Youtube history channels

Just started to get interested in history, so I'm making a thread where we share youtube history channels. And also so I can have some knowledge here in my garage

I know this board doesn't like CrashCourse, don't know why tho (if you could explain to me), so I'm starting with these

>youtube.com/channel/UCQD-0MjUbDBwm2UTVYr0Dag

>youtube.com/channel/UC22BdTgxefuvUivrjesETjg

Other urls found in this thread:

4chantv.wikia.com/wiki/Podcast_Recommendations#History
youtube.com/channel/UCrI5U0R293u9uveijefKyAA/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p
youtube.com/channel/UCv_vLHiWVBh_FR9vbeuiY-A
youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hgA
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A8E6CE294860A24
youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar
youtube.com/user/britishpathe
youtube.com/watch?v=Dt9I6H0Oi40&t=39s
youtube.com/channel/UCvPXiKxH-eH9xq-80vpgmKQ
youtube.com/channel/UCSkS5vtp5gY3huyVkX4IfMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumpoo

John Green's a huge faggot

Why ?

Because he's a smug lefty faggot

>This machine kills fascists sticker on his Cucktop
Really makes you fucking think

4chantv.wikia.com/wiki/Podcast_Recommendations#History

You didn't explain why you hate him

also where are the channels bois

He did. It's just you who cannot grasp /pol/ reasoning.

Jabzy's 3-minute lessons on historical events are also pretty useful if you want the lowdown on a certain period

Well, I thought I was on Veeky Forums

Extremely simplifies the history in his videos and sometimes he's known to just get shit flat-out wrong

Ryan Reeves is a pretty good channel

>youtube.com/channel/UCrI5U0R293u9uveijefKyAA/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p

Your channels look like meme pop-history bullshit, not gonna lie.

We don't like Crash Course because John Green's "lessons" are very obviously tainted by his political leanings and to add to that he's not a trained historian so he's quite often just wrong on things. For example, in a video on the "dark ages" he just reinforces the stereotype that Western Europe had close to no cultural output and that Christians were superstitious in comparison to Europeans in the classical times (which is quite simply wrong).

This guy has a fairly interesting Channel which focuses predominantly on Rome, specifically the end of the Republic youtube.com/channel/UCv_vLHiWVBh_FR9vbeuiY-A

This guy does videos on military history and they can go into quite a bit of detail. He uses a lot of figures and statistics to back his claims up and explain things which is always nice. youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hgA

these channels look awesome, thanks for the explaination also

I hate crashcourse because of the obtrusive and distracting visual puns that are used constantly to entertain people who aren't directly interested in the subject they're covering, who just want to passively watch the videos until something funny or cute happens, like an Alzheimer's patient in a catatonic state lurched back into consciousness by the sensation of some familiar jingle. "Whaaaa. Was that a Kanye West chibi during the reading of primary source material! OMG!"

It's not the use of humor that annoys me. It's that they constantly use humor that isn't even directly related to the material they're presenting . Humorous asides related to the material is great and irrelevant jokes from time to time is fine, but when it's a constant distraction, I have to wonder what the point of the series truly is. Is it to learn about History or some other academic subject in an entertaining way? Or is it to be entertained, but with the pretense of learning something?

Fuck you John and Hank. Now, that my rant is over, here are some series I really like:

> youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A8E6CE294860A24 -European Civiliization (1648-1945) with John Merriman.

Has a liberal bias but doesn't damage the integrity of this particular series I don't think. If you believe history is fiction and that every historian has a bias, then knowing that bias and comparing the work with the work of other historians, in consideration of their bias, is the way to get at the truth.

> youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar

I enjoy passively watching this from time to time as he covers week for week events of the Great War.

>youtube.com/user/britishpathe

Great primary source material of old 1930s to 1960s propaganda news reals and informational videos: youtube.com/watch?v=Dt9I6H0Oi40&t=39s I watched this video and it cracked me up. Seems slightly condescending in tone or maybe that's just my own bias.

Well there's your problem.

>'we'
Speak for yourself. John Green's political leaning do not bother me. Every historian has a bias, political or otherwise.

I'm no fan of John Green but since you're so butthurt about criticism of the dark ages to mention John's lessons being tainted by political leanings, I have to point of the irony that you would set up strawmen about John arguing that Christians in the dark ages had 'no cultural output' or were more superstitious than in classic times.

John, in his crash course videos from the dark ages to the renaissance, touches on popular misconceptions about the dark ages being a time of no cultural output. There was cultural output, but it is irrefutable that it was unaffected by a Christian bias strongly regulated by the catholic church and what was output was strongly affected by the huge population loses in Europe at the time. He casts doubt on the notion of the Renaissance being a great rebirth.

So please go back to /pol/ if you can't at the very least be honest, let alone by the 'trained historian' that turns his nose to 'pop history' channels, which 'we' expect of every Veeky Forums poster.

>but since you're so butthurt

I'm not? I was using an example from a video I watched a while ago.

>So please go back to /pol/

I don't browse /pol/ nor did I say anything /pol/-tier in there. I don't care if you agree or disagree with me, and I'd say it's pretty much a board-wide consensus that John Green's videos suck donkey turds.

>>This machine kills fascists sticker

That's a bob dylan joke user

Why do you expect a literal stormnigger to get a Bob Dylan related joke? Don't you know that all they listen to is Anime OSTs, Kansas (the band) and exactly two or three different Wagner pieces?

Nah, nah, nah. If we're going to hate John Green, and we all do, we have to be honest and lying about John arguing that the dark ages had 'no cultural output' or John arguing that dark age Christians were superstitious in comparison to peoples of classical times, betrays a bias tainting your own beliefs. Such a strawman makes me suspect that you're from /pol/ not to mention your appeals to authority turning your nose to non trained historians.

But I'm glad you're not butthurt and that you don't care about being called out, user. I too don't browse the alt-right board we call /pol/ and certainly don't make threads of John and Hank's wives being skewered by dark dick.

Ryan Reeves is based. It's a shame I never see him shilled here.

>know this board doesn't like CrashCourse, don't know why tho
Because he's a cuck who should be concentrated in a camp rather than making youtube videos.

>tho
Kill yourself.

Epic History TV

youtube.com/channel/UCvPXiKxH-eH9xq-80vpgmKQ

youtube.com/channel/UCSkS5vtp5gY3huyVkX4IfMw