Wrong

>unemployment 4.6%(full employment)
>tons of high paying jobs
>people can actually afford houses, unlike europeans, canadians, or australians
>best education and healthcare in the world
>20 trillion economy
>strongest currency
>strongest military BY FAR

Americans may not see it, but they have it good, as a third worlder(canadian) looking in, I see it

after reagan defeated the commies and accomplished global capitalist hegemony the rich and savvy entrepreneurs started investing in other countries leaving behind spoiled entitled plebs

>>best education and healthcare in the world
>being this fucking stupid

>people can actually afford houses

lolno. Even "homeowners" rely on shit tons of credit and a mortgage or other loans.

>inb4 "Just like in the ass-end of nowhere in Montana! It's cheap there, idiot!"

Their lack of fucking is reaping its fruit

>>unemployment 4.6%(full employment)
You know our reported unemployment rate only includes people who have looked for work in the past 4 weeks right? If you've given up, you aren't considered unemployed as far as that stat goes.

Our Labor Force Participation Rate is only ~60%. Meaning the real unemployment rate is ~40%.

you consider retired, underaged, and home makers unemployed?

Capitalism is unsustainable

da, we all work in glorious people's republic, comrade

During the golden age of America(50's and 60's) the labour force participation rate was only 50%

The Labor Force Participation Rate does not include the underage, home-makers, nor the retired.

Japan
>99% Japanese

US
>56% White

Japan still exists and will continue to exist. America is going to end up in race wars, with every city eventually looking like Detroit.

kek
thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=LtU3vUOa2sw

Japan isn't isolationist, they trade frequently with other countries.

Also banks gave out billions of yen out for loans but when they didn't perform it all crumbled. This is especially problematic for Japan because banks control EVERYTHING in the country.

Also Japan has really terrible times ahead. They have an incredibly ageing population, a piss poor birth rate and no immigration to make the difference.

I'm posting from there now and it really shows.

How is the work life compared to where you're from (in case you're not a native Japanese)?

So are they gonna go full /m/?

I work as a consultant so I function on Western rules really. They don't expect us to do what they do. But to be honest the myth that they're "efficient" or "smart" workers needs to be dispelled. They work needlessly long hours just to *look* like they're doing heaps of work and much of what they do is filing paper work.

Everything in Japan is for show and involves a whole tonne of ceremony just to make it look like it they're doing a lot. So it'll be 12 am and you're about catch the last train and there will be dozen of salarymen sleeping at the station because they missed the last train and have no way to get home.

/m/?

robots

Too many Keynesian policies

>>people can actually afford houses, unlike europeans, canadians, or australians
>lifetime loans
>affordable housing.
>"BEST" "HEALTHCARE"

>tfw you'll never experience bubble era Japan

>But to be honest the myth that they're "efficient" or "smart" workers needs to be dispelled
What rock have you been living under, this hasn't been a thing since the 90's.

I think Japan is ranked 67th in the world for ease of starting your own business . ( source NHK documentary last year )

Whats the 1st

True. I guess people don't think as MUCH about Japanese workers at home. But you'd be surprised. When I first came here with a bunch of other westerners, they all were amazed at how hard the Japanese work and the quality they put out. But that faded out.

New Zealand.

Interesting.

That is ease of doing business which is a different statistic but paints a similar picture

oh man, that was some weak b8

Here is your main reason - the market is over their is heavily regulated and the government plays far to large of a role.

Also this is just currently doesn't paint a whole picture historically - the ease of starting business and doing business changes over a decade for alot of countries
doingbusiness.org/rankings

Wrong image sorry guys im autistic and also a drug addict

>>strongest currency
>Still cheaper than Euro
>Cheaper than British Pound
And that's excluding currencies of main oil exporters.

>1980s.
"The Free Market will solve it, baby!"
>2016
WAAAAAAH!
WAAAAAAH!
GOVERNMENT PROTECT US, SAVE OUR JOBS
WAAAAAAH!

This. The cold war really did make the USA the center of the western world, so people were willing to invest in it even if it cost more there were other benefits. In a peaceful globalized world with little risk of a proxy war in a third world slave labor country, not so much.

>labor force participation of 63%
>full employment
Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess

But had been rising as new sectors of the economy were developing. We reached a peak, 80%, during Reagan's presidency. Labor Force participation has been on a decline since then (in part because of his deregulation). Jobs are disappearing. The economy is dying.

>20 trillion debt
ftfy

>youth giving up on life and retreating into electronic entertainment

What? Sure you've got some neets, but most people work fucking hard. My cousin works for a bank in Tokyo and he is there for like 17 hours a day. The Japanese work ethic is insane.

t. white guy with house in Japan/Japanese family

>t. delusional weeb

The bubble happened

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_asset_price_bubble

In fact, I've talked to a few people who employ whites. They say that white people only want to come to work to half-ass and leave early. Like I said, Japs work too damn hard.

if they had work ethic they wouldn't have ended up working for a jap

FTFY

So how'd you fix Japan Veeky Forums ?

Look, I love Japan as much as the next guy, but their "work ethic" is a complete absolute fucking myth. Go to a Japanese office building. I'm serious. Tell them you're delivering flowers or something. And then just skulk around and peer over a couple of shoulders.

They may be there for 5839642349 hours a day, but they're not doing meaningful work for most of that time. Not by half. At a given time about half of the salarymen in a Japanese company (hell, in all of JAPAN) will be checking their email, gossiping with the other employees, checking blogs, or, likeliest of all, aimlessly clicking between 3 or 4 spreadsheets and word documents (which, if you're a supervisor, looks almost indistinguishable from actually working -- and no supervisor is gonna be assed to watch for long enough to tell the difference).

I don't know about Japan, don't speak enough Japanese to really have any native Japanese friends, but in Taiwan they also do the "if you're not lazy, you CANNOT leave before the boss leaves" shit, and I've spoken to plenty of people who frankly admit it impedes productivity, instead of aiding it -- because whether you're Asian or white or Martian, it's simply impossible to stay productive for that many hours a day.

>people can actually afford houses
Kinda true, but you have to move to rural area/to the inner flyover states. In any coastal cities, houses are too pricey.

so you can afford houses if you live in economic and social backwaters?

>be Japanese
>foreigners think you have the best work ethic
>sit there modifying some shit on a PowerPoint presentation for hours because you can't leave the office because your boss hasn't left yet and he hasn't given you any new tasks and there isn't a culture of taking the initiative

Japan has to be one of the biggest meme countries on the planet. Actually, East Asia in itself is one big giant meme.

The American average certainly isn't the best in the world. If you can afford them, though, you'll find the best hospitals, private schools and universities in the world in America. They're just inaccessible for all but the wealthy.

110's
>Economy outperforming the next two great powers nearly twice over
>most advanced tech
>widespread cultural influence
>the society of tomorrow, today

>Economy declining for hundreds of years
>isolated
>youth giving up and fleeing to Italy
>the Turks are at the gates

What went wrong?

they trusted the germanic

>isolationist

There, OP. Blow me, anti-globalists.

Japan isn't isolationist anymore, dummy.

But they've been globalist since forever

health and education can only properly be measured by what the average person can get access too.

Anime was a mistake

The average person has health insurance, usually paid for by their employer.
Education differs heavily on the county level.

Not really. They do have top institutions but most have memes or reputation of bring the "best" to fallback on.

E-yup.