/utg/ - Undertale General

Cool Kiddo Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo/

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

-Fic Recommendations
>undertale-fic-recs.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Attached: Happy Frisk wearing one of Sans unworn spare hoodies because sans is too lazy to change out of it.jp (1000x1414, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jTyGWXX4ve8
youtube.com/watch?v=3YTgwY1Ld5s
imgur.com/a/XyO9U
youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=7wfYIMyS_dI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cute nerds

Attached: DYfEDcIV4AAquC0.png (1015x967, 1.27M)

Attached: mobile.png (945x863, 416K)

Good question. Don't know the answer.

Am I the only one that sees Frisk as a boy and Chara as a girl?

why do all the cute frisk arts have to be frans

OI, YA CHEEKY WANKAH, WHEAH IS YER UNDERTAHL LICENCE?

Attached: DX7ugBnU0AAzs_1.jpg (1773x2048, 386K)

Why would you even ask that question?

>frisk cosplaying as a nihilistic shithead
How fitting

fatalistic, not nihilistic, you dunce

No, but I don't see it that way. I see it the other way around.

I am the only one that likes this goat

Attached: DX-tVPhVMAExAE2.jpg (460x500, 27K)

they're both cute girls

Yes, for it is canonically the other way around with Frisk the cute girl and her many cute monster girlfriends and Chara the boy who is a ghost who wants to be boyfriends with all the boy monsters but can't as he is a ghost

>but can't as he is a ghost
aren't you forgetting somebody

Attached: sleep.png (1600x1354, 1024K)

now that's a rare ship

Napstablook is unfortunately already one of Frisk's girlfriends.

youtube.com/watch?v=jTyGWXX4ve8

Post music

Attached: 1520901223830.gif (480x360, 1.28M)

I meant what I said.

The spider a cute! CUTE!!!

Attached: 1496947991419.png (828x739, 256K)

youtube.com/watch?v=3YTgwY1Ld5s

Attached: 7e68ae1a5b8b655397f160cbcdc29601.jpg (312x360, 17K)

imgur.com/a/XyO9U

But can the Spider find out how to put a lime into a coconut without cracking it open!?

youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q

Attached: Asgore enjoying some music.png (750x750, 211K)

Attached: 67833629_p0.jpg (2000x2668, 1.25M)

The baby spider walking down the school hallway with Shyren!
Picking up Shyren!
Shoving Shyren in the baby spider's pants!
Giving the baby spider, and thus Shyren, an atomic wedgie!
Hanging the baby spider (and thus also Shyren) by her underwear on a coat hanger!
Removing the coat hanger from the wall and tying it to the flagpole!
Pulling the baby spider and Shyren by the baby spider's underwear up the flagpole!
The baby spider and Shyren being stuck at the top of the flagpole by the baby spider's underwear and crying!

kissu fishu

Attached: 67831076_p20.jpg (1240x1754, 1.02M)

It is weird to me because for all intents and purposes, Frisk and Chara are two versions of the same person. I mean, like, differentiating them between different genders and heights and ages is just weird when you think about it from a symbolic, thematic, patternistic point of view.

Chara is just Murder Frisk. Frisk is just Merciful Chara. Frisk looking in a mirror, and seeing Chara's face, Asriel projecting their emotions towards Chara onto Frisk, the player looking at Frisk's sprite and Chara's name and believing that it's the same individual, that is how the two characters are meant to be in relation to on another.

If Frisk is a boy, so is Chara. If Chara is a girl, so is Frisk. Personally, I think female would be fitting for them both, but I respect the ambiguity. They are both just a 'human child'.

when im not in smash

Attached: 504e738439e26efb002b04f3075d8511554c86f0_00.jpg (512x384, 20K)

You keep posting this, but Asriel explicitly says they're extremely different from each other, and that there's no reason to act as if they're the same person. They're not two sides of the same coin. They're different people, who act in different ways.
You can try to slap symbolism on everything. I've assigned tons of meaning to strings of words from a random number generator. Just because you can force something into a neat pattern doesn't mean that you're supposed to. The game tells you that Frisk and Chara are different people. Listen to that.

>Frisk and Chara are two versions of the same person
The fuck did he mean by this. Don't try to justify your headcanon to other people, just live your life.

This. But don't expect these idiots to understand. Like Venom Snake and Big Boss.

user they're literally intertwined for some unknown reason to the point that Frisk can experience Chara's memories. There's a bit more going on here than just two kids with similar fashion preferences.

Attached: 0183.png (700x1000, 681K)

I can't wait for the Smash trailer where it's like it shows Mario walking down the street when suddenly there's a voice behind Mario and Mario turns around and it's a shadow and Mario has to shake the hand and when he does then the famous blue eye shows up and his famous line "YOU FUCKING BAD TIME KIDDO" and then it starts playing the Undertale theme song, Megalovania, and show Sans in game using Sans powers of teleporting and bone katana and slamming other characters on walls all over the walls but then he get hit goes to cgi and no music and he is on the ground after being hit but then you see his other power, which is that he can tag in other Sans in this case they show Blueberry and so they show gameplay of Blueberry while the other Undertale theme Stronger Than You plays while in Judgement Hall stage and then he does his final smash which is that Frisk comes on screen and Sans says "fucking kiddo..." and tries to kill but then Frisk gets bumps into other character and Sans says "fucking KIDDO TRIES TO HURT KIDDO! TIME DIE!" and he and other sans combine to form final sans and slam the enemy a million times to a gazillion walls and then after it done we see Sans cool pose and cut to Super Smash Bros logo while Sans says "heh. bitch get what bitch does." just like he says in the game

Real Sockpuppet hours.

It probably has something to do with having a near-death experience on top of Chara's grave.
There is a lot of circumstantial connection that has nothing to do with their specifics as people.

>Smash
>Sans
If we get any Undertales in Smash, I'll be pretty pissed if Undyne isn't one of them; seriously, she is the only character that would make sense for this.

>that has nothing to do with their specifics as people
Because we know essentially nothing about them

Attached: DYsui51V4AAcIxM.jpg (1950x2048, 417K)

Would Undyne still love Alphys if she knew that her experiments turned the king's dead son into a soulless flower creature?

Its canon that Undyne hates Asgore (like all the other characters) so she'd think he deserved it

>Its canon that Undyne hates Asgore
that's the opposite of canon

why do you keep shitting on your favorite character

Did you even play the game? Don't you remember when Flowey told Frisk that he hated Asgore and Frisk agreed that Asgore was shit and told Flowey it was okay because everyone else hated him as well and that Flowey deserved to have Sans as his new father despite the fact that Sans regularly talked about how it was too bad at not being allowed to kill Flowey and even held him above open flames to taunt him with his dead?
Geeze user, get with it.

It would make the coitus significantly more awkward.

>he doesn't shit on his favorite

how is this still a thread lol wtf

Here's what we know:
- Chara and Frisk are extremely unlike each other in one particular aspect
- According to Asriel, someone who knew Chara best and knows Frisk somewhat well, they're also unlike each other in all other aspects
Frisk and Chara are opposites, of a kind, on a scale with pacifism and roleplaying on one end, and violence and completionism on the other. But they're not sides of the same coin. They would be sides of the same coin if their different approaches in that one particular led to similar overall patterns, but they really don't.
There's some symmetry, and they're opposites, but it takes more than that for them to be sides of the same coin. Most of the symmetry is in presentation, it isn't showing that their opposite behavior is similar in some deeper way.

Of course! Cuteness can bend space and time and cause miniature wormholes to warp limes into coconuts! It's so simple!
Cutie!
Pulling Shyren and the spider down the flagpole!
Untying Shyren and the spider from the flagpole!
Comforting Shyren and the spider and giving them a big hug!
Chasing and catching the bully!
Turning the bully in to the principal!
The bully getting in trouble!
The bully being unable to bother Shyren or the spider anymore!
Shyren and the spider happily passing the rest of the day in peace!

it isn't a thread

There aren't similarities in their behavior but dualities. Chara is the opposite of Frisk, and approaches problems in the opposite manner Frisk would (violence instead of pacifism). It's more like Ying-Yang or since Chara's a murderous little dickhead, good vs. evil.

Basically what user said was right - Chara is just evil Frisk and vice versa.

>They would be sides of the same coin if their different approaches in that one particular led to similar overall patterns
Pacifist or genocide, the underground still goes empty by the end, right?

Yin-yang has a sort of two sides of the same coin thing going because yang is at the center of yin, and vice versa. Going too far in one direction makes it wrap around to the other. How does that apply to Chara and Frisk?
Chara and Frisk just show two opposites. That's all.

That's a narrative similarity, it doesn't point to some sort of equivalence between violence and pacifism.

>it doesn't point to some sort of equivalence between violence and pacifism
Eh, they're both problem solvers. And despite not being a murderer you can still play pacifism like a total fucking dickhead.

Anyway, I agree that anons are probably looking too deeply into things for meaning, but it's a fact that Frisk and Chara are connected in some unknown yet significant way, and that they're essentially mirror opposites of each other.

I'm sure that Undyne would be understanding of Alphys's actions. Asgore learning about this would probably just add a lot to his current amount of guilt that he feels about his declaration of war against humanity, since that is the primary reason why the determination experiments happened. However, regarding Toriel, I think that at best, she would harbor a strong hatred of Alphys, Undyne, and Asgore, and at worst, may try to murder Alphys.

>yfw you will never get to watch a gladiator match between goatmom and mengelizard
toby pls

youtube.com/watch?v=7wfYIMyS_dI

Attached: C-RigIJUQAA6DFD.jpg (1020x900, 106K)

Toriel already hates Alphys

Attached: Sweet headcanon bro.png (138x298, 70K)

Yeah but now she could REALLY hate Alphys. But as far as what user said, I think if she actually sees Flowey she wouldn't be able to contain her seething hatred and would lash out violently. Everyone has their breaking point.

>literally fires her ass when she confesses the truth and doesn't say a word to her or Undyne in the ending
>Undyne and Alphys don't interact with her at all even in the Q&A
Yeah bro i'm sure Toriel just loves Undyne and Alphys

Attached: 1437530957678.jpg (320x320, 10K)

>doesn't say a word to her or Undyne in the ending

Confirmed for not playing the game.

I think he means after, and even then all she says to anybody besides Frisk is that they need to think about what to do next. It's not really an indication of anything. She probably considers Alphys a bumbling fool though, but who doesn't at this point?

But things could be oh so much worse.

Oh cool, reruns.

>It's not really an indication of anything

My point exactly

Chara and Frisk are opposites on a scale of Genocide and Pacifism, and they both co-exist in one body, with that split pretty much manifesting in regards to whether you pick "FIGHT" to the extreme, or "MERCY" to the extreme, with excess cruelty vs excess flirtiness on top of it.

They coexist in one body, as two ends of a scale. Your actions could easily end up somewhere inbetween them.

There's plenty of reasons to think Toriel doesn't like them
>the way that she treats Alphys in the ending
>the fact that Undyne and Alphys are very close to Asgore
>the fact that she has no positive dialog with them after the Asriel fight is over
>doesn't interact with them at all in the ending cutscene, the Q&A or the alarm clock so far
What proof is there that she likes them? Its way more likely she doesn't

You're reading too much into things. The most you could conclude from that amount of evidence is that she doesn't really have an opinion on them. The only thing I think that'd cause her to actively dislike them is if the full truth of her experiments came to light.

are thero more cute human San fanarts instead of bald fatfucks ?

>The most you could conclude from that amount of evidence is that she doesn't really have an opinion on them.
She literally fires Alphys after she confesses her sins. The game makes a point to compare it to Asgore's reaction of comfroting her and hugging her.

Toriel doesn't like Alphys, i'm sorry if this screws up your threesome fetish or something but its what the game implies

>She literally fires Alphys after she confesses her sins
That's not an "I hate you" action. That's a "I'm doing my job for once" action.

It wasn't even her job, the game makes a point of Toriel firing her and never having her speak to Undyne or Alphys in a positive manner or showing they do.
Show me proof of Toriel liking either of them in the TP ending.

>She literally fires Alphys after she confesses her sins
Because she fucked up her job and shouldn't have it anymore.
>The game makes a point to compare it to Asgore's reaction of comfroting her and hugging her
Because he's an idiot who gave her said job in the first place (albeit he was tricked).

>Show me proof of Toriel liking either of them in the TP ending
I don't have to because I never said she liked Alphys. I said she had a neutral opinion of her. She doesn't really care. I mean, she will once she finds out what lesbo lizard did to her kid, but outside of that, she doesn't.

>Because she fucked up her job and shouldn't have it anymore
Yes, which is why Toriel doesn't like her and never shows anything resembling fondness for her and only has negative interactions with her in the canon ending.

Unless you can give me a shed of proof that Toriel likes Undyne or Alphys post TP then stop trying to claim i'm wrong despite having actual in-game evidence to back myself up.

What the hell are you talking about?

>I said she had a neutral opinion of her.
Literally every single one of her interactions with Alphys is negative, she doesn't like her. Its the natural conclusion to draw and the one supported by stuff like the Q&A where they never interact with each other.

post {REDACTED}

The events that happen in the true pacifist ending that support my position.
You see when you debate you're suppose to actually bring proof of your side and not just make baseless claims while shitting on the other person's claims. I get that some people apparently don't grasp that but here we are

Both of you are wrong

You know I'm not the same guy right? I genuinley don't know what you're talking about. You're talking about a scene in the TP ending I have no recollection of.

The political bear in Snowdin talks about what happen when Alphys confessed to the king and queen about what she did.
Asgore hugged her and said everything would be okay.
Toriel just fired her on the spot and that's it.

Attached: Shit bait.png (864x728, 26K)

Is the role of flowey completely gone in this AU?

>I don't like whats being said so its bait even though the other guy has in game proof and I can't come up with a single bit of evidence to support my position!
weak

>Saying he has evidence of his head canon when firing someone is not a sign of hatred
bab tier.

It looks like you're going to eat shit, faggot.

Attached: 1.png (1280x720, 785K)

>I can't understand that Toby want that scene in a way to show the difference in opinion between Toriel and Asgore and how they deal with their stuff
This is the same woman who literally hated every single monster and thought they were evil because they wanted to be free and not have to worry about being murdered. Toriel is not the type to support other peoples view points.

>inb4 Toriel didn't hate them wtf
Her genocide dialog confirms that she thought they were all just like a genocidal Frisk

>Still doesn't have evidence that Toriel actually hated anyone
mspg you're trying too hard

Oh you're talking about the post game stuff. That didn't click with me cause I never did that. But I think occam's razor applies in this situation.

>list evidence multiple times
>doesn't count because ??????
I'm done with this, you're clearly just shit posting to make me mad now
Occam's razor supports my position even more, user. Literally every single interaction with them is negative and They're close friend with Asgore who Toriel doesn't like.
Its way more likely that Toriel doesn't like Alphys and likely doesn't like Undyne either

>Chara is just evil Frisk

No character in Undertale is 100% evil/villainous

I just think your assumptions are loosely based. Like, do you really think Toby intended it to be interpreted that way?

>"You don't support my obvious head canon so you're shitposting"
>No actual evidence of her actually hating Alphys
>Still has audacity to shit on anyone who dares to claim his headcanon is wrong
I see your game lad.

Toriel-alphyne befriending fic when

Yes I actually do which is why he didn't have them interact with each other in the Q&A
Shut up, jelly. You're wrong

Attached: redacted.png (133x196, 35K)

or, the more likely reason: he forgot because it's hard to keep track of all of undertale's characters. Again, occam's razor.

>He thinks the q/a wasn't just toby shitposting because he was bored
Shut up Frick