twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there isn't one

BUY BUY BUY

>ONE GOOD REASON

market doesn't respond to reason
fundamentally eth is the best crypto right now
if the market will realize this is up for questioning

never had any of these, please tell me how much and how quick transactions take

The only real use of crypto at the moment is blackmarket transactions. And there is no reason for them to switch to ETH at the moment.

Ethereum is being manipulated an unprecedented amount right now by whales. It's being artifically kept down so they can load up on the cheap while newbies panic sell and attempt to trade like them. They know this is the real deal and is going to be many magnitudes of what it is right now and they're doing all they can to increase their wallet size. There's plenty of proof of this occurring. Huge sell orders suddenly appear at peaks, price crashes $5 and they load up on people panic selling. Look at the chart of any exchange and you'll see this is rife.

I have no doubt this is going to sky rocket to $150 within 2 weeks. They know it too and that's why they're stocking up.

Buy.

Transactions are lightning fast unlike bitcoin because of the compressed blockchain tech. 10 confirmations in the blockchain take about 3.5 seconds. I've been trading crypto since 2008 and I can tell you that ETH is the next crypto for the spotlight. User friendly, simple and lightning fast it will probably surpass Bitcoin's price of $1750 by the end of June.
Very reliable and will hold it's value as well.

Im from new zealand whats the best way to purchase eth!!! been looking and places and most look dodge or will try rip me off help a noob out that wants to make easy money

Transactions are fast as heck. Like, under 5 min....under 2 min sometimes

Wow I hope you're right especially if eth deserves to be at the top as you say!

Also keep in mind that Raiden MVP is 85% developed, way ahead of Lightning.
It should be complete in the next couple of months (we want them to take their time and do it properly though).
Raiden will mean transactions will be confirmed INSTANTLY, at a price 7 orders of magnitude lower than it currently is.

>I have no doubt this is going to sky rocket to $150 within 2 weeks

thing is that's like 60%, which over 14 days isn't much for crypto

I'm just happy holding, don't have any more money to put in, and it would fuck up my average cost a lot

can buy from exchanges like poloniex, kraken or coinbase but they're slow, and very low limits on how much you can purchase

might be best to buy bitcoins off localbitcoins and then convert them on an exchange

>thing is that's like 60%, which over 14 days isn't much for crypto
For a crypto of ETH's size that will stabilise at that price that is a hell of a lot. And as I said, it's been suppressed a shit load right now by whales. It should have reached that weeks ago. It's also only just the beginning. $1000 by EOY.

An organic increase by 60% is significantly better than an artificial pump by 100%

autismo man nerd raged and rolled back transaction after he found a hack.

Literally a whole network at the mercy of a autistic righteous freak.

>Literally a whole network at the mercy of a autistic righteous freak
Close to 100% of miners agreed to it so please shut the fuck up and go wait for your bitcoin transaction.

It's called survival of the fittest.

Not to mention he begged all exchanges to halt trading to prevent dumps.

Nice centralized scamcoin.

Sage all non Bitcoin threads, clean up this board

>Claims to be true decentralized currency

Rolls back the entire network because muh perfection. Desu, you're literally trusting thousands with a guy who can't even keep true to the very principle of the coin.
Why are all you ETH fags so touchy about the roll back which proves the coin isn't decentralized, still salty you're being replaced by the ripple user?

>It's also only just the beginning. $1000 by EOY.
do you really think eth will have a market cap of 100 billion in 7 months?

I could see it happening in an optimal situation in a few years when ETH is established and companies actually use it.

I'd love for it to be that high, but sharding and pos aren't proven. Increased interest and price should help the foundation reach that.

Hopefully there's more going on behind the scenes that gets announced soon.

bitcucks getting nervous

This scamcoin was supposed to be decentralized, but yet autism man gets upset he was shown up by a hacker and re-rolls the network.

bitcoin was exploited early on and there was a hard fork to fix it

there is a difference that the flaw was with a contract, but bitcoin can't claim to be immutable

holy shit you're actually retarded
not even the most diehard bitcoin faggots are shilling this bullshit

>if a president wants to create a law and 999,999 people out of 1,000,000 agree then the president is acting as a dictator!1!!!

your logic is ass, you're just butthurt because bitcoin will never gain close to 100% miner consensus to change ANYTHING. In 2 years you'll be stuck with your old clunky shitcoin asking yourself why you didn't buy ETH.

I think a very realistic, conservative estimate would be at least $350 by the end of the year. It's just that Ethereum has outperformed everyone's expectations repeatedly. No one predicted it to be worth what it is at this point. $100 was once a very optimistic estimate for the end of 2017 and we hit that target 8 months early.

MFW I'm in favor of BTC remaining as 1mb block size. BTC will be the bank bonds of the digital currency, while ETH will probably most likely succumb to XRP's recent success

>ETH shills sweating as XRP encroaches onto their volume.

There's you're one reason why ETH won't obliterate BTC, and another is normies won't get behind autismo man 2.0 with their hard earnbed wagie cash, when BTC is already established. BTC isn't meant to be treated as a means to buy your morning coffee user. It's only when compared to a currency for mundane purchases that BTC seems sluggish.

Don't have too much money to play around with, but I think I'm going to put another $200 into this before it skyrockets

The reason why BTC has been pumping for the past week is because the corporations in the EEA can't buy ETH until after the announcement. They know they can't flood the market with a ton of Fiat but what they can do is hedge and buy BTC first.

>I work with a company on the EEA

>when BTC is already established
Ask a normie what they think about when they hear "bitcoin" and they'll say drugs, criminals and money laundering. You're deluded if you think Bitcoin will be the bank bonds of digital currency or "digital gold". No normie is going to invest seriously in Bitcoin.

As for Ripple, find anyone in the Ethereum community that really gives a shit. They aren't in competition. Ripple has nothing going for it and 65% is owned by the devs. It's not even a cryptocurrency. Didn't the creator run away from the project and said it failed?

>BTC isn't meant to be treated as a means to buy your morning coffee user
Except that was literally its intention and its only potential use case even if confirmations start taking less than 2 days. Ethereum's intention wasn't and won't ever be that. Ethereum's potential is limitless and has an infinite number of use cases.

Don't convert to Ethereum if you don't want to, one more neet buying a handful of it isn't going to make a single bit of difference. I'm not talking to you to help pump the price because obviously no one on here has enough money to do that. I'm talking to you because us neets on Veeky Forums are in this together. I highly recommend converting, but if you don't want to then idgaf.

Good call user. Consider an Ethereum asset like Golem or Augur, though. Smaller market caps and they're tied to ETH which means on an ETH pump, they're likely to increase more.

Oh wow I hadn't considered that. That's pretty significant if true. So we're looking at a Bitcoin dump quite soon?

Oh how I want this to be true!

I WANT TO BELIEVE

I want to hear more of what you have to say, about any topic really. I enjoy the way you come across. 10/10 would take advice from

it's just a big marketing machine, 90% of the features their 'platform' provide will never be used for anything

for currency, they have a slightly better technology than bitcoin, but so did litecoin (harder to asic mining algorithm) and doge (same), and darkcoin/dash (harder-to-trace transactions, was supposed to take over the blackmarket part but it's still dominated by bitcoin)

it has 1 very important thing in common with LTC and doge, and that is that for a long period of time its mining had (probs still has) the biggest payout. these coins ATH soon after that part, then people start dumping and they never ATH again.

Soon a better cryptocurrency, bringing all of ethereum's strengths and leaving behind its baggage appears, it becomes the most profitable altcoin to mine, then ethereum becomes litecoin 3.0

>Soon a better cryptocurrency
Don't you get it user? Ethereum IS that better currency. This is it. Bitcoin laid the groundwork, for which I will always have immense respsect, but Ethereum is right here right now and ready to take over. It isn't a cheap knock off like Litecoin was (LTC is objectively better now, but too late), it's a completely new crypto developed from the ground up. Its technology isn't just slightly better, it's overwhelmingly superior.

>90% of the features their 'platform' provide will never be used for anything
With all due respect, I think it's 10 years too soon to start making calls like that.

The 90s was the era of the Personal Computer, the 00s was the era of the World Wide Web, the 10s is the era of the Smartphone and the 20s will be the era of the Blockchain. Ethereum is going to lead that charge just as Dell, Google and Apple led their respective eras.

I need your advice anons.

So currently I'm a /nocoiner/ but I seriously want to get into ETH.

I've heard that from the 18th - 26th different cryptoconferences will be held in Mumbai, NYC, moscow ect.

Will this raise the value??

Is it worth buying now, while the eth is stagnating at a relatively low value?

Kraken is taking their goddamn time verifying me to tier 1, so the only other option i have is buying from a place that doesn't sell cheap.

What do Veeky Forums?

>it's just a big marketing machine
a result of a breakthrough and a streamlined technology. i'll take it

>90% of the features their 'platform' provide will never be used for anything

which features do you mean

>ATH
eth will go much higher than the last ATH, and you know it well

>Soon a better cryptocurrency, bringing all of ethereum's strengths and leaving behind its baggage appears

very, very likely. but it has to be somewhat 'revolutionary' because we are talking adoption as much as improvements, and ETH is gaining lighting fast traction there

> it's 10 years too soon to start making calls like that.
>the 20s will be the era of the Blockchain.

lol...

>LTC is objectively better now, but too late
LTC was always 'better' in every sense Ethereum is 'better'. It's a more advanced technology because it built on something already tried.

>Ethereum IS that better currency.

Everything can and will be improved. There will come something better than Ethereum especially because it's so clearly already full of baggage, but i won't try to argue about that part.
But even if it weren't full of useless features, a new platform built from a fresh start after observing Ethereum for some time, seeing what works best about it and works less well than expected WILL be better than Ethereum. Much like how Ethereum was built after inspecting blockchain technology for years.
Even if the additional -in my oppinion wasteful- features Ethereum provides turn out to be useful, an engineer designing a new system 2 years from, after watching Ethereum's path will know far better what parts to emphasize from the beginning then the designers of Ethereum could have possibly known when they started.
More and more advanced coins always have and will keep appearing. This is just how technology works.

>which features do you mean
nearly everything beside the cryptocurrency part. where are its other features used?

I've got to sleep now, sorry that can't argue w/ u 2

I have 1.0171 BTC
I'm sending 0.0171 to poloniex and I will convert it into ETH.
If it goes to the moon at least I'll be able to buy a bicycle

Buy bitcoin from an NZ seller (just google 'nz bitcoin' and pick whatever looks reputable), then exchange bitcoin for Eth on Kraken or Shapeshift.

I'm in NZ too, last time I bought was from bitnz but they're down now after the banks fucked them.

Maybe something better will come. But not anytime soon....too many companies are signed up and are right in the middle of signing up. No other crypto comes close to that level of business professionalism.

Things are about to take off, hard.

What about countries like India that just recently suffered through demonitization? What about resisting the economic censorship of centralized banking institutions?

GTFO nocoiner

Also bear in mind that these companies aren't just signing up and sitting on the sidelines waiting for the tech to mature.

They are actively contributing by helping to set industry standards for ethereum.

Yup. Read this too.

trustnodes.com/2017/05/17/ethereum-reaches-50-bitcoins-transaction-volumes

>thing is that's like 60%, which over 14 days isn't much for crypto

Lel wat?

I know crypto is insane and that bigger swings have happened but 60% ROI in 14 days is FUCKING NUTTERBUTTERS.

Eh, you'd probably make some bucks

This is my hedge coin atm, I know it'll go up and cover any losses I may have, but it's definitely not taking me to lamboland with the amount I have in it.

The sleeping giant is waking up.

Did it sleep well