/rsg/ - Runescape general

previous thread Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,24,65998748
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,14,65998756
>March's Month Ahead
services.runescape.com/m=news/month-ahead-march-18
[YouTube] March - RuneScape's Month Ahead (2018) (embed)
>2018's Year Ahead Video
youtube.com/watch?v=k-tYcYJEknQ
>2018's Year Ahead Dev Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=olccC9ACA30

Attached: rs bazongas3.jpg (690x810, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_ant
youtube.com/watch?v=X5YaihAtnC4
youtube.com/watch?v=8L_1teHLycw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remember when J*gex said they were sorry about how they were handling things with the squeal of fortune and that they were going to tone down the mtx ending up with them removing the squeal of fortune entirely only to implement something that's the exact same shit but with a different smell that they promised wasn't going to be as aggressive as sof?

No.

newfag

I quit before mtx happened. Only came back a year ago.

haha but good goy they fixed it, you can even kill yelps in a quest haha they sure do listen to players, now buy 50 keys to earn this one-off chance at a worthless red star!

>the fc favourite list added in this update doesn't do anything, you can't even swap, it's literally as useful as writing down the fc names on the notes menu
>you still have to leave an fc and then type out the name of the other one if you want to change each time
Bravo Jagex.

FC part 1. Part 2 coming soon(tm).

I hate dg.

I also hate dg

yeah well fuck you too.

I just hate that an entire tier of weapons is locked behind dg. If that wasn't the case I could have at least ignored dg.

>tier
you mean t80? like royal cbow which is non-dg?

Only melee t80 is locked behind dg with no way around it but even then you can get level 82 and skip to kopheshes

That's 2h though. I want dual wield for muh Needle Strike.

glaives.

dual wield t80s aren't exclusive to dg either though.

>hour of Telos

Attached: 76547654.gif (320x224, 1.89M)

I wanna go back to 2009 when people were like "holy shit these armored zombies give some really good combat exp it's like 100k an hour" and tell them that today you can get 116k prayer exp an hour doing combat and make 2m+ and 800k+ combat exp an hour completely afk.
Then tell them about sunspear at vyres

Attached: CsAMqePVUAA36o4.png (1200x857, 1M)

fun fact, training agility is the #1 cause for suicides in north dakota.

Fuck you, Sam.

>make 2m+ and 800k+ combat exp an hour completely afk
been away from the game but have pretty good stats, how do this? in before use 250m of equipment

This is the gear I use. Ideally you'd also want demon slayer circlet and gloves, but I couldn't get circlet to buy and gloves are like 10m right now because clue update.
You're gonna use about 3.1m in chinchompas (500 of them an hour) if you're afking it, but don't worry because you'll make about 5m an hour in loot hence the 2m profit. A luck ring is heavily suggested, I'm not sure if the onyx ring works but when you're killing this many abyssal demons an hour your chances of hitting the rare drop table are pretty damn high and you can easily make an extra mil an hour depending on what you pull off the table.

If you want to melee it I would suggest an attuned crystal halberd, dragonrider lance, or noxious scythe for the extra AoE range. Range with chins is the fastest method but the cost of the chins obviously is a factor. Regardless of what combat style you use, aggression potions are a must-have. Soul Split is very heavily recommended.

If you don't have soul split an alternative would be using melee and a scrimshaw of vampyrism. As far as the ashes, you can either use an attuned ectoplamsator with a demonhorn necklace for infinite prayer, or infernal urns. The urns are more exp (especially with an urn enhancer) but don't work with the demonhorn necklace. Penance is a good aura to use as it alone will drag your prayer potion usage to about 3 an hour.

Gem bag is useful.
I think that's about everything to say. Just go up to the top floor of the slayer tower, find an empty world, drink your potions and start killing abyssal demons. Make sure to bring alch runes and, if you have it, a spring cleaner. And use area loot it will make things far easier.

Attached: abyssal demons setup.png (199x206, 54K)

Thanks user, what exactly is mh weapon? And I have full armadyl and rcb, suggested offhand? Don't feel like buying back armadyl offhand while I'm saving for t90s. Also about 80 reaper points short of souls ammy but I do have SS and the ability to make a spring cleaner but I've been putting that off.

that's a mechanised chinchompa

Mechanized chinchompas. They're level 75 weapons and they turn all your attacks into a 3x3 AoE, even the abilities. They don't get used up with abilities but they get used up with autos, hence why I said you'll use about 500 of them an hour which will mean you'll get 5m in loot but 2m in profit.
As far as offhand goes. Ascension > Death Lotus Darts > Chaotic/GWD2 ranged offhand/Attuned Crystal Chakram.
If you can't get any of those, get an offhand crystal Chakram. It's just as good as an offhand arma crossbow but 120k instead of 3m.

wiki says 50 to make one, do they last for 50 throws? I'd need 10 of them for one hour?

each one is one throw, but you won't use up any when using abilities

nevermind didn't realize that was per batch of 50

I haven't used area loot before, would clicking that before drops vanish be the least afk aspect, then?

When you turn on area loot you'll just click on loot (left click, don't right click) and you'll get a box that has all the loot around you on it. Click the stuff you want and you'll loot all of it without having to run to where the loot is. Remember to close the box after, you can't auto-retaliate with it up.

t. hanks

Why is bossing so unfun?

because RS combat in all its forms is inherently unfun.
There isn't a single game with worse combat

Attached: Untitled.png (467x407, 128K)

what.

yes

I’m wantin some of those Fayre outfits.. how much they going for?

I think you have to buy them with goycoins

>ends your kill streak

Attached: Telos promo art.png (1421x798, 1.06M)

Das gay af.
Might do it anyway..

I already did

probably just wants armadyl comps, yea yea >ports

Attached: 1495342904853.png (298x298, 71K)

That was you and you should feel ashamed of yourself.

Is RS fulfilling to you?

Attached: flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg (591x800, 58K)

Very rarely nowdays. I’m kind of just riding it out..
pvm is about the only fun thing to do, and I’m sick of telos. Too socially retarded (and incompentent) to get into teams.

So I’m just fucking around and doing whatever, nowdays. It’s still nice to talk to my fellow scrubs, tho.

It's the only thing I enjoy in life.

the effect gets weaker each passing day

Is there anyway to skip scanning clues. If not, how long would it take someone to get access to this area when they've never done ports before?

Attached: Untitled.png (622x445, 538K)

all my skills are 90s now, pls gz

That isn't ports, but you will need 90 div to get to all the islands. You can use the globetrotter backpack to exchange your current one with one of the same tier at the cost of a charge, or the clue scroll girl can exchange a clue for one of a lower tier for free. You can also buy rerolls in the shop but not for masters

With 95 div, a few uncharted isle maps, gotten from regular skilling (having at least access to the Arc).

A few hours/days if not, depending on how quickly you unlock Cyclosis at Ports.

Oh wow. Both comments help a lot. Thanks!

You need 95 to harvest ancestral or whatever energy directly but you can still make it to pay the tortleport by combining negative and positive energy which need 90, unless I've never had to go to a part of the isles that need 95 div

gz

lets do this thing!

Attached: Sketch.png (464x362, 147K)

I didn't exactly think I'd get title on this black dragons task, but come on now.

Attached: 58 kills lmao.png (122x46, 11K)

my breaks are getting longer and more frequent

the fucking mos le harmless part at the very start was the most annoying bullshit part of this quest

it certainly is bullshit but it wasnt that annoying
took like 5 attempts

I will never understand how the god/elder god quest line felt less "grand" than RotM.
It's a shame EoC and power creep ruined basically all of its combat, still awesome though.

You can click the favourites menu to join one just like clicking it to save one. But only after leaving a chat.
It's certainly unintuitive to have the save and load menu be exactly the same button and require manually leaving to switch, but it does still save typing effort.

>have to do Temple trekking to get morytania legs 4

is there no fucking quick way to grind this shit?

Hey user the sword of edicts override is available again

I think the fastest way is to let the high levels fight whatever they can survive and bring some food to throw away at them. But the low levelled fuckers it's best to just rush through the path as fast as possible.
Mory4 is only for 50% more pray/fm though. It's just about as required as cremating 500 corpses for slightly higher damage.

Is the spring event a good place to train agility?

just go to prif and live there ya poofter

we did it boys

Attached: hh.png (484x321, 305K)

so does everyone use mouse macros at spring fayre? seems really easy to afk all day doing that

i have a tiny notebook mouse i hold in my hand with my thumb on mouse1
no need to macro since its not remotely as bad as clicking with the index finger

Just started out after quitting 10 years ago at level 75.

Tips to get started in new RS?

post stats then we can talk

I've started again at Combat Level 10 m8

Grats user, what's next?

world wakes tomorrow
not sure if i want to do nomads rectum in the interlude

if membership try out shattered worlds for early combat levels
if f2p do your quests and make money selling headless arrows

>buying fayre costume tokens for 3m
>selling them for 7m-9m
>stached a couple of them just in case

How do I make my action bar layout automatically swap w/weapon types?

ESC > Settings > The 'action bar settings' tab under Gameplay

tyvm

>less grand
>you gotta do that annoying fireball dogding at the beginning
>you gotta do that tedious long mining section
>you gotta do that shit with Zemouregal's door unlocking AGAIN
>you fight khazard AGAIN
>then a bunch of mooks
>then the main bad guy that the whole questline had been hyping up to this point gets beaten and killed by some dudes who popped out of nowhere
>you couldn't even fight him yourself
It was a massive letdown.

>at 16:00 UTC, we'll do a RuneScape Survey Review with your feedback.
Guess we'll finally find out what people voted in the 2018 content survey. It's going to be interesting to see how Jagex probably will misinterpret all the answers again

>You will never have a clan so ferocious and productive as army ants, nor a game fit for simulating such social structure
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_ant
Why bother living?

Also why do I spend so much time AFK reading up on shit like this?

Attached: Eciton_burchellii_army_ants.jpg (800x600, 241K)

>behold my superio- *bursts into flames because a human child picked up a magnifying glass*
because runegame has several giant insects but i dont think ants are included

Not their physical structure, easily burnable by children. Their social structure.
Ravaging and raiding across large areas all at once as a massive family, using your colony's fuckin' bodies as a mobile nest for reproduction and growth, organizing caste and physical position by body type and effectiveness, foraging and devouring larvae of even wasps.
It's BEAUTIFUL and a little terrifying.

if you think thats impressive you should check out viruses

No, but I can't see myself doing something else.

Attached: Just Brendan.jpg (1000x564, 330K)

I certainly will once this interest dies down.
It's just funny with the MMO applicable quotes.
>Colonies can have over 15 million workers and can transport 3000 prey (items) per hour during the raid period.[10][15]
Imagine a raid going that well. Especially when the worker caste is mostly composed of sterile females. In humans that would be HELL.

15m/3k=1/5000 share of the kill
man if i was an ant id be all about the cannibalism

Those can be large kills though. The split is probably quite fair for the workload.

Attached: Dorylus sp. in Cameroon, consuming a grasshopper.jpg (1600x1200, 825K)

>see /rsg/ discussing insects
>find some educationary videos
>youtube.com/watch?v=X5YaihAtnC4
>boring eurodocu
>youtube.com/watch?v=8L_1teHLycw
>pure american kino

holy fuck no wonder people say BBC is shit

Amerigoblins have ADHD.

Attached: ameriburgers.png (600x1030, 646K)

this can't be real

Getting my first 99 today.

Major poorfag here.

Should I keep using Korasi's sword or should I buy a Blade of Nymora? Nymore has like 150 less power but 800 more accuracy.

>Actual bugs and an explanation of the raid as it goes along
>Completely unrelated SFX/BGM and some woman moving her hands about blubbering out the obvious
The only thing better in the second one is the 3D modelled representation. But the camera work for the first more than makes up for its lack.

BBC is shit NOW, because of its obvious and pervasive political agenda.
But its old nature shit, and to some degree its old humour (In short bursts) were pretty nice.

much as i like korasis slutblades are not expensive even for poorfags
do you have an offhand already?

i have the offhand slutblade. I still dont really get how EOC works so I want to know if the higher slutblade accuracy makes up for the lower power

sure does user
get that slutblade, id buy it for you but all my money is trying to get my dang event tokens :^)

is there anything wrong with wanting to be in an intimate relationship with Zanik?