/gerg/ - Giant Extreme Robots General

Perfection edition

New /gerg/ game, from the makers of Shadowrun Returns
battletechgame.com/

Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries:
[YouTube] 15 Minutes of MechWarrior 5 Gameplay: Atlas Mech on a Mars-Like Planet

Armored Core:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

Mechwarrior Living Legends:
clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

Into the Breach:
store.steampowered.com/app/590380
intothebreach.gamepedia.com/Into_The_Breach_Wiki

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
[YouTube] Beginner's Introduction to MechWarrior Online 【PART 1】

Let the Flea hop into your life:
mwomercs.com/flea

>Have No Fear In Your New Fafnir:
mwomercs.com/fafnir

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

All the MWO Models:
gamemodels3d.com/games/mechwarrior/

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Attached: A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR.png (483x633, 514K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=474&l=b9b7abd332566852f857969a7469019f7775100a
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=167&l=670ec92d485e30f8a6d36d02f76529600e808552
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=474&l=6a75e62b3ea19f562e3ced85a9e63c4ea5182669
kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=jsonbin1.5ab6f33dd04f8314ad0903f7#s=Weapons
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kayDfhevYJyd2Fj-I8SJWmtr600MY9mw7ekRhMuDH9s/edit#slide=id.g81cc8824b_0_0
twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/977403199119175680
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=681&l=88f11b119d415892e8c12623404220f53c0717c9
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=681&l=16f606e3a1682c9189028005b0e68e4e2dc13c58
youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5E7R6q9m0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for dead general

it's what they wanted all along

Attached: merry fucking christmas.jpg (750x877, 263K)

>tfw you remember the massive disappointment you felt over time when you finally played the game after buying your founders pack

Attached: ew.webm (480x600, 1022K)

What the hell with that webm, user? Ew?

i just named it something so id remember that it was the vomitting girl

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=474&l=b9b7abd332566852f857969a7469019f7775100a

inb4 too many heatsinks

wait a second are there two kong mumbles? the one in the OP is different from the one in the steam group

why so dead

dunno, I just copy+pasted from the last thread

Need new battletech game to not suck

Attached: kawaii desu.png (754x781, 824K)

>"too many heatsinks"
you are like a baby to me

Attached: I'llShowYouHeatsikns.png (1248x830, 645K)

I just started playing a few days ago.
I noticed I was making really good earnings for a while but now it dropped off.
How to get more cbills?

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=167&l=670ec92d485e30f8a6d36d02f76529600e808552

What did he mean by this?

tfw can't make webms look good

Attached: MechWarrior Online (64 bit) 24_03_2018 20_15_04.webm (1680x1052, 2.87M)

Attached: Fine.png (305x158, 12K)

>"bye"

Fucking madman

I just want to BRRRT with UACs and RACs in MWLL

>pull 600 dmg
Inmortan Joe voice rings in my head
>"Mediocre..."
>Pull 800 dmg
feel nothing
>Pull 1.1k
feel nothing
>Pull 1.3k
feel nothing

why do I even keep playing this game

Goddamn Abe is so fucking based.

Your first 25 games give you a cadet bonus, after those you only get the base pay. At this point, there's only two ways to significantly increase your earnings. The first option is by having premium time active, which is a paid service. You can sometimes earn a few days of premium time through events such as the one going on right now, or you can spend MC(this game's premium currency) on premium time which you can get from events as well, but that MC is best saved for the second option. The second option is using special mech variants that give a 30% boost to c-bill earnings. The most notable mechs with that 30% boost, are the specially named hero mechs, which you can purchase with MC. There are also other mechs that come with c-bill boosts, but most of them you only get if you pay for the more expensive mech packs.

Now, for full F2P earnings, there are lots of little things you can do in a match that provide small chunks of bonus c-bills. Doing things like destroying parts of enemy mechs(arms, legs, side torsos), sticking with your lance when they're fighting, sticking near teammates in general when they're taking hits, attacking enemies from a flank, targeting enemies for allied missiles to track, etc. will usually earn you at least around a couple thousand c-bills per action. These are things you'll be doing anyway, so you'll get them just by playing the game normally, but you could probably focus on trying to pump them out as often as possible to squeeze as many c-bills out of a match as you can.

I see.
Thanks.

I literally just activated my 60 days of founders premium time and its really strange to have so much. I make like 300k cbills on a shitty game in a hero mech

I still have like +120 days, which include all my founders time.

The saddest part is the founders mechs don't even look that cool compared to a lot of the hero mechs.

>talkin shit about founders cat

Attached: nemo serious.jpg (350x200, 27K)

been away for a while, are snipecrows meta yet?

Attached: Buggy J.png (1599x1199, 2.73M)

Ok, I've finally decided what I want

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=474&l=6a75e62b3ea19f562e3ced85a9e63c4ea5182669

kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=jsonbin1.5ab6f33dd04f8314ad0903f7#s=Weapons

Not sure if I should go for cool run or spend those points in armor nodes

Attached: howcanfoundersevencompare.png (1387x749, 2.12M)

>spending money on decals and paint that will (ideally) be fucked by laser fire

?!

cockpit items or bust

I'll never regret my urbie's lava lamp and hula girl

I love the halloween lights. I put them in all my favorite mechs

>hml
>3 of them
>only 3 heatsinks

yikes

Please stop making these threads. Thank you in advance.

y tho

post cockpits

Attached: post.png (1918x1082, 2.97M)

That's what the cool run and heat containment and two cool shots are for

I love the lights, but can't stand not having a warhorn. I wish there was a warhorn slot so I could have both. But the only thing that can go in that spot besides warhorns are those kind of lights, so they'd have to come up with some more stuff to put there for it to be really worth it.

Desu I don't get that many kills since I always play retarded lightweights and I'm trash so not having a warhorn is fine with me. I like having one in my Atlas though

I'm afraid I'll go to bed and this thread will die without my vigilant warch

im afraid too user. ive been trying to post a little bit more

Attached: PerfectScore.png (468x820, 127K)

Kong !
Stong !!

>tfw you always vote for the hottest map but niggers hate terra therma and just want to play on another ice map

wtf I'm T2 now

Kong Lorde status granted

Why does Clan suck so much in Invasion? So much for >clan tech.

Attached: file.png (503x463, 53K)

god like randomized squad

So what the fuck is Faction play? I want the rewards but I don't really want to join groups or talk to other human beings. I need to have 4 mechs of one techbase of different weights? How does that work solo?

Damn dude you're way better than me.

>tfw t5

Kong emperor status

docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kayDfhevYJyd2Fj-I8SJWmtr600MY9mw7ekRhMuDH9s/edit#slide=id.g81cc8824b_0_0

I guess we really have decided to stop keeping these threads alive

A mess, mostly.

Double Light Gauss Marauder is actually pretty funny. More DPS than an AC/20, and obviously much more range.

Heard that Sun Spooder is getting changed in April, but my search-fu is weak. Can someone post the info or where to find it?

Attempting to snipe from the outer edge of Bumfuckistan is about the only thing the Lgauss can do with any potential use, as it's still inferior to a regular Gauss most of the time, and Hgauss obviously has it's place as a "delete target" gun on assaults and heavies.

Russ's Twatter.

twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/977403199119175680

Danke, yeah, I don't follow him, then again I don't use Twitter.

Sounds good, I already like the Vanguard but it would be nice to have some use for the CT armour.

B-but the DPS...

Ironically, the SNS hitboxes are so weird you actually see people shaving CT armor to save weight.

Let's just consider for a moment how tremendously retarded that would be on anything with normal hitbox arrangements.

I'm really not sure what did they think when they were arranging them. Possibly it's just a mistake?

A mistake that would have been blatantly obvious even shooting one for about ten seconds in the Testing Grounds.

Which, coincidentally tells you how much testing they probably did, being PGI.

l0l

Attached: averageMWOplayer.jpg (568x249, 38K)

Nah, that's the average streamer that thinks because he links MWO and plays like a T5 shitter, he'll get more views.

Literally neckbearded.

>tfw was abroad on work trip the 27th of december last year and couldnt play and didnt get the free robots

Kill me pls

Attached: 1521858897648.png (500x684, 231K)

Yeah, sucks to be you.

The Roughneck was a take it or leave it, but the SNS is breddy gud fun. And prints money.

So get on. There's six billion of the things on. They'll kill you.

>The Roughneck was a take it or leave it
I never owned a RGH before so the free one is good fun. The thing is pretty tough, unlike the SNS.

You had about 50 hours to just log in and do a single match.

Wow it's almost like Quirks and PPFLD Heavy Gauss perform better than lasers that take two seconds to burn mounted onto a paper craft robot

I've been getting some great scores in the roughneck. SNS is made of paper and might as well not use it.

I want to like the SNS but it doesn't do anything better than my other clan heavies. Don't see the point in using it

It's a fire support mech. Lobbing ATMs from behind of some friendly assault works pretty well for me.

Well if you don't own many Heroes that 30% C-Bill bonus is nice.

>fire support mech

Every mech does great when it doesn't get shot.

Well, not every mech has a wide variety of very high mounted hardpoints.

>high mounts
>for ATMs
Ok.

Helps with lobbing them from behind your allies! That said, you don't have to ATM. I think most people run 2xAC10+LPL or ERPPC and just strip the arms.

SNS is gonna be more fragile than a tanky chassis like the Roughneck, and it's EXPLODING SIDES personified.

That being said, it's actually a darn good fire platform. Generally, it's big advantage is printing money because everyone's pretty much got a Vanguard core to build on while mounting some level of decent firepower, as it isn't so freaking over-engined to end up like the Blech Lamer.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=681&l=88f11b119d415892e8c12623404220f53c0717c9

No new pods needed, so you can skill it up fastest. I use this:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=681&l=16f606e3a1682c9189028005b0e68e4e2dc13c58

Nice solid games like this one. ATM 27 is pretty standard, no ghost heat, punches hard. The MPLs/LMGs are good for finishing stuff off/stripping out equipment on exposed parts. I'd probably be even happier with it once I can get reinforcement pods, sacrifice the MGs for ECM and move one of the ATMs to the opposite torso so each arm is a matching ATM 9/MPL pod.

Attached: MWO 03.21.2018-22.39.11.jpg (1280x720, 310K)

Do I want TAG for ATMs? or uhh, Target Decay in the sensors tree? I've never used lock on missiles before since LRMs have been trash garbage for years in this version of Mech Warrior

>Do I want TAG for ATMs?
It helps getting locks faster, yeah, so if you have a spare energy point it's a good idea.
>or uhh, Target Decay in the sensors tree
ATMs have a much lower arc than LRMs but some target decay still helps I think, there's a couple of nodes you can grab while getting the Radar Derp.

Attached: 1.png (1280x720, 64K)

I was away since 23rd of december all the way to 2nd january

You don't need radar dep, but you will want target decay. You can (and will) still flick ATMs over a hill and often into something trying to run away that may get over the hillcrest out of your sight, but not the missiles. Do get as much range as you can- ATMs lose damage with distance, but the points at which they do so get further away as you increase missile range. Getting an extra 40m sweet spot for max damage is nicer than it looks.

Also, stick to larger launchers when you can. ATM 9's get the best max salvo (27) without ghost heat, most mediums (a few lights) are good with ATM 18-24, heavies 24-36, assaults 36-48 (fire 2x12/12+9 and then the other half of the missiles to avoid ghost heat, but you can and should alpha on best shots when you can) tubes.

TAG is nice but if you're short on energy hardpoints not at all required.

should've asked your gf to play one match on your account

Adverteasing the mod, I see.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5E7R6q9m0

Pretty satisfied with my AC20+3 SRM6 hero and ATM27 + 2ML hero

Please respond I don't want to waste 13 million cbulls on a shitmech

>Play medium
>Incredibly relaxing games, just shoot fools and run around at the speed of light, works in every map
>Not very fun or frustrating

>Play heavy
>Tense as fuck "holy shit my team is leaving me behind I need to keep up", only really works in short range maps or matches without too much poke
>Very frustrating when it doesn't work but fun as fuck when it does

It's too hot, and no the fucking Cool Run won't fix it. You need SLs and more heat sinks.

Founders Atlas wins.

Attached: 1427330162043.jpg (1920x1200, 765K)

I like how every single Founders robot is either dog shit or barely viable.

holy shit this is genius
i hope theres more to come
how many mod squads are there now?

About 10 released. 3 of them mine. About 5-6 are with custom sprites. I think all squads I've seen teased on Discord have been released so far.

Attached: Erc5Y3g.png (1280x720, 195K)

>literally blobs

kys and don't kmp

But what does it mean?

hm i only know big guys, demolition team and now chess
what/where are the rest?

It means take your bazinga pixelshit and fuck off to your own general.

Don't listen to him