Doom-64-chainsaw.jpg (675x506, 41K)

okay :(

Attached: 7bf6a8bc092cf2be51adda90554ec1da.jpg (500x681, 70K)

doom64guy when

Wait for the Smash reveal and the cross-promotion.