Jesus HIMSELF never said he was God or worship him

Jesus HIMSELF never said he was God or worship him.

Instead, it is the exact opposite of what he's saying:

John 14:48 :
....My Father is greater than I

John 10:29:
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all...

Unless you've the balls to prove me wrong.

Paul is the founder of Christianity, not Jesus. All of you are reading are the teaching of Paul. Paul wrote 82% of the New Testament.

Ever heard of a red-lettered Bible? The red-lettered represents what Jesus is talking. And 21 out of 27 of the New Testament doesn't even have a red-letter written in it.

So, what does Jesus says?

For all I know, Jesus brought a man-ly religion, as in Ezekiel 18:20 :

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

If you do good, heaven is a place for you. If you sin, then hell is the place for you.

NOT that if you commit sins, someone gonna go die for you.

JUST... read my post will ya.

You can prove me wrong if you want, your salvation depends on it.

Use that 'spirit' within you and call this bullshit. Just remember who's your master. Jesus or Apostles?

Fine, don't read my post.

Talk about how I literally can't stop sucking dicks or something.

Let's face it, debating what Jesus "said" is a pointless exercise, because the real man Yeshua of Nazareth did not remotely resemble any written account of his life. Once you strip away all the unoriginal or sectarian material in the New Testament -- internecine squabbling, interpolated polemics, cribbing the Septuagint, rabbinical proverbs, Cynic chestnuts, etc, you're left with basically nothing.

>your salvation depends on it
but I'm so preoccupied avoiding damnnation from all the other religions, how can I have time for yet another one

Really? Didn't knew that. Thanks.

Anyway, the authenticity of the Bible is not in question right now.

Let's just assume the red-lettered words(Jesus's words) in the Bible are not corrupted. Those words go against the very foundation of Christianity.

Unless I'm wrong?

Stop sucking tits and licking pussies already, just prove me wrong already.

There's lots of evidence to support that the real man Jesus didn't really think of himself as Yahweh, but you're going about this wrong if you think John is saying that.

In fact, the writer of John is explicit in saying Jesus is Yahweh which is very different to the Synoptic gospels and Paul's writing. The core message of John is that Jesus is Yahweh and the Jews hate him for it.

What you're confused about is John's belief in a hierarchy where the father was superior to the son. This is not too dissimilar to Arianism which was popular in early Christianity.

What I'm quoted in the OP is what literally from Jesus's mouth, it's not the word of John.

The Jews were barbaric people, according to Matthew 16:4:

"A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah."

The Jews hates Jesus not because he is God, but the teaching he bring teachings does not suit the Jews' taste.

Forget John. He's not your master. Jesus is. And what does he says? Where does he says he is God or worship Him?

T-thanks for reading the post

Dumb anime poster.

Oh, and forget arianism. The ideas that Christians worshipping Jesus is the teaching of Paul. Not Jesus.

Unless Jesus said otherwise?

Wow, would you also like to burn my house, take my food, rape my wife and slap me across the face?

Did I stutter? Be a man and criticize my post, bitch.

>Posts moeshit
>Implores others to "be a man"
Oh jeez I'm laughing. Great post user, I give it 9/11.

>I can't criticize shit
>therefore I'm going to criticize his moe anime pics
>I'm also a pussy that can't take criticism
user pls

Those first two meme arrows contradict each other and that third one is ad-hom.

You know what I meme

So basically the whole teachings of Christianity are eiter 1:1 rip offs from the jews, or fanfiction wrote by cool aid drinkers 20-60 years after Jesus death?
>word of god

*slap*
Be nice to fellow Christians

>Christians
Shouldn't they be called Paulistas?

I don't know, the 'spirit' within them.

Apparently the 'spirit' can't answer a simple question.

Matthew 13:13:
This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

Guess what Jesus said was true after all. You're making me sad, for disobeying your master command.

Christ’s divinity is shown over and over again in the New Testament. For example, in John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

In John 20:28, Thomas falls at Jesus’ feet, exclaiming, "My Lord and my God!" (Greek:Ho Kurios mou kai ho Theos mou—literally, "The Lord of me and the God of me!") Note that Jesus did not rebuke or correct his statement.

1/2

Mark 14:62
After Jesus was arrested, he was taken to the home of the high priest in Jerusalem. There, many accused him, but Jesus remained silent. Finally, the high priest asked him directly: “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?” (14:61). Jesus finally spoke, saying, “I AM. And you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God’s right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven” (14:62).

Notice that the New Living Translation capitalizes “I AM.” This indicates that Jesus was claiming the divine name for God, since this is one version of the name he revealed to Moses (Exod. 3:14). Unfortunately, the original Greek of this sentence reads simply “I am” (ego eimi), which could be nothing more than Jesus’ straightforward answer to the high priest’s question: Are you the Messiah? With hisego eimi, Jesus may have been saying: I am the Messiah.

But if Jesus was not using God’s own name in reference to himself, why was he accused of blasphemy (14:63-64)? What did he say that deserved punishment, even death, in the eyes of the Jewish officials?

First, Jesus identified himself as the Son of Man, an almost divine figure who, according toDaniel 7:13-14, would come on the clouds to rule over all the earth. This, if not true, is such an audacious statement that it borders on blasphemy.

2/2

Second, Jesus elaborated upon his understanding of the Son of Man by borrowing language fromPsalm 110:1, where the LORD speaks to a human leader, saying: “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.” The Jewish leaders got Jesus’ point. When he comes as the Son of Man, he would be their judge and they would be his footstool. Thus, they were offended because he claimed to be the quasi-divine Son of Man, and because he held himself up as one who would judge those who believed themselves to be God’s agents on earth. He had offended, not just the Jewish leaders, but also the Lord himself, or so it seemed.

Of course, the Jewish leaders who were interrogating Jesus—not including those who supported him—could not imagine that what Jesus said was actually true. We who believe in Jesus, on the other hand, are reminded here of his glory and authority. He is the judge of earth and heaven. And, whether or not Jesus intended the wordsego eimito mean more than just “I am [the Messiah],” we know that he was not just a divinely-inspired man, but God in the flesh. He was, indeed, I AM.

>Arianfags desperately attempt to force a schism on fucking 4chens

hahahahah lol stay classy Christcucks

T-thanks, please give me a few moments to read it all and write replies.

Maybe in a few hour or so. But please read it when I post it. You're my MVPs.

YAMERO, no animeposters outside of /a/ or the other weeboards!

What? It cute. Plus, please criticize my post. That would be lovely.

S-sorry, but I'll post it after I sleep.

Just woke up

The Jews at that time in John 8:58 and Mark 14:63-64 are looking for trouble. Why? Because Jews does not like his preaching.

If you want trouble you don't have to look far. The innocent expression like 'I am' is enough to get them work up and throw stones at Jesus. Which explains in the latter verse. The Jews were barbaric, as stated ().

Now, for the term 'I am' john 8:58, it was just a simple expression.

The Jews ask him that '... and you have seen Abraham?'. Jesus gave a straightforward answer and said 'before Abraham was, I am'.

What does he mean? According Jeremiah 1:5:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

What's this? We're created before we was born? Yes. You, me, Jesus, Hitler, ect were created in the form of spirit.

It is at that time Jesus sees Abraham, and seeing Abraham was born first, it make sense Jesus's answer to the Jews, 'you have seen Abraham', Jesus's answer, 'before Abraham was (born), I am'.

So there is nothing special about it.

Seems like Jesus got a big power level upgrade in John but still isn't God.

Maybe a god, with a lowercase g.

in the old days we burned heretics

'I AM' has other uses, like in John 3:28:

"You yourselves are my witnesses that I said, 'I AM not the Christ,' but, 'I have been sent ahead of Him.

Same greek, but different usage.
Q

BUT, if you still INSIST that 'I am' in John 8:58, was God's name. Be a man and tell me your honest opinion:

'...you have seen Abraham?'

'Before Abraham was born, *God's name*'

Does it even make sense? For Jesus to says God's name out of nowhere?

Have the honesty of a child and tell me plainly whether it makes sense or not.

Christians itself is going against the teachings of Jesus. As in ().

I'm following Jesus, in which you Christians are not.

Now if you can prove me wrong, that would be lovely.

Jesus is saying he predates Abraham and the only way that makes sense is if Jesus is not an ordinary man but is the incarnation of God's name.

Christianity is heresy as it teaches the Trinity and other nonsense. Jesus did not fulfill the criteria to be a Messiah. Ignore Christianity and be a Rightous Gentile.

He's no ordinary man, he's a righteous prophet.

Now, there's two version, mine and yours. I've already explained 'before Abraham was born, I am', which is decent. ( and )

But, you're not answering my question, does it make sense that Jesus to say God's name out of nowhere?

'... you have SEEN(not exist before) Abraham?'

'Before Abraham was born, *God's name*'.

Out of nowhere, Jesus said God's name. Is he claiming he's God? Or just answering the Jews question?

Be honest pls.

Currently writing son of man topic.

Now, for the term 'Son of God' in John 5:18(not Jesus's word), Mark 14:61-62(Jesus just merely answering), Daniel 7:13-14(Daniel's word, not Jesus).

So what if Jesus is claiming to be a Son of God? God got many sons, like in pic related.

Adam, Israel(another name for Prophet Jacob, Genesis 35:10), Ephraim, David, Jesus and the people in pic.

David is even called 'begotten' by God.

What's this? Are they all Gods? Since you Christians worship Jesus because he claims he's the 'Son of God', why aren't you worshipping the other 'Sons'. You can't have double standards.

No, it does not literally mean 'Son of God', it an idiom of the Jews to call pious men 'Son of God'. The mentioned are all pious, weren't they?

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

He is both claiming to be God and answering the Jews question; before Abraham was the Word is.

Forget my rubbish, what did Jesus said?

John 10:33-35

33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy and because thou, being a man, makest thyself a God".
34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said “YE ARE GODS”’?
35 If He called them gods unto whom the Word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),
36 do ye say of Him whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world, ‘Thou blasphemest,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

This proves that the Jews were looking for a fight. An innocent expression as 'Son of God' was taken as an excuse to beat Jesus.

Jesus HIMSELF said the term was commonly used in the Old Testament. So you Christians can't worship him just because he's claiming to only be 'Son of God'(Pious person).

We worship Jesus because He is the Christ, the Holy One of God, the Mosiach, the Lion of Judah.

1 Corinthians 1:29 so that no one may boast before him.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

What're you trying to say user?

Answer the question, does it make sense or not?

For Jesus to say God's name out of nowhere.

Jesus told his followers to have the honesty of a child. Now tell me your honest answer.

Beside, the same greek letter 'I AM' is also used in John 3:28:

28 "You yourselves are my witnesses that I said, ' """I am""" not the Christ,' but, 'I have been sent ahead of Him.

So, 'I AM' can mean both way, God's name or simply 'I am'.

These are all Paul's teachings ().

It contradict Jesus's words in ().

I follow Jesus, and you Christians follow Paul.

Show me where Jesus HIMSELF said he's god or worship him.

Peter called Jesus the Christ; the Holy One of God. Please get your facts straight if you're going to keep posting.

Where? It the word of Peter. Not Jesus.

Why are you Christians quoting the disciples? Why aren't you quoting Jesus?

Matthew 16:23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

Luke 20:38 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive."

Jesus said before Abraham was He is God's name! Peter knew who He was!!!

Now, for Thomas(not the Word of Jesus) exclaiming "My Lord and My God".

You know Thomas, he refused to believe that Jesus was there in the upper room. And he said even if you put put nails on his hands and feets, he would not believe.

But, after seeing Jesus, realizing all of the foolishness he once said, he said "My Lord and My God".

We also do the same. When we do something so foolish, we said 'My Lord, how can I be so foolish?'.

Is Thomas is saying Jesus is God?

No. If Thomas really does think Jesus as his God, then why didn't he said so during Jesus before this? Why at this very moment he said that?

Thomas was just exclaiming how foolish he was. We all do the same.

Please read , , .

Sank yuu

Oh, it the word of Thomas, not Jesus.

Peter calls Jesus kύριος which means LORD or אֲדֹנָי.

Peter knew Jesus better than you do!

I think that I've made myself clear about the Jews in Mark 14:63-64 in .

You already explained 'I am' is not the same as 'I AM WHO I AM' in Exodus. Thanks for that.

And how Son of God is related to being a pious man in and .

*currently writing replies for other posts*

It Peter, not Jesus. What did Jesus said?

John 14:48 :
....My Father is greater than I

John 10:29:
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all...

John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing....

Johh 5:30 clearly implies Jesus does not possess the quality of God. God can do everything.

Your Jesus said all of this, which contradict the Christians very belief. Is he lying? Or are you Christians lying?

Now tell me, who's your master? Jesus or Apostles?

Be a man and said it.

Jesus said if you've seen Him you've seen the Father and that the Father and He are one. Jesus is my LORD and the apostles are my friends! They know Jesus way better than you! I hope one day you will too so goodnight then.

Good night. Just make sure you read my replies after you wake up.

Now, for sitting on the right-hand of God.

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

Does it mean that Jesus is PHYSICALLY sitting on God's hand? No, it an idiom. Jesus doesn't literally mean that.

It like a CEO got a right-hand manager. Did the manager is physically the CEO's right hand? Of course not. The manager is just the CEO's important person.

Seeing that Jesus brings God's teaching to the Jews, like (). This mean that Jesus is an important person in delivering God's words.

Besides, sitting on the right hand of God doesn't mean that Jesus is claiming divinity.

Now for the Psalms 110:1 prophecy, it does even refer to Jesus. You know what I mean, don't you?

Anyway, "making the enemies his footstool". Where? The Jews were sitting on throne at that time, not Jesus.

Jesus said in John 18:36 :

36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

Is this someone would've said if the enemies were his footstool?

Read it with a open heart user

Matthew 16:23.... so, where does Jesus says he's God or worship him?

Peter's thinking at that time are WORLDLY, while Jesus is not. It just an idiom. Nothing more.

Luke 20:38, it's not the word of Jesus.

What did Jesus said? ()

*doesn't even refers to Jesus

Now, about the 'if you have seen me, you have seen the Father'. You Christians must look at the context, you can't take something out of context and make a religion based on it.

what's the context

I'm writing it, just have brunch. Thanks for waiting.

Jesus the Way to the Father

5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

(Jesus was talking about spiritual journey, but his disciples misunderstood him)

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

(meaning if you want salvation, you must follow Jesus's teachings)

7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

(Meaning that the Philip shouldn't ask some silly question. Because in Exodus 33:20:

And He said, “Thou canst not see My face, for there shall no man see Me and live.”)

10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

A very long post, hope you read it.

So.... when Jesus said 'anyone who has seen me has seen the Father', what does he implies to?

He's the Father? No. If he's the Father, then Philip would no have lived after seeing Jesus, as in Exodus 33:20 ;

And He said, “Thou canst not see My face, for there shall no man see Me and live.”

No, it means that the Truth of God is inside him. Not God itself is inside him.

If you follow Jesus, meaning following the God's Truth, then salvation is yours.

Now, regarding the 'me and my Father are one'. This is also taken out of context, and you Christians make a religion based on of it.

I'll write it

Fuck off Deedat, go back to hell

He's a man. Unlike you. You can't contradict shit.

Be a man and criticize my ().

OP are you a Muslim? A Jew?

Naw, I rather not say it. It only create a mental barrier.

John 10:24-30:

24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

What a lovely thread, friend.

Now you tell me, what is this one-ness?

Like a sausage? No, it the one-ness in PURPOSE.

But if you doubt me, then John 17:20-21 :

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

21 that all of them may be ONE, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

So, the disciples is one with each others? Like sausage? Like how the Father in Jesus and Jesus in the Father?

If that is so, then the disciples are also one with the Father as Jesus is one with the Disciples and the Father.

No, it the one-ness in PURPOSE my dear user, not sausage.

Now.... Is there anything I missed? Are satisfied with my answers?

All I'm proving is only one thing that Jesus is not God, and nowhere he said worhip me. As in my ().

Are there anymore? I'm happy to oblige.

Jesus was a great man. It time you Christians start following your master command () and stop worshipping Jesus.

D'awww, thanks user. But it would be lovelier if they read all of it.

Don't be like that, remember what your master said:

Matthew 13:13:
This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand."

Don't be like them. Follow Jesus, not the Disciples.

If you want to criticize my post, you're welcome to.

*slurp coffee*

I guess you're all satisfied with my answers? Just call me a faggot or something.

I am. Now tell me if you're a Jew or Muslim.

Why? It only create a mental barrier. Beside, I post anime pic, which is blasphemy of the highest order.

....Are you really satisfied? No further questions?

So, a Jew?

Also I'm a fedora so you're just saying what I already expected.

Naw, user. Mental barrier. It easier for them to agree with my post if they don't know my religion.

You're a Muslim, right?

>all this avatarfagging

Welcome. Please talk shit about me. I'm a sub.

Don't mind my post, it just there to look cool. Don't criticize them, it's too intellectual for your candy ass.

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

John 10:33
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Mark 14:61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? 62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. 63 Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses? 64 Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

T-thanks, give me a sec to reply

Mark 12:6
But I tell you, something greater than the temple is here.

Yo man, I'm not a Christfag, but I feel your attack on the 'I AM' thing is dishonest bro.

>'Before Abraham was born, *God's name*'.
>Out of nowhere, Jesus said God's name. Is he claiming he's God? Or just answering the Jews question?

The thing you're not taking into account is that the use of Yehweh's self-given name of "I am" /only/ makes sense in that context if you're saying it to imply knowledge/awareness of shit.Otherwise it makes no sense, as you said. Literally, why else wold he be stating it if not for the implications of divine knowledge?

Hell, I'm pretty sure some apostle shoved that in there to bolster the idea of Jesus being divine. It's that blatant.

Reminder that Arius was right.

Also.

1 John 5:7

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

>and these three are one

God is the father, son, and holy spirit, all three. Jesus was the living manifestation of the eternal one God of all creation. You can't be forced to believe this though... either it makes sense to you, and you feel it true... or you don't. I do.

>I and my Father are one
>Hews stone him for claiming to be God(not Jesus's word)
Look () and ()

>Mark 14:61
Look , , , , , , , .

It deal with Son of God and the 'I AM'.

>John 14:6
Look , and I'll reply to other verse in a moment

user, I tried explaining. But you posted a link to the passage explaining the purpose of the Fathers function, which is simply another aspect of Jesus.

>and these three are one
remember that

God has those three qualities, he is God eternally, physically, inwardly. He is the giver of life, so no one can take you from him. And he can't die, he gave his life up willingly, for our sake. Then he came back from the dead.

Tis your friendly local pagan here again. Lookit what I found in Mark 2.

2:23-24 - One day he happened to be going through the cornfields on the Sabbath day. And his disciples, as they made their way along, began to pick the ears of corn. The Pharisees said to him, "Look at that! Why should they do what is forbidden on the Sabbath day?"

2:25-28 - Then he spoke to them. "Have you never read what David did, when he and his companions were hungry? Haven't you read how he went into the house of God when Abiathar was High Priest, and ate the presentation loaves, which nobody is allowed to eat, except the priests - and gave some of the bread to his companions? The Sabbath," he continued, "was made for man's sake; man was not made for the sake of the Sabbath. That is why the Son of Man is master even of the Sabbath."
Here Jesus claims to be the 'Lord of the Sabbath', which is some pretty high-tier divine authority. That said, it sure is fascinating that he said he'd be at the right hand of god innit?

Why it's almost polytheism.

The sort of thing that'd drive a Jewish priest insane.

John 10:18

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

>and these three are one
keep that in mind

>>and these three are one
>remember that
>>and these three are one
>keep that in mind

That's something an apostle, not Jesus, said. You can't use a statement made by an apostle after Jesus' death to claim it strengthens something Jesus aid int a claim of godhood. That makes no sense.

>avatarfagging
Where does this cancer spread from?