Oracles, did people actually think they were real?

Did people back then actually think they had powers?

>Did people back then actually think they had powers?
Divination models can go either way in positing personal power. Many of them put the power in the divination tools themselves.

In the end, though, I don't think it's a matter of "belief" for most diviners in history. It yielded meaningful answers for them. That's why it persists (And I'm not talking about the shitty newspaper 'horoscope').

were the oracles all women or were there male oracles as well?

Probably only halfway kinda. Like kek in modern times. Some shit is uncanny, and there seems to be an unseen realm, but I doubt they believed everything they said 100% verbatim.

And what, exactly, is uncanny (let alone Veeky Forums) about another incredibly stale dubs maymay?

people will still pay for fortune tellers, palm readers, etc. it's the same thing really.

>charging people money for your divinatory services
Absolutely disgusting.

do you do it for free?

Frogs in Trump tower, and being discovered in ancient egypt. And I was more or less just using it as a parallel.

Well, sometimes I'll ask a querent to toss a Hot Pockets™ brand sandwich into the microwave for me ;^)

checked. also the kek shit is really silly when sequential digits can be predicted

i-it's just a coincidence

If the presence of frogs is a litmus test for Kek's blessings, then the park next to my house must be his temple.

>being discovered in Egypt
Hold the phone, you guys mean to tell me that the Egyptians worshiped anthropomorphized animals? *pfffft*

Meanwhile, I don't think I've seen a single Kekite that could have a meaningful conversation with me about Arum Solis' ogdoadic speculations, let alone Coming Forth by Day or the Pyramid or Coffin Texts.

>being discovered in Egypt
>Hold the phone, you guys mean to tell me that the Egyptians worshiped anthropomorphized animals? *pfffft*
well the frog god's name was specifically kek

Also Keku and Kekui from kkw smꜣw and keku-semau.

In the oldest representations, Kekui is given the head of a serpent, and Kekuit the head of either a frog or a cat. In one scene, they are identified with Ka and Kait; in this scene, Ka-Kekui has the head of a frog surmounted by a beetle and Kait-Kekuit has the head of a serpent surmounted by a disk.

I'd love to see the shitstorm that would ensue if you did a kek-debunking on /pol/

I used to do it all the time when the meme was in it's very infancy and getting spammed by ban evading memeforcers before it 'caught on'.

Anyhow if folks wanna talk about Egyptian ritual and doctrine y'all know where to find me.

>If the presence of frogs is a litmus test for Kek's blessings, then the park next to my house must be his temple.
It is. People posted about finding random frogs in their lawn all the time.

"King Unis is he who eats their charms,
And devours their glorious ones.
Their great ones are for his morning portion,
Their middle ones are for his evening portion,
Their little ones are for his night portion."

>People posted about finding random frogs in their lawn all the time.
OMG how mystical and spoopy, frogs being found, where frogs live.

Yeah, the Cannibal Hymns, etc.
Do you just follow me around itching to make pedophilia accusations or what? Is this Pet3r, again?

"Boy of red lips, pale face, and golden hair,
Of dreamy eyes of love, and finger-tips
Rosy with youth, too fervid and too fair,
Boy of red lips.
How the fond ruby rapier glides and slips
'Twixt the white hills thou spreadest for me there;
How my red mouth immortal honey sips
From thy ripe kisses, and sucks nectar rare
When each the shrine of God Priapus clips
In hot mouth passionate more than man may bear,
Boy of red lips!"