Sea of Thieves General /sotg/

Thread #6: fan-made logo edition

seaofthieves.com/
Sea of Thieves is an action-adventure video game developed by Rare and published by Microsoft Studios for Microsoft Windows (10 only) and Xbox One.

Sea of Thieves is cross-play compatible with Windows 10 and Xbox One, so you can play with people on both.

News: twitter.com/SeaOfThieves

Old thread: Looking to join a crew? discord.gg/hycfgZt

Want to try the game free for 14 days(PC and Xbox)? xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-game-pass

Attached: Untitled.png (512x512, 363K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maps.seaofthieves.rarethief.com/
support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/sections/207311727-Bug-Reports
streamable.com/970ii
streamable.com/bi2vh
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for battleship when?

2nd for when is the next update?

MAP: maps.seaofthieves.rarethief.com/

Guys, I met Jontron. We had some drinks and he told me about dark people.

Attached: Sea of Thieves 3_24_2018 9_35_46 PM.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

This should be patched...

Attached: unknown (2).png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/sections/207311727-Bug-Reports

Whats the biggest thing you want added?

For me its being able to buy goods at an island and ferry them to another far away and sell them for a profit.

broadside refers to all guns on one side of the ship (and when they fire simultaneously) and not the long part of the ship. it used to mean the long bit above the waterline but this is not correct any longer

Attached: ScreenShot20160102at19.38.28.png (502x481, 24K)

Is there a method to play it without having to using windows 7?

What is the bug?

You mean Windows 10? By getting an Xbone.

Shipwrick's abillity to restock supplies by using gold.
NPC ghost ships/skelleton ships that attack you.
Bigger map with more islands.
Summoner/Mage Skelleton.

Having to stop using* windows 7
But I found some stuff about dual booting

Why not just use Windows 10? You can dual boot or try to run on a Virtual machine on Windows 7 otherwise.

>windows 10 VM
>gamepass trial
>new VM after 2 weeks
>???

Attached: 0016.jpg (1920x1080, 89K)

virtual machine wont work, cant go into details why since too tired, think it wont load drivers correctly

partition?

partition would work better actually, just do 30GB

If im an Australian will this be a dead game for me

you get to sail with the chinese pirates

from what ive read they are actually not that bad btw

Just become a pirate irl.

no

>fishing
>hunting
>whaling
>underwater structures
>skeleton ships that attack you and have decent loot
>voyages that involve sinking enemy ships for money
>restocking supplies for gold at an outpost
>catching and selling niggers

actual content

No bug, just abusing the Merchant Voyages

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

This looks like some ad against factory farms

Attached: 0014.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

One thing I find a bit boring is how you can only blow holes in the ship. That's the only thing you can damage on it. Imagine being able to damage the sails, the steering mechanism in general, the anchor, damaging canons etc.

seems like a physics nightmare.

would make it too hard for the casuals this games aimed at

Pro tip, just finished turning it all in for a 4.5K gold and maybe half a level of rep.

All in all, not really worth it.

just get outside grab some snakes barehanded and sell them

>galleon already outplayed by one man sloops
>let's give the intelligent players more way to fuck up people
I mean it would be cool but it's probably something that would be put in blackwake, not SoT

Attached: 1405549333394.gif (350x300, 1.97M)

I wouldn't expect any new content before the servers are actually in a stable state

I don't see how

I think good players should be rewarded though, but I guess the game wants to be very arcade and simple

They already are rewarded. I mean fuck, nobody ever stole one single item from me. Our galleon never sunk from a battle, i soloed multiple fully crewed galleons by myself. And i don't even think that i'm that good. Any really good player would just trash me. It's just that the game is full of xbox players and casuals.

3man Schooners WHEN

Yeah animals are worthless if they're not actually part of the voyage. I've had one chicken sell for 24 gold and another for 16. Completely worthless.

A lot of the merchant stuff seems bad or bugged. Even the "crate of cannonballs" which I figured would've been really valuable, sold to them on an actual contract, only returns like 200 gold. Meanwhile a single keg of gunpowder WITHOUT any contract is worth nearly the same amount, but worth like 900 gold if returned as part of a contract.

I think the problem is that a lot of the merchant stuff isn't in the game yet. There was a bunch of food items data mined and you're probably supposed to end up getting a bunch of stuff for the merchant any time you go out on a voyage.

It's cross play and we have oceanic servers, of course not

>man galleon with friends
>sunk at least 7 galleons last night while defending our loot and doing a skeleton fort

I guarantee they were xbox players with the way they had to stop and aim to shoot us when they tried their boarding attempts. No one on PC can play that badly.

Also, xbox players tend to hotmic always which makes them painfully obvious when they try to board.
>"GUYS I'M BOARDING THEIR SHIP"
>we get two guys to poke over the side and put a pistol to their head as they climb up

>go for a raid with 3 other mates
>there's another galleon there doing the raid
>we shoot a guy over to negotiate a truce
>they deny it, claim they've been there for an hour and want it for themselves
>mate tells them they've just signed their death warrant
>FIRE CANNONS
>fighting ensues for the next hour
>ANOTHER galleon shows up
>new galleon accepts a truce
>2v1, fighting for the next half hour, enemy ship gets rekt in the end
>we finish the raid through all the chaos
>as we are getting the loot and splitting it up the enemy galleon comes back and sinks our ally
>Everyone (our team and the ally team) boards our ship with the loot - crew of 8 people.
>we book it for an outpost as the enemy galleon gives chase
>we split up the loot fairly and trade it all in just before the enemy galleon reaches us
>we kill them and their galleon for one final showdown

Holy fuck. And people say this game is boring. I've never had anything like that happen in a game before.

Its largely a social based game like DayZ back in the day was. Of course fucking boring people will find it boring.
I saw someone in a previous thread complaining that "if your friends are the content, you're wasting your money" -- its true that friends make the content so much better, but without that base content, your friends probably would be doing something else that has the same effect.
People like to *do things* together, rather than just sit in an empty room in a circle.

I sunk a lot of PC ships today

>pc is better meme

Yeah you have better aim and easier controls, but in the end all that matters is strategy. If your team is smart you will win 9 times out of ten.

Depends on how much better your strategy is.
Strategy is more like 6-7/10 of the battle. Skill & luck still matters.

first time playing, where do I find maps? I took 3 quests but I got no maps. Pic related.

Attached: nomaps.jpg (1920x1080, 313K)

Go to ship, vote for voyage, get maps

I'm playing solo

You have to vote for it in your captains quarters. If you're playing with other people it's majority rules.

Still. Go to ship, vote for voyage, get maps.

Don't question, just fucking listen.

Even then, the galleons that we faced at sea we always outmaneuvered and got our guns on their bow or stern.

Boarding is where the difference in control schemes really shows as that is entirely based on how well you can move around and aim.

>cant small-ship with 3 players
>galleon feels painful with 3 players

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

>painful
I've only ever tried Galleon so far with my pals, but it seems okay.

sounds like you gotta get your friends to start actually paying attention
you can 3 man a galleon easily enough by having the steering person manage the back sail while the other 2 manage the bottom 2 sails with the first guy being on anchor duty
basically you want everyone on the ship to be able to understand what each part of the boat does and why and when you gotta do that shit

report this man for crimes

Attached: criminal.webm (600x336, 2.34M)

I agree with the sails part at least. Damaging sails could be a good mechanic, with cloth being added in as another repair item like wood planks, and having damaged sails would slow your ship down the same way pulling them up does.

after they implement (((microtransactions))) :^)

>the chicken
he must hang

Attached: 1018078-roshi_2.jpg (425x407, 63K)

Microtransactions is coming with the 1st major update and is only for cosmetics

This game has too many normies in it.

don't worry once you quit there'll be one less

>basically you want everyone on the ship to be able to understand what each part of the boat does and why and when you gotta do that shit
yeah this is why it feels awful

dunno if it was lag or something but the pvp is really unenjoyable also

>hit someone
>they run away and snack on bananas in the middle of combat ad infinity

>board a galleon
>kill 3 people and then play yackety sax with the 1 guy remaining, then his teammates respawn

You have to be 18 or over to post here user.

>a general of this shit game
pfttt hahahahaha

says the guy complaining about normies

Attached: shiggy.jpg (250x250, 17K)

Proximity chat makes this game great

streamable.com/970ii

Attached: 1472709002497.jpg (600x543, 26K)

The main incentive to board another ship is to disrupt their ability to do important roles on the ship, tactics like being a danger but not actually attacking or dropping their anchor work very well.

fighting puts you in danger of being killed and unable to harass or help you ship, killing times them out which can be cruicial if their on the verge of sinking, the best strategy is to make some holes then board and harass them so they can't fix it, instead of trying to spawn kill them.

Yeah this shit saved my life a couple times

>load in
>start up voyage
>ship already pointing at it
>within view
>wind on my back as well

how do you get back faster in this situation?

Attached: fuck wind.png (874x364, 6K)

By Objective, you mean your ship, right?
You apply Tacking, go diagonally half the distance, and go towards the objective with the sails the other way

I dunno if it would really be faster, but if the wind isn't dead in front of you a curve like that could make you faster.

Attached: 1521993530590.jpg (874x364, 25K)

If you're an xboxfag are you screwed when it comes to playing with /sotg/? I joined the discord and everyone plays in discord vc, which isn't an option for xboxfags and gamechat isnt really an option either since hotmicing gives away your strategy 9 times out of 10

Some guy suggested the other day that people on windows 10 download the xbox app and start an xbox party on there, which would work, but I dont think anyone took him up on it

Attached: view35.jpg (1920x1080, 1.55M)

>tfw no hood in-game so you cant edward kenway cosplay

>there isn't even a single fucking bandana
c'mon devs

because its such a fucking cash in

>If you're an xboxfag are you screwed when it comes to playing with /sotg/?
no

elaborate on that

Have a mic. Thats all you really need. A step farther is if you have a laptop and are playing in discord so you dont have to use ingame comms.
Because sometimes you need to announce your strategies within earshot of enemies, and when you tell your team, "Im crawing up their ladder!" is a lot worse when you are announcing to them where you are

But how do you play with your mic plugged into discord without having to blast gamesound through your TV? Or if you're using ingame comms depending on where your crew is from irl it can get really choppy if there's regional differences. It's seems you're always somewhat screwed in a way

>blablablabla
microsoft isn't that dumb. They'll definitely add shit, shit that still should be in right now, but they'll do it.

streamable.com/bi2vh
>xbox players

>microsoft isn't that dumb

Attached: 1520968958723.png (700x700, 35K)

(You)

Attached: bpf77htiwkgkmexhr288.jpg (800x450, 46K)

did you already forget about the last banjo game that came out

Those are clearly PC kids

>mic plugged into discord, without gamesound through your TV
Desk mic and headphones

Remember Recore & Recore Definitive edition? They won't abandon the game.

Yes. I skipped most of the shit platformer series since it's a pretty shit genre.

That was like 10 years ago. So?

name me a game company that has gotten BETTER over the last 10 years

Rockstar
CD Project

It'd still be a lot easier if Discord VC got abandoned in favor of Xbox Parties on the Xbox App

My ship sunk, where do I get a new one?

Mermaid. Look for the flare