Question for Landlords

How do I hide the fact that I'm living with someone from their landlord? What do landlords on this board look for when looking for undeclared tenants rather than guests?
Most of my stuff is already put away or out of sight, but I'm still not sure it's good enough. The landlord doesn't watch the unit and my car isn't in the lot, so being seen going in and out isn't a concern unless neighbors are asked I guess.

Bump for visibility over coins.

toothbrushes. often they will sit in a property's street in a vehicle on stakeout and observe comings and goings.

if they are suspicious already nothing will save you. they will find you, they will mind you, and they will shined you.

Nah, this is a property management company with hundreds of properties in the city.

If the place is clean, no damage, rent is paid and there are no complaints then no one cares.
They'll only dig if you're a pain in the ass and they need an excuse to kick you out

I'm mostly concerned with them coming in to do maintenance or something while the friend is gone. I figure I could say I'm "apartment sitting" for them, but only if the apartment suggests that's a plausible scenario.

>Jimbo's not here

repeat that practice in the mirror

if you want to get creative make some snorting noises and scratch your balls

Don't expect to be caught. Even if you are somehow they might ask for $50 bucks extra rent if you're gonna be living there.

t. someone who manages 120 units

The lease makes it seem like they care about this sort of thing, though. It doesn't list anything about how long or how many days a guest can stay before being considered a tenant, only that "the unit is to be inhabited and occupied ONLY by the lessee." Is that just to cover their ass in courts or allow them to evict undeclared tenants without a notice? I don't think they can even do that if the person had been there for a few months.

don't worry about it at all my dude.

unless there is a roommate that will complain/report you then do not worry

I manage 12 properties of my own. There's really no way of me finding out. I do look at my tenants Facebook pages from time to time ... might want to think about that.

Going off of what the other guy said then, even if you found out, would you care if the undeclared tenant was basically invisible until you looked and there were no complaints? How much more would you charge? From what I've read the people that manage this property won't let people sign leases together unless they're married, and they double the rent regardless of the property size if a married couple wants to move in. The company pays for water.

Isn't there a "legal limit" that a guest can stay with you per month that doesn't require them to be a tenant? I think here it's like 14 days or something and even besides that, they'd basically have to prove you're living there.

Seems like too much of a hassle unless you're causing issues.

I don't know. I wouldn't even know where to look for that.

nocoinz bump

none of this matters assuming the guy your living with is your friend

hide your shit and put everything you use away
dont talk to your neighbours
dont cause any trouble such as weird cooking smells, loud noises, or cigs/weed inside the place
try to be in the house the same time as your roommate so you have a alibi of just hanging out

if you get caught alone by the landlord either pretend your gays and you are just leaving or hanging around to get something you forgot last time you hung around

Pretending to be gay wouldn't matter.

As long as the utilities are not part of the rent(no additional cost for the landlord) just be a good tenant. Pay on time, keep the place clean, etc.

Out of sight out of mind.

Water is part of the rent.

then do what you want

try not to take long showers or run up the electric bill (will that help?) i guess
dont try to bring girls over often
maybe enter/leave apartment at different times?

Like I said I'm not too concerned with anything outside the apartment. It's mostly inside that I'm worried about. If maintenance came in and saw my toothbrush while I was hiding or something like that.

maintenance isn't going to fucking care, and a toothbrush means shit, my GF keeps a toothbrush at my place, but almost never stays over more than once a week

>Maintenance isn't going to care
Why wouldn't they? They work for the company and I'm sure they're told to report things. What if an actual property manager is in the building and goes around checking water pressure?

I wouldn't care unless you fucked the property up with your stupid dogs/weed addled misuse of systems (plumbing/electrical).
Why not just be put on the lease?

Going to be homeless soon and it's either this for awhile while I save for car repairs and a security deposit, or the streets.

does that mean you pay, or they pay for water/electric/gas

either way,
If they are looking for people to boot, they'll just look at utilities. Remember they have access to the meters too.

secondarily, they don't care about toothbrushes. If you're a rumored problem or someone has narc'ed you you're fucked or if it's a high demand property, ie: tons of people dying to pay more to be in your place, you're fucked.

Otherwise, they're not going to autistically just inspect and look for signs of someone living there unless someone really complains.

T. landlord.

It means my friend doesn't receive a water bill, they just pay for rent and electricity.
It is a fairly high demand property. Pretty sure no one knows I'm here, not even the neighbor units.
Like I said, mostly I'm just paranoid that they'll see something I didn't know they'd notice and assume I'm staying there.

Stop freeloading and pay your rent.

What it comes down to is the car. If the landlord constantly sees another car there they are gonna know something is up.

A 2nd person really does not impact the property much it's more just another excuse for a landlord to increase rent.

If there is no 2nd car, there is no way to prove the 2nd person is there permanently. The 2nd person can just be a guest.

So without the car I would not let the landlord give the renter any shit about it. Uptight landlords can get fucked.

I've rented like 6 times in my life. Most landlord were awesome. One was total shit and ended up suing me. Steer clear of bad landlords like the plague.