What is the ideology of the ubermensch?

What is the ideology of the ubermensch?

Other urls found in this thread:

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1016/0191-6599(92)90250-G?journalCode=rhei20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anti-nationalist, militant atheist, pan-European fascism.

>Anti-nationalist
?

Nietzsche doesn't like nationalism.

Not liking the current state of your state (modern government) =/= anti-nationalist.

Not him but Nietzsche was fanatical in his opposition to state worship.

>We who are homeless are too manifold and mixed racially and in our descent, being "modern men," and consequently do not feel tempted to participate in the mendacious racial self-admiration and racial indecency that parades in Germany today as a sign of a German way of thinking and that is doubly false and obscene among the people of the "historical sense."
He didn't like nationalism.

No, Nietzsche just straight up didn't like nationalism. i would hazard that he hated popular-centred nationalism (like Nazism) even more than he hated state-centred nationalism (like Italian fascism).

Nietzsche didn't concern himself with the state too much, as far as he was concerned anyone his philosophy was aimed at could prosper regardless of their system. His main worry was the mass-movements that underpin those systems, like religion, like morality and like nationalism.

>What is the ideology of the ubermensch?
His own.

>His own.
Which he's supposed to create according to Nietzsche's parameters.

Which he will create along parameters Nietzsche predicts.
Nietzsche is a prophet, not a king.

thus spoke zarathustra

I hat that half-translation.
It's either Thus Spoke Zoroaster or Also Sprach Zarathustra.

>Thus Spoke Zoroaster
Why is that acceptable but Thus Spoke Zarathustra isn't?

Because a Persian name should either be translated or transliterated, not filtered through some third language.

Nevermind, I actually looked it up and I'm a presumptuous idiot.

Kind of like the ideologies of Friedrich Nietzsche, Ayn Rand or Max Stirner except without any kind of obsession with them.

>statism = nationalism

I didn't say that at all. As a matter of fact I acknowledged that Nietzsche's feelings on nationalism are independent to his feelings on the state in the post you quoted.

I suggest you re-read, senpai.
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1016/0191-6599(92)90250-G?journalCode=rhei20

It's a clear difference between the state, and the peoples. Remember, nationalist in in early 1900's was not a nationalist today.

>It's a clear difference between the state, and the peoples
Yeah, and "the peoples" are Nietzsche's enemy. There is no entity on this Earth more disgusting to Nietzscheanism than the masses.

>Yeah, and "the peoples" are Nietzsche's enemy. There is no entity on this Earth more disgusting to Nietzscheanism than the masses.

Holy shit man, the masses are not nationalists. I mean sure if you want to have such a start view on his philosophy take that cop out. It's the states influence on the current state of the masses, in case you missed it.

Again, these are not nationalists. By the people I do not fucking mean the masses, I mean not the fucking state.

Great job, you willingly miss comprehend in order to fit an argument into your narrow perspective.

> the masses are not nationalists
That's not what I'm saying though, I'm not saying "Nietzsche thinks nationalism is bad because it's popular" I'm saying "Nietzsche thinks nationalism is bad because it's populist". Plebeian sensibilities like that which makes mass appeals to the lowest common denominator are in no way Nietzschean, they do not transcend anything, they're simply out to drag the whole of society down to the same plebeian level.

> By the people I do not fucking mean the masses, I mean not the fucking state.
Learn to speak English before you try to talk philosophy in English, you dribbling troglodyte. That sentence makes no fucking sense, as do very many of your sentences now that I mention it.

If you ever bothered to actually read Nietzsche it should be obvious to you what he thought about nationalism.