>interest sparked
a few year in (roughly 10 i think)
>start digging carefully in garden to find stuff
>literally collect everything i find in the soil
>garden covered in square shaped holes
>granddad not pleased but lets me
stormy nights
>antenna tv never works during storms
>we try to put the pieces together (found mainly tile frags and stuff)
>find some old coins and buttons among the stuff
>we go through books to find out more about them
years later
>granddad dies
>study archaeology
>use his old notes a lot of times cuz he regularly updated them over the decades
thanks grandpa

Video Games
I used to play lot of Total War and Paradox games (EU3, HoI 2) in my teenage years.

I started playing Europa Universalis III because a friend loved it. That was like, five or six years ago now. It just spiraled out from there. Now I'm studying for a social studies and history education degree.

I was THAT kid. I had a study hall in middle school, but I never had homework and we weren't allowed to do leisure reading or listen to music and stuff. I started reading my 8th-grade history textbook for entertainment. Turns out I enjoyed it. I get my History BA on Saturday.

Rome total war

My father is a massive history buff. He would constantly have history related television on, it's natural that as i watched it I took a keen interest in history. Video games helped too.

my grandfather. he was a language teacher and writer born in soviet ukraine. he used to love talking about european history, cossacks and tatars and all that kinda stuff. he knew so much and could talk for hours about subjects that interested him. i, on the other hand, an not very academic and only indulge in history on Veeky Forums and during total war.

Alike most in this thread, video games. I played Age of Mythology as a kid and fell in love with the Hoplite, my interest has been growing since although I can't really call myself a buff of any sort. I only just started browsing this board, and this is my first, and likely only post for a long while.

Grandfather is a relatively well know archaeologist. Took me around his digs, spent childhood around ruins and he lends me lots of books. Study history now.

Rome Total War.

Started to play EE1 back in 2001 and the different cultures and their history fascinated me, after that i sort of played every historical games i could get my hands on ayy
That interest then evolved into reading history books.

>started off a racist on YouTube in 2006
>read muh Wikipedia
>discover vidya games
>discover /r/AskHistorians
>take advanced history classes in uni for minor
Still a racist but can also exit /pol/ mode to discuss things historically because it's actually fun to talk about real facts instead of racist memes

>be me, /pol/lock
>want more, interested in philosophy
>get briefly addicted to Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums
>main board is now /g/, visit Veeky Forums a lot

When I was a child I used to visit my local library where I could borrow films. When I was about 8-9 years old I started checking out the fact books for children. I was at first interested in atlases and learning about countries, cities and flags in the world. Read other factual books later, but the ones about history interested me the most. So history became my main field of interest. I'm currently doing an B.A. in History.

Alexander Dumas with his 3 musketeers, then everything else he wrote, then other historical fiction. As a kid those books gave me this feeling of longing for the magical past that was full with kings, nobles, swords horses, ships and adventure.

>Alexander Dumas with his 3 musketeers, then everything else he wrote
my nigga
Count of Monte Cristo is genuinely my favorite novel of all time.

Am I already old or what? Most people naming video games talk about paradox. Civilization II got me interested and then Age of Empires came along and that was it.

grandpa get off of Veeky Forums

I'm only 30 man. I'm a kid.

I had only barely come out of the womb by the time your balls were dropping, oldfag

Jesus how old are you?

So, youre 29 and 10 months?

My is Queen Margo and the 2 sequels. So dark and everybody you like dies.