For Honor /fhg/

Fashionably late

Old thred

>Season 5 Info
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318091-16/season-five-announced-dedicated-servers-and-hero-updates-coming

>Season 5 Gear
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308763971748626433/415620805276467210/Apollyon_Event_Gears.pdf

>For Honor v1.19 Patch Notes
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318557-16/patch-notes-v119

>New players:
>If you plan on using a controller, it is highly recommended you go into your settings and shrink the dead zone
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Things that were changed since launch
pastebin.com/JVAxhAPY

>Multiple hero video guides (outdated, ask your fellow anons)
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear Stat Help
i.imgur.com/7HPdL9B.jpg

>Gear appearances
forfashion.draghmar.pl

>Max Punish Guide
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wK-38XMvSakPMEk2rx8KjAzQFF5MJt_c7XMxNidYVfc/htmlview

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectables:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864166443

Attached: MuhwardensTake2.png (2374x1080, 2.4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Bz66Heq
youtu.be/9kX0rLwTkXU
youtu.be/C6tP6sS3dm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GDC conference this Thursday!!!

Use this gen, it was made earlier compared to other. Even if it was done by split second.
Also sorry, previous OP here. I slept too long and couldn't make gen in time myself.

I heard Roman is gonna drag Cleanprincegaming on stage and MURDER him

xth for >LOWER than your Enemy

Attached: lmao.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

>a hero whose base chip damage is doubled (36%)
>has parry counters that temporarily increase it even moreso. how much it increases by depends on whether it's punishing a heavy parry (+7%) or a light parry (+14%)
>trade off is damage guarantees off parries are shit, can only get 500ms attacks off heavy parries and 600ms attacks off light parries
y/n

So is Nobushi's dodge attack not actually a DODGE attack? I keep getting hit.

It is a dodge and an attack. It all comes down to your timing on both steps.

The only thing that actually gets me mad at this game is when I have off days, and for some reason my off days are when I'm against the cockiest shitter.

>lol rekt get bodied gg ez mad cuz bad

fuck off nigger I'm just not feeling it tonight, if it was any other day I would have parried your fucking zone like I have countless times before. I can't be at 100% peak every fucking day.

You have to understand that unlike every other dodge attack in the game, Nobushi's dodge attacks - both her light and heavy - don't naturally carry you as far as other dodge attacks. Look at the three vanilla assassins, or even Kensei, and see how far the actual attack portion of their dodge attack carries them. Nobushi doesn't have that, as her dash attacks basically stop her on a dime instead of carry her anywhere. You have to consciously use your vanilla dodge to actually dodge the attack, then use the dodge attack itself.

Attached: 1520968291171.jpg (808x832, 131K)

I know that feeling. The worst is always some shithead playing some character they insist is actually fair or even weak and it's all their skill.
And it's always a fucking Zerker or PK.

tl;dr - Use Nobushi's dodge attacks late in the dodge if you want to actually, y'know, dodge an attack.

Attached: 1521131578978.jpg (864x1080, 115K)

>tfw already want to quit this game after getting another high level match
Another 0-3, another dude that just straight up spams and emotes around. This is depressing as fuck.

Attached: 1502457097297.jpg (738x469, 30K)

I wanna try a controller for this game, just wanna check if it's better for me
which controller works best for the PC version?

Attached: MAMMA MIA DATS A SPAI-SEE MEETBALL.webm (1024x576, 2.57M)

discord.gg/Bz66Heq

>trying to learn the game in duel mode
you're making a mistake. most of the average players are in dominion, where you'll have a chance to actually play, win some fights, and improve instead of just getting curb stomped by some duel tryhard.

if you don't know anything about how to play, consider playing through the campaign once, it gives you a fair amount of steel, teaches you the fundamentals, and gives you an opportunity to play the entire base game cast.
I use an xbox one controller, it's what I'd recommend because it's really a great controller and has native support on windows.

Attached: ganking is against the LAW.webm (1280x800, 2.98M)

Rate my conquerino

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 11.34.41 PM.png (814x1274, 1.16M)

Cool thanks.

Considering how shit Righteous Deflection is now, how good will it be if it instead increased attack.

>Considering how shit Righteous Deflection is now
did they nerf it? I was unaware.

>fighting some guy in duel
>can't even tech neutral GBs
Well that was a weird match.

It used to have 10 second uptime, and it's could be refreshed to 10 second again if you parried.
Now, I think it has 3 second uptime with 5 second cooldown just like Deadly, or Thick Skin.

that's a pretty drastic change. I may change it now

>you're making a mistake. most of the average players are in dominion, where you'll have a chance to actually play, win some fights, and improve instead of just getting curb stomped by some duel tryhard.
The thing is, I cannot focus properly in Dominion.
It's a shit fest. The shittiest quality games (not even high level shit tops it) because it's either 2 Shamans, people ganking, 1v3's when trying to defend while the team is just doing idle fight shit or your Warden vs their new heroes, high rep and all that.
I cannot focus with all the chaos going on. I can't respond to a swing without 3 monkeys going at it.

Most of passives were nerfed real hard, by giving them,"Only activates on hit, for 3 seconds with 5 second cooldown." that's why not many people run with Deadly, Fleshwound, Thick Skin or passives in general. There are other better tier 2 feats.

Too much going on simplify it

lol.

Attached: whoa....png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

that isn't so bad besides the game giving your team 2 bots.

With luck that just means there are two people joining your team that just didn't make it before the game loaded. Good luck.

In my experience playing PvP dominion as a new starter edition on a new account just to see how it was, lads are always getting matched up with people of their own level on their team (usually one other) and bots, and then they fight people 30-50+ rep every time.

Starter edition is total trash. The campaign bug doesn't help either so you can't even rush for that 5k bonus steel.

hmm

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 2.07M)

oh god why did it put that lawman into that game?

Attached: AD MORTEM.png (901x1128, 716K)

since lawtards gonna lawtard

what the fuck

Attached: 130123923.png (350x350, 233K)

youtu.be/9kX0rLwTkXU

>Reminder that lag compensation will arrive soon
>Reminder it will actually make the game worse.

Anyone remember pre-timesnap for honor, the leading cause of the turtle meta being the fundemental issue that attacking is worse than defending, the lag speeding up attacks is the one thing that allows people to attack right now, but with lag compensation restored parrying everything will become easy as piss.

To put it in comparison parrying the PK zone will become as easy as parrying Wardens top light right now.

>come back to the game after not playing for a while
>cent throws me against a wall
>survive
huh that's nice

Attached: 1509385921747.jpg (1280x1011, 161K)

>Really?!? /4HG/
WHO ARE WE!?!?

Attached: WhichFuckingThreadAreWe!!.png (1080x1764, 920K)

you won't see any change in your attacks being countered if you have decent internet. there's no excuse for some laggy fuck to be landing free attacks simply because of his latency.
>b-but people might turtle more
I'll take it over dealing with laggy assassin players. do you remember how bad it was after they removed timesnap but before they implemented servers?

*blocks your path*

Attached: wew.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

me and my buddy had a game like this the other day, it felt like we were killing younglings. they really need to fix the matchmaking in this game before all the starter editioners get scared off.

Attached: open heart surgery.jpg (1920x1200, 985K)

Why does Berserker's top heavy tracks.
Is it even possible to dodge it after parry/feint timing has been passed?

>Vikings spend 2 weeks utterly dominating
>round 3
>flipped down to 10 territories in 2 days
R I G G E D
I
G
G
E
D

Cent... Had a hard life...

>wastes OP pic space for his own shitty fashion
What a fucking attention whore. Never do this, lads.

Attached: 1475519324804.jpg (191x200, 6K)

In his defense we let the last thread die.

Whenever this happens to me I start just sorta fucking around. Throwing raw heavies, letting a couple of hits go through, that sorta thing.

>weebs have a million points in their favor in every territory at varying points despite having that much land, and doing so poorly before

Obligatory Jeannu

Attached: 1520968936240.jpg (1600x1200, 1.56M)

Guys, the Samurai territory is almost bordering both enemy strongholds at the same time.

Has a faction pulled that off before?

Well, it was nice while it was rigged in the kangs' favor.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious last season and the first two rounds of this one were honest results, but now the devs are back to their usual thing. Honestly, I think it's better that way after all. Fuck kangz.

Attached: 358e_jsnjYo.jpg (700x768, 100K)

You mean 'have the devs programmed that to happen before?'?

There is an explanation for this that makes sense. If a bunch of shitters jumped on the Vikings bandwagon, that could explain why they're so impotent now. Those people obviously wouldn't be aware that they forfeit any season rewards by doing that.

Unless literally every shitter in the game (70% of the playerbase) jumped to vikings and THEN proceeded to pour their resources into a vikings-equivalent vultcano, I do not see how this could be the case.

More like
>Devs pets faction getting free wins despite being full of turncoats and shit players
>Loses the faction rush order
>Devs then give us a Fearless Warrior order every other week to console the manchildren
>Despite the blatant bias, Knights and Samurai both got tired of their shit and start giving a shit about the faction war
>Vikings currently getting rawdogged from both sides, Devs in a panic, their precious babies are losing
>More Fearless Warrior orders

Attached: 1512345880597.jpg (633x543, 64K)

>Fearless Orders 6 times straight
>Allied Orders 5 times straight.
Christ.

>nobody playing 4v4 elimination
literally the most fun mode

>leveled roach almost to rep 5
>realize I unlocked Shinobi with season pass today
>try him out in practice mode
I should've bought him sooner.
>tfw 1/3 of my preferred heroes are Samurai
>tfw roach is bad

Attached: 1377060525428.jpg (464x334, 105K)

I'm a Knight, and my top four characters are Kensei, Nobushi, Aramusha and Highlander. How do you think I feel?

>Lawmain
>went on to get cent to rep 8 for the gearing
>was going to move on everyone else that has a rep in them
>tfw autism will force me to play another three reps of roach
God kill me now. I just wanted to play a samurai character who didn't use a fuckoff huge katana

Attached: file.png (641x600, 589K)

>get two of that order from keeping a leftover one active
>still can't be assed to invite one of my 4 honor friends to a single game
lmao

>start giving a shit about the faction war
What's the difference between giving a shit and not giving a shit about the faction war?
You contribute to it all the same no matter what.

Giving a shit means depositing your assets in the spots were it matters the most. Not giving a shit means letting them deploy automatically. While it's true that you're always contributing, having assets go towards a place they're not needed will absolutely have a negative impact, as seen with the Volcano.

Who do I go full autism mode on next?

Also judge the kind of player I am

Attached: I'mFuckingAutistic.png (550x510, 520K)

>Peacekeeper main

Not autistic, just retarded.

I haven't actually touched PK since season 3, if that counts for anything

Attached: Spaggot.png (452x335, 430K)

Damn, how'd you get your game to look so crisp and vivid? I have all settings on max and I can't get this look.

Have you tried playing with some of us?
Baaa~

Attached: 262672029915336.png (747x879, 654K)

>*collapses in Latin*

explain to me how it's possible for the historically worst performing faction to just fucking dominate the entire map all of a sudden, while the previous curbstompers are almost down to single digit territories

How the FUCK do I spin after dodge with Highlander. I can't get it down with the controller

Vultcano

vultcano is not a thing anymore

Because it's samurais turn to win.
It'll be handwaved as, "Oh everyon switched to vikings, and Knights started to push Vikings too, samurai capatilized on this :)"

Move your guard to the left or right stance and then tap R2 again. If you do this as soon as possible you get instant hyper armor, but it makes you very easy to parry. Wait until the last possible second to do the soft-feint if you intend to follow through with it. Sometimes it's best to just let a raw celtic curse fly, people don't usually expect that. And of course, remember that you can cancel it entirely and fast flow into offensive stance by holding R2.

>tap R2
robots are not for sexual.

Attached: 1503353166505.jpg (708x1000, 315K)

Thanks!

That was his point. That it's not a thing anymore.

Doesn't explain why the weebs are now dominating where before they were even with knights.
They should still be equal.

What the fuck happened? Why are the Samurai so far ahead? I took like a week break

I'm getting flashbacks here

Attached: Kensei Strikes Back.png (432x533, 71K)

why whould you post something like this user

because it's unironically rigged
the only way for kangz to be so far behind would be for weebs and kniggers to ignore each other completely and run them out of the map, which is virtually impossible with all the people throwing random assets around
plus it doesn't explain how samurais are so far ahead compared to knights too

Why do people care about the meme war when stuff never matters or lasts until the last day

Is there a guide for understanding faction wars? i never touched thhem

Why am I seeing so many Orochi's in duel today.
Granted, all of those duels were actually fun because everything was laggy and everyone was throwing out lights/heavies without feinting.

Also how do I fight off a Kensei. Apparently, like warden, I guess I'm not allowed to do top attacks against him, because he just dashes forward into-gb and I cannot do anything heavy feint-light means he gets superior block gb, if I let heavy go, he gets gb, if I feint it to gb he techs me.
What do?

Attached: PlaceWhereWeebsBelong.webm (1146x516, 2.9M)

OHNONONO THE CHINESE WILL BUY AND KILL UBISOFT

>he doesn't want free shit

I fucking love that webm, did you make it?

They only have and only want 5% nigga
But it CONFIRMS chinese heroes for S7

Is Cent's charged R2 after a wall throw still guaranteed? I've gotten it blocked at least twice today.

Launching executions are the best, realism be damned.

Attached: remove PK.webm (853x480, 2.76M)

Yes it is, you probably waited too long or something

damn son, that color palette and pattern are tight
which are those?

youtu.be/C6tP6sS3dm8

Attached: maxresdefault (23).jpg (1920x1080, 271K)

Yes.

I do wish they'd release the one for Centurion soon.

It's baffling Centurion doesn't have one already as the premier slap your shit hero.

I too want to show off my flexibility.

Attached: ahem.jpg (1096x892, 213K)

Dominion is cancer and anybody who enjoys it is retarded, prove me wrong.

dominion is enjoyable when the teams aren't laughably unbalanced
and without the everpresent roach who spends the entire game boosting the point next to your spawn