The great happening discussion

An attempt at an all encompassing discussion general to explore the possible outcomes when "it" happens (and it will happen). A refuge maybe to clear the head for a while from the constant bombardment of new shit-coin threads.

Subjects to be discussed such as:
-Where will the smart money flee
-How far and wide will the contagion be
-How long will it last
-Do you have a strategy in mind (buy the dip, foreign stocks, PMs)
-War and the resurrection of commodities?

Please no prepping discussion, keep it financial related. Plenty of opportunity for preppers to discuss MREs over at /k/

Other urls found in this thread:

cointelegraph.com/news/rothschild-dumps-us-dollar-for-gold-other-currencies-bitcoin
zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-19/rothchilds-buying-gold-greatest-money-experiment-history-world
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_of_the_Late_Middle_Ages
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you talking about in the US or a global financial collapse?

That's why i made the thread. I'm trying to discern the likely outcomes of a dotcom 2.0 crash and the ramifications or contagion.
We had a dotcom crash that resulted in housing bubble followed by a subsequent crash and financial collapse resulting in QE policy that's inflated an even bigger dotcom bubble.

live update: I actually i made this thread before I even saw the 2.5% drop today.

The money has to go somewhere right? Or is it just wiped out. I was asleep financially during 2008 and finishing high school during 99 so I don't know what happened outside what the MSM told me (mostly bullshit). What industries thrived during this time? Gold/silver mines? Oil?
Little known or recognized foreign markets?

>To predict the future, look at the past

The biggest thing I've learned by researching past "the big one" type of crashes is to not underestimate bartering or the black market desu. The government and (((banks))) seize everything on plebs like us. Admittedly I haven't looked into where people put their stocks into.

Modern examples of this happening would be Greece or Venezuela. I'm not trying to shill here, but BTC investment has risen in Venezuela because it's the only place their government can't get to. My plan is to move whatever I can out of my bank (if they let me) and put into crypto.

I dunno mate I don't reckon crypto will fair too well. The only truly safe bet is land and guns to defend it but that's going a bit far. Traditionally commodities and government bonds have been the safe harbours.
I'm just holding cash at the moment. Hopefully the bank's don't collapse otherwise bye bye electric numbers. I reckon tech stock in the u.s. will be the hardest hit followed by European banks. Probably housing markets like Australia and Canada will take a dive especially the inner city. Options to sell on tech stock could be a thing but I don't really play that game.

Once it unfolds I'll make a move with my cash. Currently hold about half a mil.

Traditional investments like stocks and housing tanked.
Reserves like gold and silver flourished.

They are a powerful weapon in a bad economy. Stocks are cheap. Land and housing is cheap. Your country's fiat currency may also become cheap to buy into.

Meanwhile, most people live paycheck to paycheck and are completely unprepared for the consequences and many had big holdings in the stock market right before the crash.

A stagnant economy gives you two choices: make gain out of other's losses or prepare to get railroaded.

>what industries thrived during this time?

Any business that has the lowest cost. Thrift shops, low cost grocery stores, and surprisingly bars. Any business that offers luxury items will close. Think salons, gadget stores, etc... things you don't need but can afford now because you want it.

Some personal stories from the 2008 crash:

My cousin and her boyfriend at the time opened an assistant living home for people with mental illnesses. They struggled for a few years, making pennies per hour, and worked constantly. But they made it and now have a waiting list to get in.

Our family business (HVAC) barely survived. They low balled all the estimates and took any job they could get. The bookkeeper was actually stashing an extra 10% away each month for a few years that no one knew about until it happened, which turned out to save the company. Some people were laid off during that time and we're rehired after. Some of the employees actually refused to be laid off and asked for a huge pay cut because they wanted to stay. So that's what we did and their salaries were restored after it passed.

Will crypto be the go-to haven in the next crash

I'm not saying guns and ammo won't be the priority because it will. Food, water, medications, soap, etc... I'm familiar. Thats why I brought up the black market without getting into the "prepping" side of it.

Crypto would do well unless it's a global financial crisis. In a way it a global stock market. People in other countries are going through it now, but it hasn't stopped us from pumping the system. I'm sure if the US crashes, China wouldn't hesitate to scoop those dips.

lurking for more like this.

When an economy starts to tank and people begin to see an increasingly wider panoramic of losses everywhere, they tend to panic and cash out. It becomes a race out the door.

What do they do with their money that they cashed out of sinking ships?

Financial institutions tend to cut back on yields and interest rates significantly, so if someone was making 15% returns into passive income before the crash, they certainly wouldn't go for a a CD or a bond with a fucking 3% interest rate.

The solution: put it in reserves until the economy recovers and/or completely collapses so you have a lot of spending power.

Meanwhile, the dollar is crashing. So if that same person who was once getting 15% reserves managed to get out at 80%, the sinking dollar will only make his loss more significant.

A good solution would then be to put it in reserves, which crypto is increasingly of good use for.

Consider this - It only took Bitcoin a few years to surpass the ATH of gold, and gold has retained a top-tier value since ancient times and before any semblance of our economy was even in place.

Off topic but you think governments will let people walk around with more money than their yearly GDP in their cellphones?

>Reserves like gold and silver flourished.

We shit on PM a lot around here but it's true, if it doesn't get confiscated. It's happened in the past and it could happen again depending on the situation. I think people make the mistake of looking at PM as an investment, but it's really a good way to store wealth, not necessarily a way to make you more rich. The gold rush days have been long gone boys, unless you work for the Clinton's, kek.

The other interesting thing I hear about is how they store PM. Some people get bars and try to bury it in their backyard. Not sure if they realize it yet but we have satellites and drones now and our government is hellbent on surveilling us. Hopefully they buried it under a tree because that would alleviate the satellite issue. Not sure what to do about those drones though. At least you can use coins to purchase items from one of (((them))) around the corner of your grocery store when they run out of food. Cutting up those bars doesn't sound very pleasant.

I don't know, this is why I wanted to open the discussion while trying to avoid the prepper angle. Crypto is only good so long as the servers are on. JM bullion is now selling PMs for bitcoin and you save on fees compared to traditional card/pay pal sales

Did gold and silver miners boom? Or did they get caught in the crash with everything else? Im in Australia and invested in the lithium meme which isn't doing great. My stock portfolio is down 20% but my crypto is up 250% and has surpassed my stock+gold/silver holdings

>The other interesting thing I hear about is how they store PM. Some people get bars and try to bury it in their backyard. Not sure if they realize it yet but we have satellites and drones now and our government is hellbent on surveilling us. Hopefully they buried it under a tree because that would alleviate the satellite issue. Not sure what to do about those drones though. At least you can use coins to purchase items from one of (((them))) around the corner of your grocery store when they run out of food. Cutting up those bars doesn't sound very pleasant.

That's an old habit, but one that comes out of wisdom. The generations that suffered during the Great Depression were redpilled on banks. The youngest of those generations were the GIs.

They got through the tough times and built multi-million dollar companies, but many still kept all their cash and hid/buried it. One old industrialist in my area used to do it on a worksite he owned. They had to get metal detectors and survey the whole yard to find all the money he buried.

This attitude changed drastically with the boomers. Banks embraced the boomers at a young and impressionable age (one bank flew the peace symbol in the early 70s, I shit you not). They put far more trust into banks than any generation before them.

Yeah the prepping aspect is only useful in the event of a total catastrophic collapse which is once in a thousand years.

If the U.S. stock market crashes the western world follows. Safe money is usually U.S. gov bonds because if you loose on that you're basically at that once in a thousand year place.

Gold usually thrives in unstable times but it hasn't been performing as you'd expect lately so not really sure about that. Also you want gold in the hand because if some company hands you a bit of paper that says you own gold then goes bankrupt good luck claiming dick from anyone.

I'm really curious to see how crypto performs in the next crash. I don't hold any crypto currently but I'm tempted to throw a few k at it for shits and giggles.

> every 1000 years

So somewhere after the year 1017 there was a global catastrophic event in which the Mayans suffered from dark aged European economics?

Gold and Silver are massively leveraged as well as manipulated lower through futures contracts. There's many hundreds more paper GLD and SLV that exist than physical metal. If the great crashening happens, then presumably they will all start to demand physical delivery and since demand will FAR out strip supply, the price will adjust upwards accordingly.

Having said that, we've been told the "big one" is any day now and Gold and Silver prices will be $10,000 & $500 respectively for the last 10 years. I'm starting to get tired of waiting because it seems TPTB can keep their fraud going indefinitely at this point. I guess one day they might be right. Until that day, I'll keep stacking.

Since the people ITT seem to be red pilled, in case you missed it last summer the Rosthchilds stated that their central banking system is failing and moved a large portion of their money into specifically gold and "other currencies."

cointelegraph.com/news/rothschild-dumps-us-dollar-for-gold-other-currencies-bitcoin

zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-19/rothchilds-buying-gold-greatest-money-experiment-history-world

What those "other currencies" are we don't know but I've always assumed its crypto. I've kept it in mind as im watching big companies rally behind ETH and the banks behind Ripple, and it only affirms my original thought.

I've never actually considered (((them))) doing that before, but I'll keep it in mind. Makes sense.

Preach.

Silver all the way.

kewl post op

*Rothschilds. Forgot to mention that this is where the "smart money" is going to today. Soros and all of those sneaky bastards.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_of_the_Late_Middle_Ages

That's the thing I can't really shake. I think we are around that time. Look at what's happening around us:

1. Only 2 countries left that aren't on the global banking system: North Korea and Iran (make sense why we're going to war with them?) I'm not counting Cuba because that's in the process of happening without a war. Go ahead and look into vacations to Cuba right now. They're all global bullshit trips.

2. Western countries have had wealth depleted to help the KANGZ and refugees. Both of which are petri dishes for testing biometrics with.

3. Housing bubbles and rising bubbles in all of the Western world and ridiculous debt because of that and education in the case of the US

4. China's economy sucks ass. Russia is cucked due to sanctions.

5. Big corporations running wild with the UN's agendas, especially with their ridiculous Millennial Development projects in Kanglands.

I really don't know what the world is going to look like in 30 years, which is my lifetime too, Something is happening, it's just hard to predict. If I had to predict a time frame it'll be shortly after we win the wars against Iran and North Korea. Who knows what China or Russia will do after that, but the good news is we have at least 8 years before then.