/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

>News
Popular model wins the latest JP Splatfest!
New weapon: Zink Mini Splatling is available! Sub: Curling Bomb; Special: Ink Storm

>Wiki
splatoonwiki.org/

>Patch notes
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

>S2 gear & weapon lists (contains unreleased weapons)
leanny.github.io/splat2/
leanny.github.io/splat2/newgear.html

>Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
loadout.ink/

>List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

>League weapon usage data
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k78z_Nz7xDXcSSK5lCtNMKwNE0tRea_vHf6cavl8KLI/edit#gid=255836450

>Add your FC to the list of FC below:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

>List of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: 65425514_p0.png (1600x1600, 1.39M)

This SR rotation looks shit-tastic. I think I'll host one anyway though.

Speedy is early!

Attached: 1521467693393.jpg (179x255, 16K)

I won't miss a single rotation as I'm new. I'm not playing with you guys though as I'm rightly afraid of performing poorly and making everyone not want to play with me in the future.

Do you play for some fictional in-game currency? Or for a good challenge?

according to this general, every single SR rotation is shit

Mask has arrived.

Attached: Mask.jpg (464x675, 75K)

Friends with Octolings!

Attached: 67760683_p0.jpg (481x470, 268K)

I'll play with you user

Can your yebfriend also be early? Or is that not his thing?

Friends only. Interspecies romantic relationships will not be tolerated

if i pull that off will you die

He is saying you can't have one component without the other. With light there is also dark, yin yang etc

Attached: 1521988536849.jpg (863x767, 144K)

It would be extremely painful.

That user meant "friends with benefits with octolings"

Attached: __iida_splatoon_and_splatoon_2_drawn_by_sasaki_shou__78d3b3f32869969dd4624a3892e8ef8c.png (1612x1504, 2.29M)

She looks white here

So what is going to happen at X rank? Is everyone going to be instinct mode when they get there?

Attached: U5drJnJfP2xbqVo4bqic8jFWxyD63Ds.gif (576x324, 1.45M)

Of the two, hate is stronger. Ironically it is at its strongest when born from love , or the loss of it

good

That's illegal and gross. May as well fuck a Salmonid

Attached: 1449969218401.png (527x495, 448K)

I just want to have fun and don't like wasting my time. I wouldn't be complaining if the bonus wasn't so insulting compared to the effort you put forth. Would it really be so bad to give the winning team 2500 and the losing side 1000? You can't have winners without losers

Attached: Treasure Yebbie.png (652x744, 848K)

ok

Attached: salmonidluv.png (458x373, 190K)

Don't worry about that. Plenty of people perform poorly and play with us anyway! I'd say as long as you average over 500 power eggs, 15 golden eggs and don't constantly die then the performance is around your average /ink/ling. Sometimes dying is not your fault though. You either get unlucky or you pull a real shit hand for a wave. Like high tide on smokeyard with a range blaster. Not much you can do with that in terms of survivability.

Sometimes people here play at max difficulty though and to win there the average egg count needs to be 17+. Quota is generally not the problem there though. Getting overwhelmed by boss spam is.

Attached: 1519174734220.jpg (4236x4000, 1.89M)

Joining an octoling in bed!

Attached: 52056721_p0.jpg (800x800, 142K)

Attached: everything from direct.jpg (2656x4170, 2.39M)

That's no mere ling, that's an Octomom

Where's Vengeance when you need him?

Attached: 1436198415655.png (485x347, 96K)

I missed the psycho mantis mask so much.

Attached: asdiandyx DYBOCtKUQAAh9Nq_orig.jpg (800x563, 77K)

Attached: 1505216536899.png (474x518, 195K)

One day I'll have a Woomy. I'm not ready yet, but one day.

>people said the bubble was bad when it was first introduced
>now its one of the most useful special with lots of utility

Attached: 15101769_573083566223603_4781724834532950016_n.jpg (364x364, 62K)

What's in the toxic mist? It's best you don't ask.

Attached: 20180322_072556.jpg (526x701, 146K)

>japs on twitter begged and cried for hydra
>finally comes out
>it's shit

Attached: 1372207714091.jpg (519x600, 76K)

That's not right

Attached: Switch Screenshot 2018-03-25 10-19-18.png (1920x1080, 3.21M)

what the fuck is that hat on the bottom row? some kind of yodeler hat? it looks so stupid and unnecessarily big, i cant wait to wear it

Attached: spoons rattling.jpg (639x628, 44K)

Attached: 465320419-1-_custom-58bea74649a8ea970dd8cc0b6ccffa1e04e1f3e6-s300-c85.jpg (300x392, 24K)

Wait the save hacks are actually visible to other players? Why haven't I seen octolings walking around yet?

based yodelanon

Its a ranger hat

hydra is good though???

Attached: duck.jpg (960x430, 56K)

>update drops
>Everyone goes nuts for X and new gear
>thats all anyone talks about
>suddenly next grizzboi job time comes around
>everything going normal
>suddenly in one of the waves grizz says "Wait, something aint right..."
>An entirely new boss or known occurrence happens and everyone has to figure out how the fuck to beat it
>after a week passes it gets regular dialogue for how to beat it and becomes a permanent edition to SR
How would you react?

It's good now when they realised that nerfing an already questionable weapon is not a good idea in any way, shape or form. On release it shaved a whole second off the shooting time.

Hydra wasn't even good in the first game until Custom came out with sprinkler/bubbler

And now it doesn't have a quick build invince

the right sleeve ruins this shirt

Attached: S2_Gear_Clothing_Front_Zip_Vest.png (256x256, 58K)

I'd shit myself for new SR bosses because they'd take the place of some of the current bosses that I fucking despise.

i like it

All of the bosses are fair and balanced. Except Flyfish.

It's asymmetry, like that samurai cosmetic for the soldier in tf2

Asymmetry has never been superior to symmetry in fashion.

Reminder that work at Grizzco is not guranteed nor supposed to be fair, fun or frustration-free.

It's a basketball sleeve. Basketball players wear them even though they serve no practical purpose. They wear it for looks.

Curling bomb rush is horrible holy shit

>emulating basketball americans
don't do this in my squib game pls

Just ask for advice, we like explaining salmon run tactics. You probably need to be able to reasonably handle profreshional by yourself though, purely because the average wave difficulty will be quite high with most people here.

I want my tiny pop idol top hats

african americans have the best fashion sense and this game borrows heavily from them as a result.

The right sleeve makes that shirt hot.

That is just plain untrue. They have literally zero fashion sense. The only reason you'd think they do is because you're being programmed to by too much exposure to media.

>instantly killed by nzap not even looking at me
HOW
>on the killscreen he's moonwalking and ink is just randomly appearing after he shoots

You shouldn't be able to play this game on hotspot or wifi

HERES SOME HANDY DANDY "HOLY FUCK HOW DO I CARRY THESE ASSHOLES IN RANDOMS" FOR SLAMJAM RUN
1. Your partners are probably retarded, accept a potential lose, this will help your bp stay low
2. Be prepared to have the lowest gold egg score, because you're going to be busy killing all the stingers, flyfish and umbrella bois all by yourself!
3. On the low chance that you think you have enough time to grab and egg, make sure you leave a bomb behind. The average randumb is physically incapable of shooting while moving forward when they see an egg, and will often jump right into a crowd of salmon . Make things a little easier for them to be as braindead as possible.
4. If its a goldie hunt, accept that sometimes life isnt fair.
5. Same goes for grillers
6. After inevitably loosing 10 times in a row, just cut your loses and wait exclusively for groups on /ink/ or your favorite splatoon related discord.
Happy hunting dickhead!

Attached: 400 profreshional.jpg (585x608, 41K)

>cream & black high tops
>black bandana
>more plain shirts and hoodies
>flip cap & shades
>ski goggles
>gas mask
Late April can't come soon enough. Although I'm not looking forward to Annie's shop when it does.

Thank you doctor

fuck bamboozlers

>play SR with an /ink/ group once
>play awful
>they probably hate me now
>never join again

There are items from release that still don't have abilitiy released. They need to revamp splatnet

I don't hate you

Do you
>Prioritize stingers, flyfish and umbrella bois?
>Call "OVA HEA" during foggy times?
>NOT open every fucking spout during goldie hunt?
>Use stingray on the mothership?
If you answered pic related to all of these questions then Confagulations, you're more useful then 90% of the people you can find on a typical random lobby, get your ass in the group.

Attached: yes.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

This is what I seek to prevent from happening to me.

Attached: 1456196227853.jpg (408x439, 50K)

That's my problem with it. There are at least a thousand possible combinations, yet some combinations don't yet exist and we still see repeats often.

>using stingray on the mothership

Eh

No panties!

Attached: Switch Screenshot 2018-03-25 11-02-05.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

nvm im learning to use it, its fun

I can't fathom why anyone would make that gear loadout.

They probably switched over to it before doing the drawing so people could order it off of them.

They can keep it the same for the most part and just give the player a custom order slot to pick out any gear/ability that's legal and have them cost snails instead of money. They can add a wait time of a few days to balance it out and keep the random gear system useful.

I had a pure special saver set in Splat 1 for the Trislosher. Bubbler on demand.

In this game.. I dunno. There is no special I care for that much to even use one sub of it. Bubble Blower already has a somewhat saver if you get splatted mid use.

Stingray is best used from spawn.

oh, you're that faggot who always says "superjumping is a waste of time", yep definitely better to dedicate an entire gear loadout to dying and inking around your spawn

nvm its literally impossible to use in that stupid humpback fuck track against blasters

N Zap useful everywhere

n zap is for mouth breathers or people with zero taste

Special Saver is guaranteed. QSJ isn't,

You're thinking of Squelchers.

I'm just waiting until I unlock the next Splattershot Pro at level 20 then switching to that. N Zap has been my go to for a while now but I did some time with Aerospray MG and Enperry Dualies.

cool
i assume that theres always a robot playing a jet squelcher, theyre so easy to automate and have nothing fun to do

Bwasta aaaarrrr!!!

Attached: fa152d3.jpg (720x1280, 97K)

t. close range shitter

Niggerblood

No, that fag saying superjump stingray is pointless is me, and I too find that loadout thoroughly stupid. It's not hard to find a safe spot without completely removing yourself from battle. Plus it's CJet, one of the most survivable weapons out there.

I just want to reenact the glory days of Splat1. Zap is the closest to a Splat1-grade weapon out there, in big part thanks to its strafe speed.

>It's not hard to find a safe spot without completely removing yourself from battle.
You're right. The Special Saver is insurance in case you're unable to get to a safe spot, or if you die mid-stingray.
Not like any Stingray weapon is very gear-dependent.

Woomy succ

Attached: 122548768342.png (664x538, 202K)

Someone post the gif. You know the one.

Or, you know, invest in actually good abilities? Run and swim speed, ink resistance, special charge/tenacity, hell, Respawn Punisher if you feel mad enough.

whats so good about using stingray at spawn anyways
just more visibility?

Respawn punisher is a fucking meme just like everything else related to abilities in this game except speed boost. It caps at like +1.5 seconds added to respawn.

complete safety, easier aiming, visibility

Special Power Up is good. Sub Saver too.