Sea of Thieves General /sotg/

seaofthieves.com/

Sea of Thieves is an action-adventure video game developed by Rare and published by Microsoft Studios for Microsoft Windows (10 only) and Xbox One.

Sea of Thieves is cross-play compatible with Windows 10 and Xbox One, so you can play with people on both.

Need news about the game?
twitter.com/SeaOfThieves
Old thread: Looking to join a crew? discord.gg/hycfgZt

Attached: Untitled222.png (512x512, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hycfgZt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Searching the Seas...

>finally get into a match
>no one has mics

the game shouldn't even let you play public multiplayer if you don't have a mic plugged in and complete a voice check

maybe servers shit themselves again

Threadly reminder that most all of the posts complaining about content come from reddit.

Attached: jew.png (318x236, 113K)

#RegionLockGamePass

pc at least has text chat for no-mic plebs
t key

>actually having servers get overloaded on day 1
yeah, I know its financially more sensible to use the standard amount of servers rather than buying many servers for day 1 launch when the game will never see that player peak again but this is a fucking multimillion dollar company. Should make a better first impression with one of your only exclusive titles.

Cinnamonbeard general

It's working again!

S.S. Cinnamonbeard reporting in

Alternatively, they're all in their own party using party chat.

it's pretty obvious when it's just 3 silent people. Since they listen to order but can't do anything else by themselves

Searching the seas...

Attached: 7453535.jpg (528x396, 90K)

I feel like all of this would be much less embarrassing if they didn't have 2 betas and 2 scale tests in an attempt to prevent something like this.

Attached: 1499108812527.png (288x362, 153K)

i miss my days of neetdom when i had no issue wasting time on shit like this but it pains me on a fundamental level that i wasted 2 hours of my limited free time fucking with this shit.

LET ME IN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 96747637.jpg (599x675, 57K)

I just got past cinnamonbeard

Or at least it transitioned to a loading screen

S.S. Sea Searching

Should I use the xbox game pass trial to try the game out? How's the gameplay

nobody knows

games not for everyone but lots of us here are enjoying it especially with people off Veeky Forums

worth the trial in my opinion since its free, just remember to cancel the trial

Sauce?

need to play sso i can fix my ugly looking character with a decent hirt and hair, he lookss like a fag.

Got in finally, good luck guys

Kiniro Mosaic

My game is not in english, can I have the game switch it for me? I don't like to have to read riddle maps with non english riddles.

So, things like bananas, wooden planks, cannonballs, bananas, ammo etc

Those just spawn in with your ship and you don't have to pay gold for more of them?

not sure if this affects it

Attached: 2018-03-20_20-41-14.png (371x259, 26K)

Correct. You can find more on islands and in other players ships, also floating in barrels on the ocean (which is the leftovers from a shipwreck)

shekles plz

Attached: ApplicationFrameHost_2018-03-20_18-51-11.png (539x503, 458K)

Searching the Seas again.

Look, I really don't like feeling like a moron, so please work game.

>content is a relentless grind
>no griefing protection whatsoever
Why did they think this would do well?

I don't even know why I'm trying to connect at this point. its fruitless but I feel like I have to justify the 2+ hours ive already spent trying to connect. I'm a retard and going to bed. all my neet friends are going to play and get burnt out while I'm at work because LOLNOCONTENT and I'm sad.

Just like real life

So, if you lose your ship, it respawns on a random island and you have to go to the green smoke mermaid to get teleported to it?

Thats the one. You lose everything on the ship too, or well, it now floats in the water for others to easily grab

got in with my m8

Attached: 7846376585.jpg (640x755, 97K)

>Playable instruments are an accordion and a hurdy-gurdy
Where's my fiddle?

The people with mics have to be fucking 12 years old. 3 of us go on an island for treasure. The only guy without a mic raises anchor and crashes our boat. It had a fucking captains chest on it

is there a button to check who or anyone is in your fucking game other than typing and hoping someone responds?

Menu --> Crew

Last night games were easy to play since everyone was competent. Tonight it's unplayable in pubs since it's incredibly easy to ruin an entire game

this game is terrible for a supposedly AAA studio. It doesnt run that great considering its graphics, and the lack of UI ruins the supposed mmo.

does this have cross-platform play?

Attached: 76578_10151261912608060_2089771096_n.jpg (640x960, 70K)

when you try to play with other people, you get stuck on the looking for crew menu and cant even leave without resetting the game.

yes

Attached: 1493928803029.png (625x626, 38K)

Yes, there is cross-platform play between XB1 and W10.

Who would actually want to play a video game!?

Need more Galleon rooms in the discord. REEEEE

Why are the chicken coops I'm supposed to deliver empty?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

This. And we need to be able to actually get into the game.

You have to go get the chickens

Anyone want to form a crew? Discord LFG is a joke.

Why is it down?

just stole a guys boat and it immediately sank, pretty sure i didnt hit anything. is there a button to sink your boat or did he just ragequit and his boat got destroyed?

>no griefing protection
What kind of fag are you? Thats the best part

You can scuttle a boat from the menu.

So how long until first Pirate Legend? I wanna' know what's at the end

Attached: 05784252.png (250x250, 79K)

ah ok. I suppose his strat was to scuttle it and hope he could swim to it in time before his loot disappeared

Rare estimates that the first Pirate Legend won't be for at least a couple months.

As a Pirate Legend, you basically get exclusive access to a VIP lounge in a hidden cove where you can hang out with other legends and get the highest-ranked voyages in the game. The biggest legend among legends will also gain access to the one-of-a-kind ship in the back of the cove.

I estimate that the servers won't work for at least a couple of months.

i want storys , storys about u and ur friends because i like reading them whit pirate accent

Attached: i-want-pictures-of-spider-man-7-actors-who-could-be-the-new-j-jonah-jameson-883710.jpg (625x360, 42K)

>where you can hang out with other legends
If that's an actual fact and it's a chill lobby for legends, that'd be sweet

What's the max crew size?

>park ship
>check the hull
>no breaks
>go deliver shit
>heading back to ship
>orchestra kicks in
>can't use ladder
>ship just slides itself into the ocean

okay

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

Speed hackers already.
didn't take long.

Is ship customization a thing that will ever happen?
Does anyone remember that old Pirates of the Caribbean MMO Disney made back in the day? I'd like to see some sort of customization/progression like that.

Really?

Starting a Galleon need 2 more. Add TeutonNick and get in discord /Galleon 1/

>discord.gg/hycfgZt

I'M IN!

What are they planning on adding?

I bought the full game and I was hoping there would be way more stuff to do since the betas.

It's like they were trying to make a social game instead of a piracy game.

It's not even really piracy. It's pirates stealing from pirates. If there were merchant ships or something then that would make sense, but when was the last time you heard of a pirate catching chickens?

Need 1 more

Also I'm getting stomping lands vibes. Not that they will abandon it, but in stomping lands there was nothing to really do besides talk to people and capture people.

We have no idea yet

>check the hull
There is a spot on the upper decks, near the stern, that I never thought to check because it was WAY above the sea level but you can spring a leak up there and water gets in somehow. Lost a ship that way, and nearly would have again if not for noticing the water slowly accumulating below deck. Hunted around the whole upper deck, found that breach in a really bizarre place.

Or maybe some assholes sailed by and sent you some cannonballs while you were delivering cargo.

Is there no matchmaking in this? How do I join a random crew?

There is indeed matchmaking. Pick the size crew you want to join, and you'll get matched both to your own crew and your own server with five other ships.

>Get killed
>They take my ship
>Keeps spawn killing me as soon as I come in

How did they make a pvp game where you always have the same spawn spot?

You can scuttle your ship and restart elsewhere.

just finished my download
my gamertag is "a clubhouse guy"
send the invite and we will have fun

got 2 galleon crews in the discord, might be easier to find someone there

sword surfing

devs are talking about removing or keeping

Finally managed to get a coordinated 4 man, fuck this game is way more fun as a team.

I know what that is.
He was literally running around my crews ship at 5X speed and blunderbussing everyone

>crash
>whatever, it's a new game
>relaunch
>no way to rejoin the game I was in with my buddy

Pretty basic feature there, come on.

Attached: 1519218495264.png (476x477, 256K)

Literally just click on his tag and click join

>Hijacking some's raid chest at the outpost when they are meters away from handing it in.

I love this game
The sheer salt you get from people is amazing.

Attached: 745675325.jpg (750x581, 44K)

This might be the worst modern video game ever released, it just has amazing graphics, which are covering for it

It's truly incredible

>New dangers

Attached: POGGERS.png (112x112, 25K)

lmao, that sounds hilarious

'Playing this game is like going through the level 1-5 starting zone of an MMO, getting your rusty sword and single ability which you use to fight the same level 1 mobs over and over and do the 3 crappy fetch quests.

You get all excited to move on and progress into an exciting game filled with possibilities.

Then you find out that starting zone is the entire game.'

thoughts?

?

Is this confirmed? Also, is the legendary ship really only one ship? If only one player at a time has access to the legendary content that's kinda shit.

Which faction should I go for, does it even matter?

Yeah except you just start with the rusty sword. You don't even get it. You don't get anything. You get nothing. It's a pirate game without loot. What. The. Fuck.

You have to max out all factions

Look at the cosmetic progression for each one and see which you like the most. In the end, you need to level all 3 to 50 before you get get to the endgame.