/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Passion of Christ Edition

News
>SEGA hinting Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation's localization
personacentral.com/sega-teases-upcoming-english-release-of-dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation/

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=BJhp0wVxzpk
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread: >>

Attached: 1667327774900.jpg (258x329, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KpbD--RVDyA
djtguide.neocities.org/guide.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PmSZ-er5fPg
twitter.com/GideonZhi/status/978323201611595778
twitter.com/GideonZhi/status/978668582019231744
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/P3_-_Persona_3_(Europe)/154044
youtu.be/_V2sBURgUBI
baddesthacks.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=619
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/563025-shin-megami-tensei-if/faqs/28827
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bad thread.

prev

First for Jack Frost nudes

Attached: jack frost in the nude.jpg (619x619, 39K)

Question: Is Jesus Gideon Zhi in this context?

chaostards are not gonna like this

>leaves us all hanging, waiting for his return
spot on

Good evening, ladies.

Attached: akuma arioch.png (1273x748, 2.21M)

Is he in Liberation?

Whats up my fellow demon downloaders.

>DEBIR DOWNLOADAH!!
still sounds cheesy 2bh

Can any true fans analyze my soundtrack collection for SMT and tell me if I categorized them wrongly or if I'm missing anything important?

Attached: Untitled.png (346x401, 12K)

>no #FE OST

Attached: 46.png (480x489, 297K)

i do i just don't count it as SMT

my man

Attached: This is sad.jpg (640x357, 61K)

Nothing much, going through my anki reps so I eventually get more games to play.

youtu.be/KpbD--RVDyA

Attached: Hellno.png (277x355, 176K)

I agree with most of what he's saying.
Negotiation in P2 is funny for a few laughs but you a) don't have to do it b) it gets really tedious if you try to use it to power up.

I just started back at it recently after dropping it for a couple of years. My studying was shit though so I'm only just now learning grammar.

whats anki? something to do with japanese? i've been trying to learn hiragana and all, but i just dont "feel" like it a lot of the time. i just want to move to japan but i need to learn.

anki is a flash card software you can use for studying a lot of different stuff but it's really good for learning vocabulary/kanji.

First off, LOL at your attempt to imply that Gid is incompetent. Secondly, nowhere does he say that he doesn't want to do the translation. Why do you think it is unreasonable for someone to desire less harassment wrt a project they are working on?

oh yeah? what makes it specifically good? does it really help?

Well there's a lot of resources already available for it such as a core2k kanji deck.
djtguide.neocities.org/guide.html

The hell is a shunni/iskai

Do you have the Triangulum map track from Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker? All I could find was this: youtube.com/watch?v=PmSZ-er5fPg
But it's low quality and hurts my ears.

how exactly do you study? i'm not good at studying. i feel like i am memorizing shit rather than studying. i could probably recall which hiragana is which if i saw it but when i try to write them i get a blank and have to think really hard

>i feel like i am memorizing shit rather than studying
Memorizing shit is studying.

Every time I successfully answer a review question, I masturbate. For the past ten years my brain has been hardwired to reward academic progress with orgasms.

Gideon is Jesus in every context

Damn that's hardcore

Punished Gid bears the burden of people asking him for updates when you know damn well, he just posted an update about the game 9 years ago!

>i could probably recall which hiragana is which if i saw it but when i try to write them i get a blank and have to think really hard
You shouldn't let that discourage you. Writing is something you need to practice if you want to do it, it's completely separate from understanding. I'm at the point where I can play basically any game I want in Japanese and I can't even write hiragana from memory because it's a pointless skill for me.

Attached: 7.jpg (640x384, 84K)

I don't know about you, but why is Gideon the only person out of all the Megaten fan translators that blows up whenever someone asks him a question about a project he has been sitting on for years? Compared to DDStrans or Tom (or pretty much everyone but Gideon), he comes off as a crybaby and this project that he obviously doesn't enjoy working on is his only tool to stay relevant in 2018.

stay mad, gideon shill

Attached: 1508525433457.png (512x512, 181K)

twitter.com/GideonZhi/status/978323201611595778 WHAT THE FUCK IS HIS PROBLEM

it seems hard as shit. first i have to know the characters. then i feel like i have to know the characters in romaji because i have to say them, and then i have to know what they mean.

characters>romaji>meaning

for example ハセヲ is ha se o. and if it had a meaning then i would have to know it. then i would understand the characters. how do you do it. its so hard. its so much

> doesn't want his ego stroked
> has ego so big he refuses to let go of a project he hates
> can't think of an excuse for this other than certain fans annoying him

gg gidders

Attached: giddey-z.png (577x228, 26K)

Let's give him even more attention. I'm sure that will motivate him to release if.

Hey. He's like the only person I follow on twitter. They sent me an email to inform me of his crying and in the ten years I've been waiting I've never asked this faggot about it.

You're overcomplicating things, I think. You learn can learn vocabulary once you've learnt how the hiragana/katakana are pronounced (which shouldn't take more than a week or two, even with a weak study method like brute forcing/learning by rote).

I don't get what you mean by having to "know" the character before you learn the romaji/pronunciation. It isn't like Kanji where knowing the meaning of the symbol can sometimes help you remember words. You should be learning to identify and pronounce them at the same time. They don't have a "meaning", just a pronunciation.

Trust me though, its so worth it if you keep at it. My study habits are SHIT and I overcomplicated the entire process for myself, but I'm still learning and every day I get a little closer to being able to read and play native material and it feels great.

You're spending too much of your energy worrying about it instead of just doing it. Your brain can handle it, I promise.

Does Gideon have autism?

Pretty shit desu

It's another megami tensei spinoff like Raidou or DDS.

I think he's just looking for an excuse to jack in fantranslation, even though it was his translation work that got him a job as a professional in the games industry.

I think he's also really pissed that people weren't falling over themselves to thank him for doing a quick translation job on a game series literally no one asked for (the Great Battle series) that still manages to be more than his sum total output the last few years!

Gideon isn't even a translator anyway, he's a programmer.

The way you hear him tell, he does everything, up to and including, giving birth to the original programmers of the games.

>he finally just says fuck it and cancels it
>the team that did KMT picks it up and gets it done within a year
PLEASE KEEP PESTERING HIM

Attached: 1490153946710.gif (400x300, 2.93M)

If... is shit anyway.

Yeah, the hate went towards Tartarus, the story AND social links. Tartarus should be self-explanatory, the story never hooked me in and social links bore me to death. I can't feel attachment to any of the characters because they don't affect the story at all.

Attached: Ineverfeltlike.jpg (580x435, 79K)

What happened to the Devil Summoner fan translation? I haven't checked these threads in a while

Attached: 1490565662404.jpg (1248x1504, 171K)

ur shit gideon

twitter.com/GideonZhi/status/978668582019231744

Fuck off Gideon. I got an email about this shit. I'm only waiting for SMT V and if... and I've never bothered you. Stop asking to have your dick sucked.

Surely Gideon isn't the only person in the world capable of making a translation patch? What's stopping a competent translator from just doing the work themselves?

Attached: 1404303927912.png (561x497, 48K)

Why can't I find an ISO of the original non FES version of P3 anywhere?
Does it even exist?

The fact that it's a shitload of work and you get literally nothing in return for doing it. I don't mind translating for people if it's something really short, but I can't view people who translate entire games for free as anything but insane.

Literally no one knows. Fans do autistically tedious things for games all the time, but for some reason no one wants to do this one thing.

It does exist. I have it on my hard-drive and on my shelf.

I'm not saying it's easy, I'm just surprised that no passionate MegaTen fan has taken the matter into their own hands yet.

It takes more than passion. And as for "taking the matter into their own hands" that implies that someone who knows Japanese would be frustrated by Gideon, which would be silly since they could just play the game on their own already.

I LOVE TOKI

Attached: images.jpg (292x173, 6K)

Gideon announced this project ages ago and why would you waste your time translating a whole game if someone else is doing it? Hopefully his tantrum from yesterday motivates others to translate it though

Attached: 1486606864967.png (492x442, 268K)

In the years I've been waiting for this. I probably could have done it.

You know why I never took up romhacking though? Gideon was on it. Turns out that now he just doesn't want to work on it and will blame other people for it. He can always just create another twitter account, talk with friends and do whatever but he's chosen to keep his identity public.
If he'd been upfront with people that he likely wasn't going to finish it, they would have started work on it. He "can" complete it, he says. He just won't.

I think I found it.
it's this one right emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/P3_-_Persona_3_(Europe)/154044
?

More like Noki

>why would you waste your time translating a whole game if someone else is doing it?
This. It's because he claimed both this, Majin Tensei 1 and 2. His own page on the site says that it's 95% done.
Why on earth would anyone in their right mind start from scratch on it when he's supposedly 5% away from finishing it.

For the novelty of finishing an infamously untranslated game before some asshole whos been working on it for a decade does

Megaten fans here can only whining about newest games.

Attached: kag_dead.png (145x80, 20K)

t. Gideon

Hey guys, what's the deal with Gideon?
youtu.be/_V2sBURgUBI

baddesthacks.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=619

What did he mean by this?

THE HERO WE DESERVE.

I'm going to push him over the edge over twitter. I'm doing it for you guys. It'll be better this way.

Based

A real hero

He seems new to this. I wouldn't take his word for it until he's assembled a proper team.

Isn't there a translated script for if...? If so someone should tell these guys

I'm having more trouble with the mini-bosses from The Answer than I ever had with the majority of Nocturne's bosses.

Attached: 19875452_1361072817339651_242370528781301867_n.jpg (480x330, 31K)

There's a text translation available here, but I don't know if it's good or not: gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/563025-shin-megami-tensei-if/faqs/28827

You're playing the realest SMT game now.

Gotta master that tactics menu my dude

Attached: 1425476991832.png (600x424, 266K)

Honestly The Answer can be a load of shit sometimes. I really don't blame anyone for having issues in it.
However if you're emulating, get the new cheat thing that allows for party control

>cheat

Attached: 1430073985470.jpg (765x1024, 69K)

Technically speaking it is because it uses PCSX2's cheat function but it really isn't a cheat in nature

Persona 3 is the real SMT 3.

>unintended function that makes the game easier
>not a cheat
??

>needlessly tedious bullshit
>a genuinely good function that you should suffer through

>unintended function that makes the bad outdated game more comfortable

Attached: Oshira-Mitra.png (500x607, 366K)

My imagine was meant to express disdain that you would suggest cheating as a solution to a struggling user

It's the way the developers intended it to be played.

Attached: 1475987073890.png (359x750, 364K)

You can enjoy the game more with cheating, but don't try to paint it as anything but cheating.

>bad outdated game
Nobody is talking about the first-person megoomy tencents though.

>wake up
>new /smtg/ thread
>almost entire thread is gideon shit
What tbe fuck?

Attached: 1521780428900.png (400x400, 90K)

Because Gideon went full autist.

no, that's aspect raidou

Attached: 1516818302615.jpg (800x319, 47K)