Why didn't the Japanese just use British planes when they attacked Pearl Harbor or paint their planes to look British...

Why didn't the Japanese just use British planes when they attacked Pearl Harbor or paint their planes to look British? That way America would think the British had attacked them and would side with the Axis, and in doing so sell Japan cheap oil.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Mers-el-Kébir
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because in real life, people aren't as stupid as they are in movies.

Because British warplanes weren't just for sale to a country they had had tensions with in the recent past.

Because the locations of British carriers were roughly known to U.S. intelligence, and they weren't in the Pacific.

Because I am taking obvious bait, and yet I can't help myself.

Yeah, because the Japanese expected ZERO of their planes to be shot down.

Hehe, I made a pun. It's very punny.

You don't even have to buy them. That would leave a paper trail. Just get some German spies to see how they're made and bang, you look British. And maybe the Americans would think the British hadn't told them about a Pacific carrier because that would make the attack predictable.

Even if a plane was shot down, put a British flag in there or something. Alternatively pin it on the Soviets.

because that would be illegal

Nice one!

Yes, I'm sure that when they pull the tattered bits of yellow flesh out of a crashed Zero that has a crude Spitfire shell made out of balsawood on the outside, they'll immediately think its the British...

AH YES THE GRAND SOVIET CARRIER FLEET

Just stop user, stop

Are you fucking retarded?

It doesn't have to be a Zero. Steal the designs for however the British made their planes. Plus if your body is all burnt up it's hard to tell an Asian from a white.

because everyone knew Japan was going to attack pearl harbour

>"wow so many japanese people in those planes"
>"holy shit one of them is still alive"
>"nihao m8 I'll lek you you fking cunt I'll lip ya healt out, god save the empelol queen, blitania lules the waves"
i don't know why they didn't do it op
seems like a good way to pin it on the blits

"Hey Winston did you guys attack us? No why the fuck would we do that we've been extremely close allies for forever." "Good point. I was wondering why there were little yellow people in these planes."

Not to mention the other 3,000 reasons why this thread is retarded.

They have different skeletons you idiot. Furthermore, the British did not use any single radial-engined aircraft in the FAA aside from the Fairey Swordfish, so any wreckage would IMMEDIATELY be recognized as not British.

>No why the fuck would we do that we've been extremely close allies for forever

lol. You're almost as dumb as the OP

Name an example of two allies as close as the US and Britain where one of the two turned on the other. Not to mention the aid the US was providing Britain...

The premise of this thread is dildos and I'm not suggesting there's even the slightest chance that it could've worked, but...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Mers-el-Kébir

Alright I'm not going to read that whole thing just for this thread but you apparently did come up with an example so good on you. But I'd argue the US/Britain relationship was stronger than the Britain/France.

Would have been hilarious when they discovered dead Japs in the planes they shot dowb instead of Brits. You're retarded.

>the US/Britain relationship was stronger than the Britain/France

Not really, while a significant chunk of Americans were sympathetic or outright supportive of Britain there was just as significant a chunk who weren't, many even who were more supportive of Britain's enemies. Overall the US was unwilling to get involved in the war beyond the Lend/Lease convoys and the destroyers for bases deal, it took Pearl Harbor and Hitler's rash decision to support his Far East ally with a declaration of war to push them into an active role.

France and Britain on the other hand had forged a very close relationship, starting with the Crimean War and through the rise of a common rival (Germany) they set aside centuries of traditional cross-channel conflict and ultimately were in the trenches together during the Great War, and once again were side by side in 1939. Mers-el-Kébir did much to weaken this strong French-British relationship, which led to the US-UK relationship strengthening once the former were pulled into the war.

OP what makes you think they didn't do this? The answer to this question is why they didn't do this.

That situation wasn't even close to Pearl Harbour though, there were legit reasons for the British to deny the French fleet to the Nazi's. Randomly attacking the US would just be madness though.

>Alright I'm not going to read that whole thing just for this thread
This is probably not the board for you.

I wasn't saying the situations were similar, merely pointing out that before Mers the Brits were closer to the French than the US, and even after it wasn't until Pearl Harbor that they reached the level of true allies.

I can't think of any reason the British would've attacked the US at that time. It's true that in the 20s to early 30s there was some tension between the two, the Brits had a plan drawn up in 1921 for possible war with the US, the US did the same in 1927. By the 40s though the Brits had their hands full already with the Axis and were relying more and more on the US-supplied aid, there is literally no chance the US could've believed the Brits would attack them.

Hell the only way would've ironically been a false-flag operation like OP is suggesting, only a British-staged attack using Japanese planes/markings would've at least been believable as tensions with Japan were already quite high.

Why didn't the Japanese just use British planes when they attacked Pearl Harbor or paint their planes to look Australian?

t. someone who knows nothing about WW2, 20th century geopolitics, aeronautics, diplomacy, or really anything at all.

>withdraw carriers from the harbor
>commence training exercise with allied Japan fleet
>use planes from the USA carriers to sink useless battleships
>blame Japan
Every time USA go to war it was thanks to 'pretext' they manufactured.
>I WW
>II WW
>Vietnam war
>USA-Spanish war

>implying the Japanese Zeroes weren't just American T-6 repainted in the big ole' red meatball as part of the Jew parasite FDR's false flag to bring America into the war.

Reminder that the US had broken the Purple Cipher without Japan's knowledge in 1939 and still were somehow (((unaware))) of the Japanese plans to attack Pearl Harbor

Reminder that torpedoes cannot melt steel armor.

Reminder that the USS Vestal survived even though it should've been blown to pieces when the Arizona was destroyed.

Reminder that a full color camera (very expensive and a very short film reel) managed to somehow capture the very moment the USS Arizona exploded.

Reminder that a high ranking US Navy officer once privately remarked "that bastard killed my son" (hint, he wasn't referring to Japs).

Second Reminder in case your dumb goyim as didn't already know that FDR was a Communist and an agent of the International Jew.

>Gee, those planes flying British roundels sure do look a lot like Zeros. Hmm...

Perfect idea for a film.

Back to the /pol/.
Also >>>/global/6.

Reminder that Purple was a diplomatic cipher and the planning for Pearl Harbor wasn't done in it.

>back to the /pol/
>definite article in front of a board name

gb2 reddit

Because jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

>implying there isn't an implication of the imperative "Go" at the beginning.

Retard.

Because it was an inside job.

>he doesn't pearl harbour was a False flag operation between the KMT & the anglos to change the outcome of the pacific

you mean the time the french broke their word, 'we wont see armisitice without making sure our fleet is out of german reach' then when the british arrived and provided a polite but firm ultimatum listing several reasonable options one of which the french commander was under standing orders to accept if it was ever offered -to sail to the US and be interred there for the duration - decided instead to go full retard, throw a strop because the messanger was a lowly captain and go full retard firing the first shots against the british fleet.

that attack on mers el kebir? the frogs got what they deserved that day.

if you had read it you would have realised he was full of shit.

because the idea was laughable for a number or reasons.

firstly the british werent going to sell any planes to the japanese, nor did the japanese have any way of obtaining british planes in any way that wouldnt alert the world to the fact the japanese had those planes.

secondly they couldnt disguise their planes as british because nothing in british inventory looked much like the japanese planes

and thirdly because even assuming the above wasnt true the americans new enough about the RNs operations and strength at the time to rule out the british as a possible candidate for the attacks

You're the biggest retard on the entire board. Drink bleach, never post again you dumb cuck

>for forever
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pearl Harbour never happened.

Plane fuel can't melt aircraft carrier hulls.

Open your eyes.

>baitodesu.jpg