/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

I haven't made a thread in 2 years I hope it works edition

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade
>Stationeers: Dean Hall scams you
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech
>Wayward Terran Frontier: Zero Falls

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off. Look it up on desuarchive and stop asking.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting
>REM

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Attached: stormworks_2018-03-17_22-36-40.png (1920x1080, 892K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TxFk9w8axyY
youtube.com/watch?v=1skbgEGEn80
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: grilled.jpg (3008x2000, 2.66M)

>Won't let me delete other thread for unspecified reasons, not even 'it's too soon'
What de fug
Have they put even more arbitrary post deletion restrictions on?

This one has the gril so I suppose that makes it more official

I'll repost here because hopefully other thread will be dead in no time.

Attached: When your webm is just barely under 2MB first try.webm (638x394, 1.98M)

they both will die in no time
such is the fate of /egg/

I don't think OPs can be deleted

You could, after a few minutes.
But looks like the shilling control and the FBI dosent want "evidence" to dissapear.

I've tried removing OPs before, like years before, and no dice.
>FBI dosent want "evidence" to dissapear
Nothing dissapears. Everything gets archived by great archive bots like fireden.
Even then the simplest bald fag with a server and connection can get a script to scrub the site and save all content.

Could be different in some boards, i actually dont recall doing it here in Veeky Forums but i remember doing it in others.
We usually let it die, or fuck it up more and have like 3 threads at the same time.

Why has this never been mentioned here? it seems like /egg/s wet dream

Attached: Jet.webm (1324x854, 2.86M)

Attached: Jetblue.webm (1324x854, 1.26M)

Attached: heh.jpg (276x142, 18K)

Attached: DO NOT RETARD.png (1440x469, 125K)

dont post that here

Attached: 1517842738833.jpg (960x612, 33K)

Too cool for /egg/. no_fun_allowed.jpg
Are a decent amount of mods upated yet?

You're supposed to make a new thread, link it in the old one, and then let the old one die. You can't delete threads on vg at least.

well the old one died before either of the 2 new ones were made

Attached: tools of the worker into arms of the worker.gif (800x450, 1.76M)

Nobody cared about planets

Attached: 1 (1).jpg (768x480, 62K)

Apparently not.

Attached: The full blaned experience.jpg (720x694, 35K)

i seen space shit
time to die

Hydraulics game when

Attached: 632_1__62485.1476831446.jpg (989x1280, 435K)

Never

So, you like pistons?
youtube.com/watch?v=TxFk9w8axyY

Why did it snap together instead of simply falling?

>Why did it snap together instead of simply falling?

Attached: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (1024x768, 17K)

There was still a lot of pressure on the retracting circuit

Attached: 1520897884234.webm (918x542, 2.87M)

ded

Attached: dedtropolis.webm (718x404, 2.68M)

>spray&pray in public place
wtf is this, spetsnaz?

Yes, a lot more than linear actuators

seriously though, this is super retarded

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT JUST LET ME LAND ON THIS FUCKING MOON WITHOUT ANY FUCKING THING GOING WRONG AT THE VERY LAST FUCKING SECOND

Why is this use a fuckload of connectors instead of merging bodies?

Attached: Separation.webm (1920x1080, 1.79M)

What game is this

It was his prototype to be totally fair. It would be nearly trivial to miniaturize.

Real Life
The pacing is fucking terrible, and pretty much everything is RNG (even character creation).
Oh yeah, permadeath too. I don't even know if there's a postgame, the devs haven't talked to anyone in years.

Yeah, and a while back some dumbass LARPing kike ruined everything forever. Would not reccomend at all.

What the fuck
Who would play that shit? How much of a turboautist do you have to be?

The only good thing about it is the engine, since you can VM basically every other game in existence inside it

Yeah it would be trivial, because you could have something functionally the same by just slapping down 2 fans one some pivots.

I like this. This is a good idea. I wish I had impulses or something worthy of combining with your rig.

>you could do this totally different thing

The way that works is basically a tandem helicopter. There's no reason for 4 fans or pistons.

Right now, I'll accept anything. I keep putting off live testing because I'm busy or don't have the parts. But I'm free from university work for a few weeks now.
Fortunately now I always have my apollo without having to sell it periodically, though it'll be about 12-24 hours before I get my tank tracks back. Augers are best, though.

As long as it fits, any test subjects with guns are good. The endgame however is probably either a teammate with 2x mandrakes or 1x mandrake and 1x or 2x shields, though.

>More stable in similar (smaller, even, depending on size of rotors in stormcucks) space
>Different flight pattern
>Can be upgraded for more precise control or more capability than tandem helishit
Pic related, you

Attached: I am not qualified.jpg (900x1200, 263K)

>mandrakes
personally not a fan
maybe another warbro can help you there
unfortunately I recently minmaxed my 5kps rig and I have nothing for higher powerscores
three junkbows aren't exactly optimum loadout for the design you have going
I've also been busy playing non egg games like "try to get pussy irl" and "improve yourself through exercise and diet"
I haven't played in a while so I lost out on a bunch of shekels. I put in like three videos to the cuckout show, so if I win once (again) I'll buy something shiny for testing.

Dude that thing literally is a tandem helicopter. You could make the same thing with the same fans, except with only two and without using fuckhueg linkages, and it would be 1/10th the size and better in every way.

>personally not a fan
You have to understand that the idea is the mandrakes would be front-facing rather than pointing upwards.
Basically, it's like the tsunami, except with burst-fire and fire puddles for maximum 'fuck you'.

The design shown there is 6k powerscore or so (The maximized one which has a single additional shield for a total of 5 is 10k powerscore) but again, I'm not picky right now. All I want is something that fits and can fire at enemies, even if it's just a bunch of chord machineguns.
Only real requirement is having a growl cabin or duster cabin since those are narrower.

>Dude that thing literally is a tandem helicopter
as it is right now, you're right
although, as someone else pointed out, it's a prototype

A prototype for what then? How is that design ever going to not be a tandem helicopter?

I'll get online and poke around my inventory for some different potential builds
Your designs on the whatchyamacallit?

depends on what they add into stormcucks
it is potentially more capable than tandem helicopter
off the top of my head, a potential capability could be an angled fuselage maintaining a static position

fucking hell is there a way to make trains not path to a station if that station is currently occupied? this is a huge problem

This is tangentially related, so a bit of backstory - Myst and its sequels were the things that got me into engineering as a kid because of all the contraptions and various things that I saw in the games. For those that don't know, the company that made the series kickstarted an "okay" game (Obduction).

They're developing a new one that looks like it's even more engineering-related (theme, not gameplay) than ever before. I'm beyond hyped.

Attached: Firmament.jpg (1024x576, 109K)

Creative signaling maybe

in factorio? There's probably a way to do it with circuit networks. Disable the station while a train is currently there, but also disable the block in front of the train at the station so it doesn't try to leave.
maybe, I haven't tried it.

Progress.

Attached: screenshot-180321-012345.jpg (1920x1080, 1014K)

I figured out a solution, I wanted to make it so the stop was enabled if there was >200k copper in the chests and disabled if there was a train already there (I'm using multiple stops with the same name). The decider reads the contents of the chests and outputs "T" if it's

Attached: train.png (1920x1080, 3.41M)

I assumed trains would immediately try to fuck off if a stop disabled while they were currently at it.
It's good to know that they don't. I've been using S-R latches to enable/disable my stops for nothing.

>I assumed trains would immediately try to fuck off if a stop disabled while they were currently at it.
They did in previous versions.

So using two addition logic boxes and inverting the roll input to the right side causes the plane to have a seizure in while in mid-flight.

I've figured out that it's caused by the up/down axis, and it only happens when I try, using whatever the part method to combine the up/down throttle and the roll throttle.

Unless someone has a clue, I'm convinced the only way to make a tilt-rotor with props / ducts is to use two hinges two control roll / pitch and leave the engine throttle for up/down.

This is so retarded though, because it should work. There just appears to be an error in the floating-point precision within the game's engine.

Even more fucked up is I made a version that worked, tried to rebuild it and every iteration since is fucked.

Attached: stormworks_2018_03_20_20_27_13_293.png (1920x1080, 815K)

You could just add a throttle engine and use power combiners. Would probably be easier than adding more hinges.

Why the fuck do they keep remastering that game? I get it was an interesting game and fun at the time, but for fuck's sakes, let it die.

Attached: screenshot-180321-031954.jpg (1920x1080, 659K)

They've only remastered the absolute shit out of the first one, unfortunately, but I have no idea why. Like you said, it was interesting and fun at the time but it's gotten WAY stale. I don't know why they haven't touched Riven (maybe because of the Starry Expanse project) but I'm almost entirely certain that the assholes that are pic related wouldn't let the IP for the third and fourth game go, so nobody could do ANYTHING with it (up until now).

Fifth doesn't exist.

Attached: Kill it.jpg (261x193, 7K)

Seeing this makes me want to move the back wheels forward some.

Attached: 1500452444332.jpg (600x600, 94K)

Attached: thumper.jpg (720x559, 150K)

>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off. Look it up on desuarchive and stop asking.

right there in the op

I don't have any idea what you're talking about but I don't care about your chanwars nerdvirgin drama. /kspg/ is dead and if dumbass shit like Opus Magnum or Crossout are getting posted here kspg belongs

COMPELLING ENGINEERING GAMEPLAY.
4 Kilometers of tedious fun!

I decided to shelve that idea, since I don't have that part yet and missions just keep handing me plane blueprints, since there's like 50 of them.

Why didn't they just make "wing" blocks that provided lift instead of just adding multiple stackable parts, easier to implement, more freedom.

Attached: stormworks_2018_03_20_23_34_16_065.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

>/kspg/ is dead
For a REASON.

It's a game that is old hat that doesn't have a large poster base. You're not acting any less autistic than the old kspg posters

Keep talking about it and enjoy the ban.

>being this dumb

Attached: farage.jpg (3500x2587, 682K)

Who's the head autist that owns /egg/ and I can talk to to appeal this upcoming ban :^)

>responding

Attached: 1518966021140.png (949x838, 634K)

Also how can kspg be the mexican scam game when it's not a microtransaction cashgrab like crossout or it's an actual released project unlike Spengies. Is the autism legit this strong?

Attached: 1457895151086.jpg (1280x850, 715K)

>responding to the catfucker
Have you idiots learned NOTHING?

>sperging instead of answering legit questions
hmm

you have to do stuff like this
1 engine for up down
2 engine for roll(cant have one cus you need to invert one)
1 engine for pitch(for helis)

i would suggest changing the hinges for rotors

Attached: 20180321000600_1.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

Hello, this isn't engineering and you have been reported to the Veeky Forumsthorities please delete your post and enjoy your ban

I'm beginning to think update 1.15 is just a buggy piece of shit, because now the helicopter I haven't redesigned in a week suddenly can't yaw and the logic is still hooked up the exact same way it was before.

Attached: stormworks_2018_03_21_00_17_19_847.png (1920x1080, 349K)

>mods finally did their job
wew

Attached: 1501258740676.png (900x900, 357K)

Attached: 1440217271549.jpg (858x536, 94K)

The fag probably deleted his own posts before mods could get him.

Attached: 1391471796094.jpg (1200x1600, 418K)

here is the original discussion, lurk more:

Attached: 1519989154917.jpg (1632x1224, 1.49M)

Source?

Source?

Does anyone here play Space Engineers? It looks fun but I suck at creating things.

Spengies a shit.

Yeah, Space Engineers is a waste of money. It's buggy beyond words, it's survival mechanics are no fun and filled with gaps, the devs have given up on it and it runs like shit on even the best computers.

Any videos you see made on it are faker than the moon landings and took just enough effort to make before hand.

Attached: SpaceEngineers_2017_09_28_08_11_37_180.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

fag here, nah I didn't delete anything. For some reason you all are so spergish about kerbal that I just don't get it. Maybe I haven't been in this general long enough to know all the memes

youtube.com/watch?v=1skbgEGEn80
Why are germans so autistic?

>germans
)))))))

They shit up the threads so bad. They had their own general at one time. Didn't last that long because apparently the people that play aren't the nicest. Compare that to most engineering games where lots of players are older and laid back.

>video game that shall not be named
>we're just more mature here at /egg/
Doesn't add up