/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

XX Huntresses

>Monster Hunter: World
[3/21] Deviljho and weapon rebalancing in update 2.00 - capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2018/03/21/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous

Attached: 148316786156.png (1293x1293, 976K)

First for curbstomping the Handler

>That feel when you flash a Kulu Ya Ku and it becomes a useless punching bag

So, how's impact scaling post-patch? Is stacking raw still the best?
Or did it too fall to the crit meta?

Attached: tempered deviljho.jpg (2400x1800, 1.98M)

REMINDER THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR CROWN EVENTS

Attached: 1516218402140.png (862x1898, 287K)

are blos DBs worth making?

Anything blos is worth making if you stack enough affinity + elementless.

>Guys it totes happened believe me guys I have no proof but it happened

>t. wifepuncher

>remove streamstone farm
dead game

Lets Nyance, everybody

Attached: 5651770.png (705x1000, 773K)

what's a good tank defense armor build?

>trophy whores
Even if there's a grain of truth in this occult bullshit, I'd rather just play the game and get the crowns naturally.

Tell me the story of the cute boy in the OP

>Caring this much about trophies
lmoa

She killed a big bunny and made a poofy coat from its pelts.

Attached: 1485570396548.jpg (1280x1816, 696K)

>remove the only non-faceroll fight
dead game

>the sound of 4 hammer users doing big bang at once

Did they change the name of awakening?

>She
l-lol?

>tank defense

Attached: 7359864155967.png (539x775, 43K)

can someone tldr this

Yes. Free Element.

Attached: 007.jpg (1003x1015, 181K)

Someone already did last thread go check

>Tanking in a game without aggro draw
You're even dumber than the wide range healer morons.

>This poor guy's character is a laughing stock

>Tanking
Just don't get hit

On a side note, I saw that the alpha Guild Cross armor comes with level 2 elemental resistances and each armor is around 62 defense. Defense should be all around great with the full set fully upgraded and augmented especially if you bump each resistance to level 3 with decos since you get a +10? defense bonus per level 3.

>transvestite urkel
I will save this and post it every thread

On a crit draw GS set up is it worth it to put in WE 3 to occasionally use the other charges? The only other things I can fit onto it with the decorations I currently have are attack 3 or earplugs 4 and I'm not sure either of those would be better than WE 3

Attached: 1516960995919.jpg (900x600, 88K)

>that gross dusty looking black skin
You fucked up, and the face looks like that of an 8 year old boy

Attached: 1521939336129.jpg (364x404, 22K)

cool

Attached: f0c029ebdbc2192cfe9fddb11166a186[1].jpg (2048x1364, 411K)

Something like that. You become the wall.

WE

WUZ

HUNTAHZ N SHIET

Well, there's the challenger mantle.
And there used to be sneak/taunt skill in the previous games. Not that it let you really hold aggro though.
But you don't really "need" a tank in MH. Since you can just dodge out of the way, unlike in MMOs with hotbar combat. So the party always benefits more from another damage dealer.

I’m so fucking confused right now. I’ve taken down tempered Kushala Daora at least 10 times now, and never failed once. When he does his stupid charge where he just randomly sprints forward, it only ever takes like half my HP. I eat for 50 HP and have 435 defense. Yet just now, I did a Tempered Kush investigation where he carted 3 of us within the first 5 minutes. He did that stupid charge like usual, except this time it killed me from 100 full HP, a literal one-shot. I had full HP, ate and everything, and it one-shotted me and another guy, then he did it again and one-shotted the other person. I’m very, very confused right now. That’s never happened before. Even Tempered Jho couldn’t take from 100 to 0 in one attack. Is there some modifier for Kush that boosts his attacks up or something? What the fuck?

Attached: 3DE47E60-D74D-46E1-86A8-1F1E8A35F94B.jpg (430x381, 28K)

>Wears off after a single hit
It's for luring a monster to a specific place, not keeping the aggro on you

Bigger monsters do more damage.

I never used it myself, but I've heard claims it breaks only after you take damage, not on any hit. So if that's true, Lance with max guard can potentially tank for the full duration of the mantle, as long as no chip damage comes through.

What do you mean? He wasn’t a crown or anything either.

I see, sounds pretty sweet then. With such huge raw is DP better than charged shots? I'm a bit new to bows.
Also constitution is almost mandatory for bows right?

>Crown
That's what I meant, but they don't do as much damage as to double it. After reading your post again I'm not sure what you're seeing either.

Best augment for CB?

Right, which is why I’m so fucking confused right now. Could it have been a bug or something?

there's that kontra Lance build reddit made just for you

rocket sword when?

>5 minutes remaining

Attached: file.png (1300x866, 1.17M)

Next week.

Can a lance w/ guard 5 and guard up tank a supernova?

Attack. Cause phials can't crit.

Attack, followed by by life drain, since your phials don't crit

Health, of course.

Could ba different threat level? Idk

Attached: dodo.png (400x400, 125K)

Guard Up and Guard 3 are enough with a lance, especially if you power guard.

What really happened isn't what you just told us happened. And likely not what you think has happened.
Like you were actually at half health and just didn't notice. Or you didn't get one shot, but hit multiple times in rapid succession.

Is Crit Draw GS even worth using?

Attached: 2018-03-27_02-05-06.jpg (1918x1078, 1.2M)

how does the deviljho IG compare to other IG in the game?

Attached: 1422605373319.jpg (1100x1003, 798K)

It's spikier and more green.

Is health augment good for SnS?
How much health do you even recover with that aug?

epic racism

>mad because BTFO last thread
SALTY
A
L
T
Y

not sure if it helps but i swear to fucking god i had a similar experience except it was with his normal airblasts (non charged)
does kushala really have a secret buff or something

Based. Thanks champs.
I see,I guess I'll degrade it to guard 3 and pump in some offensive skill.

Attached: 1521001194868.png (935x953, 153K)

>fight tempered elders
>barely touch me, 0 carts
>play some XX, non G rank monsters are challenging and can fuck me up
as someone who started with world I'm surprised more people aren't mad at how shockingly easy it is. like i heard it was casualized but I didn't know it was that bad

Killscreens people
Post em'

Attached: 1515396756436.jpg (1920x1080, 103K)

I'e had this so many times on but usually the monsters one hit from death or ripe for capture. Never timed out yet

BIIIIIING
WAAAAAAAAHOOO

I'e had this so many times
I've only ever gotten 10 minutes left but only on special investigations.
Are you gimping yourself?

Was in the first area just below his high-up camp? Those spikes on the ground come out and deal damage to anyone they hit, and theyr'e knocked up if attacked. Maybe you took a shitlooad of spikes immediately before the charge hit.

And piggybacking off this, is bow even worth bothering with before you get a bow charge plus gem?

Only when you need earplugs & guts (which I did versus Tempered Jho) and just spammed aerial hits so it works out anyway.

>still no paid voucher up

Guess I'll throw in another to get things rolling

Attached: 1501071547268.jpg (1920x1080, 108K)

It's good. Save the game, put on the augment, goto training ground and take naked damage from the bombs then see how much you heal after you put your armor on. Maybe you can go out and test it on a monster but idk if the game saves while transporting from Astera to a quest.

Either way, if you don't like it, just quit the game w/o saving so the augment goes away.

I'm new to MonHun and I'm using SnS. I get it on 30 minute and 15 minute hunts with monsters that are hell bent on running/flying or multiple monster hunts

Anyone used the Jho GS?
How is it? The damage looks amazing.

Attached: 5109360009637.jpg (682x1024, 75K)

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180310235212.jpg (1920x1080, 433K)

Better than Jagras by a little, but really stronger when you have the affinity booster out. It needs white sharpness though.

*slices you're throat*
Nothing personal, kid

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180307122745.jpg (1920x1080, 342K)

Why is Jagras Hacker harked on for being super powerful? What's so great about it?

Oh okay I was thinking maybe tempered Kirin. I forgot about aerial spam. I'll have to give it a shot when he returns.

Whoops meant for You might be bad at sns because I think I am too and I can't seem to kill temp teo under 10 mins with it

Two level three deco slots, non-elemental bonus, three augmentations.

I'm getting my shit pushed in by pretty much every monster in Eleer's Recess, pls advise
Almost all of them take 80% of my life with a big attack, I got 14 fire resistance and Lavaiasloth beam still fucking destroyed me
I have Zorah Armour with Rath gauntlet and Datura Blossom 2, is this not good enough?

Attached: 800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg (800x445, 34K)

Decos NEB and triple augment

Are you actually eating meals and upgrading your armour?

Are you actually upgrading your armor with armor spheres?

>mfw too lazy to make another build and still run with the hacker
Is it time to kill myself?

Attached: 1496072362488.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

>Lavaiasloth beam
You should never get hit by this thing.
But it should never OHKO you either.

Restart the game and do a naked playthrough. By the time you hit Elder's Recess it won't matter what armor you're wearing.

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180312195559.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

It's still the best since it can fit in more damage skills or utility that Jho can't

I've only played SnS so if I'm bad at it I'm worse at everything else. I suppose I might as well use the training room and get better

How in the fuck am I supposed to get sheathe gems? I have 200 hours and I haven't seen one despite drowning in rare decorations.

Nah I still use it too user. I want to move on but those kind of deco slots don't come around every day.

Attached: tcsed.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

If I can't reach earplugs 5 is it worth it to stay at 4?

How do I play gs? just tackle into tcs all the time or do you actually use the buffed normal and strong charges now?