pastebin.com/SGJye9We

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/3kegcmjA

>News
7drl is over, play them here
itch.io/jam/7drl-challenge-2018/entries

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:
roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Attached: A5ECB62B-C0D8-4660-BEC2-93C0E10D8D07.gif (500x381, 484K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/18230
github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/22877
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for being a lich

Attached: basedboris.png (512x512, 59K)

Second for slaying liches

Third for potatoes

Attached: the reward of hard work.png (1920x1080, 83K)

still truckin along. had a few close calls, but nothing devastating

more importantly, whats this do? should i visit it? I don't wanna get blindsided by some spoilery shit on my first decent run

Attached: 2018-03-23 15_59_10-Demon.png (1149x858, 399K)

I got the lab end with the little cells. Is anything good going to come out of messing with the console, or will it just release the specimens?

Attached: 2018-03-23 22_04_20.png (221x393, 969)

It might release the specimens, create a portal (that goes nowhere) or I believe give you tele-sickness (mutation/boomered/fungal-infection chance, etc). Basically, its a useless lab finale.

Great. Oh well, at least I found a couple CBMs and the Krav Maga book.
I'll have to come back later with a pickaxe, for those barracks entrances I botched opening.

I love farming, I need to get a tractor now

Attached: fresh.png (1920x1080, 139K)

how do you keep it all from spoiling? canning?

it can create a portal to NOT IMPLEMENTED YET, but more importantly have you experienced the 500 different varieties of forks and spoons and the innovative laundry washing system?

I wish, I have almost no glass jar and no electronic books for canning/vaccum packing
I'll probably have to dry everything, I can't even make potato vodka...

Better don't try to move anywhere now...

Attached: lava.png (666x429, 13K)

Did they ever fix the exploit where you could leave your crops unharvested to preserve them?

>2x molasses OR 2x corn OR 6x cornmeal OR 1x wheat OR 1x barley OR 1x buckwheat OR 50x sugar OR 4x sweet water OR 1x sugar beet
>The brewing guide mentions using potatos for vodka.
This is a fucking travesty right here.

I don't know. I haven't farmed in ages. hmm...well i do remember camping out in an orchard one winter, and alternating between apples and meat from nearby swamps.....so, probably not.

>tfw lightning spire will never protect your smile in real life
why live

dont worry a spire nerf is definitely incoming and then it won't protect your smile in-game either

>50L steel keg
>need 13 lumps of steel
>100L steel drum
>need 10 lumps of steel
What?

>implying they'd ever try to draw the ire of my spire
Next you'll try to tell me that they're going to make it so that necromancy isn't blatantly better than every other spellschool.

keg probably has thicker walls so it can safely hold pressurized contents
a container with twice the volume has less than twice the surface area, so those numbers are pretty reasonable if the keg's walls are twice as thick

whatever you say, Kevin.

you gotta be FR*CKIN kidding me.

Attached: forfekssake.png (1146x860, 73K)

wow user i think your game is bugged, maybe delete your save and start again

Remember to take it easy, /rlg/!

Attached: 1521654076215.jpg (755x768, 204K)

And don't forget to take breaks

i already am
pic related it's me in my new shell

Attached: .jpg (639x522, 51K)

sick

Attached: best shaft.png (1024x768, 227K)

>looks up dda mutations
>no snake category
>can't rp as lamia
You had one job

Attached: tree OP.png (1024x768, 376K)

should have invoked legs

>github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/18230
It's dead jim.

Attached: 1469160433370.png (3000x2000, 2.32M)

Questionable treeform desu.

and died?
yea
nice
cleansing flame spam + holy exe axe raped the fuck out of everything.

That was fast, thanks.

how? literally the only thing that could have saved me from so much torment at once. everything died in 10 turns. an entire screen of skulls flew in and got destroyed constantly and healed me to full every turn

Nevermind, too much of a hassle to convert this shit.

Lets be real, it was questionable to shaft from hell:6 to 7.

Surely spire will prevail.

Attached: vault.png (1858x970, 465K)

Probably because handling the whole no legs thing properly would be a pain.

You'd need actual code changes to prevent you from pedalling a bicycle with your tail anyway.

hmmmm, while we're here, lets take a gander at some of the pull requests, shall we?

>soak rags and cotton balls in disinfectant

...oh yep. this all seems like mission critical stuff here.

Attached: Pull Requests.png (999x730, 62K)

if you had piety for channeling you could totally just
-find corridor
-put spire in corridor between you and dargon
-wait for dargon to kill spire
-put another spire
until dead

I like rooms like this since I know it's my fault 100% when I inevitably die to it.

Could be worked around, or ask the devs to add shit like the always do.

At least spider is still a thing.

Silly user. Its always your fault when you fault.

I thought I had found the holy bible for stylish people, what a fucking disappointment for a new book.

Attached: shitty book.png (1920x1080, 73K)

the stylish meme strat is just wearing 500 different styles of rings and other jewelry since they have 0 encumbrance

>not making yourself a crown
I bet you can even wear it on top of your fedora.

Has anyone gotten Elona's elochat working again?

the server was literally taken down; whoever was running it stopped paying
iirc there was some alternate server on the elona wiki alongside instructions on how to set it up in elona's config files

github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/22877
>remove the manual operations
Why would a man want to make bionic installation require an additional skill AND be only performed in a special location which may or may not spawn before your character becomes an ubermensch who doesn't really need bionics anyway?
More importantly, why is this man in charge of development?

>the bullfrog is too close now for your liking

Attached: 1521242719397.jpg (399x400, 22K)

I know.
I went from 5 to 7 though. It happens.

dumb frogposter

>You hear the screaming of an enraged frog.
>REEEEE

>Due to the rather harsh avaliability of disinfectant to early game survivors, this patch lets you soak 4 rags with one charge of disinfectant, with a 20% less probabilities to cure the infected wound. It adds the same to cotton balls, with only 2 of them being soaked, and just 15% less chances.
It's by some random contributor. You could add stuff just like this if you wanted to user.
I messed around with making a Lamia mutation mod when mugling shitcanned it back when. Still have it and what's on github, might work on it since nobody's done anything with mutations in ages.

Attached: monster-lizardman-Yukari.png (3000x2000, 2.1M)

Really makes you think.

Attached: hmmm.png (1858x970, 215K)

I really need to start respecting guardian golem as a spell.

Attached: therearestillheroesleftinpan.png (1858x970, 204K)

I was looking for electronic stores but instead I found this guy who was getting bullied by zombies on the road and who knows electronics
I hope he will get along with my cows

Attached: hot sex with NPC when.png (1920x1080, 66K)

>broken german and anime
i hate when they do this

You have my blessing on the Lamia mod but honestly this game also needs something to make mutations a natural part of the progression. Right now it's just a thing that becomes available quite late and at that you're likely driving around in a fortress with a cubic metre of diesel stashed somewhere so nobody gives a fuck about something other than night vision and rp.

You can make mutagen at cooking 3 with PK mod if you want

One possible approach would be to make it require LESS skill, since you have a sophisticated surgery robot doing the whole thing for you. The CBM canister could hold the installation instructions, in a robot-readable format.
Judging from Kevin's comments, though, it's going to be far far worse than that.

Attached: hellodarknessmyoldfriend.jpg (500x281, 141K)

I don't think that's how you're supposed to wield a panzerfaust.

unless you happen across a randomly-generated usb drive with a program to install the specific bionic you have (after already rnging into the bionic and finding the autodoc station)
then you can do it with no skill required
kevin also wants it to eventually require you to go find anesthetic to refill the machine with first

If I could have just that and not all the bloat that comes with it.

Well, it's a mod, so you definitely can.

there should be a cdda mod that adds retail mutation stores as normal buildings that can appear in town
the racks out front will have various mutagens and maybe some XL mutation-fitting clothes
then a locked safe in the back might have some serums or even alpha shit

I'd like to see it swap out some of the current skill checks for the otherwise useless computer skill.
Of course probably we'll just get retardation where you'll need rifle skill to install the fusion gun.

This is an excellent idea, I think. Would be wonderful from a gameplay perspective, and you could also work out a "mutagen junkie" starting role. Also maybe the buildings should be just as locked up as gun stores? (alarm, barred-windows) since mutagen would probably be an expensive and coveted commodity. Could make it really easy to work in a bunch of new npc quests as well.

meh, actually got burnt out and quit. Got to tower 9 but every single fight i was losing at least a demon or two, and I was spending so many credits desperately trying to link with new ones, I could never afford any upgrades or fusions.

Definitely started to feel tedious when i lost my faerie, and i just couldn't get another good healer put together for the life of me. Ducked out of the anomaly once i got to the "oUr sAncTum!1!" side branch and got my shit pushed in by a missingno. also there was one unqiue in i think tower 7 that was just a crusader hero that cut my party in half with two strikes. had to just ditch the entire floor to keep her from killing me.

All in all, not bad, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, but I want to try some other classes and combos now, and the game doesn't let you have multiple saves.

Attached: meh.png (1138x859, 201K)

that should be for bionics not mutagen
mutagen is secret government project shit

I never realized it was THIS easy.

Attached: XOnPtrj.png (1252x466, 42K)

FFFFUCK the lore
the point of that concept is having mutagen play an actual role in gameplay before the "i've already won" point
but yeah there should be ones for bionics too

I agree with this; if the lore isnt in service to the gameplay, change it. Its not like its that well thought out anyway

>FFFFUCK the lore
You take that back or I add required teeth brushing 3 times a day.

OUR THE AMY is having a feedback thread on Reddit. Congrats The Amy. You finally made it.

There's also a mod which is just easier mutation reqs+some turtle mutation. Don't really get the point of it; the levels aren't what tend to limit making mutations, its the mats. By the time you can get all those mats you already outscaled the game. And mutations are of no value because of that.
Same issue either way

last time I saw a glitch I dropped everything I was doing and ran for an exit. They seem pretty much like the most dangerous thing I have ever encountered.

i don't think you can use "our" to refer to yourself, The Amy

Wait I just thought about something, now that cata has milking, can you milk yourself if you take the bovine mutation path?

dumb kevinposter

No, he specifically said no fetishes.

Attached: 1513278040249.jpg (1510x2048, 589K)

NO. HE. DID. NOT.

I want a mod that lets me install bionics with 100% success rate just by 'a'pplying the CMB.

>cant feed your followers with your freshly milked milk
What a fag.

Bioshock roguelike when?
When you code it.

if you do a lab start you can get going on mutations pretty fast. I had all the books I needed for basic mutation categories (beast, slime, reptile etc) before I found shoes.

Not a bad idea. Wonder how hard it'd be to do.

PK mod autolearns basic mutagen at cooking 3 / survival 2 (or first aid, one of those). It also removes non-dehydrated tainted meat from the recipe so you can't use it early game anyway. I have literally no idea what the point was here.

PK's mod is just a guy noticing how easy this game is to edit and going crazy changing everything for the sake of feeling good about being a modder. Pretty much nothing it adds is actually good.

Yeah I instantly changed the dried tainted meat back to normal. The other recipes are fucked also. Insect mutagen involves raiding a fucking bee hive for example. Meanwhile some things like fish, rat and even beast mutagens are incredibly easy to acquire. Some recipes require slime scrap which must be incredible rare because I have never seen any.

I'll see if I can make this better. The vanilla recipes aren't that great either (but at least they make sense).

Slime scrap is known as blob glob in game I think. And yes, the balance is completely strange. Lupine needs bones (trivial), feline is almost identical in effect and needs 6 offals a dose. I'm not even sure how you'd mass produce the large stomachs needed for cattle.

>accidentally pour salty water in container
>die dehydrated

rekt

>25 fountains come into view
>can't even quaff them

rekt

I've always been horrible at SMT games so Demon wrecks my shit every time I play it. I'm not any good at planning a good team composition and the ability swapping/fusion. I'm too stupid for this game.

It was pretty overwhelming for me too. a lot of it is managing elemental resistances and just trying to cover as many bases as possible. Also I've found that orb of power with two separate elemental attacks makes the first five floors much more manageable. Then basically you're checking every single monster and seeing if they have attacks/resistances that you need. It's definitely more fatiguing than something like dcss or a *hack, which is why i got sick of my last run. Micromanaging all of my dudes and double guessing my point/ability allocations was starting to fray my nerves.