Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Monster Hunter: World
[3/23] Tempered Deviljho Quest 'Relish the Moment' added. 100% chance at getting Streamstones. Get to farming!
[3/21] Deviljho and weapon rebalancing in update 2.00 - capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2018/03/21/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Attached: jhohandler.png (785x1200, 884K)

>not wanting to punch arrows at bitches
What's wrong with you?

Kill screens

Attached: rip.jpg (1200x675, 58K)

>beating on temp jho for a solid 20 minutes
>finally starts limping away
>sleep bomb him and he doesn't die
>cap him instead
am I just a shitter or does he have a ridiculous amount of HP?

beautiful, I bet the guy that commissioned the pukei-handler pics is crying now

>cb phials get nerfed
>maybe now people will learn the true patrician playstyle
>lolno still unga bunga SAED constantly
>and miss more than half of them

Grug doesn't know what he's missing.

Attached: 1433074612177.jpg (960x960, 32K)

Fuck/Marry/Kill

Attached: three faces of the handler.jpg (1861x508, 693K)

Jho has always had bloated HP in just about every MH game.

In that order

he has bloated HP + extra for the special event

I am so fucking bored and tired of farming decorations and dealing with decoration tables and just this fucking terrible end game farming in general, i'm just gonna drop the game right there.

Attached: PS_Messages_20180325_152824.jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

What's a fun weapon to use against Jho? I hate whacking his damage-resistant shins and the fucking bow side step thing is getting me killed when I just want to roll by his chin sweep thing.

Been away from the game a couple weeks, just killed every Deviljho possible so I've gotten enough mats to craft most of his shit.

But I'm puzzled. Is there a use for ANY of his weapons? I don't understand their niche. They don't have the highest damage for most of them, they don't have crazy elemental value, elderseal lol, yet they all have -30% affinity. What is their niche exactly?

Likewise, what is the point of his gearset? I don't see anything cool on the Beta one while the Alpha one would be nice if it had slots.

I'm really confused regarding the usefulness of this monster's drops.

Attached: 1512276982394.png (326x381, 229K)

Marry Pukei
Fuck Jho
kill Jagras

where the xbros squad at

Attached: 1521067145635.gif (200x200, 3.44M)

>When you first met her
>When she lets you know she's pregnant
>Your abomination of an offspring

What was the source of that decapitated handler pic?

the answer:
a gun
and if that don't work, use more gun

>>lolno still unga bunga SAED constantly
Blame Capcom for keeping it the most optimal playstyle even with the nerfs

I miss MHX Striker CB, please bring Ichinose for 1 patch Capcom

How do I do an AED with a red shield? I've done it accidentally a few times but I'm not sure how and don't see anything in the weapon controls.

Do attack decorations even exist aside from the one they give you?

So what's the difference between impact phials and power element phials?
The use of Deviljho's drops is to make your palico look like a psycho ranger.

back+triangle during saed

yes i just got one

>Is there a use for ANY of his weapons? I don't understand their niche. They don't have the highest damage for most of them, they don't have crazy elemental value, elderseal lol, yet they all have -30% affinity. What is their niche exactly?
Not sure if bait but I'm biting so no retards are misinformed.

Jho weapons are some of the few that can compete with the cookie cutter NEB sets at the moment. Even with the negative affinity they're likely going to be the best choice for many weapon types looking for TA play since with Affinity Booster Jho weapons hit ludicrously hard.

Beyond that the Bow is great for general play because of its ludicrous raw + element + elderseal, the Horn is quickly proving to be probably the best since it has great damage + great songs.

Woah, I forgot to check the Palico, it does look like the Pink Psycho Ranger. Based.

>See a jap with HR622

How.

Fap room still up?

Anyone?

There was a Jap that was 999 less than a month in.

Which HBG do i craft and why?
What are some HBG skills to grab?

All right, I'm missing a few information here to properly understand:

- What is NEB?
- TA play?

I'm not baiting, I'm trying to understand. People around me use full gear sets of a monster so I can't really ask anyone but people here if I want to understand how to not play the game like shit.

But what you're telling me even if I can't understand it fully is still pretty useful, I'll keep farming him until I understand what "NEB" and "TA play" are.

I can't seem to get the Phantom Flutterfly or Forest Petryx to spawn. Send help.

Attached: Eh.png (400x400, 78K)

>Devil Jho lance looks like a tower
>it is fucking CALLED Fiendish Tower
>/mhg/ keeps comparing it to a horse dick

Why is /mhg/ so full of degenerates?

Attached: Pallas Cat.jpg (1200x900, 334K)

Just means you've never seen a horse dick or a horse dildo.

There is an xbone /mhg/ session and squad.
ID:3vshmKWYQLQX

Maybe if it didn't look like a tower made out of a horse's dick, things might be different.

Non elemental boost
Time attack play

>First wyverian ritual is not randomized.

Are you kidding me.

how do you grind that much?

yeah right. Next you're going to tell me that nergigante's horns don't look like engorged dog penises.

Attached: 1519476634695.jpg (1920x830, 203K)

That's true for most of /mhg/ since we're not all degenerate faggots like you.

>using jho cb
>burn phials on ED weaving combos
>drop the last phial or two with SAED

I don't know if this is the "patrician playstyle" but I'm having fun. That double-tap on the down swing is too satisfying.

Attached: 1432340942169.jpg (520x520, 100K)

Account sharing, probably.

Attached: 57214265.jpg (838x1335, 698K)

>we
you, just you

It also flares when unsheathed.

I’m not mad about tempered jho hitting like you expect him to. I’m mad that he has like TWICE the amount of health he normally has. I don’t mind long hunts, but when my T Jho hunts usually go around the 20 minute mark… it’s really boring

Is the melding save backup trick safe to do? I've done it once before and now have enough streamstones that I want to try again but apparently it can corrupt your save.

>Lashing out this much for no actual reason
Classic /mhg/ lol. You need to take a break from being on this site and probably your computer in general. Go take a fresh breath of air outside and relax a minute. You don't need to live life going full aggro at random, anonymous people on the internet lol.

Xbox One /mhg/ squad is open and recruiting! Will post this thrice a thread! Session ID: 3vshmKWYQLQX
Join for tempered hunts, the /mhg/ squad, arena quests, arm wrestling and more!!

just give me the Mighty charm please god dammit

ma boi jho finally gave me a gem

one question remains, charge blade or lance?
i don't give a fuck about optimal, i have a divine slasher for metashittery

Attached: MHW-Deviljho_Render_001[1].png (982x604, 642K)

End game in world is just boring in general.

I got into HR recently, I have a Giant Jawblade I , a Barroth Shredder and an elementless jewel 2. I can put the decoration in the the Jawblade but not the Shredder but why?
They both have a hidden but unactive element
>towers aren't phallic
I'm surprised we haven't build a giant tower so it looks like the earth has a dick yet

t. babby who has never done GQ140 Jho

Deviljho Lance is the single best Lance in the game.

>I'm surprised we haven't build a giant tower so it looks like the earth has a dick yet

Attached: FrontierGen-Sky_Corridor_Background.jpg (1920x720, 127K)

i started fighting tempered elders with my normal gs armor augmented and maxed out, is there anything else i should be doing? also what the fuck i literally have streamstones for every weapon type with duplicates other than for swords

>What is NEB?
Non-elemental Boost. It's the set bonus for the Diablos armor and it increases your weapons raw damage by 10% assuming it doesn't have any elemental damage or status effects on it / has either that are un-awoken.

Nobody uses the set however since the skill drops as a gem and it's core to many of the best general purpose builds at the moment - partly because elemental damage is a bit underwhelming outside of Bow + Dual Blades.

>TA play?
Time Attack, speed hunting basically. Since MH is pretty free-form and you can succeed building however you like and using what you want, people use TA times as a general measure of power when comparing builds. Basically the faster a particular build can get a TA kill the higher its general power level is considered by the community.

>People around me use full gear sets of a monster so I can't really ask anyone but people here if I want to understand how to not play the game like shit.
Eh, it's all about personal experience really, if using fashion sets is how you like to play / you find success in it more power to you. /mhg/ just likes circle-jerking the "best builds" and showing off their clown suits of mixed gear for optimal skill combinations.

>You don't need to live life going full aggro at random, anonymous people on the internet lol.

Any particular build for it?
I currently only run the Odoggo Lance with Attack 4, Crit Boost 3, WE3, Guard Up, and NEB + Teo set bonus

What GS should I go for in MH4U

okay??

what's a good glaive in world i haven't played the game in weeks and was already tired of hammer before i left, plus it's not very good for pickle.

>I got into HR recently, I have a Giant Jawblade I , a Barroth Shredder and an elementless jewel 2. I can put the decoration in the the Jawblade but not the Shredder but why?
Because different weapons have different numbers of decoration slots and some weapons don't have any at all. Beyond that the value of those slots also changes (1, 2, 3).

Barroth Shredder 1 only has a rank 1 deco slot so the rank 2 Element-less Jewel won't fit in it. However where the jewel is in your build doesn't matter so just shove it in another 2+ slot somewhere in your armor and you'll be fine.

Attached: Capture+_2018-03-23-10-22-22.png (777x588, 413K)

>Most hunters choose to use the Insect Glaive.
>Conversely, very few choose the Light Bowgun.
>DBs rank 6th at 8% usage

Anyone have the full set of stats for this?

Cera Symmetry or Seregios's

Diablos, Jho, and Kirin glaives are pretty good.

turn on your brain you twat
getting one slot in your weapon doesn't enable you to run another point of crit boost because it's only a 1 slot

If endgame, pick your poison

Attached: The Memeswords.png (1357x378, 284K)

why are you sperging out? I got CB2 by putting a slot in the bow. This isn't hard to understand or something to throw a tantrum over

ATTACK 6 AND HORN MAESTRO 1

VS

ATTACK 7 AND NO HORN MAESTRO

I want to learn Dual Blades, is elemental the way to go? Which ones are the best ones right now?

anyone want to farm arena or t3 investigations xbox

>TA
Why does the MH community call it that anyway? Is this some kind of Japanese meme? In any other game this is called a speedrun.

Attached: Teostra's Orphee.gif (159x159, 115K)

Should I even bother getting augments? The boosts seem trivial for the effort involved with getting them and I'd rather just make more stuff.

Attached: 1503618616727.gif (700x600, 833K)

God I love the babel spear.

>associating yourself with the international tranny foundation

Of joy? They sure are.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense.
None of my equipment has a rank2 slot yet though so I'll have to stick with the Jawblade.
Thanks

you only get a 1 slot decoration slot if you augment your weapon for slots you utter and complete fucking retard

The general will tell you that Jho weaps are best out of all. They are memeing you. They are literally all trash weapons. The armor too.

It shouldn't be taking you 20 minutes

time attack comes from racing and japs fucking LOVE racing

Horn maestro

>mfw experiencing a hunt with speed eater

Fucking hell, this is more QoL than earplugs. This will be impossible to come back from.

Attached: 2dd.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Because it was always called time attack, even in other games before trannys decided they need a special word for it

>I want to learn Dual Blades, is elemental the way to go?
Generally speaking yes. Take 2 piece Rath set for Critical Element and build from there - Critical Boost, Weakness Exploit, Attack Boost, Elemental Attack Boost etc.

>Which ones are the best ones right now?
Fastest TA times are actually with the Bazelguese DBs which isn't an elemental build at all but if you want to use any other weapons while playing still build element.

Jho DBs are crazy good at the moment, Bazel is of course but omit all elemental skills when using them and the various other elements work well when fully augmented + used against their respective weaknesses.

Avoid using Sin if you can help it - it's noob bait because it looks cool but the only way to make them work is to use Awaken Element and it's a massive waste of skill slots for not much gain.

Yea I just saw that jho's is pretty good. Might as well kill him a few times.
>Think I have all the mats for blos branch
>Have to go kill some LR fish and blos

It means Time-Attack.
Old games like Shadow of the Colossus used Time-Attack to represent performing a single boss fight as quickly as possible, and many racing games used it to mean running a single track.

Speedruns usually imply you're going through the whole game, whereas Time-Attack implies a limited instance of the game.

Where are you in the game tho

If you're starting out then honestly just build the ones with the best attack and sharpness.

As soon as you hit Tigrex, make that. The Tetsu/Uragaan one will do you well until then.

Then when you finally hit high rank, make the hermitaur one because that will shit all over whatever else you have available at that point.

That's all I can remember (and as far as i've gotten on this playthrough) so I can't say beyond that.

I can't let go of my anti-stun decos. Its saved me too many times

if the set before the slot augment had AU4/DA2/CB1,

and then the set with a slot augment has AU4/DA2/CB2,

then the slot augment allowed me to fit in CB2

am I going slow enough for you, my angry friend

What's a good helmet for a GS user?
Right now I'm just aiming for the glasses for that crit.

Attack

Give me a reason to not keep using Diablos's CB.

Question about HH use:
What should I do once I've put up all max buffs? Just hit the monster using regular attacks without actually creating a melody?

Attached: MONKEYBUTTTRUMPET.jpg (350x277, 27K)

then you're running some garbage set that has a 1 slot decoration in a 2 slot socket and is missing out on a skill