pastebin.com/m7WgAifw

Old OP:
pastebin.com/whkD5Wmh

Planefu Mouse Cursors:
milairpix.com/avcursors.htm
cursors-4u.com/airplanes/

Tales from the /aceg/ AFB (WIP):
pastebin.com/jZHPR1Zi

Reminder to draw for the collage! Draw your planefu, put effort into it, and it will be added right in!
imgur.com/a/ghjcI
The only rules are:
>it must be black and white, no shading
>being bad at drawing is not an excuse
>it must fly from left to right
>you MUST have fun while drawing. It's the most important part!
Asking for advice is highly encouraged!

Because it bears repeating:
>HD Collection never (ever).
>Don't let it die, buddy.

Attached: Example of F-22 S-Ducts.jpg (1072x715, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=sHPcNI1WDug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for posting in a dead fucking thread.

Eternal best livery

Attached: CFA-44 Phoenix.png (3428x2326, 2.98M)

Attached: 1509108562924.png (1200x1546, 754K)

Post pictures of your planfus in squadrons.

Attached: 303d_Fighter_Squadron_-_A-10_Thunderbolts.jpg (1920x1275, 552K)

Every single one ever made in one squadron.

Attached: theyaretwinsthatswhy.jpg (3000x2499, 770K)

Ayyy

Attached: b3b.gif (500x411, 331K)

Newish guy from last thread here. I just finished 4 on hard and it lived up to every expectation I had. I crashed in the tunnels four times but I did manage to S rank nearly every mission. My only issue isn't even with the game itself but the low resolution and draw distance made some things harder than they really had to be. I'm looking forward to playing 5 and I guess I'll try my hand at a drawing for the collage.

One day, I'll fly one of these

Attached: 1519277409426.jpg (1280x730, 180K)

Welcome! Whats your planefu?

I said earlier the F-20 Tigershark

aww hell yeah

Attached: 48656835_p0.jpg (958x614, 227K)

Ah OK, didn't see that buddy.

Good to hear that, buddy! Glad you had fun with it!

Hats off to you, Buddy. And in 5 (and Zero should you play it) you'll even be able to fly the F-20!

Wicked

Still good stuff

I really need to draw one after the other Shin stuff I did. It's such a nice livery.

That I have to hold a lecture and an exam at uni in two weeks or so.

Yeah both work. The hypoxia one is perhaps a bit more relevant to the use of AI since the on board guys would be incapacitated but with the Glider you have some dialogue options with the flight crew. I suggest looking at the investigation shows for both of them.
>taking even more fun out of line flying
Rude
>time
No just been really tired the entire week and trying to remedy it. I do have a short lesson ahead of me Friday and flying early Saturday though.

Attached: 1518624466718.jpg (1200x750, 96K)

Yo when is 7 dropping been thinking of dusting off my ps2 older games were great

Night /aceg/. Don't get spiked.

No clue when 7 is coming out. The release date is more elusive than Belka winning a war.

What Tom said. But yeah playing through the PS2 ones or the others is a good idea.

No one knows, but we aren't worried.
What's your planefu?

Cool livery

Attached: 562015f435e2cf1e2d7fcc7922823a70.jpg (2048x1394, 193K)

Someone was allowed to have fun when they painted it for the programme.

F22

Patrician.

Attached: F-22-refuel-top.jpg (1024x681, 256K)

So, who else wants to draw? The more, the merrier!

Attached: 1518361511069.png (4250x2000, 2.26M)

What is the status of that F22 from a while ago? Not Tom's.
I think user said he wanted to work on it still but it has been a few weeks now.

Bump

>start reading Neuromancer
>look up the few terms I don't get
>learn about eastern superstitions regarding eyes
>as well as antique technology such as VTR
Pocket VTRs and other such things that in hindsight are oddities give older sci-fi works a certain charm. Still, the generation gap is widening, my memory only reaches back to the VHS.
What are you reading, buddies? Are there little things you enjoy for some reason, things you find quaint in a certain genre or period?

Still remember recording Star Wars on VHS, labelling it wrong and getting Emperor's New Groove on VHS for a birthday
>Reading
Still Yukikaze. In some ways it is fun to see how it predicts automation versus actual automation.
The autoland very early on for example. But none of it really is as jarring as the one you mentioned.

Man like half of cyberpunk is adorably quaint.
Especially when they talk out the details of their computer systems processor speeds and ram and stuff.
Cyberpunks absolute fab regardless fhough

I wish I could comprehensively pinpoint and note the little things that make that ambience so particular, retrofuturism always gives some nice flavour and character.
Maybe it's just due to me being a 21st century kid and not seeing the charm of my childhood days' tech or not really taking notice of the changes I've lived through. Such as smarphones and other perplexing gizmos.
>tfw you have VCR tapes recording your growth in video form instead of plain photos
That alone is fucking impressive for so many reasons, looking back.

Currently reading my Physics Course Book.
But what I really love in science fiction is programs not being stored on the computer itself, but on portable mediums, like tapes, floppies, discs etc.
I had a Victorian Sci-Fi setting (think something along the lines of The Roomthe puzzle game, not the movie) where there was space travel and the ship's computer could essentially only run one program at a time, so the programs were encoded into music and put onto phonographic records and the computer would then read out the music and perform the given actions. The computer control room essentially boiled down to a lounge (like most rooms on the spacecraft desu) which included a low tech jukebox, where you would select the program you wanted and the technician would then listen to a preview of the disc to check whether it's the right one (he memorized the soundtrack for each program) and then puts onto a table and let's it play, while having to occasionally stop the program to give the computer the required input. Other times, the program is too big to fit onto a single record, so he needs to have two running parallel to each other, stop one, maybe put it back to a certain position or advance it to another.

Tl;dr I made a setting with Victorian Computer Technician DJs in Space

I would play a campaign in this setting.
Hell yes

Fun if anything. Gonna second

Reminds me of the early cardboard-based computers of silk weaving machinery, but taken even further. I'm gonna third the motion and say it sounds great.

>Campaign
What system would I even use?

Are we gonna partecipate in the Veeky Forums League X Friendlies?
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_X_Friendlies

Genesys might work well if you want narrative rather than maximised crunch

I assume so, if Dog-chan, Formation user and Nemo are up to organizing the team again.

I love it. You've got some beautiful ideas, buddy.

Is there a reason not to?

I wish I could help you but I have no clue.

>S-Ducts Edition
>Su-57s need not apply
is this a joke from the games, someone explain pls

The Su-57 does not have S ducts despite boasting some stealth capabilities.
S duct is a term to describe air intake ducts that hide away the front of the jet engine, which reduces radar return quite a bit.
Here is one on a Falcon's central engine, which has nothing at all to do with stealth but it is a nice picture.

Attached: Dassault_Falcon_900EX,_Italy_-_Air_Force_JP6346097.jpg (1280x870, 757K)

S-Ducts are when you change the shape of a planes intake tunnels in an S-shape to hide the compressor fan from radar. The compressor produces a large radar return and can compromise a planes RCS if not dealt with. Look at the F-22 in the OP picture, which was developed with S-Ducts from the very beginning, then look at this pic of a T-50, which has no S-Ducts. The intake tunnels are straight, which exposes the compressor fan to radar. In pic related, the compressor fan can be seen clear as day.

The T-50/Su-57 has gotten a great deal of flak from this general and rightly so over the lack of what is, at this point, a pretty basic and obvious LO characteristic.

Attached: IMG_9777.jpg (710x532, 72K)

So do you think the Su-57 would be competitive with the F-22 if they fitted it with s ducts?

I've played Ace Combat 4, 5, Zero and X. Any other titles worth playing? I just want to point out that I don't own any working consoles so I can only emulate shit.

No. The Su-57 has a lot of not very stealthy things about it, despite being called a stealth fighter. S-ducts would certainly close the gap somewhat, but not enough to give me any doubt at all as to who would win in a real combat situation. The Su-57 doesn't really have angle alignment, no RAM, exposed rivets. the lack of S-Ducts, as addressed above, circular engine nozzles. The F-22 was optimized for all-aspect stealth, where as the Su-57 was only optimized for front aspect, so not nearly much emphasis has been placed on making the tail end of the plane stealthy as on the F-22.

Finally, and most importantly, it would help to have more than 10 flyable examples before the Russians start talking shit about how badass their dope new stealth fighter is. It might help to, I dunno, finish the plane and deploy it, but hey, that's just me.

Definitely take a look at the PS1 titles, they're all excellent. Play X2 if you're in the mood for a game made solely of memes.

X2 isn't the best there is and the final boss is kinda bullshit but it's fun overall and you can play it in coop with up to 3 other buddies.
Air Combat, Ace Combat 2 and 3 are also really good games and you should play them.
If you play the Japanese release of 3 be sure to pick the translated version.
6 is really fun but it's only available on Xbox 360 and emulation for it is kinda wonky at the moment, but seems like it's slowly improving.

>finish the plane and deploy it
You're mad

I'd go with the PSX ones next. I said it earlier I think, but X2 is also fun but also very hit and miss with people.

I'd also like to address the fact that the Su-57 doesn't have its own engines, it's fitted with ten year old bargain bin Su-35 engines which have been 'highly upgraded', until Lyulka finishes the Su-57s spiffy new engines sometime in 2019.
>mfw

Attached: pixy doubt 1.png (686x202, 204K)

Attached: 1512394867965.jpg (640x480, 50K)

>82 days until E3

Attached: 1518026787622.png (3840x1996, 2.23M)

Project Wingman paired with Bartolomeo Fortress is pretty comfy. youtube.com/watch?v=sHPcNI1WDug

Attached: 20180321140117_1.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

>[Case] watched her breathe, her breasts, the sweep of a flank defined with the functionnal elegance of a war plane's fuselage.
>getting attractiveness across to buddies 101
Also the lauded 3 MBs of RAM and network traffic map with a gig of data being a pixel is sweet.

What a wonderful description.
>3MB
Absurd

>tfw planelet who doesn't know what half of this stuff means

i'm s-sorry guys

Everyone has to start somewhere, don't worry. What's your planefu?

will /aceg/ be participating in the annual Veeky Forums cup this time?

Attached: goal.webm (960x540, 2.52M)

What do you need to know? I'm sure people are willing to help

Hopefully. It is always fun to watch.

welcome aboard

Attached: raptor.jpg (848x1200, 415K)

>9

Attached: 1499161185023.jpg (1525x2048, 119K)

I need more of these.

Attached: 1498596244357.jpg (690x960, 35K)

Attached: J-20 Poncho.jpg (1024x1024, 90K)

Attached: 1513473260424.jpg (863x1200, 55K)

Attached: 1499162348447.jpg (1451x2048, 146K)

Attached: A-10 Hoodie.jpg (850x1200, 55K)

Hey guys I'm new to this general. I've played the ps2 ace combats and I loved them. They gave me am autistic love for fighter aircraft. I was wondering if I should buy a 360 to play 6?

Welcome buddy!
>They gave me am autistic love for fighter aircraft.
Join the club.
IMO 6 is a really fuckin fantastic game, and if you can get a good deal on a cheap 360, then I'd say yeah go for it.

What's your planefu?

6 is definitely a great game and the Emulator's not really up to the task, so you might have to consider buying a 360. But 6 is not a part of the 4-5-Zero storyline, but a bit secluded.
Look in the Mega, you can find other games to emulate if you need to scratch that itch.

Also what's your planefu?

Welcome. Post your planefu
>360
If you can find a cheap one, sure.
6 has great gameplay, looks fantastic even today and there are some fun missions. However plane selection is extremely limited and the story is not as good as the ps2 ones.
I also recommend playing the PSP ones, X especially, since it is close to the ps2 ones.
Also check out the PSX ones.
Emulation guides are in the OP.

I'd argue that it's worth it if you find some other 360 games to play or a very good deal, otherwise I'd wait for emulation to get up to speed.
You can still play the PSX trilogy and the portable "trilogy", those being the PSP ones and the 3DS entry.

Attached: J-35 Poncho Royal.jpg (863x1200, 46K)

Attached: F-14 Afterburner Poncho.jpg (863x1200, 57K)

Well looks like I'm picking up a 360. I'll emulate the psp games as well.
My planefu is the F-15E

>F-15E

Attached: 2122390490-stalker.jpg (368x356, 64K)

>F-15E

Top Tier Taste!

Attached: Hi Brady!.jpg (3300x2550, 992K)

Good man

Attached: 1510006938404.jpg (4095x2725, 2.41M)

What are your planefus?

Someone have the reverse chart?

Attached: 1518816393807.png (1824x663, 213K)

Patrician.

Attached: F-15E ground.jpg (1280x852, 201K)

Then AC6 is right up your alley, because protagonist canon plane is F-15E.

Attached: AC6Ulysses.jpg (2000x1350, 880K)

Su-30SM.

Attached: Su-30SM 'Flanker-C' (38).jpg (1500x844, 41K)

XF2R Dark Shark

Attached: XF2R Overview (BW).jpg (700x293, 27K)

Now I have a decent reason to post this Mudhen cutaway I found the other day

Attached: A13joM3JqJL (1).jpg (2560x1591, 1.3M)

>protagonist canon plane is F-15E.
Fuck now I NEED to play it

Attached: tumblr_inline_ot80mnliAR1tjpj9m_400.jpg (384x370, 65K)

Tiffy. I love it.

Attached: Eurofighter Typhoon turn.jpg (3456x2592, 318K)

Piaggio P7

Attached: 18.jpg (946x621, 185K)

>The absolute loadout on that thing
Oh lawdy

Attached: 1519933291901.jpg (480x542, 56K)

Here's a shot of the Mudhen's cockpit in 6.

6 is great because it zooms out in the cockpit more than the PS2 titles, so you can see more of your instruments.

Also the blind flying instruments are functional.

Attached: F-15E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.24M)

Plenty of patrician taste in this general.
>implying posting it isn't a good enough reason in itself

Attached: Su-33 a cute.jpg (1500x1013, 245K)

That's awesome!
Why are jets so damn cool!

>jets
Planes
Because it is amazing that something as simple as a tube with some wings attached to it can make you fly. Because it is amazing to see the world from above.

You tell me, buddy.

Attached: F-15E Front.jpg (2400x1597, 980K)

in awe at the size of this lad. absolute unit
B-36

Attached: 1499561040038.jpg (1920x1293, 870K)

I think mine's pretty obvious. Though now I realize I need that mug IRL.

Attached: just drinking coffee.png (1092x1344, 258K)

Attached: A-10 experimental winter.jpg (1024x875, 43K)

I'm quite sure that you could order mugs with custom decals somewhere.

For sure. We got some beer glasses for our graduation like that.