*Record Scratch*

*Record Scratch*

*Freeze Frame*

Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0I71VX5RyGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

so Holy
so Roman
so Empire

>"Well, let me tell you, it's a looooooong story"

>we used to move around a lot

what prompted the german kingdoms to begin attacking roman territories during this period?

They wanted to get the THICC roman women.

that sounds like bullshit, but i believe it

>german kingdoms

>be playing EU4 as Morocco
>conquer Spain and France
>quit game when faced with that clusterfuck

I'm going to need photographic evidence.

People like to argue the Huns, but this is too simplistic. Really it was the slow loss of prestige of Rome from the mid-4th century as a group of Goths managed to get privileged status as foederati within the empire, which then snowballed as more groups wanted to get similar privileges. It was less "attacking the empire" and more "we can extort the empire now". Tribal leaders wanted army positions, which meant grain supplies, prestige and wealth.

>kingdoms

LOL

Also, they were always fucking attacking. German raids on the Rhine-Danube frontier were commonplace and many emperors like Marcus Aurelius spent almost all of their reign in Germania fighting off the hordes as a result. You have Gaius Marius taking on the Teutons and the Cimbri during the late 2nd century BCE in Gaul.

They were constantly at this shit. They just got better at it over the centuries whilst Rome stagnated or got worse.

>German

No, I just see that you have come back with a shitty meme expecting us to have forgotten about how shitty your memes and threads are.

*Record Scratch*

*Freeze Frame*

*Record Scratch*

*Freeze Frame*

Holiness

Looks actually quite exciting to me. This is what I'd imagine a medieval setting to be like. Lots of smaller factions plotting against each other, all kinds of minor conflicts and political scheming, rich free cities where commoners can rise to the top of society, I wonder why people don't like this. I find the HRE to be the most interesting medieval state (or state construct).

But first of all...

youtube.com/watch?v=0I71VX5RyGA

What prompts the muslims to invade europe? Europe is weak and crumbling just like rome was back then so they see it ripe for the taking just like the germanic tribes did back then with rome

huns were raping the germanic homelands and western rome was weak

>and our neighbor was a dick

It's pretty hard to explain, so we'll have to go back a bit...

Whoa! Not that far back!

Anyone know any good books on the history/culture of the Alps?