>HTC Vive Setup Guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd (embed)

>Recommended VR Applications/Games 2018
pastebin.com/YtRejmd5 (embed)

>VRChat Resources and Tutorials
pastebin.com/AVvN08hT (embed)

>literal trash
>old:

Attached: 1521539072855.jpg (1508x1014, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k6juQR4RMy4
youtube.com/watch?v=oPujLcwFgeU
youtube.com/watch?v=HBc11OTs80I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Should I try and sell this thing for a vive set + das + 3 trackers, now that its price reduced?
I live in australia and the price on the official AU website hasn't come down yet

I can probably grab 400-500 AUD as I have 3 sensors and its in pristine quality as I've used it for less then 100 hours

mainly want full body tracking and thats it

Attached: sell this thing.jpg (3264x2448, 1.17M)

I may or may not be alone in saying this but I don't find it annoying at all when you try to make contact or strike up a conversation or send a cute hello how was your day. In fact it in turns brightens my day and cheers me up so much more than you think and a true friend, online or IRL, would love to hear from you in any way. Personally I have the problem of not reaching out to people as much because I value personal space, both personally for myself and also for other people so I feel like sending a message on Discord or running up and saying hi in VRChat is a breach of that personal space for them.

i'm gonna optimize and get this thing working even if it kills me

Attached: magnesium.jpg (904x858, 215K)

I'm so close to getting through the house purchase process, I can almost feel the space I'll have access to. Couple that with the vive going down in price and I should be able to finally own VR at last!

Attached: 1449615322-065b9af584077aca92c5ec38914db43e.jpg (600x338, 108K)

A problem for me as well is that there's really not much time when I can actually chat properly. I do it at work a bit on my phone, but other than that, when I'm at home I'm usually playing VRChat or sleeping.

Where can you find the standard running and walking animations in unity? I can't seem to find them.

Don't worry, user! You'll find a vrgf(bf) soon.

Not everyone is looking for that from this game, some are here to just have a good time with friends

Pretty much what
Said. I'm not here to date people, I'm not that desperate or retarded.

>you have to be desperate or retarded to fall in love
Well not saying those two aren't viable reasons to cause one to seek love but some people just catch feels randomly, hell even some pen pals have fallen in love with each other only knowing each others hand writing and personality via mail

Reminder that you've never even seen 'reality'.

Attached: 1436109003026.png (349x360, 115K)

What did user mean by this?
Are we all in Plato's cave right now and simply digging a new deeper cave instead of escaping?

What if I want a vrbf(gf)?
Either way it won't happen, I'm not even anyone's vrfu so there's no interest.

Attached: 20180319203132_1.jpg (1199x1144, 261K)

I want to get good at avatars!

Attached: fd.png (212x190, 63K)

Didn't mean to quote.

The cave is your mind and your senses are the projector.

Attached: 1469483510407.png (500x539, 115K)

Long distance doesn't work, and relationships held solely on the internet are bound to be filled with childish drama, and needless emotional trauma for all parties involved. It's a headache any sane person should, and would, avoid.

>/vrg/
>sane

Attached: 1421235140047.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

For every few long distance relationships that have failed, there's also a few that have remained and succeeded.

sounds like you're speaking from bitter experience

VR relationships are uncharted territory however. I think the immersion of VR combined with haptic feedback in the future will change our views on relationships. I can imagine that as time goes on VR relationships will become normalised much like online dating is today compared to how it was viewed 10 years ago.

dont forget that vr is an expensive hobby. if people can afford rifts and vives and leg trackers and shit like that, they can afford a plane ticket to go see the person they like

But how many people from here would actually suck a male cock irl?

Attached: 49422114_p0_master1200.jpg (600x600, 89K)

>they can afford a plane ticket to go see the person they like

Not advisable.

Attached: 1442088072436.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

I ain't doing the sucking, let me tell you what

normally hell no, but if it is my vrgf i would play ball with her(him) *giggidy*

As if I'd have the slightest experience in relationships. It's obvious that going to meet the man who operates the anime girl you love in game is a terrible idea in almost all cases.

Attached: 1440919447107.png (1330x1080, 821K)

I would without a single doubt in my mind if it's with the one I love.

You're assuming vr as it is, is viable for that sort of thing. Here and now, it's just a slight step above what the internet could normally provide for online relationships. By all means, try it, but just know it's never going to last.

Let them do it. I wanna hear Horry stories about "Harold" a fat balding man, meeting "Jim" a lanky 19yr old who's Harold's long-time vrfu crush, who he confessed to one romantic evening at the void club.

Sounds like you're bitter. I moved across multiple states to be with my bf after years of online dating and things are amazing.

Try and deflect all you'd like, but it doesn't change that you're mistaking infatuation with genuine feelings of love.

Blue has an irrational fear of certain mold monsters that I do not agree with.

But, now you're assume that people in long distance relationships don't know what the other person looks like or how they actually are. Why? I mean sure there probably are a few relationships like that but in most ones the people know what each other look like IRL.

as if the two of them havent shared pictures and created bonds prior to meeting face to face
pic related

Attached: The+morals+of+an+ass+man+pls+no+ban_94c2a9_5733086.jpg (780x930, 129K)

I'd do it but only if it was really big, aesthetic and attached to a cute smol trap.

Oh no, I'm well aware that in its current state it's not really viable. But considering how fast things develop I was thinking that maybe that will change 5-10 years down the line. Personally I'm not here with the intention of looking for a VRgf(bf), I'm just here to have fun. If I ever happen to catch feels then I'll just have to deal with that when the time comes.

>19yr
>long-time vrfu crush

lel

If they actually shared pictures online they'd almost certainly destroy their VRelationship immediately anyway.

>trying to take your "relationships" put of vr
How stupid do you have to be to even consider this?

Attached: 1520436446440.png (900x900, 758K)

Ausfag here, will buy one of your sensors for $50

I want full body too but I hope Oculus will deliver a late-but-good solution like they did with motion controllers and touch.

Why would sharing pictures and selfies destroy a relationship?

At this point i don't care if she(he) looked like chris-chan i would still marry her(his) ass, one we both get old and fucked up we can be like veteran buddies that reminesce of the old days

Not him but, they might not find each others meatspace avatars attractive

>inb4 I will luv dem no matter wut xD

>they might not find each others meatspace avatars attractive
so commission a doctor to make a hot new avatar

already said that in If you cannot phantom peoples feelings surviving disfigurement / the other one being "ugly" at some point of the relationship you shouldn't probably consider relationships in any serious sense

Yeah of course physical attraction is a key cornerstone of any relationship but who they are as a person is what matters the most.

I would. I fantasize a lot about it.

Because they're attracted to the lolibotegirl in game, not the fat, balding, middle aged man in `reality'.

>falling asleep at desk
>depite gettings 7 hours sleep
>mind keep blurring between current work and some abstraction of VRChat

Attached: 1518423428868.png (308x274, 99K)

Bold statements, but I'm willing to bet you'd change your mind pretty quickly when actually putting it to the test.

You use e-relationships as a crutch for the fact that all your real life ones have been failures.

No amount of ERP, "vr socks" or whatever other memes you use to comfort yourself will change that.

Take it to /trash/, friendos.

vrdreams are the best, the hand tracking is great

The joke is on you, kid, I've never had a real life relationship.

Attached: 1456172255664.jpg (829x776, 89K)

i’ve never had a real life crush though

Which makes it funnier when there's people like you pretending to be experts

Not having a relationship is still failure.

>not getting past the initial source of attraction and learning to love them as a person through babysteps of new info
Let me ask you this, imagine you've fallen in love with a beautiful girl and married her, one day she gets into an accident and her face is scarred with burn scars, would your love for her die with her looks?

I already did put it to the test, if you can even call it a test to begin with, and sharing pictures with my boyfriend only made me more attracted to him and his handsomeness.

This isn't that. This is me typing VRChat words when I'm supposed to be typing Work words.

Not if you don't want one.

You don't have to be a chef to understand eating a plate of shit is a fundamentally bad idea.

Attached: 1494716369738.png (498x710, 390K)

can you tell that i am a little dozy

False equivalence. Physical attraction is a key part in actually having a relationship with someone, there's a stark difference between what you described, and them using an avatar you like in vrchat, only to be a fat, middle-aged manchild in real life. One is essentially a pitfall, while the other is an unfortunate accident out of you, and (hopefully) your long-time partner, whom you've connected deeply with.

laughing_proteuses.jpg

Control*
tl;dr
You're in love with an anime character, not the person, and pretending otherwise is unhealthy.

>physical attraction is a key part in actually having realtionship with someone
For you

Oh fuck off, you're no different than everyone else when it comes to that shit, and no amount of feigning kindness will mask it.

scuffed hotel

Attached: 2018-03-20_20-25-28.png (1920x1080, 737K)

trapanon your so fucking gay holyshit

What the fuck did you expect?

>i am a vain piece of shit, therefore everyone else must be as well, what is this empathy you keep talking about?

Whatever dude, keep on pretending you're totally a saint and shit. Hard to imagine why you'd need vr, when you already so fucking delusional.

It's a fundamental part of human nature and a delusion to believe you can escape it, or it's a small minority just being bad people. Even changing your VRC avatar makes people treat you differently.

its the real life proteus effect, people born ugly are doomed from the start

Is it really that hard to imagine that some people are able to see beyond looks, you don't have to be a saint to be humble you know?
youtube.com/watch?v=k6juQR4RMy4
Well i shall consider myself lucky then

>tfw picked a funny memey avatar and started coming to meetups
>tfw people know me for it
>tfw wanna change to something better and cute but then people wouldn't recognize me

fugg

It's hard to imagine you're somehow different than everyone in the world, yes.

Not doomed, but they have a coefficient applied to everything they do that requires they have to put more effort in to everything for lesser gain.

Thank you, that made me feel special, i've always had a very low self esteem but to hear i have something special to offer makes me feel a bit better about it

Attached: YqCjigZ.png (956x514, 419K)

Lucky how? That you're willfully ignorant of who you are as a human being?

>arguing with a brain damaged trap

Attached: howtoenjoykillingbites.png (1016x727, 420K)

I'd do it now, rather than later. I think it will be worse the longer you leave it. Mentally prepare for significantly inferior interactions with those you know, though.

>my partner is physically attractive
>somehow thinks this proves what you're saying instead of making your entire argument moot
Are you genuinely retarded?

it's not just a coefficient, it clips the top off maximum potential. You could be riding your sports rocket to Mars and you'd still be struggling for respect and top pussy if you're not hot enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=oPujLcwFgeU

A coefficient reduces 100% to a new value. 30% is the maximum if the coefficient is 0.3.

sorry for blog post but yesterday i tried a vr headset for the first time at my friends place and that shit blew my mind, it really is amazing i can't wait to get one.

Se you soon user

what demos did your friend show you?

Don't be sorry user, I love to hear all of your stories. What did your friend show you?

Undead made the switch to proteus. I think anyone can change if they want.

just real simple stuff, ran around in vrchat a bit, drew in presentation room, played a minigame where you block blaster shots with lightsabers, it's just amazing how fluid and lagfree the tracking is, like exact 1 to 1 movement of my hands. I did slightly lose my balance when i moved in vrchat though.

And Duke Nukem, of course.

I didn't meet him on vr you retard.

>wait for some time to see if the vive price drop reduces prices in my country a little or order one now and get to use VR on weekend meetup
Aaaaaaah, I hate difficult choices like this!

Attached: 1516472284462.gif (960x540, 1.75M)

youtube.com/watch?v=HBc11OTs80I

> I did slightly lose my balance when i moved in vrchat though.

That goes away with experience, the tracking in current VR hardware is fast enough that you can use the visual cues to keep balance, you just gotta get used to it.

What kind of movement did he let you use in VRchat? Normal smooth movement or the teleportation trail thing? That's important, you want to know if you're gonna have a bad time before getting VR and typical fps-style smooth movement, strafing and jumping are the biggest triggers for sim-sickness.