Was NASA really dependent on this Black female mathematician?

Was NASA really dependent on this Black female mathematician?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/10/the-most-horrific-cop-rape-case-you-ve-never-heard-of.html
sandrarose.com/2015/12/white-cop-convicted-of-raping-13-black-women/
mic.com/articles/97856/here-s-how-the-internet-responded-to-a-white-cop-accused-of-raping-8-black-women
theundefeated.com/features/light-skinned-vs-dark-skinned/
books.google.com/books?id=5pvhD9iXolMC&pg=PA102&lpg=PA102&dq=cause he lightskinned&source=bl&ots=JeFmi07VLW&sig=jrCLMy6EYND9PtwPLVXCQTomZj8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1ya3-3_XQAhVJilQKHZUbAPsQ6AEITjAN#v=onepage&q=cause he lightskinned&f=false
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Johnson#Career
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

no

no

they're literally human calculators

Yes, but people like her weren't too hard to come by

>black
That looks like a really bad photo then, at first I was sure she was white.

Why is a woman who is self-evidently more white called black, why not mixed?

Obama is our first black president
Kathrine Johns was a black mathematician
Christoper Herper Mercer was mixed race shooter

Are people just black whenever it's convenient?

I think Katherine Johnson's story is kind of cool. Working so hard to make it a "black excellence" thing is kind of stupid but the pushback against this movie is retarded.

>Dependent
>Black
>female
ahahaha

It's because white racists worked tooth and nail to keep blacks and whites separate except when they wanted to fuck black women.

After slavery, any known black ancestry made somebody black in most states. People like Katherine Johnson, who would have previously been considered Mulatto or High Yellow, became black.

We still see this today. Kaepernick and TI don't really look black, but their partial African ancestry means our society perceives them as black.

Media uses of the words are still highly selective, and dependent on context. The Oregon school shooter, that "white" mongrel cop that raped black women last year.

If you're ambiguous context will determine your race.

It's not just media. If you're light-skinned and don't act like a nigger, blacks will say it's "cuh he lyeskin" or "he wyte" but I'm sure you don't really notice that because it plays in your favor.

t. Urban southerner who has to deal with way too many niggers

If you look white but have a black parent, no black person will ever consider you white

Find sources calling the half Asian cop white, if you don't mind

>no black person will ever consider you white
You obviously have not been around black people who are around mulattoes. They make it their entire purpose to slam that person for being white if they don't act like a nigger.

thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/10/the-most-horrific-cop-rape-case-you-ve-never-heard-of.html

There are more google it.

This just proves how much of a construct race really is.

sandrarose.com/2015/12/white-cop-convicted-of-raping-13-black-women/

That's not how you spell "I'm gay"

Zimmerman was a white KKK skinhead until everyone found out he was actually a spic lmao

The best part about the Zimzam issue is that they purposely manipulated the photo to make him appear to be white. He's a bit darker than the manipulated photography led most people to believe.

>somebody who has no idea what they're talking about

Plenty of black people will not consider you truly black if you have a white parent.

Fuck they won't consider you really black if you're light skinned even if both your parents are black.

mic.com/articles/97856/here-s-how-the-internet-responded-to-a-white-cop-accused-of-raping-8-black-women

Where did you learn that?

Not him, but there are entire articles and books about color prejudice among negroes:

theundefeated.com/features/light-skinned-vs-dark-skinned/

books.google.com/books?id=5pvhD9iXolMC&pg=PA102&lpg=PA102&dq=cause he lightskinned&source=bl&ots=JeFmi07VLW&sig=jrCLMy6EYND9PtwPLVXCQTomZj8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1ya3-3_XQAhVJilQKHZUbAPsQ6AEITjAN#v=onepage&q=cause he lightskinned&f=false

It's not any sort of secret if you've spent any amount of time around blacks who are around other blacks.

on the street

The rapist was actively parodying white people in positions of power by actively seeking black women. He was coded and perceived as white because quite frankly hapas aren't all that common where he was at and whiteness is malleable in the US.

That's the thing I spend the majority of my time around black people and I've never seen anything like this

Where the hell do you live?

We must see different negroes because it's a common trope in the South.

Southern California, but even when I lived in South Carolina I didn't see it

Living around black people m8. I went to some particularly shitty schools in my youth. I lived in a shit neighborhood for a time too.

The whole light skinned vs dark skinned thing was big deal and likely to get one fucked up if you weren't careful. Mixed blacks face as much discrimination from the black community as 8bj cod do from whites. Probably more so actually.

must've been some middle class communities then

Yes, don't lister to /pol/ memers.

>Working so hard to make it a "black excellence" thing

Because she worked so hard and succeeded despite the shit she got as a woman and being black at the same time.

It's like the first self-made woman millionaire in the U.S Madam C. J. Walker being a black woman is very impressive once you think about it. It's like a woman who's part of the economic and racial underclass at one of the worst periods for her status in the U.S became the first millionaire in the U.S. This is like the first billionaire in some European country that had no billionaires ever being a fucking Gypsy!

>It's like the first self-made woman millionaire in the U.S Madam C. J. Walker being a black woman is very impressive once you think about it. It's like a woman who's part of the economic and racial underclass at one of the worst periods for her status in the U.S became the first millionaire in the U.S. This is like the first billionaire in some European country that had no billionaires ever being a fucking Gypsy!
What did he mean by this?

>U.S Madam C. J.

Segregation has protective-effects. Would she have gone as far if white merchants were allowed to sell to blacks? Could they have competed with that? The Black-American business ownership rate was higher due to this, every position in the black side of town had to be filled by blacks.

>WE

> ARE FROM /POL/

I'm mixed black, maybe it's because my family has people from a few different races with varying skin tones, maybe I just didn't notice. I dunno interesting topic though.

It heavily worked for whites way more then Blacks, there is nothing preventing a white person from selling/buying services or products to blacks.
Also she expanded outside the U.S.

Look up hypodescent

Everyone is black in America but some pretend they're not. The guy on the right is supposedly black, and the girl on the left may as well be called Ladasha if that's the kind of tan she gets.

>dependent
No.
Super cool story bro? 4 sho.

>In 1962, when NASA used electronic computers for the first time to calculate John Glenn's orbit around Earth, officials called on her to verify the computer's numbers because Glenn asked for her personally and refused to fly unless Katherine verified the calculations.[15]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Johnson#Career

>I ain't flying according to those damn machines. Get Kitty in here and double check that shit.
>t. John Motherfucking Glenn Bitches

Complete bullshit.

If you have a black parent you're black, end of story.

I'm fairly sure she had really light skin for a black woman. That probably factored into her getting hired.

>reds and yellows don't exist

lmao

One Drop Rule, user. That was the standard all through Jim Crowe, so don't act so surprised that people are using it now for other ends.

A fucking super human calculator. Cool

That's not the point, the point is that the one drop rule that is applied in convenience, is not applied when it is inconvenient.

Stop being so intellectually dishonest when you reply. Rather, don't reply at all, faggot.

Again, that happened all the fucking time in Jim Crowe too, faggot.

How about you kill yourself first, cuck?

This is accurate. If you are biracial, have one black and one white parent, and is white passing, they write you off as "privileged" by society, which is their way to say you are white. They won't call you black, they won't treat you as fully black.

It's the same with white people, btw.

They also tend to pick on light skinned black people. See how they behaved concerning Zoe Saldanha (sp?) in that Nina Simone movie.

Computers are very important. It's astounding that people forget computer was originally a term for a person who did calculations, or that these people were mostly women.

>people were mostly women.

source

>half white

Well no wonder she was intelligent.

Also
>Black
She sure doesn't look like it.

One Drop Rule.

Gypsies are considered the lowest of the low, in several European countries.

the computers were mostly women

source: every book about basic history and/or tech. One of my favorites is called "Where Wizards Stay up Late"

Was Zimmerman the reverse one-drop rule?

If anything, stories like this show why adversity in a person's life can be good thing for society as a whole. People who feel they need to constantly prove themselves due to racism/stereotyping, are going to be working harder and care more about their work than the people who are given a free pass. It promotes excellence.

Compare this with today, where 50% or more of a companies hired work force is part of their diversity framework, instead of hiring based on skills and abilities. These people are given a free pass based on their race, gender, etc. They will never be pushed like this woman was, and therefore, they will never go above and beyond peoples expectations of them.

>for a black woman.
Or, you know, "black" is a terrible way to describe a group of people who rarely have skin worthy of the black description. They should be called "brown" people if anything, and "white" should be "off-white" for the most part. I really don't see how saying white or black is any better than terms like Nigger or Spic at this point.

A few biased media exceptions doesn't change the overwhelming usage of the one-drop rule in America.

Nowadays half-breeds get their ethnicity assigned depending on their actions, do good and you are the minority, do bad and you are white.

i dont know nor do i know why you singled out that she was black or female

why do those traits matter?

they trigger Alt Right dweebs

Actually no it proves that stereotypes are inherently false and that those who trade in racial stereotypes are mental midgets.

That alpha kappa alpha blanket says different. Black girls frat. Back in the old days if you didn't pass the paper bag test to assure you were lighter skinned you wouldn't get in

Just google it, it's historical common knowledge.Women were hired as computers becuase they were cheaper and did the job just as well. This is one of the reasons that X-ray crystallography was considered woman's work until computer software took over the calculation workload

Because there's a movie coming out about how three black women were the real brains behind the space program.

no

As someone who lives in South Florida, I was confused as to why a lot of people called him white. There are Cubans whiter than him.

It was probably the name.

Especially in America, where "black" people are nearly a quarter white on average.

Yeah, but his ugly face was plastered everywhere. I tried mentioning that he was also Peruvian (with some black heritage), identifies himself as Hispanic, and shouldn't just be called white.

I was called a coon for that. Hurray.

I agree. Let's enslave the whites so they really have something to motivate them.

>Someone relying on blacks for anything but physical labor and complaining

What do you think?

? we are talking about what real people think in real life mate.

The Cubans in Miami are the whiter than anyone actually living in Cuba

Of course, most of the white Cubans fled for Florida and other states, while the brown, black, and Asian (Yep! There are Asian Cubans) Cubans were left behind.

with the implication being intelligence is an extreme oddity in black females, which is of course correct.

this bitch aint even black
at least 80% huwhite and all the brain genes are white for sure

An 80% white person looks mostly white. She's clearly around 60% black, she's just light skinned and old. I have family that looks like her.

>people

>all the brain genes
Dr. Genius over here is in the right position to talk about connatural smarts