Monster hunter general - /mhg/

Cute mewostress sluts!

>Monster Hunter: World
[3/21] Deviljho and weapon rebalancing in update 2.00 - capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2018/03/21/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Old:

Attached: image.jpg (1000x1208, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RbSsQlEoavs
youtube.com/watch?v=qatL5AsnhkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=RbSsQlEoavs

Attached: 1499200600378.png (1200x903, 54K)

>palico
not a TA faggot

everything is a TA until people agree on a common set of rules for world which probably won't happen until G rank

Is there any special way to get Majestic Horns other than Twisted Horns from blossy in high rank? I swear to god I've been fighting these things for 2 hours and have yet to get a single majestic despite breaking both horns every time

i know blos CB is still king, but is CB in general still the most overpowered or is it now balanced compared to other weapons?

Your kind is truly retarded. Nice defense mechanism to protect your frail ego, you probably use sub-optimal garbage gear for the same reason. Top tier TA times are reserved for the top 1% of players in every game, the same goes for world. No amount of crying "crutch!" is gonna change that.

invite me to the /mhg/ skype group nerds

>Skill is back~

>/mhg/ shits all over Jho weapons
>jho weapons slowly taking over every TA
>GS
>SA
>HBG
>LBG
>HH
>likely more to come
Sorry, friends, but we lost. Jho weapons are the best, and we were wrong. At least the armor set is shit.

Attached: 6773488.jpg (3157x2232, 1.26M)

please go outside for once in your life im begging you

I'd like to see what your argument is for DoublesJho being better than Decimation Claws since all your criticism of Magda comes down to "you have to sharpen it more often".

Investigations, 18% chance on gold rewards and 14% on silver ones. Breaking horns gives you a 65% chance.

Do palicoes behave better in World? I think they're super cute and love to have them but in 4U/XX they would go gather something on the opposite end of the area and drag the monster over constantly. Drove me fucking insane and I just had the shelf them.

Oh shit

bow was always better than cb
cb is now more in like with the other weapons but still among the strongest, it's pretty well balanced now even though I'd like for element to be better still. they should have made element saed hit a round area around the actual axe hit instead of fanning out in that V shape

>Skype
Give me your time portal you used to get here and ill let you live

Attached: 1521649507863.jpg (373x322, 30K)

I'd like the old one-big-explosion back for elemental.

>farm for mind's eye for days
>finally get one
>slot it in
>see that i have 3 of them in inventory

Attached: 1519112397854.gif (320x136, 1012K)

I love the Jho weapons but in the case of GS I imagine it's mainly cause the difference is minimal enough that they run it for looks now that it's fancy and new.

their behavior is kinda whatever but their effects are better than ever before

First time playing in 2 weeks. What’s the deal with Jho GS? Why is everyone using it?

>Not using Stealing cat so they do nothing but spam boomerangs at the monster for status
But yeah the cats are a bit smarter. And you can command them to use their special skills once they level up a bit.

My ego is not tied to video game accomplishments friend.

Attached: 20171013174522_1.jpg (1172x878, 120K)

It's still breaking all the old Jag/Vaal records regardless.

how does this autist get the same shitty thread up as soon as any given thread hits 750 posts? does he have a script or some shit?

this is boring as fuck now

*dabs on this thread*

Attached: ceanataur.png (514x354, 349K)

Since you wanted at least 1 Attack Augment I'll show you how that works out. Same build of - Attack Boost Lv4, Blast Attack Lv3, Critical Boost Lv3, Weakness Exploit Lv3, Handicraft Lv3, Protective Polish Lv1.

Magda (2 Affinity Augment)
((308 / 1.4) + 12) x (1 + (0.40 * (-0.2 + 0.1 + 0.05 + 0.5 + 0.05))) x 1.2 = 334.08

Magda (1 Affinity Augment / 1 Attack Augment)
(((308 / 1.4) + 5) + 12) x (1 + (0.40 * (-0.2 + 0.1 + 0.5 + 0.05))) x 1.2 = 335.59

You can the ever so tiniest amount of DPS, but now you've just gimped yourself as when you're not hitting a weak point you've not just made is possible to negative crit on your weapon and as such are losing dps.

Seltas and Nerscylla in World when.

It's a bot.

All I saw here was people saying its best in slot in several categories

So I don't get anything from the HR100 quest besides a sense of accomplishment, some titles, and some bs dialogue?

Attached: 1519160297106.gif (400x211, 375K)

should i use cluster ammo online or does it trip like fuck?

Palico AI is garbage in World compared to XX. 80% of the time they don't even attempt to knock you out of stuns, and the other 20% they whiff their swing at you.
Beside that they completely gutted the palico management to the point where literally the only thing you have a choice for is which of the 6 special skills to give them, and you're locked to only one cat forever and always.

Look at the time it was posted.
He made the thread at around 730-740 posts and then posted the link to it once the thread hit 750.

>Weeaboo pedo has both autism and lots of free time
Strange...

*Nice friendly encouraging comment*

Attached: Hanako 23.png (839x720, 422K)

>host Xeno
>never die
>pubs die to the sweep laser every time
>voucher wasted

I'm so mad

Attached: hfu8j7j4jyl01.jpg (3024x4032, 1.47M)

I still haven't got one.

>rocksteady mantle
>spamming full burst

>skill is back

Attached: 1468225519527.jpg (179x221, 15K)

>negative crit
Feeble hits are exactly as bad as critical hits are good. People treat them like they're a lot worse than they are when it's the same deviation in damage, just in the opposite direction.

Its great online, it doesnt trip at all

I really have no idea how they come up with the Impact/Element Phial balancing, Impact is just so much better for so little effort.
You'd think the stun would be intended to offset lower damage or something but even with minimal investment a Raw Impact CB will outdo an elemental CB on a monster weak to it by a fuckton while not requiring to hit weakzones.
I still use element phial now and then for aesthetics but I can't help but wonder if they even keep track of the math at all, is there some macro in the debug build's code that doubles elemental damage that they consistently forgot to include in the release build?

The difference is only minimal because they don't calculate the elemental attack from Jho, and the hidden attack boost from white sharpness
You'll only see the difference when you actually use it, and that's what is happening

I'm trying baguette stick hows this
Attack 5
Crit Boost 3
Weakness Exploit 3
Power Prolonger 3
Protective Polish

Should I ditch PowerP for maximum might?

Kirin girls!

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180317140026.jpg (1097x1893, 344K)

capcom is almost comically bad at balancing in monster hunter

Attached: 1519117579999.gif (1000x640, 1.71M)

Vouchers are near useless anyway.

her skin needs to be darker
a lot darker

Earplugs on HH y/n?

can somone post the bow build meme image i need to laugh

My point was that when comparing 334 vs 335 DPS that single point you gain isn't worth bringing your Affinity low enough to hit feeble hits outside of Weakness Exploit.

yep. triple up lasts long enough after the patch and PP is too expensive for what it is

It's the lighting

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180317095501.jpg (3840x2160, 1.11M)

...are disgusting sluts that deserve the rope.

Yes.

I like it yeah, run it on most of my HHs except Nerg's for obvious reasons, roars are a good opportunity to play recitals and being interrupted before reapplying a song by a roar really blows.

*Kirin girls(male)!
ftfy

Musicians should always wear earplugs when performing.
For real though getting roared out of recitals is such a pain in the cock.

Extremely rude

See

>Teostra is just one big cat
>he probably wouldn't go around wrecking shit if someone just played with him and tire him out

Attached: shocked cat.gif (400x224, 982K)

Now that's something I could get my head between the thighs of.

I miss him.

Attached: Deviljhump.jpg (3337x1703, 652K)

>teostra
>cat
that's a fucking manticore.

Why do you still have the shitter prompts enabled? All they do is clutter the screen.

>LBG
wait what? I'm new to bowguns (just started learning LBG) but from what i can see in the ammo types it's ass, isn't it?

>introduce roommate to the game
>they immediately gravitate to diablos CB, they don't use any imageboard or forum
why did it have to be like this

I keep forgetting I can turn them off and I don't even notice them 99% of the time

How the fuck is jho lbg good at anything? Spread 3 good on it or something?

Well, yeah.
Aren't Manticores part cat?

>button guide

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

not even against Jho does HH use his own weapon

How is the Deviljho Swaxe?

>ammo types
specifically i mean recoil/reload values

Nerg < Jho < Blos
is what I've gathered
kind of a shame since blos swaxe is so gross looking

They have the body of a lion but I wouldn't call that a cat, a chimera is more of a cat since it also has the head of a lion.

It's pretty good, some TAers seem to use it for some reason even though I don't know how it could outpace Blos Swaxe, but it's definitely top 3 I think.

Show me a jho lbg ta

best hh for shitter proofing my team?

I think Blos swaxe looks fine. I think my biggest gripe with Blos weapons in general is none of them seem to care to take the horn motif very seriously even though that's what Blos are known for.

Teo has the head of a lion though. What's your point?

very good but not quite as good as blos
if you like the looks of it or need elder seal don't hesitate to use it over blos

What does vargs feet smell like?

At least it looks like a black diablos weapon. Most of the 'blos weapons use black parts but look like plain old regular diablos parts.

>Teo has the head of a lion though
Either you have never seen a lion or you haven't looked at teo's face. It doesn't even remotely resemble a lion.

Teos

recoil/reload is as bad as vaal's but it has much more raw. it does like 3 damage per pellet more so about 21 per shot, which is pretty significant. also has an additional augment slot

Not him but: youtube.com/watch?v=qatL5AsnhkA

Looks like it could be done with any sleep LBG though.

No it doesn't... it has no black on it at all.

If only Elderseal wasn't a meme.

Actually, even his body doesn't resemble that of a lion, the only "lion" thing he has is his mane and the fur at the tip of his tail.

Yeah I seen this but I was expecting a spread 3 ta or something

u wot m8

Attached: axe_of_demons.png (230x230, 9K)

Daughters

Attached: 151643565315.jpg (2000x2166, 571K)

>and as such are losing dps.
This isn't really true, calculate without the 50 affinity from WE and augmenting for 1 attack still gives a minimal gain, 0.3
It isn't a number with off mentioning, but you aren't losing any dps

soil and nostalgia
>free staggers
>meme