Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Blood and thunder Edition

New Players :
>Welcome to Heroes of the Storm!
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE

News :
>Fenix, Steward of the Templar confirmed!
>Now on PTR
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/fenix/
youtu.be/YiLiBMcXxj0

>Upcoming Hero Announcements
>(Next hero) Week of Apr 2nd (TBA) @ PAX East

>Sonya and Medivh Reworked
>Now LIVE!
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21508381/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21594628/

E-Sports :
>HGC: Heroes Global Championship 2018
esports.heroesofthestorm.com/en/
>Heroes of the Dorm 2018
heroesofthedorm.com
>Where can I watch?
Blizzheroes @ Twitch

Resources :
pastebin.com/aj8KNSYS
heroespatchnotes.com/

Community :
>Blizzard Social Tab
>NA - blizzard.com/invite/paGDfZaX
>EU - blizzard.com/invite/K0YLXSnvk
>In-game - Type "/join Veeky Forums" in the chat

Previous :

Attached: stephen-webster-gazlowe-vs-diablo-armagedon3.jpg (1920x1558, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=msFq8_IRebI
youtube.com/watch?v=3aBwWvLuvOM
youtube.com/watch?v=vzNcSvKCOyA
youtu.be/JcR1_PPbhTk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where the FUCK is Mei

Attached: Mei.jpg (774x1032, 123K)

Mei is an impregnation receptacle

> mommy has a gift for you

Attached: 66167720.jpg (557x1200, 404K)

lmao do you even read what you post before posting it?
Why wouldn't I be able to press D then W or D then E without taking an infinite mana quest I don't need and shield quest I don't need because I don't die?

git gud retard

Wher ethe FUCK is Blackthorne

Attached: 1512283073718.jpg (764x512, 60K)

>Overwatch added in new tank support
>Battlerite added in new tank support
>Uther is a useless "tank" support

youtube.com/watch?v=msFq8_IRebI
youtube.com/watch?v=3aBwWvLuvOM

Gib new supports >:(

Attached: Ulric.png (1920x1076, 2.47M)

SALAMI ASHALANORE

Attached: dmitry-bolotov-undex-kel-small.jpg (1014x1390, 367K)

Attached: SELAMA.gif (480x270, 1.52M)

This game is doomed.

Attached: qm_babies.png (1010x218, 22K)

Confess your sins, /hotsg/

Attached: 1515637119784.png (1229x1160, 63K)

I blamed team for about 4 out of my 9 losses on Friday.

I instalocked Genji on 1st pick

that is one husbando tier tank support
I think I'm gonna play this game now.
I wish league didn't make Taric gay

Coming back just for Fenix. Any word on his release date?

To the user last thread that was saying E is the build for Alextrasza. Why is it that W build and W talents have significantly higher win rates even at the highest brackets?

>Taric
>Gay
>Not having Rakan #1 husbando

Aren't all his quotes towards women about having sex ? He's just fabulous. Varus though, he is definitely gay.

youtube.com/watch?v=vzNcSvKCOyA

Attached: Best boy.png (1280x847, 648K)

because the guy is probably gold or platinum

>Trikslyr on anything other than Ragnaros
>Trikslyr in general

I enjoy the occasional bot game or two.

Attached: farming meat man.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

Varus used to be my husbando, he was a family man. Can't believe they ruined his lore. I like the song, but his lore....injustice.

W build works best when people are coordinated , E build is more selfish

>winrates
Hotslogs a shit

Johanna loli is cute and fun and she tries her best to tank for you!

Attached: johannaloli.png (1000x1414, 873K)

Attached: Police.png (1280x720, 1.03M)

I occasionally throw games when my teammates firstpick random garbage or things that have obvious counters, and then expect me to fill.

If you want to open with insanely selfish picks that aren't that good for the map, I'm just gunna play something I have fun on and not worry about wins.

Stop posting in these threads, you are banished from here

*expect me to fill warrior or support.

You firstpick tracer, sylvanas genji on something like bhb or braxis, I'm taking medivh.

I just get really tired of having to try to correct all the weaknesses of an awful comp, only for what is typically a 3stack of assassins to scream at me for not playing the way they want me to play.

I swear these people only play unranked when they have a warrior / support quest, and the rest of the time its QM onetricking a shit main.

>firstpick Genji
>on braxis
literally what's wrong with that ?

>genji is bad on braxis
is he now

Why is there option to disable team chat in a team game? Individual mutes already exist if someone is particularly toxic or harassing, but why is there a default option to cut off any communication? It's like Blizz is saying "okay here are these 4 people you need to cooperate with, also here's an option to ignore them all lol hf"

Attached: no.png (472x472, 119K)

Game is too fast paced to spend any amount of time typing. If you type more than 3 letters ever you are actively throwing.

You saying "um team???" Or whatever isn't useful, so chat can be disabled.

Pings are more than enough to communicate.
Most of the time all the time* team chat is useless, it's either shits like "gg lol", flaming or bronze knowledge.

Q build is shit, you're better off playing Morales. You take damage that knocks you under 75% health, now you have useless talents.
W build is shit, you can easily get countered for your largest heal nonstop. Ana still counters her hard, Garrosh, Lucio, ETC, who ever can knock the team out of W.
E build is the best build still, if you're not crap, you'll always be doing meaningful damage, ending on the charts middle or even in the top in damage. Dragon is always good to have up, so getting it up earlier than the base cd is always good.

It's in the social tab.

>Don't type while you're dead, you should be doing camps while dead
>Don't type while you're walking back from hearth
>Don't type while you're walking to an objective

Fuck off reddit

>literally what's wrong with that ?
He doesn't have waveclear, and it was more about the combination of the three, which leaves you with low waveclear, no solo laner and pretty poor teamfighting.

>that one guy who feels the need to type a fucking novel in the middle of the game

>Genji is bad on Braxis because he doesn't have waveclear
Friend...

Attached: condescending frog.jpg (802x688, 126K)

Typing while dead is the most worthless passive aggressive shit you could possibly do short of spam pinging around the map like a retard. Control yourself you autistic tard.

You pick Genji on braxis to win both lanes, who cares about waveclear (and you don't need 5 heroes with good waveclear on this map if you are losing, heroes like Gul'dan or Rag alone are enough.)

>typing while dead
Oh, boy. I can only imagine what useful information you might be attempting to convey.

Stop feeding that stupid throwing nigger (You)s

That it's actually useful or not to type in-game is irrelevant and not what is problematic in the design. You have an option to shut down communication in a TEAM based game where cooperation is paramount to victory. And your team can't know. It makes 0 sense for the option to exist, at least in ranked. Why encourage/condone antisocial behavior in a TEAM game?

>he has a wpm of less than 100
jesus christ dude get a grip

It makes sense because you and everyone else playing is part of a stupid race of fucking egotistical arrogant apes who thinks they are god's gift to this earth and to gaming so they shit up the chat and piss everyone off for the sake of fellating themselves in text on an online video game to make them feel less bad about sucking at said video game.

Doesn't matter if it's team based or not, the game is made for a cooperative team of 5 players who all play together and form synergies and relationships while playing over time in a competitive setting, not 10 bunga caveman double digit IQ retards solo queuing in. The fact that they HAVE to have such a feature in the game and it actually works miracles to cut down on tilting for most people (apparently not you) should tell you a lot about theplayers, not the game.

and counter with abathur

but user, genji is a sin in QM not in HL

>Climb to GM without voice or chat on

Chat is useless mate

>get an ana on my team
>lose

>get an ana on my dick
>cum inside

>supports having any impact in 2k18
ana at least minimizes the impact of feeding since she stays in the backline

>try to heal with Q
>people move all over,I miss, and they die.
I wish you could just target teammates and just auto them instead.

Attached: 0f1957cdbdaf6ea984bdce4facfb70fe--roy-lichtenstein-famous-art.jpg (500x500, 79K)

>he thinks genji is bad in braxis

Attached: 1520400646544.png (883x1167, 230K)

youtu.be/JcR1_PPbhTk

enemy team had a lucio
so yeah it mattered

I didn't say he was bad. I said he had a weakness. He *can* be okay, but only if that weakness is compensated for. The other picks listed alongside him do not compensate for his weakness, nor do they play into his strengths.

Genji tracer sylv ends up only hitting the frontline, and not hitting it hard enough that genji gets to go crazy with resets. A lunara or gul'dan would provide a decent bit of waveclear and potentially deal enough damage to everyone that genji does get to do his thing.

Braxis is a more exaggerated version of dragon shire. You need to win the map before you can control the beacons. You win the map by pushing the lanes hard. If you don't have a draft that can shove a lane really hard, genji doesn't get to wander over to the other lane without the lane he's in losing.

It is *always* more advantageous to push hard early than it is to rotate on those maps unless of course pushing will get you killed, then you just absorb the pressure in your lane and let your other lane win before rotating to help you.

It's literally one of his best maps, eat shit retard.
No one who says "I feed if I don't like what you pick" deserves to live let alone pretend they have valid opinions.

Attached: DKBGOPLVoAALnHT.jpg (689x600, 79K)

>poke heroes with good waveclear don't compliment genji or cover any of his weaknesses

Attached: images (2).png (211x239, 1K)

You seem to think I'm arguing about just the genji, rather than the whole trio picked together. You're not listening to me clarifying what the discussion is actually about, you're just getting angry about a separate topic altogether.

You're the retard here user.

Blaze is the only tank in this game. Nothing can beat that self sustain and armor/heal active. It's fucking ridiculous that he's allowed to stay that way.

>1 Chromie W
here, the minions wave is cleared.

Sylvanas and Tracer aren't poke and they don't have good waveclear.

He's good at a lot, but mostly just a walking ult

he's not from overwatch and not oppressive in QM so people don't care if he's broken, same for Diablo.

>sneak in and get a good engage on her
>get knocked half a screen away
>use gap closer to get back into range and start attacking her
>runs away at mach 1
is there a less fun character to play against?

Attached: stax.jpg (588x497, 105K)

>"I feed if I don't like what you pick"
That wasn't said. They said they pick similarly useless shit.

>You win the map by pushing the lanes hard
are you retarded? you win the map doing the objective because the objective help you to push.
Genji is a ganker hero and his mobility makes him one of the best heroes for Braxis because he can take the control of both lanes and the beacons.
I don't know what is your division but in high diamond mines and above (even in hgc) genji is almost always picked in this map

Attached: 1518689271297.jpg (800x599, 147K)

He moved the goalposts from being "if you first pick these" to "if you pick exactly these three heroes in a row as the first three picks of the match" and just assuming everyone was supposed to catch that without any indication in his post. Stop replying.

Attached: goal-posts-moving.jpg (640x426, 151K)

Attached: DGELwHmUAAA8bl0.jpg (800x600, 66K)

Who are you rooting for this year /hotsg/?
Who gonna take it all the way? (KRkucks need not apply)

Attached: espurts.jpg (1020x888, 201K)

Likely in the next Tuesday

Attached: 1521489434832.gif (500x381, 34K)

27th NA (28th early morning EU)

Are there any support picks that really shine on a specific map?

He's not getting into live in his current PTR state, r-right?

Morales is really good on Braxis.
Alex is broken on Shrines.

Alexstrazsa is really good on Infernal Shrine, Braxis, and Volskaya

I like to take Lucio on Cursed Hallow because the maze style layout means basically 100% trait uptime to be sanic speed.

I like Auriel on Dragon Shrine if I can avoid picking into Chromie and we get something nice liek Gul'dan.

Expect lots of orange text when the patch goes live, he will need significant nerfs.

I'm off to a good start you guys

Attached: Screenshot (3478).png (1007x121, 65K)

You misunderstanding the statement isn't moving the goalposts.

If you draft a random garbage comp and then expect me to fill support or warrior, sometimes I will just pick another similarly "bad" hero and let the comp flounder on the merits of you being unable to draft. That is my position; I gave an example of tracer genji sylv on a map like braxis.

There is an obligation to draft well. If you're going to draft selfishly / poorly and then demand that I still "fix" things, I will occasionally just say "no" and play something I find fun instead - which will probably be something like medivh.

>17 posters

Attached: 1521884255912.png (355x354, 46K)

Just got into this game, only level 21. The only characters I have are Muradin, Sonya, and Cassia. I have 4000 gold. Should I keep saving up or buy a hero?

There's several 2-4k heroes you can buy, but always try before you buy via free rotation. When you level a hero to level 5 you get 500g, so use that money from free rotation to then buy someone you really like instead of just trying to get every hero one at a time like a check list.

Buy the 2k good heroes.

just level up and the heroes will appear in the loot chests

I haven't played in months, is the standard Alex build full E spam?

Unless you want to springboard into draft modes or ranked play. buy shit you think you'll have fun on.

Qm is cancer though and I recommend avoiding the common noobtraps of nova and gazlowe. If you're going for drafts try to have 2-3 tanks, 2-3 supports, and 1+ mage and 1+ sustained assassin.

No, only one faggot in this thread do this shitty build.
The build is fun to play though

Save up, and play the heroes on free rotation, then spend gold on the ones you like. You wont like everyone, you should definitely have 2 heroes/role if you plan on doing ranked.

>Having to buy the champions

oof

Attached: xd.png (1078x148, 124K)

alright did this game really need a Black Panther(TM)?

Attached: Screenshot (3480).png (1920x1080, 2.07M)

Is there something that I'm missing about Ana? She's so terrible, a lot of talents focus on her auto-attack but even with max stacks you're only doing like 120 dps at level 20.
Her single target healing is bad because you have at best a 50/50 chance at hitting your target and her multi-target healing is pretty pathetic and better off stopping the enemy healer.
It takes like 10 second to kill a single ranged creep so she can't help clear waves or camps. You'd think if she's so pathetic at doing anything but sitting back and shooting that she would at least be good at doing that, but no.

>Going straight for the black woman
>Not going for the qt supports

cmonBruh It's Illidan

Attached: Semen demon.png (646x765, 917K)

>Expecting supports to clear waves

They nerfed that months ago mate. She's still good, just don't be shit at her. Jun still plays her, and pretty sure has a positive winrate, probably around ~60%+. Still gets her banned from him too.

Attached: Ana.png (593x414, 310K)

Fuck off and post in the right thread.

there is no thread

Then make one instead of shitting up another games thread. You being lazy isn't an excuse.

this thread is pretty shitty in general and you're making it worse

Brainlet new to the game here.
How do i grind levels and get me some chests?

Is it a good idea to go vs ai with low level heroes?

Attached: unnamed (5).gif (256x256, 640K)

Not an argument. Post in the right thread

Stimpacks.
And use your gems only to buy stimpacks.

Attached: 05050412.jpg (660x651, 75K)