pastebin.com/m7WgAifw

Old OP:
pastebin.com/whkD5Wmh

Planefu Mouse Cursors:
milairpix.com/avcursors.htm
cursors-4u.com/airplanes/

Tales from the /aceg/ AFB (WIP):
pastebin.com/jZHPR1Zi

Reminder to draw for the collage! Draw your planefu, put effort into it, and it will be added right in!
imgur.com/a/ghjcI
The only rules are:
>it must be black and white, no shading
>being bad at drawing is not an excuse
>it must fly from left to right
>you MUST have fun while drawing. It's the most important part!
Asking for advice is highly encouraged!

Because it bears repeating:
>HD Collection never (ever).
>Don't let it die, buddy.

Attached: dat ass.webm (1920x1080, 2.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n9c8DCI00cg
dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a404426.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for collage!

Attached: aceg's planefu collage iteration 13.png (4250x2000, 2.26M)

Eternal best livery.

Attached: X-02 'Wyvern' (Phoenix).png (3186x2682, 2.98M)

2nd for F-15E

probably

but theres also other videos from GDC like this

youtube.com/watch?v=n9c8DCI00cg

on this one, the person playing is mentally disabled tho

Fuck, this is Polygon's levels of bad.

The briefing theme is top tier though.

Attached: help.png (420x420, 278K)

the briefing gave me a more relaxed/laid back tone than in other AC games, i liked it, reminded me of Metal Gear codec calls

What the fuck were they thinking with this fight? The music, setting, and timing are all great but the execution was horrible. It should have just been you and Shamrock fighting the CFA, not you and the entire military vs Pasternak and a fucking million drones. It could have been a pretty intense duel but it turns out to just be you either spamming allied support or losing track of him due to stealth

Attached: downloadfile-8.jpg (670x376, 87K)

The intakes and Falken-styled COFFIN have thrown me off for a while, but this is an R-101, isn't it?

Attached: 1508210608016.jpg (1200x675, 149K)

Looks like, since it doesn't have the underslung pods like the R-102 and 103.

>Pasternak
Dia pas dah berternak ya, gan?

Jesus fuck this is like that cursed Cuphead gameplay video
The level theme is god tier tho

They should have saved the Pasternak fight until the Chandelier.

Pilot user, I summon thee!
How much do you spend on flying each year?

I know. I can't wait for the OST, because so far what little we've heard has been fantastic.

It is. Where did you find find it?

>7 days left until ACI shuts down
So, what's it gonna be? Only announcement about the game going bye-bye or the announcement of its closure added with more news about AC7?

Several parts after Liberation felt miss-timed. It feels like they planned for more missions to be in it, but ran out of time and rushed to finish them. Gracemaria patrol feels very stilted, especially since the cruise missile waves are fairly easy to shoot down even with 4AAM, Chandelier has really good ideas, but the AA towers are a pain in the ass because of where it moves you to after the second cut scene, and the Pasternak fight should have been moved to somewhere else.

You know how they should have done it? Take a page from Zero and run into Pasternak in a 2v1 fight on the way north to the Chandelier. Just you vs him, over the ice fields at sunset or something. Make it nice and cinematic.

You could really make a real moment out of it.

Be flying with Shamrock over the ice fields, and have him giving some monologue like 'I've learned things don't always turn out how you think, but there's always hope' sort of thing, and have AWACS cut him off mid-sentence and go 'Warning, warning! Unidentified bogey approaching at high speed!!" and then have a little cutscene introducing the CFA-44 and have a short little spiel from Pasternak, and then fight him.

Would AWACS call it a bogey if he didn't know who it was? Why not just unknown contact or something

Yes. 'Bogey' can refer to any unknown radar contact. Once it had been confirmed hostile, then it'd change to 'bandit'.
Going by US brevity codes, anyway.

I just finished reading the airbase pastebin and I NEED MORE
Btw what happens if one of the eurobuddies kick a soccer ball towards Tom? Does he try to block it with its own hands or does he just get smacked?

>brevity codes
got a list of those laying around?

Here you go buddy.
dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a404426.pdf

Headbutt it, obviously.
I was a master of headbutting when we used to play soccer at Boy Scout camps.

He catches it out of the air and shoulder-tackles them down on his way past.

>from the last thread

Attached: 53261E89-53FF-4BBC-9415-D548D5E38865.png (500x522, 38K)

Attached: seachimp tackling.webm (1920x1080, 2.69M)

Looks like quizno is back.
Report and ignore.

Who?

The puchi spammer that has a strange hate obsession with /aceg/. Anytime you see any blatantly obvious shitposting, it's probably him.

Looks like ignore is back.
Report and quizno.

Post blueprints

Attached: saab_jas_39_gripen_2.gif (1488x1138, 92K)

Speaking of which, would it be normal to get a boner while reading a puchi hentai comic?

I love these technical drawings way more than I should.

Attached: Su-33 'Sea Flanker'.png (8983x6105, 886K)

If you're into it, I guess.

What did he do this time?

I need to find a better one. This is the largest I have found.

Attached: a-10-cross-sections.jpg (500x357, 85K)

He's still alive

Attached: PiranhaTop.png (1500x1076, 205K)

I have never seen this plane before.

Attached: Piranha1.jpg (1435x1016, 129K)

I love that even though my planefu is a bit obscure it still has this

Attached: XFR2 Dark Shark BP.gif (2987x2099, 261K)

I posted this here a few months ago when I learned about it. Last swiss jet fighter proposal after the N-20 and P-16, didn't make it very far unfortunately.

Attached: 2cr6h75.jpg (1148x1152, 359K)

Yo Pilot user, how much do you pay for flying each year?

Oh right I was in the air again finally today.
I have never seen this many birds as close as I have today, there was a flock on approach at one point and we just went right under it.

Too little apparently because I still don't have my hours. But hopefully I can finish the whole thing up this summer and have the license proper finally.
150.- for just the plane per hour, 1.5x or twice that with the instructor. Same as just about anywhere around here. But I don't know the exact figures in my head. I'm guessing about 15-20k will for the whole lot.

Attached: ALR_Piranha_planview_comparison.svg.png (693x1024, 60K)

Where would the F-5 (or, heck, X-29) fit on that size comparison?

>F-5
It's just slightly bigger than the Piranha. I think there was even a chart like that with the F-15 and F-5

Here's a few progress sketches of mine while I sketch the Chimera, Su-35Kh and S.65 in preparation for those requests. Here's some questions for you buddies:
Regarding both fighters:
>would you fly?
>planefu material?
>things I could change?
Q-15 specifically:
>did I make it distinct enough from the F-15?
>what could I do to give a "family" feel with the Q-66?
It was posted ages ago here, I haven't reverse-searched it yet. I was browsing through my folders to get a mood for these sketches.
It would have made AC6 perfect. Barring plot and Patrol. That mission's patrol segment should have been a cutscene or a good deal shorter. At least missiles work on the missiles unlike in other ICBM missions.
>tfw never ever
Reminds me that I should look into 70s and 80s futuristic designs, my futurist designs look very modern sort of futuristic to me, which trips me up a bit since I want to have some hints of retrofuturism for the whole "cyberpunkish" wibe.

Attached: Mars sketches.png (1475x1702, 294K)

That Q-15 looks really good on the perspective and all.
What's going on with the left most airliner?
>Q-15 questions
Perhaps change the wing layout a bit, it still looks really F-15 ish apart from the front most section.
Maybe try to implement a more Q-66 like wing if you want them to be similar. I would not go for the outboard stabliizers on it though. But you know, make it look sort of related.

I could try giving the wing different sweep angles a bit like a cranked arrow delta. I'm not sure if gulling would fit since the Q-15 is a 20 years old design by the time the Q-66 is marketed, so I want it to look more conventional. The designs aren't related, strictly speaking, but the manufacturer is the same.
>airliner
Algorithm-driven generative design, something Airbus fiddled with some time ago.

Attached: 20151021-autodesk-photo5_l.jpg (700x203, 24K)

Personally, I think it looks more like an F-18E than an F-15.

10/10 would fly
The Q-15 is definitely planefu material for those who love the F-15
I would line up the canards with the hull tho, I don't like the little corner they create
And yeah you did make it distinct enough from the Eagle

I would change a few things about the Q-66 to make it feel more in line with the Q-15, maybe giving it a bit more substance at the tail, like a vertical/horizontal stabilizer. And make the engines on the Q-66 stand out in the hull a little more (round bulges like the Q-15 has)

>Reminds me that I should look into 70s and 80s futuristic designs
On that note, I cannot decide yet what I really want for spaceships and aircraft design with the not!Oban thing. I know that I want to base stuff on planes but I can't say how good it'd look to have a bunch of Concorde tier Starliners fly along something Airbus like and space turboprops and space Zeppelins.
Then again adding regular ass planes kind of worked in Bebop so who knows.

Airbus what are you doing?
>Q-15
Well if it is the same manufacturer you could try to take elements that they know and "like" and try to integrate them a bit into the Q-15. I mean for example take the Fury (biplane, not the Sea Fury) and the Hurricane. Both are made by Hawker and the Hurri is pretty much a monoplane Fury, but they still look very distinct save for a few similarities.
Similarly the YF-17 and F-5/20 or the X-29 like we discussed last thread and how they are all related. Or for the obligatory racing plane, the Supermarine S.6b and the Spitfire to some degree.
It's kind of hard to make that stuff feel natural and I've struggled with it too when I tried to do some things made by the same manufacturers in the past.

Fun fact: the original design was mostly based on the F/A-18 but it ended up looking near identical to the F-15 SMT/D. I'd say it's a step in the right direction.
Are there things you'd tweak in some way or do these designs feel passable enough for suspension of disbelief?
>corner
Unless I make them Flanker-sized, which is always an option but I went for SMT/D proportions for the last few iterations, they stick out in front. I'll try Flanker ones.
>back
The engines don't bulge out due to the "spine" going from the cockpit to the stinger. I could try lowering the stinger, more in line with the Q-15's and again Flankers.
I might have to make the stabilizers larger, but I'd rather not place them on the centerline, mostly because one of the sources of inspiration for it was the Solvalou from Xevious, whose look I find quite charming.
I'm not going for an F-5 family thing, but that's a good point. I didn't know about the Fury, the Hurricane's a dead ringer for it.
I think I'll start by tweaking the wing sweeps for both to something along the lines of the F-16XL's since the Q-66 has a higher sweep on the outer halves compared to the inner halves of the wing.

Attached: Gekka Q-15 Shiranui - Restar.png (2048x1536, 518K)

Might just be the wings for me, with how the Eagle has relatively distinct ones, the leading edge stuff definitely looks like a Hornet.

Yeah I'd just play around with it a bit, I'm sure it'll work out.

>Might just be the wings for me, with how the Eagle has relatively distinct ones, the leading edge stuff definitely looks like a Hornet.

For, sure. But for the wings look nothing like the F-15, and an awful lot like the F/A-18.

I don't see it, compare the wingtips and imagine the control surfaces as being flat. to me that looks F-15 like more than it does F/A-18 like. The sweep angle on both the leading edge and trailing edge especially.
But the wings on both pictures look very similar except for the kink on the wingtip on the newer one to me anyway.

They were clearly rushed, 6 in general can't shake it. The small plane count really kills the game for me

The sweep of the leading edge and root chord looks to be reduced significantly to make room for the LERX.

Attached: FA18E.png (1090x593, 820K)

Sweep looks the same to me
>root chord
The wing root looks like it's further away from the fuselage than in the F-15, maybe it's compensating for that?

Attached: USAF-F15.jpg (800x555, 462K)

Still looks a lot more swept back than your picture to me. Also consider the angle of the trailing edge, which is clearly angled either straight or backwards, rather than forwards like on the Hornet.

The trailing edge on the hornet is near enough to flat that you could crank it and end up with something almost exactly the same as what's pictured. If we want to just pick random parts rather than looking as it as a whole, that's fine. But on the balance, the presence of the LERX, leading edge maneuvering devices, intake shape and position, and canted tails point more towards (at least for me) the F/A-18E than the dogtoothed stabilator and the trailing edge of the wing.

Yeah, the rushed feeling also bleeds through in the complete lack of mission variety. Aside from 3 or 4 unique missions, the entirety of the rest of the game is 'complete 2 out of 3 operations in this huge battlefield' missions. Anyone else who has played 6 will agree with me here, those types of missions got really old.

Well to me the angle looks a lot steeper and the wing a whole lot wider/stubbier than on the Hornet. So overall it looks like an Eagle's wings to me. But I think it's just different ways to look at it.
Keep in mind though that I was just arguing for the wings, other elements like the ones you mentioned are from the Hornet, but the proportions of the whole thing and all still end up making it look a bit more like an Eagle to me, even with say the LERX and the angled stabilizers.
Anyawy I think we can agree that it is a mix of the two.

Here's the next iteration for opinions.
I feel that more than getting old, they just dragged on for too long. All to often did I crash dumbly or get shot down unexpectedly over 40 minutes into a mission, prompting me to redo the last half an hour or so. Other than that missions might not have been unique but enough of them felt distinct for it not to be too stale by the end of the game.

Attached: Gekka sketches.png (1137x951, 259K)

The leading edge angle is referenced from an F-15 photograph, so it's likely in the ballpark.
Quite interesting to see both takes on the design, I guess it blends the two aircraft well enough if it ressembling either more than the other can be argued.

I can get behind those canards

>All to often did I crash dumbly or get shot down unexpectedly over 40 minutes into a mission, prompting me to redo the last half an hour or so.
This is why the checkpoints was a good idea. Anyone saying otherwise is masochistic.

They were a life-saver, but sometimes they were a bit too spread out. The longer a mission goes on, the easier it is to make a stupid mistake, so I prefer shorter missions, though the large scale of AC6's missions was still a lot of fun. A mix would be awesome.

Ok well this isn't the most scientific method, but on my screen the aircraft from engine to tail is 10". The root chord of the wing is 2.5". The root chord is 25% of the total length.

The F-15 has a total length of ~64ft, and a root chord of 25ft. That's 40% of the total length.

The F/A-18 has a root chord of 4.04m, and an overall length of 17.07m. Which gives us a root chord ~24% of the overall length. Proportionally, the ratio of wing to fuselage is nearly the same as the hornet.

Those kinds of missions are neat where there's a very genera; objective, 'capture this area' or 'secure this airspace', but generally I've always liked AC missions with more focused objectives.

>what is foreshortening
Based on the perspective looking good, I doubt it was drawn isometrically. Length is a function of distance to camera, lengths grow smaller as they get closer to the perspective horizon.

Attached: __4223859_orig.jpg (720x394, 94K)

Drawing is dumb, perspective is doubly dumb, and I guess you have a point. This is why anything involving aircraft should only be 3 view and properly dimensioned.

This is the kind of autism I come to this thread for.
Do you see the world in flat 3 view drawings?

Attached: Laughing X-32.jpg (680x684, 92K)

I've certainly never built a house from perspective.

>Drawing is dumb
This is basically your catch phrase at this point

You fucks keep repeating it so I might as well use it. Also I hate the hornet and typhoon, and I'm older than the F-4. Any other memes I've forgotten about?

>guys my nose is bleeding again

You should try it. I'm sure it'd be fun.

Calm down Escher

Did your tv look like a soccer ball at that faithful moment?

It looked like Belka's hopes and dreams.
That was a good TV, I miss it.

Nice. Maybe you could angle the Shiranui's canard edges with the wings' for dat LO characteristics unless they already are and I'm actually blind?
Is the Kairou a two-seater? The cockpit gives me this feeling.
Also, I still think that you should have used current cockpit placement with #1's fuselage and wings.
Love it.
Cut fingers

Attached: Eurofighter Typhoon schematics.png (2049x2991, 271K)

Is this a meme I've missed?

Couple years back I had my PS2 hooked up to my nice 50" TV, and the cables were kinda strewn about. Got up from my chair to get another bowl of soup, and I tripped over a cable and stumbled a few feet, then rocket-headbutted straight into the screen. TV was more ded than Anton Kupchenko.

Kek, rip TV

Attached: Laughing Punk.gif (320x180, 913K)

Oh wow

Attached: laughter.jpg (312x475, 35K)

Attached: 1494509141172.png (351x350, 174K)

>someone remembers the names
Neato.
The canards are, indeed, angled. Not that it's that noticeable with Flanker-styled canards.
The Kairou's bulged cockpit was an aesthetic decision, but it could be a two seater since at least one unit is loaded with an AI whose hardware could use some room since part of the hardware is wetware and that isn't easy to miniaturize.
I'll take another shot at the number 1 tomorrow, could be interesting. I'll have to think up a name for it, if anyone's got suggestions, the pattern being maritime-themed names in japanese (marine will o' wisp and Sea Wolf) without concern for readings, Shiranui is Kun reading while Kairou is Goon.
Breaking a TV sucks.

Attached: Su-33 crash.gif (320x256, 1.79M)

Aww Tom, I'm sorry but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1413344806907.jpg (370x518, 53K)

>google 'F-14 schematics'
>get several pics of the F-111B
General Dynamics still salty, I see

You'll surely make something nice. What planes do the other factions on Mars use? Also, was the planet terraformed?
>name
What about Umibozu?

Attached: Deneb - A Game of Chicken by Dornie.png (1488x2105, 1.38M)

Found a breddy gud Super Bug cutaway

Attached: wallpaper-319166.jpg (5462x3173, 2.92M)

>terraformation
A complex topic, lemme break out my notes. As you might imagine, the atmosphere was brought to levels that allow lift to counteract gravity. In the "present day", 2419, it's about half the pressure of Earth at sea level. Keeping into acount the lower gravity on Mars, an Earth fighter would only require 2/3rds of it's wing area to maintain the same lift/weight ratio, though I don't really consider it in my designs. Imagine a Mars-spec Starfighter.
Terraformation started in the XIInd century, progressing far beyond what was projected and one can breathe without assistance by the late XXIVth century isntead of the expected late XXVth century. The fact one could possibly eschew breathing apparati that early is part of the reason Promethia is a theocracy, since its unity comes from a religion that preaches it's a miracle by the hand of God that spread like wildfire during the pre-national period of Mars (I haven't gone into their dogma beyond some mentions of a demiurge in my notes and a "purity of humanity" stance that allows me to slow down transhumanism on Mars).
The sea on the northern half of the planet is due to unexpectedly large underground reservoirs a metric fuckton of redirected comets (please suspend disbelief, I just want a large sea on Mars without going full Mars Daybreak) and is mostly filled with GMO algae that have been a major contributor in the dioxygen richness of the atmosphere. Mars's atmosphere is thinner than Earth, but it's dioxygen ratio is much higher, allowing humans to breathe normally or at least at alpine-like conditions.
There are rather lush forests along the coastline, but bellow the southern tropic vegetation is sparse. You'll notice the south has a lot of "no man's land" that isn't claimed. Those are still considered inhospitable territories.
>Umibozu
"Sea boy"? Got other ones?

Attached: lifteq.gif (620x466, 19K)

Interesting. Is there any sort of fauna?
Promethia seems very interesting. What about Chryse? Gekka?
>umibozu
The thing from Ni-Oh, based on some sort of sea spirit/ghost of the same name

>79 days until E3

Attached: 1518026787622.png (3840x1996, 2.23M)

Post the radar of your #2 planefu.

Attached: APG-77-1A.jpg (512x417, 104K)

It's the same.

Attached: AN-APG-77 1.jpg (734x265, 87K)

Attached: Gripen Radar.jpg (1280x803, 111K)