Attached: aaa.png (842x1011, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/marsonng
youtube.com/watch?v=egf0Dwvp5CE
youtube.com/watch?v=lyBnlOtDWCs
youtube.com/watch?v=Fj-F2eszdks
aradev.itch.io/project-alchemist
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to make a game that looks sorta like this, anyone know where I can find similar model rips/wireframes? I'm a brainlet and can't judge things from angles.

Attached: O1Yamcha.jpg (640x480, 34K)

learn to draw
no seriously if you have a high enough drawing ability you'd be able to visualize how things look as three dimensional forms

How much progress have you made in the last 2 weeks user?

Attached: OutOfContextYandereDev.png (1130x586, 548K)

if you are cute in your kokoro, you can make it

little

Attached: 1506199229221.jpg (645x773, 73K)

Unity is the perfect engine.

I'm still trying to figure out where the hell am I supposed to start. I have installed VS and Unreal. I have no skill in 3d modeling besides some very basic models, and I am being a bit daunted at where to begin at all.

Does your game have waifus, user?

No vagina anus nipples penis or testicles, this pic is SFW. Go cry to mommy if it offends you.

Attached: Technically this is Safe for Work because no naughty bits are on display.jpg (1009x1280, 79K)

your waifu is a slut

What is the origin of "just like make game"?

Attached: davidBowie.gif (192x192, 12K)

No. I have husbandos. Which are better.

most popular words on agdg

Attached: 1495745265069[1].jpg (3000x3000, 1.09M)

aztecs used it to sarcastically mock ancient game developers
the tradition was lost when the aztec civilization collapsed, but sparked alight anew when the spaniards discovered their ancient scriptures in the long lost ruins

Oh wow neat

Commie block in place. Also yesterday some user complained about how my billboards rotate and it got stuck in my head so hard that I had to change it

Attached: tcew_progress_2703_01.webm (794x494, 2.31M)

it actually goes way farther back than that to our common ancestor with the chimps which part of their dominance hierarchy included making games. The weaker apes who weren't able to attain a female to mate with would on occasion make a game that lifted them up a few pegs on the dominance hierarchy, but most of the time the weaker apes would be killed before they could ever finish making a game

What is this game

Looks cool, what types of features do you plan on adding?
Like what genre of game?

Added hitboxes.
I should have listened when they told me boxes go first then you put the drawing on it, I had to remove all the drawings and put them back again over each new box.

Attached: nene3.png (301x313, 118K)

>women programming

Attached: nice_of_course.gif (245x186, 944K)

>fps

Attached: x.jpg (564x602, 41K)

is spriting slow for you guys? Made a lot of head way with coding and pretty much have a game, now I am doing spriting and it feels so tedious

Euro wars
Thx. It will be kinda like worms 3d - turn based startegy/action. I plan to make it multiplayer I dont know if it works

what's your stopmotion capture setup like

I blu tac a DSLR to the ground in front of my legos

define "slow"

yeah I know, but thats not the game. I work on a potato and screen recorder boils it

Attached: tcew_2603.png (931x621, 506K)

ive been working 2 days on the same character, doing 8 directional 4 frame walk sprites

none

Attached: 1508346929155.gif (384x384, 46K)

>modelling facial features
>not just using textures for different mouth/eye shapes

Attached: 1521255546799.png (1239x800, 1.79M)

>not using a tripod
but why

That doesn't sound like much time. Presuming it looks decent, which I'm guessing with a question like yours, it isn't.

if you are a 1ma and still are dumb enough to make 3D, at least make it low poly

because then it's too far away and/or a bad angle and it's too easy to bump when I'm on carpet

get a gorillapod

this is very tough DESU it's why no matter what kinda dream game you wanna make, you MUST start with pong, rolloball, tic tac toe, breakout

I guess I really didn't see it that way. I will go do that.

Always wanted to try this, how would you deal with removing the background

as in green screen?

What is your game?

I suppose. So it's basically like when I fuzzy select on a single image, and remove it so it's transparent? Are there tools to do that on video? Frame-by-frame sounds beyond tedious, so there must be.

a game where you are happily married to the love of your life and die of old age in your sleep in a nice wood cottage in the farms

It's lucky that Nintendo doesn't call me to develop an rpg/tactics game on the Switch, I'm simply too busy with my own game

>fuzzy select
oh dear

If you're using a proper video editing program like after effects or premiere, there should be a "chroma key" filter - that's the proper technical name for a green screen filter

Can't wait until my game is done. Gonna celebrate by getting a divorce.

Does anyone need a 2D concept artist? Pic related, one of my pieces.

Attached: 2334cbb9-d481-4606-9bc3-a6265fb6b962.png (1280x1623, 2.92M)

I'm trying to make nenequest in html5/javascript

Attached: nqp.png (780x443, 23K)

What an odd-looking snowman.

#metoo

make 2d mount & blade

#meshoe

----[ Recap ]----
Game: IDOL
Dev: Marson
Tools: GMS
Web: twitter.com/marsonng
Progress:
+ made a vertex trail system that has decent optimisation.
+ you can now shoot while in the air (whoopty fuckin doo)
+ worked on explosion fx.
+ html5 bugfix (in browsers, some laptops take up gamepad slot 1 with some bullshit ghost hardware i don't even know the purpose of and set your controller to slot 2. this means your controller isn't read by the game. I created a work around for this.)

Attached: recap.png (521x297, 6K)

Literally no progress, was going to convert the game to a new tech but it turns out the tech wasn't ready

How do concept artists work?
You make what i discribe to you?
And then an asset artist (2d or 3d) goes ahead and turn ur high quality art into game assets?

Or do you just make what you want and i buy it from you, if we were professionals.

lol what

and if I've never opened a video editing program in my life, and certainly don't have access to a paid one?

then you're not making stop motion videos any time soon

Concept artists effectively develope ideas for assets that can be turned into 3d models and the like. For example, you pitch me an idea for a character and I build the blueprint for the asset.

free programs also have it. I wont even mention Blender

Interesting.
I cant see how a concept artist would fit into my workflow.
That sounds like the what a lead desiner of a tripple a team would do.

thanks but stop motion precedes those programs

you won't mention it because it's an obvious solution, or because it's unsuited for the task?

>you won't mention it because it's an obvious solution, or because it's unsuited for the task?
Because everyone here should know it. Blenders chroma is very powerful, its difficult to use thou

This desui blender pretty much does everything. You can rightfully argue that each specialized program does what it does better and easier than blender, but if you need a free program to do something blender is always an option.

Mostly just art resources.

Alright thanks
Just found this as a starting point youtube.com/watch?v=egf0Dwvp5CE

just remember that if you're ever doing stop motion, you need to set your camera mode to manual and turn off autofocus so that it doesn't change the exposure per picture or change the focus

Thanks, I'm aware of that. I did some stop motion back when developing film was a thing, so it's been a long time but I get the general idea.

Daily reminder that this is the best stop motion to date. Also much better than the movie
youtube.com/watch?v=lyBnlOtDWCs

anyone have slow unity builds? my game runs smoothly in the editor always, but when I build it it runs at 13 FPS for a random amount of time (usually between 1 and 60 seconds or so) and then speeds up to "normal" editor speed (50-80 fps)

if I exit out of VS and unity editor it speeds up faster, but I have zero slowdown when I play other games with those programs up

Daily reminder that, I don't know, I'm not sure what to take away from this
youtube.com/watch?v=Fj-F2eszdks

So apparently I have such a toaster that my computer can't run godot. Is there any other engine (or language idk) to make 2D games to learn with or should I just wait a couple months when I buy a new comp.

Attached: 1522029531265.png (633x758, 440K)

monogame

The takeaway
>Fuckin awesome

Attached: powerglove.jpg (1920x855, 126K)

Gamemaker 7

I believe in you! You can make it.

Stop lying

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Project Alchemist
Dev: ArAdev
Tools: Godot, Krita, Paint.net
Web: aradev.itch.io/project-alchemist
Progress:
+Been working on destruction, I made a white circle that represents the radius of a explosion, on that certain radius the explosion will destroy tiles
+Fixed some bugs from weapon selection
+Made a cannon to test the explosions
+Cycle of time that can be used for events
-Little progress in the last weeks

Attached: Recap12.png (937x610, 100K)

How much cheesecake should I add to the ending cutscene if you 100% the game? Would you feel satisfied if you got only one or two extra sizzling pinups for your hard work?

>plays your game
This is pretty cool actually

meanie

As much as real fun engine shitposting is - only genuine autistic aspegers retard would seriously think one is better than another when comes to his simple game. There is lost of great stuff released on GMS, Unity, UE4, InsertEngineName and it just matter of effort.

You need to earn the right to blame a tool by *completely mastering it* and starting to compare with others.

Attached: 1522100194895.jpg (245x246, 18K)

terrible color

I think the issue wasnt the lack of outline but rather washed out colors which game that blending feel.

are you making a cutscene or are you making a pizza

tell me one reason why should I play your shitty ass low poly 3D shite

if you don't go at least as far as Strikers 1945, I won't care.

Attached: 1154418326598.png (1344x1056, 242K)

Do you think other weaponry could have come about, other than swords, bows, spears, axes and shields?
I was thinking about these common weapons and how their existence might have come about, but I don't know history and maybe lack imagination.
The spear, and the shield, make the most sense to me. And the bow, too. Spear and bow are a kind of "action from a distance", and shield (armor too) are obvious defense. A shield being a sort of portable armor.
Is there some other weapon that might have become popular if only they had thought of it at the time? At any age up before gunpowder I suppose.

>5 crossdressers and 1 fag
gas yourself

>crosdressers
They're in fucking military

Um no? You have to understand that weapons developed and their designs became spread out over a large area because they were effective. The only place truly wacky weapons come about are surprise in Africa and other isolated areas where shit weapon design worked because they didn't encounter anyone with better weapons.

Clubs, slings, knives, and spears are the earliest weapons. Everything else refines the form or function of those weapons, or combines them.

are they commies?

knives are just sharp clubs
slings are just remote knifeclubs
spears are just remote knoves
even a gun is just a high-velocity club launcher if you think about it
truly the club is the only weapon mankind ever really needed

Do you think a game like Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon that has a sort of comfy/cozy/relaxing feel to it could work in a less-than-human setting? Like demons, monsters, various fantasy creatures & races, etc as the townsfolk/characters you get to know and build relationships with, "farming" with fantasy-crops instead of things like turnips and potatoes.

I feel like part of the reason those games give off their cozy, heartwarming vibe is because they're very grounded. Would a drastic change in setting disconnect people and cause it to lose the comfy vibe? Or do you think it can be done regardless of setting with the right writing and atmosphere?

use your creativity. or look to eastern or native weapons.

>can't run godot
Christ, try Phaser maybe? It's not visual, it's a JS framework but it might be worth checking out

How to tell friends that they wont create any game? I have friends who "Create game" they already choosen company name without any project progress(Even create project) .

say "I'll design the logo."

People get cozy vibe from undertale and that game is all skeletons and furries.
So yeah, it can easily be done as long as it's not super serious epic tolkien high fantasy bullshit.

Yeah just brainstorming outloud, I'm sure there are a few who have thought about this here.

Interesting perspective, I like it.

Ideas which diverge from the path history has taken seem ridiculous, but it's fun to come up with them and see if they're pointless or not.
Like... a shield that somehow extends to hit the enemy. I'm including up until gunpowder so such a mechanism would be possible, but probably pointless since anything useful almost definitely would have been devised. Still though, it's a good thought experiment.
If a shield that could be a remote club, that would be a useful thing since it would be a remote attack as well as a defense.