/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous thread

Attached: libretrohq.jpg (1603x1140, 601K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/blob/9f4d5122a2a1b2d0dbfd6164a616d1c859ef0d0b/Source/Core/Core/IOS/IOSC.cpp#L558
github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/blob/9f4d5122a2a1b2d0dbfd6164a616d1c859ef0d0b/Source/Core/Core/IOS/IOSC.cpp#L555
github.com/Tinob/Ishiiruka/commit/1509415a22a09a9053abbe8b09dae8dbfec27df0
twitter.com/libretro/status/978235095508242432
cemu.info/patreon/changelog/cemu_1_11_6.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: byuu talks about preservation.png (640x895, 489K)

I love my AMD Ryzen 5 1600!

Attached: He totally cares about preservation guys.png (629x659, 390K)

Attached: 2016-01-12-1652-22.webm (940x560, 1.1M)

Attached: 2016-01-12-2319-40_1.webm (956x720, 2.95M)

Attached: Lucky Seven.png (850x1104, 1.32M)

playable Vesperia when

Attached: 3011cb097b3bee1c0cd575a66739d87f.jpg (2000x3500, 663K)

SNES OC in systems other than MAME is a great step forward. A real game changer. Anyone have a list of games it works well for and doesn't? I have found it won't work on Quintlet games.

Should I report that? I think it's safe to assume OC won't work on every game. Not every engine is the same.

Attached: title_g10-terranigma[1].gif (620x446, 98K)

I don't think it's worth reporting because there's probably nothing to "fix", it's just the game not working with OC. At this point you'd need a ROM hack to work around the issue.

Why hasn't SNES OC feature been added to other snes9x versions?

Do they fear the Libretro warrior?

runs fullspeed for me

Probably because no one that really cares about the feature uses standalone.
I mean it's a small change. If they have a github then making a pull for the feature itself should be easy. And adding a UI option should also be easy. But, like, no one cares.

Does anyone even maintain SNES9x anymore?

Citra DLC support when??

Yakuza 0 is ingame on RPCS3, translation patch when?

Attached: Yakuza_0_4K_800Res.jpg (3840x2160, 3.31M)

disgusting, looks like a fucking ps3 game

Gee golly I wonder why.

At the same time they add support for encrypted content. Never.

Decrypting game without 3DS is ezpz tho

That doesn't matter, though? You shouldn't need a separate step and wasted HDD space for something that should have been implemented soon after the bootroms were dumped.

I'm so glad this ugly hack is finally in mainline Dolphin. Brings a tear to my eye.

Attached: based Dolphin.webm (640x360, 2.73M)

When I first came to this general many years ago, I remember reading that we would need 4k displays to properly upscale SNES and older games using CRT shaders.

Well, I've got a 4k TV and a 1080 ti. Tell me how I can play my old games with the genuine experience now.

>I'm so glad this ugly hack is finally in mainline Dolphin. Brings a tear to my eye.
That but not sarcastically.
I like having options even if people think those options are literally Hitler.

Attached: Without ubershaders or async compilation.webm (640x360, 2.69M)

Ubershaders exist. There's no need for async shaders.

Does anyone know which psx game is this character from and where I can download the model?

Attached: 1521061469429375889758.png (1259x1214, 172K)

Sure. But exclusive mode drastically increases performance requirements and hybrid still locks up on compilation on several drivers.
There's 'no need' for standard pre-ubershader type compilation either. But there's still an option for it.

Besides, both of those videos are only worst case output.
Both are valid, usable options once you have a shader cache. And people DO share shader caches.

Why does Dolphin embed a bunch of copyrighted material in its code?
github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/blob/9f4d5122a2a1b2d0dbfd6164a616d1c859ef0d0b/Source/Core/Core/IOS/IOSC.cpp#L558

I'm sending an email to Nintendo as I type this up.

github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/blob/9f4d5122a2a1b2d0dbfd6164a616d1c859ef0d0b/Source/Core/Core/IOS/IOSC.cpp#L555
Oh my gosh! Switch console emulation! Make sure to tell Ninty that too.

Chrono Cross. It's a shit game but listen to the OST.

Encryption keys are copyrighted content.

It's just a number, brah. You can't copyright numbers.

>wow that's some next level shit
Had to mess around with the configuration because by default, TLoZ: OoT was running like shit and I was also having troubles with the texture pack I was using.

>>I use GlideN64
>Do you get full speed in Vigilante 8?
I just tried it and fuck, 30-45 VIs. I mean, it is playable, but it's not full speed.
Still though, if I'm getting this performance on a shitty CPU that runs just like an OC'd Pentium 4, someone with a slightly better CPU should be able to reach full speed with no issues.

>it is playable, but it's not full speed
That is an oxymoron. It's not just graphical framerate, it's entire running rate, which makes it unplayable.

>And people DO share shader caches.
Not that I can find.
It does seem Dolphin ships with some UIDs for shader generation saved in the User/Cache folder though. I wonder if those are actually managed and useful.

No wait, there is no User folder by default. I downloaded those from somewhere ages ago. But where from? Blah.

It's mediocre compared to CT but it's really not that bad. It's a decent RPG that failed to live up to the hype.

mainline dolphin has only had proper transferable shader caches for a couple of weeks. I doubt anyone's been sharing them.

what game

Well, they will eventually. Surely you'll have reddit or something grouping up like they did with Cemu.
Did Ishiiruka have decoupled UIDs? If so how long ago?

Alisia Dragoon.

Attached: 2016-01-13-1322-35_2.webm (958x560, 2.19M)

github.com/Tinob/Ishiiruka/commit/1509415a22a09a9053abbe8b09dae8dbfec27df0
Since 2016-6-18 apparently.

wow vigilante 8 2nd offense runs like garbage in m64p gliden64. Not so with pj64.

Hey guys, had a q. I have some PS1 classics on my PS3, but unfortunately ever since i built my nice new PC, i haven't been really using my PS3 at all. Is there anyway i can transfer my PS1 classics save data onto a emulator on my PC so i can continue playing them?

Attached: 41+7ijf43jL.jpg (500x345, 17K)

You had a q? Well here, I have a q-tip for you.

Attached: ?.jpg (612x428, 8K)

Thanks guy.

What the fuck Citra Install CIA menu does ? Is there a such thing as decrypted CIA? If yes for what purpose?

You can use it to install decrypted game and update CIAs.

what emulators does project egg use?

>EGG requires a 500 yen(tax excluded) monthly service usage fee to be charged along with charges for each game content title purchase.

the fuck? You have to subscribe just to be able to buy shit?

no$gba libretro when?

holy fuck shit WTF? Windows 95 support? Vista not supported? WTF??

Attached: Capture.png (732x730, 32K)

Fix your autism, and then die.

twitter.com/libretro/status/978235095508242432

Whenever Martin shares the fucking source, maybe?

The post on the website made it look as if PPSSPP was the only core getting it. Meh.
I hope they make it work with other cores too down the road.

> The post on the website made it look as if PPSSPP was the only core getting it. Meh.
I hope they make it work with other cores too down the road.

Know what is disappointing?

Nobody has decent D3D renderers in N64 emulation land.

>Nobody has decent D3D renderers in N64 emulation land.
Why would anyone bother

Better performance?

lemme guess, amd?

see

Why are fan translators so cancerous?
>Waaaah, stop asking about this project I've been teasing as 99% complete for years.
>Now I'm never going to release it.

Attached: Untitled.png (635x1535, 342K)

Attached: untitled-1.png (465x402, 47K)

>So just remove that line and compile and it should work?
Yep

Attached: Untitled.png (400x480, 144K)

Citra devs seem a little not good at what they do.

Would it be possible for an emulator to have a list of shaders each game uses and tell it to compile them if it is missing when the game is turned on?

Possible? Yes.
Probable? No.

Emulators only really know a game needs shaders compiled when it requests them. PC games work the same way except they ship with them ready to go (and are mostly standardized with whatever engine/graphics API used).

Clearly this is a question for people who like videogames a.k.a /vr/.

I think crt roayle is the shader to use with 4k, i'm not sure tough.

ps5 emulation when?

Why does byuu force 480 height for SNES in higan now? I can undersand 512 width because it can change between 256 and 512 mid frame, but is there even a such a thing as midframe progressiveinterlaced switching?

cemu.info/patreon/changelog/cemu_1_11_6.txt

You could have databases of the GPU instructions that users have seen the game use while playing so they can be compiled ahead of time, but at that point why not just share the shaders themselves.

And even sharing shaders you can never guarantee you've hit every shader the game can possibly use.

Yeah, I think so.

Why not just go buy a real CRT for $20 at Goodwill?

Can the SNES even do 480i?

Have fun connecting that to your PC. VGA to Composite or S-Video converters are universally shit and limited to 480i only.

At the very least, you can get one that has YPbPr Component and use a transcoder to change the color space of the RGB signal from VGA. And then you would need to be able to make your video card output 15KHz, which can be difficult, and the easiest method is to use Radeon HD5000 or so with the newest CRT_Emudriver.

But ideally you'd want a RGB capable CRT like a PVM or a PAL TV with SCART.

Emu devs cant/don't/wont share compiled shaders but a database would be free of any legal issues.

This the type of shit that makes you want to buy it, dump it yourself, upload it, and link it to this very tweet

Yes Gideon. Fucking cancel it. Someone else will finish it in a year and have it released. Fuck yourself.

Wait when did Dolphin drop the Boomy theme? I loved that. Is there a place I can download it to add to the theme folder myself?

What a manchild. Thank god I finally decided to learn Japanese so I don't need to rely on translators.

Will Citra be able to allow downloadable stuff to our games, QR codes and stuff?

All of the """competent""" emulators that the project had moved to yuzu. Don't expect anything except more telemetry in the future.

it's a fucking shader who cares

What do you mean? What is yuzu and what does it bring to my stuff?

yuzu is a Switch """emulator""".

I just realized that I had a stroke while typing this message.

>All of the """competent""" developers that the project had moved to yuzu.
fixed

So no more stuff from the Canary build as well?

Try walking in their shoes, getting badgered and harassed everyday about one of your projects, and not have a breakdown eventually.

Woop, blocked
Wow, so fucking hard

Now do that 100 times each day and see how fast you get sick of it.

People are pissed because he's started and finished a bunch of other translations and this one has been basically complete for years now.

Then I'd just ignore them if I can't take the 2 seconds it takes to click the block button.
This whole thing is just him wanting people to cocksuck him for attention

And that's a textbook entitlement complex.

All people want is an update on the progress.

End yourself, faggot.

How rude. I would say no one is entitled to updates on any progress. Things are done when they are done.

Again, that's easy for you to say if you've never dealt with having a public project.

Its a stuttering mess until it compiles. Everyone should care.

not talking about that

UH EXCUSE ME

THOSE SHADERS ARE INTELLECTUAL (LIKE MYSELF) PROPERTY (ALSO LIKE MYSELF) OF THE COMPANY THAT MADE THE GAME
SHARING THOSE IS A LEGAL MANY WILL ENTER FEW WILL WIN MUST BE EIGHTEEN YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER VIOLATION OF THEIR RIGHTS