/wotg/- World of Tanks General

Illusionz
Illusionz

Previous thread: veekyforums.com/thread/209463587/video-games

Chieftain-san edition!

Welcome back to all returning players! 1.0 is here!

Where do I look up tanks?
tanks.gg/

Play with friends too!

Clans:
EU: NOPAN - eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500136066/
NA: NEET - na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000043295/
PS4: BLAPS - console.worldoftanks.com/en/clans/ps4/BLAPS/

Attached: 800px-Chieftain-Bovington-2006.jpg (180 KB, 800x1004)

Other urls found in this thread:

veekyforums.com/thread/209463587/video-games
console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/ships-about-to-go-down/

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

1st for anime

Attached: mpv-shot0011-(23).jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080)

idontknow
idontknow

veekyforums.com/thread/209463587/video-games
which leads to good players farming reds
welcome to WoT. My goal is that all the reds are equal in numbers and types of tanks. So if your LT rushes off to die in the first 20 seconds, hopefully the enemy LT also dies in the first 20 seconds. What happens instead is that one of the LTs on the team is good and that team wins.

Everybody knows that arty and TDs don't carry. What matters is if the medium and heavy players are decent and if your team has better spotting than the enemy. LTs don't carry either, but they can ensure that your camping TDs are extra worthless.

TechHater
TechHater

I liked most of what you said in the previous thread, but you're clearly an idiot. Arty, td, and light can all carry in the right game.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

LTs, TDs and arty can help to carry, but you'd have to admit that the bulk of the work still has to be done by meds and heavies. Without them, a team can't do much.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Entirely depends on how many of each class are in the game, what are top tier, and the map. In my experience it is easier to carry as a light.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Without them, a team can't do much.

Not even true. A good player can carry in every class, it might help to get a bunch of Type 5s and Mauses on Hitlersdorf, but they could lose still if they're all retarded. Player skill matters far more than what type of tank he is in. On an open map I'd bet my money on lights and TDs over a heavy.

StonedTime
StonedTime

exception proves the rule
usually they don't, but I'll grant that arty got a map buff in the new superflat maps.

Arty and TD gameplay is usually passive and needs:
Friendlies to spot
Enemies to blunder into the open so the TD has a shot
TD/Arty skill has very limited control over the actions of other players. LT often have the problem of either a shit gun or can't fire without being spotted so you must again rely on friendly players to take advantage of the spotting. Backline mop-up of campers is of course the major exception for LTs.

For MT and HT you hold or pressure corners, angle your armor, spot for your damn self and flank/weakspot seek. Player skill and positioning knowledge is the primary factor.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Enemies to blunder into the open so the TD has a shot

They do this all the time. And not every TD is a bush camper.

eGremlin
eGremlin

I want to like this game since WT went to absolute garbage, but tanks surviving multiple hits at point blank range is so fucking stupid.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Just play chinese tanks if you want the oneshot experience.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

tanks surviving multiple hits at point blank range is so fucking stupid.

So is people surviving multiple gunshots to the face in every other shooter. It's just how the game works, get over it or go back bore thunder.

RumChicken
RumChicken

if you spot as a LT and your team doesn't shoot your spotted targets you won't win. If you TD/Arty and your team doesn't spot targets, you won't win. If you play MT/HT and your team manages to leave the spawn and live long enough for you not to get 1v10 rushed around a corner, you can win with an ace tanker and a shitload of medals.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

FUCK I forgot to turn on accelerated crew training on the fucking reward tank.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

stop playing tank arma to play tank cod
wtf why isn't it realistic

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

you not to get 1v10 rushed around a corner, you can win with an ace tanker and a shitload of medals.

But you fucking won't.

SniperGod
SniperGod

but tanks surviving multiple hits at point blank range is so fucking stupid.
Yeah this so much unlike the Soviet WT tanks who absolutely die in a single hit and do not bounce most of the shots or have them deal no damage

girlDog
girlDog

not spending gold to convert free xp
do you even open wallet?

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Reward tank
)))))))

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

WT
tank arma
+5 GE

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

This. WT players act like their shit is realistic but it's just counterstrike with tanks and shit controls.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Tank operation flashpoint?

DeathDog
DeathDog

No, never, but all the damned free xp on tanks I either forgot to turn on accelerated training, or that I overshot before eliting, makes me consider dropping however much it would take. How many burgerbucks would it cost to get rid of 89k xp?

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Look in-game.

Emberburn
Emberburn

89k isn't even that much dude. I've seen people convert a million before.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

I'm a casual.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Give all your shekels to WG you filthy fat goy.

JunkTop
JunkTop

If you actually wanna do it wait for a XP conversion special and get a discount.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

tfw wanna play tenks but can't stop fapping and get out of bed

Attached: 1521904112881.jpg (44 KB, 593x601)

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

#justunicumthings

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Cool cool

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/ships-about-to-go-down/

WG rickrolling people in 2018

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

84.7 second mark
get shot by a t92 1100
Outskilled again sure glad xvm sniping doesn’t exist
Sometimes I wonder why arty players don’t regularly get gangraped by a pack of wild niggers

Evilember
Evilember

arty are the bonus damage, credits and xp you get for driving into the enemy base first.

Evilember
Evilember

sits idle with no objects to block shells from enemy base to his tank
waah mom why did I get clicked there are like 14 other players who have the minimal mental capacity required to not sit idle waah why me :^((

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

get hit square on by a T92
live to tell about it

You would have died before faggot.

girlDog
girlDog

don't be so camperino next time xd

Attached: 1509613754104.jpg (270 KB, 750x728)

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

xd

Attached: Screenshot-1.png (922 KB, 1005x668)

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

At point blank range even Gayjew bias isn't saving them though.

w8t4u
w8t4u

why didn't you carry as a TD?

5mileys
5mileys

There is so much wrong about this post that I don't even know where to begin.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

tier 10 lights should camp behind rocks all game
your logic is pretty shitty my dude

Techpill
Techpill

tank arma

WT arcade is even dumber than WoT.

JunkTop
JunkTop

the game lasted less than 3 mins, how the fuck can you carry a team if there is none after 2 fucking minutes into the game.

you go try not to get flanked and raped up in the ass by a light and a med at the same time and then tell me.

RumChicken
RumChicken

Fucking retard.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

tier 10 lights should just sit idle after getting spotted and let the T92 reticle contract to its minimum

based orange logic

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

I didn't really play WT, so I can't know better, and attitude of WT players ("hurr it's better than WoT in every possible aspect durr why you don't like everything about WT, it's superior to WoT") doesn't make me want to try.

Attached: snek.jpg (35 KB, 604x601)

Booteefool
Booteefool

going full speed
Your logic is even shitter than before

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

I'm pretty sure most WT players are disillusioned for a long time.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

WT can be okay but it really isn't fun The people who play it have this inferiorty complex towards WoT so they constantly have to shitpost and tell us how much better their game is. It's sad really because they know their game has almost the same problems.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

queue inna WZ-132-1 because I like that tank
cool top tier 3/5/7
end up being the only on my team to do more than 2k damage
only tier 10 to do more than 1k
we had an IS-7 and a 430U

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

end my life

Attached: Screenshot-3.png (901 KB, 1001x642)

eGremlin
eGremlin

TD cuckbaby mad he is not allowed to farm ez damage
Keep going.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

exclusively play bush TDs
wtf i did 3k when everyone was dead, why we lose?

hairygrape
hairygrape

not playing them aggressively

I siggy

cum2soon
cum2soon

implying a red like you can

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

doesn't even own the tank

askme
askme

I have a skorpion, Strv S1, and a 103B and 60+% WR in all three. Try again.

cum2soon
cum2soon

Attached: 🤔.jpg (232 KB, 979x832)

Spamalot
Spamalot

gets BTFO
shitposts in response

like pottery

happy_sad
happy_sad

team quality collapsing
MTLS-1G14 added to garage
Adriaaaan!

Soft_member
Soft_member

Attached: 1436207137459.png (26 KB, 1187x846)

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

everybody on your team actually inflicted some damage, that's great.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

pre-1.0 Erlenberg was way better than post-1.0 Erlenberg. If your team weren't a bunch of Polish monkeys, you could win on assault on that map by pressing both sides. Now you have to cross no man's land while every redline shitter shoots at you before you can even think of flushing them out.

King_Martha
King_Martha

20kmh top speed
No gun depression
No gun elevation
148 pen/140 alpha
Middle turret
Ineffective armor
How the actual fuck are you supposed to play the Churchill VII?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Haven't played this for like 2 years, probably lost my profile since I changed emails. Is this new big update worth checking out?

SniperGod
SniperGod

you aren't

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Erlenberg 1.0 is a one lane map. The lane is the city.

w8t4u
w8t4u

No

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

The MTLS is fun. Imagine the M3 Stuart with a 3 round 37mm autoloader that has good pen. Now reduce it to 2 rounds, make both shots fire over .5 seconds in a single click and set its view range to 0.

It is speedy, it hill humps like a pro, it pens for 70-80ish damage a clip and it can't spot worth a damn.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Ineffective armor
just wait until you get BP

5mileys
5mileys

At least the BP's random hidden sidescraping weakpoint is smaller than the VII's

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

it's not, and since higher tier tanks have bigger guns, it's more likely you'll get tracked and damaged from frontal shots

Attached: ss.jpg (20 KB, 349x353)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

It also has the camo rating of a Type 5 Heavy.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Link to EU discord?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

If your team weren't a bunch of Polish monkeys
eh...

Attached: mostly.jpg (39 KB, 463x337)

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Do most mods work for 1.0 yet?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

got in a YT argument with some douchenozzle trying to say unicums use compass over minimap

I've heard never such retardedness. Why use the HUD that gives you LESS information.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Nah, compare. The BP has spaced armor throughout the whole cavity except the green strip. The VII has more exposed face overall.

That's fairly normal at low tiers, is it not? You'd basically be undetectable otherwise because the tanks are so small.

Attached: convert-free-exp-))))).jpg (165 KB, 1114x596)

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

is this some console trash? who cares about skill on a platform with shit controls

Booteefool
Booteefool

mocks strv players as 0 skill
drives an s. conqueror
absolute state of unicum

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Yes, but most of the crosshairs are still missing/partially working and soundmods have minor issues

happy_sad
happy_sad

So what do you think about 1.0?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

What's it like being retarded user?

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

they have literally the same (shit) armour on wheels
not to mention that guns with enough pen/girth can simply ignore the spaced armour and then track and deal damage at once from any angle

FastChef
FastChef

some maps are the same but have a bunch of visual shit added.
some maps got turned into flat campfests of cancer
everyone is mad except artillery players and redline campers

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Pretty to look at, messy to navigate, general flatness

Playboyize
Playboyize

prettier but nothing changed

Firespawn
Firespawn

improved eyecandy to attract new players while the core issues of the game are untouched. Also a forced FotM premium tank in the back of your garage so you have a higher chance of buying it, because the forced daily splash ad on login just wasn't enough

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

dead

Skullbone
Skullbone

Terrible maps. Stupid map design allowing for hard camps with no chance of aggressive play. All the new and altered maps have new points of interest that comprise of ridges near map edges, bushes next to hard cover, and huge flat expanses of nothingness surrounding. Super retarded design that allows for no approach, unless you rush it like great grand pappy did in the patriotic war and take huge losses. All this does is promote shit play, aka ""playing for the draw"" aka ""waiting for the enemy to be more bored than your team and then you win as they suicide because the game sucks"". Erlenberg was a great map absolutely nigged up. Steppes could have used some touch ups on the hills but they had to add super gay TD promoted no-go zones. Glacier is basically the Malinovka field made into a map with stupid gimmicks like having that mental carrier balcony covering the only flank not overlooked by every base camping TD in existence. Fisherman's Bay i have no clue i played it once at tier 5
all in all wargaming is shit, they want drawing games since longer games means more gold rounds. arty play is promoted since they all play with gold loadouts and food. 268 4 still in game because fuck you

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

268 4 still in game because fuck you
Also buffs planned.

idontknow
idontknow

xa-xa-xa
what???

Soft_member
Soft_member

not balanced enough tovarisch )))

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Unimpressed to be desu. Some of the map changes are nice in some tanks, but overall they don't feel like improvements. Only because I'm trying to get ace on Strv 74 do I like the ridges, because other meds can't hull down where that tank can. Still waiting for spaghetti tanks to hit so I can turn in my campaign things for pasta girls.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Q: How is the Obj. 268 V4 doing?
A: There are a lot of voices, both good and bad, but that means that the tank is balanced. A nerf is improbable, but a buff very possible.
thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/03/03/wot-qa-stream-02-03-2018/

SniperWish
SniperWish

Can someone explain to me why IS-7 is so damn painful to play?
God fucking damn. Less pen? Motherfucker are you serious?
The fucking T-10 makes a better Tier 10
All this "IS-4 need buff" shit better not be a meme since im on the doorstep of ST-1. Even the IS-4 has a better gun. damn it wargaming.

Methnerd
Methnerd

Russian troll armour doesnt account for not penning a simple tank.
258 and 340 to 250 and 303 is unacceptable.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

On the Centurion 7/1 if I carry the premium HESH should I bother with the regular HE? It seems redundant to have both.

idontknow
idontknow

Play the 5A if you want a HEAT shell.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Just load full HESH. Play a mini 183

Lunatick
Lunatick

Keep a couple of shells so you don't feel like you're wasting your money when cleaning up bushcamping paper TDs at the end of rounds.
If you are willing to burn credits then just go with premium.

cum2soon
cum2soon

I have no issue with HEAT or APCR, just pen.

RavySnake
RavySnake

How much xp for is-m when it hits console
~80k?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

You're a funny lad

I have like 20 million credits so I guess I'll go with the premium.

Methshot
Methshot

80k xp for a tier 10 heavy
nigga u dumb

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

58k from IS on PC.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

IS-M
tier 10
Bruh

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Hopefully it just never comes to console. We don't need any of the garbage PC got in the last three or four patches besides the Super Conqueror and maybe the Foch B.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

nigga i dumb

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

So when exactly are Italian tanks coming out?

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Sometime in June, allegedly.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Hopefully it just never comes to console.
Dude. We may not get everything, but regarding tanks. Oh boy. No exceptions. Is there any tank the devs specifically let out so far? We got the Skorpion, the Chrysler, the Defender, the Patriot and not to mention all the other old, power-creeped tier 8 prem shit. New lines are also added after some delay. You can bet your cute, little butt that we will get every tank PC has judging by their policies up to now.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Well thanks for calling butt cute I guess. However, I don't mind getting the powercreep premiums because I bought most of them. If the console devs disagree with changing the 263 and 430 to tier IX we might never get the new russian bias tanks. The soviet tree is overloaded and they know it, if there is enough negative player response in the forums they might also reconsider. I can't really think of any tanks they've purposefully left out, but they've shown themselves willing to nerf blatantly OP stuff like the Defender and the Nameless (though they can burn in hell for nerfing the latter).

TechHater
TechHater

Russians are so shit at this game that most of them have PM disables so you can't even call them "retarded faggots" when they inevitably throw a game.

idontknow
idontknow

All this "IS-4 need buff" shit better not be a meme since im on the doorstep of ST-1
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
you're fucked

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

What crew skills to take for T32 if I plan on transferring them to the M103?

Illusionz
Illusionz

Free XP so you don't have to suffer the stock M103.

idontknow
idontknow

That doesn't answer my question desu.

hairygrape
hairygrape

I'm not really able to answer your question because of the way crew training works for me. Just know that the stock M103 is not to be fucked with.

farquit
farquit

repair bia aiming view range

girlDog
girlDog

You take whatever you want on the Patriot/T34, since there's no reason to actually go up the American heavy line anymore

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Free XP so you don't have to suffer the M103.
Fixed

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

The Krusty Krab pizza is the pizza, for you and me!

Illusionz
Illusionz

Is the E5 really that bad? I thought it was okay.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

The M103 is fun and one of my favorite tanks so much so that I kept it.. It's probably powercrept to shit for you guys though, and I wouldn't free XP to the E5 either in the current meta.

Methshot
Methshot

If they gave it the Blitz and remove the cupola it'd great.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

reinstall
play one mediocre leo game
log back in a few days later to a message
Reported and banned you PAY TO WIN coward POS
what a warm welcome

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

It's amazing how much hate this game generates in humans.

Skullbone
Skullbone

This tank has some bonkers DPM with the 20 pounder.

Attached: IMG-20180328-185243.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080)

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

bump

Snarelure
Snarelure

Page 10!

MPmaster
MPmaster

finally I can be free

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

The retard isn't wrong though

Attached: 1517948760154.png (5 KB, 235x244)

5mileys
5mileys

page 10 again

Maybe we should let it rest.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

I feel this, all the maps seem to have been smacked with a hammer. The biggest hills pre 1.0 are now just bumps. There's almost no cover across all these new fields, was trying to scout the other day and found that there wasn't any aggressive scouting spots.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

There aren't any spots for non-artillery to shoot the targets you do manage to spot agressively. Everyone is fucking passive.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Who /tired tanker/ here?

getting close to 30k games
my old platoon pals have quit
so used to platooning4fun that solo is 100% triggermode
got every tank I want, remaining grinds are just absolutely meh tier

Maybe sell account? hmm

Playboyize
Playboyize

still posting this epic mistranslation may may ecks dee

Nojokur
Nojokur

Me. I hit 18k battles in less than two years so I've played a fuckton in a short period. My mates are still playing but I'm losing motivation to keep going everyday.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Maps are flat, people whine about snipers
Maps given hills, people whine about needed gold ammo to kill heavies
Maps flattened again, people whine that snipers are killing their heavies
I want original Karelia brought back for a while to make people understand true suffering.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

*Komarin

Firespawn
Firespawn

This game is full of people whiny people if you haven't noticed.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

I don't like passive play. The new maps encourage passive play. I don't like it.

TechHater
TechHater

drawing games since longer games means more gold rounds
That's some Alex Jones tier shit right here.

arty play is promoted
Does anyone even play arty anymore? I still like my leFuuu, because of the ROF and occasional (near) oneshots, but that's about it.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit