/bbg/ - Bloodborne general

Comfy edition

Last thread: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Mar 6: Bloodborne is free for PS+ members for March
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25
-Dec 26-29/2017: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-Multiplayer range calculator: mpql.net/tools/bloodborne/

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-Hintertombs: 5x3agiwe
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Attached: Bloodborne_20170710025622.jpg (1920x1080, 354K)

What's a good early weapon for an arcane build besides saw spear? I just beat BSB so I'll be doing the chalice next for those fire gems.

Anything with a waning that can be converted

Cane works well with fire.

for wallpaper user

Attached: t1elmyg.jpg (2226x1200, 299K)

you're a good lad, i'd contribute myself if i had anything to share

Attached: elevatormishap.webm (270x272, 178K)

Attached: 1521243335895.jpg (292x257, 30K)

Ded gaem
Ded thred
Ded pvp

LIES

Attached: 1501439800002.png (686x586, 149K)

What's a place down the well under Cathedral Ward? Beast-posessed soul, Brainsucker and Snatcher, also mobs there wear some strange clothing, like graveguards.

BL4 here. Queen Yharnam lies dead, and with this the chalice dungeons are finished. All that's left of the main game, but first the DLC must be finished.

You're not reading a guide. Right?

Attached: 5124148705927.png (368x368, 86K)

It seems like he is.

Attached: 1492782786383.png (600x500, 24K)

I wonder if Guidies ever regret ruining the mystery and wonder of their first playthrough.

Attached: 7701760135403.jpg (400x400, 14K)

Anybody alive in here? I'm on NG+ and first time going to cainhurst. I get the feeling if I'm reading this lore right I'm not supposed to give alfred these summons. Now that being said. I want to benefit from the Vileblood covenant so what do?
I've beaten every boss available before killing Rom so before I make a move somebody tell me how can I get the most out of these also .... Dregs?

I guess some just don't care and don't expect to replay the game so they just try to get everything they can in one playthrough.
Why wouldn't you give him summons? You'll only miss out of executioner rune and executioner equipment (unless you kill Alfred for it, you heretic). You can revive Queen later after Alfred kills her anyway but there's no reason to. There's nothing you can really get out of Vileblood convenient except for a gesture for your first offered dreg. You can just get the gesture and then give summons to Alfred to get everything.

Giving him the summons won't fuck with the covenant since the altar in Bribri's room exists. You only need to offer like 1 or so dregs for the covenant "reward", that's it. You get them from invading with Corruption rune or killing certain npc hunters (not all of them drop dregs)

Spelunk?

Invade you say? Gotcha

I figured it would be dumb to do because he's a devout healing church stiff. She's like THE she devil. Paraphrasing what I gather of course.

ey beasthunter saif has a nice moveset. never bothered with it too much since i miss it on a lot of playthroughs, but wow wee wow

Attached: 184896709.png (512x256, 67K)

chalice dungeons are 100% necessary for almost any build and are the weakest content in the entire game

Yes, that's why Miyazaki created savewizard.

Can anyone help me with the first chalice til I get the fire gems? Can't count on randoms or myself

Pass?

In three hours

bbg

Ringing by the first lamp.

Im at layer 2. Ready to face boss

I'll ring by the fog, then.

Layer 3 too?

Sure.

Thanks alot pal

I haven't encountered this before, but ever since PS+ offered Bloodborne for free I get summoned by people that just sit there.

doing the roar emote usually wakes them up

Why is Miyazaki such an asshole?

Attached: Bloodborne™_20180320154315.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

>You messed up on the gems part for the tricked modes, it should be 1.195*1.215*1.215
SHIT. My dyslexia strikes again. I must've checked that shit 30 times and I just couldn't see it.
Fixed.

Attached: wheel comparison.jpg (1228x344, 92K)

Dumb question but what program/website are these calculation screencaps from?

Good Fire Abyssal was the single hardest gem for me to get.

Too bad they're not even useful for the best Fire setup.

They are if you prefer Open Foes over flat damage on your Radial

desmos.com/scientific

If your AR is 700, a perfect Open Foes is only going to be worth ~40 damage. Then you're sacrificing a potential 14 AR from every attack just to have the OF possibility. That means your counters are gonna do about 26 damage more. If you can't get a counter every three hits you're actually losing damage.

I haven't bothered to keep track of how often I actually land a CH, but I doubt it's 1/3 of the time.

If you like fighting Hotdog though more power to you. Might be better than farming BAH.

Hostan' Isz

Glyph = 7vyfma4z
Pass = bbgisz

I haven't played Bloodborne since it's release so I've picked it up again, holy shit theres a lot of new things going on.

I decided to try out the saw spear, any recommendations for builds? or is it just basic?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1920x1080, 275K)

coming

25 Str 50 Skl or, at least, 50 arc and convert it into an elemental weapon.

My luck with Doggo has been pretty good, farming BAHs is too boring imo. Haven't done the math on a 700 AR weapon but with a 600 AR weapon I lose around 7 AR on non-counter hits so I think it's a fine trade.

Either 25/50 Str/Skl for ez gem farming or 50/25 which gets more AR if you get a Heavy Abyssal for it (not as ez to farm). Arc works too, you only need to invest in Arcane for it

Have one and room for another

Thank you both very much, see you in Yarnham!

Attached: lust-for-life.jpg (1500x1500, 453K)

>one-shot through a wall

Attached: 1515002960630.jpg (657x623, 69K)

Attached: sd.jpg (466x478, 182K)

man fuck hmph

Amelias pendant gem is actually pretty good for pve stuff before you get endgame chalice gems.

At least he was first boss and not last. Pre-layer coffin had GOW and pre-boss had one Ritual Blood. Layer 2 looking good so far with a chest right outside the door.

Pretty much decent for Paarl and that's if you didn't dunk him already, Amelia is pretty much the last beast boss besides Larry and Lud.

>I lose around 7 AR on non-counter hits
You're forgetting the extra +14. You're losing that by not taking the BAH setup.
Also that 6% OH bonus means less and less at lower ARs, and I was being extremely generous starting at 700; most weapons are going to clock in around 550. e.g. Saif only gets up to 533 before the +s.

I was thinking for bloodletting beast in early chalices too.

I just realized why the Carrion Crows can't fly more than a little off the ground, and not for long.
They're too fat from all the corpses they've eaten.

How do you not instantly understand this the moment you first see them?

I hadn’t really put that together either. Pretty morbid

They're called "carrion crows". Come on!

Attached: crazy pills.gif (532x229, 1.49M)

In a game where dogs have bird heads, and birds have dog heads, it's not so weird to think that something a little weirder may have been going on with the crows.

I always saw them as just lazy

You see the crows first! And the chimeras literally only exist in the nightmare.

I am literally upset to be sharing /bbg/ with lads this slow.

Attached: silly.jpg (552x450, 98K)

>he knows the BAH fire setup is superior
But do you even farm pthu watchers for OOE fire radial?

It doesn’t exactly say that in-game and I’m retarded.

The new increased activity has been so fun.
Getcha one of these, user. There is literally no one in range of me I can't one shot, unless they leveled only vit and are wearing choir garb maybe.

Attached: welcometobloodborne.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

Frankly, I never really paid attention.

Bloodstones dont come easy so as I sit here with a +7 Scythe I must ask. Why is the Scythe so shyte?

Pic related are some numbers I did on a 50 Arc Saw Cleaver, it's why I mentioned I only lose around 7 damage on non-counterhits. Saif should get similar numbers since it has the same base damage and Arc scaling. With Open Foes the Hotdog setup gets around +28 more damage on an r1 than BAH's setup (during Open Foes the Hotdog setup's AR ends up being 612(+30)).

Attached: 50 Arc Cleaver Hotdog vs BAH setup.jpg (1077x1214, 411K)

Spelunk's on layer 3. Boss was Keeper.

The burial blade? Shit? What the hell are you doing?

What gems are you using, what are your stats, and what enemies are you facing?

PvP

>Saif should get similar numbers since it has the same base damage and Arc scaling
Yeah you're not wrong (9AR). I was just reasoning nominally without doing the % math. I'm not sure what I thought you were talking about with the 7. I should have assumed you were right and it was after all the actual math.

The extra 25 AR looks nice on paper, but my position is that you won't be hitting counters often enough for it to not lose damage over the course of a fight.

It's pennies though, really. I just prefer only using OH when I can/ need, to double up on it for Arc conversions.

Is Shin already there with you? If not, mind reloading the dungeon or killing yourself, it helps cheeky cunts who want to invade like me.

Fucking scythe is ridonk dude.
>>>+7>>>>shit gems>>>>>shit weapon
Shit logic.

Attached: They're all using hacked gems. The whole FC.webm (844x475, 1.97M)

Thrust 7.2
ATK 7.3
ATK 8.4

VIT 38
END 30
STR 49
SKL52
BLT12
ARC7

The only thing I regret in my stats is the four levels I wasted to try out to Chikage.

Tell me a weapon that can actually lose against the shithammer.

Because you have extremely shit gems and because it’s +7. Not even gonna comment on that build, I guess it’s your first

>spell spam
>answered with attacks
He deserved every bit of that wreckedness.

Yes it's my first and I was primarily a str build for Holy Blade but at certain levels it would show me that I would not gain any extra dmg so I'm not gonna level a stat that's capped.
Lvl 138

Any. My dumb ass has beat niggas with the """"shithammer"""".
Call it Law of Averages if you want, but it's happened.

>one gloves.exe is spam
I'm sure you're just a regular riot to fight.

Yeah the difference isn't that big, I just think both setups are fine really.

I aint the best but I aint horrible either combat actually feels slow by standards but fast compared to other souls games.
I play a tit-load of DMC and KH.

>spell spam
the fuck?

Sure thing, senpai.

I don't why you said this gay shit to me, but fuck you for making me read it.

Well get better gems, I suggest droplets from Winter Lanterns in Mensis or the DLC, and/or if you like the moveset, keep upgrading it with chunks

Out of curiosity, I've been planning on doing a build that focuses almost exclusively on counter-hits using finestrike gems. How much more damage can you get from counter-hits using the best gem setup for such, versus ordinary hits with best phys up gems (aka, is it viable even if it's not the best scenario, just for the novelty? This is just for a PvE run, btw.) I'm planning to use saw spear.

I dont know why your elitism is so strong that you can't see that I'm a humble user trying to learn to NOT NOOB fool. Pull that rag out of your snatch so I can stop pissing you off for easy luls and tell me what I did wrong instead of being the /v/ I love so much. For 10 mins at least. Also consider the only souls game I've played and completed fully is DeS this is my second in the series.

Thank you kindly; info considered.

Are you the same user who wanted help with Orphan the other day?

What’s goin on here? Same user from yesterday?

>I beat people with Kirkhammer
>1 cast isn't spam
>>Hurrrr well I like DMC
Color me confused.

>fuck you for making me read it
Funny how you half you cunts think you're senior older dudes dealing with kids. I'd fuck your shit up 1v1 with one of my 117s. I'm doing a 98 for the challenge, I'm not going for DMC. It's a souls game. if you won't help shut your smug fucking mouth.

Do we finally have a new pasta? It's about time.

Attached: 1486240995587.jpg (800x533, 225K)

Too soon to make it a copypasta, lad.

Fun dungeon, the loot was a little lacking though. Invasions and a cameo from our friend the pilgrim made up for it. Thanks for joining.

No I was in here a few days ago asking help on other things on my first playthrough and then streamed it.