/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging. Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 24th of March:
1401 – Turco-Mongol emperor Timur sacks Damascus.
1603 – Tokugawa Ieyasu is granted the title of shogun from Emperor Go-Yozei, and establishes the Tokugawa shogunate in Edo, Japan.
1794 – In Kraków, Tadeusz Kosciuszko announces a general uprising against Imperial Russia and the Kingdom of Prussia, and assumes the powers of the Commander in Chief of all of the Polish forces.
1860 – Sakuradamon Incident: Assassination of Japanese Chief Minister (Tairo) Ii Naosuke.
1927 – Nanking Incident: Foreign warships bombard Nanjing, China, in defense of the foreign citizens within the city.
1944 – Ardeatine massacre: German troops murder 335 Italian civilians in Rome.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
EU4 Rule Britannia is out.

CK2 DD 19/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/551

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2 - 12/10/2017
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2 - 14/12/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Music Mod
pastebin.com/UxQnvV3Y

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Attached: 1521904805173.jpg (2000x3525, 2.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG
poal.me/5ryxql
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/yugoslav-wars.396075/page-311
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't stop

>>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>spend 40 minutes going from count to king
>immediately get bored and quit
How do I stop this from happening, also what is the general opinion on this mod.

Attached: ck2_4.jpg (1920x1080, 896K)

>be Mexico
>get ass handed to me by vastly smaller texas armies
>even if USA doesn't get involved
>be USA
>ally with Texas
>can't enter war with mexico
>mexico easily wins somehow
>mexico also colonizes faster
>eventually cut down mexico and allies
>lose armies somehow in peace
>no ability to add armies to fight rebels
How do I get gud at this game?
>meanwhile this happens

Attached: 20180326003131_1.jpg (1920x1080, 537K)

wow

this fucking has to be bait

Attached: ted.jpg (374x250, 15K)

I wish. I used to know how to play this game kinda, but it's been a couple years and I've completely forgotten.

Trying to get a PU with france as england when the first war starts via the Maine event. I remember it used to be possible to get aragon to join if you promise them lands but did they change that? They keep on refusing to join. Not even a big fan of EUIV but I wanna enjoy how busted England is before they nerf them and I wanna go big right off the gate

this is literally what happened to me the first time I played

ahh vanilla
I miss that little colonization minigame in that region

Because ebin Imperial punitive expedition to Ionith. Doesn't matter that the lore doesn't tell us how to continent looks, we will meme it in our own way.
Don't even get me started on Atmora or the Indian islands in the middle of nowhere
>also what is the general opinion on this mod.
Good for some ES wank. Otherwise pretty bland.

Isn't there an official map floating around somewhere from ESO or something? I don't pay much attention, though, so could be wrong.

ESO hasn't touched on Akavir. They just recently announced Alinor but sadly because of limited time they had to reuse assets and the entire thing looks awfully generic. The architecture is once again Oblivon style medieval fantasy, which is disappointing for when there are so many places to take inspiration from.

Have the Russians updated the dlc download yet?

yes

shut up drumpf

The best part is how USA colonizes that one strip of Canada in vanilla to create the ugliest border imaginable.

Is it worth it though? Ill probably update whenever MEIOU does in hopes of a more stable game. Fucking annoying having to go edit dates so my game doesn't crash.

in Darkest Hour, where are the console commands filewise? I want to edit them.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

ESO is not canon and shit, man.

Is there any point in forming Italian nation? My ideas would change and I'd just get permanent claims for my provinces, right? Is there a way to avoid the change of ideas? And also if I'm a theocracy, would my government type change to monarchy as well?

You don't have to change ideas, you get the option to keep yours. I think the government form changes, though.

can anyone upload this mod, please?
steam workshop downloader sites no work

Attached: mod_vef_start.png (505x512, 323K)

fuck off pedo

please help me

Attached: 1505140036733.jpg (1250x782, 540K)

>Germany gets cores on balkans after inheriting austria

dismantling a-h as yugo was a bad idea

Attached: 1507312893820.jpg (653x598, 176K)

So is Sengoku Rance the best gsg ever made?

Attached: HymenHyperWeapon.png (526x88, 3K)

The trick is you have to declare for your core in gascogne and promise them lands there. If you want to cheese it big also restart until burgundy doesn't rival you so you can ally them and call them in too. Burgundy and aragon can keep france contained while you stomp scotland.

In regards to the new hoi4 command structure...
Should i purge Tukhachevsky or Rokossovsky?
Used to always purge T, but idk if he's more useful now

I want a game like HoI3 about the Yugoslav Wars.

Attached: magic of the serbos.jpg (500x217, 24K)

years ago i remember following a Yugoslav Wars mod in the DH subforum. dunno if it went anywhere though. this was probably back in 2012 or 2013

After putting it off for a long time, I finally played Kaiserreich.

I shouldn't have played Germany, shit's easy. My armies have advanced through the French countryside and taken Paris. I have landed in Britain and taken London, though Canada has come back to exact revenge on the red turds and took the upper half of the island before I could get to it.

The only thing giving me trouble is an invasion of Alexandria that has lasted for fucking ever. The sand niggers are a thorny thorn in my sidey side. I'm only up against 4 outdated divisions, but they're stubborn.

Or do i just promote someone like Konev

just get access through the Ottomans or via Cairo if you still have it

the Suez* not Cairo

So I heard the Japan events in Kaiserreich for Darkest Hour are missing triggers or something and it fucks them up, is this still true?

no clue. i keep trying to play KR since the 1.05 update and my game is fucking me up. 0 resources, no resource gain, no IC to do anything with, get raped by dissent. resource cheats don't even solve the problem. dunno what the fuck it's about
someone please help

it's shit why would you want it?

Yeah Kaiserreich has huge balance issues which is its biggest downfall

Also if you arent playing a major nation your future is mainly fucked depending on who wins the war

Bumping my field marshal question

Is HoI4 worth it just for kaiserreich

HoI 4 isn't worth it for anything, especially Soyreich.
Just play the DH version, it's better.

r8

Attached: lookatit.png (1920x1021, 714K)

Can I send all Africans to Liberia in HPM?

i dont know..... can you?.....

Attached: 1521901758344.jpg (850x400, 69K)

you can in niggermod

Attached: white men CSA.jpg (1758x979, 569K)

based

is this fallout

This isn't even my final form

Attached: eu4_73.png (1360x768, 1.73M)

how the fuck do i deal with this shit?
regusa wants independence but fucking wages war against me

Attached: 23423432.png (1280x720, 1.41M)

>eu4
uninstall.exe

>blobbing so hard as kebab everyone wants Varna 2.0

Ohaiyo from the forums Kbits, won't say who I am, but congrats on the release! I was getting sad, especially since After the End works so well with Dark World.

Any chance we can get CPR integrated, or at least as a separate download eventually, dear? Even CK2+ has a CPR module at this point.

Terrible

NO

Just fucking play DHKR. You'll be MUCH happier that way.

A rather great one at the very least

GYEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

Attached: succubus bathie.jpg (950x1425, 211K)

>reading the kaiserreich subreddit for a few minutes
And I thought we were cancerous

Now this is REAL strategy.

You think that's bad?
I joined their discord and hanged there for two weeks in the hopes of finding more info about the development

EVERY QING A KING

t. Pu Yi Long :DDD

It's not surprising, I scrolled through the dh forum and there was a survey a few months ago about their player base and 60% of them were still in high school

poal.me/5ryxql

What if things weren't the way they are?

Attached: a53.jpg (737x758, 75K)

Are you guys beginning to see why suddenly things changed in DH, and for the much worse? Or why nearly none of the original crew are around anymore? Or why despite them trying to make it look like things are much more highly researched, literally all their design decisions have been retarded? Or why they pretend DHKR doesn't exist at best? Or why they just "happened" to lose their forums (which were very much the anti Reddit/Discord)?

Attached: Im happy colored.jpg (1024x1303, 246K)

it's still around
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/yugoslav-wars.396075/page-311

>Or why nearly none of the original crew are around anymore?
Why what happened?
>Or why they pretend DHKR doesn't exist at best?
they're still working on it
just very slowly thanks to goy4

Daily reminder that Grand Strategy is the whitest, malest genre of games and that never before has a nigger, sandnigger, or girl pondered "should I use this money to build dreadnoughts to counter the UK or build railways to increase Spain's industrial power?"

>they're still working on it
>just very slowly thanks to goy4

Yes, they did have to show some screens to prove they'd done something, anything, no? I wonder what caused that? It couldn't possibly be people calling them out...

>ever before has a nigger pondered "should I use this money to build dreadnoughts to counter the UK or build railways to increase Spain's industrial power?"

Not true, Turks (protectors of Africa) post here.

i wonder how many women play strategy games

> they just "happened" to lose their forums
How do you even explain this to your audience? It's not that easy to lose the entire database.
>Uhmm yeah guys the entire thing just crashed out of the blue, you know how it is with these complex server technology hehe
>they are still working on it
If you count 2 guys who barely do anything still working on it. Given that the user who said he was a KR dev can be trusted.

is there a updated version?

Release Cleves and take Hainaut

>this is federalists actually believe

Attached: PnfruL2.png (550x1539, 782K)

who was in the wrong?

Are you retarded?

MacArthur, for starting the civil war just because he wanted to stop some rowdy boys

shut the fuck up nobody likes you and your shitty mod

hi leddit

Just used SVN update on my folder and yeah they have updated the mod. It also deleted 16 files so I am a bit concerned.
No, don't think so. Why? Because I don't know the story behind the deletion of the KR forums?

macarthur did nothing wron, the red subhumans must perish

ah yes it's another vicky gets bugged and a single occupation takes 2 years episode

Yeah man fuck the constitution and my rights

i have literally never seen that episode before

Quick question, is colonization fixed in the current version of MEIOU? In regards to the problem of endless disease, famine, and no population growth in the colony?

No, wait for the 1.25 update. Gigau has promised a fix.

rights are gay and the constitution meaningless

yes

maybe

no

Are those borders acceptable? I'm taking the southern ones because it's Wallonian clay and they're one of my 3 acceptable cultures, not sure about Picardie and the German lands, I kinda want to have a "Greater Netherlands" feel but without blobbing too much

Attached: eu4_75.png (1360x768, 1.75M)

get reckon and siege units you massive retard

i reckon that's correct

Did they change the AI so they actually spend development now, or did they just add more events that give development, because I just took Crimea and it has 32 development.

Attached: 20180326132723_1.jpg (1440x900, 423K)

There's a mission bug where you can finish it multiple times if you click quick enough on a laggy game tick and the ai can sometimes do it. Some missions give development to the capital.

I decided to play CK2 for the first time in months

Started as a Catholic Lombard in Sicily and managed to conquer southern slavic pagans and form Serbia

It's not even 1000AD yet and the Norse have conquer Lothrangia and are about to reform their faith
Holland and North Italy are Fraticelli
The Magyars have their capital in Sicily and control all of Croatia, Hungary, Moravia and much of Poland
And my new king is gay too

Is this how it usually turns out nowadays?

>he trick is you have to declare for your core in gascogne
Ah alright. And also claim lands near savoy as well right? So I can call them as allies? I car not for a stunted diplo growth if it means I can have fucking france in a PU.

>Playing before 1000
Cmon now

If you play at 769 yeah that’s pretty standard. Now I understand why gays are hated they let their line die out effectively ruining everything the family strives for.

Hypsichides the Mad had achieved his great ambition during the Lydian wars. The Spartan Diarchy was cajoled at last into giving up their arms, and so it was that all of the communities in the Peloponnese were brought into the direct government of Athens. With the "freedom for the Helots" guaranteed, Hypsichides at last felt that he was vindicated. He was intending on bringing further peace to the Greek world by incorporating Korinth into the fold, but soon enough he was subverted by his own heir. Cleisthenes lead an invasion on Parrhasia to secure the key city of Lycosura for his own political gain. There was a good deal of motivation for this. Hypsichides was almost seventy, and Cleisthenes was in his fifties. He needed to show that he was in his prime and would be a capable leader for the state, if not just as a way to make sure that he would have as much influence in the oligarchic intrigues of the state as Hypsichides.

The Archon was furious however, this was in direct opposition to his promise of peace for the Greek world, but it degenerated even further. In the east, the Anatolian Greek states of Kos and Miletos were soon engaged in a bitter conflict, and both being allies of Athens put the state in an awkward position. The decision was made to go after Miletos, which had been a tributary of Athens, because they had been refusing to pay the tributes for a long while now.

Attached: greekwars1.jpg (1920x1080, 618K)

But gays can have kids in CK2.