Are british people aryan?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Niphon#English
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, they are made up of Ancient Europeans, Brythons, Angles and Saxons, Northern Europeans and of all the immigrant peoples from the last ~200 years.
If by Aryan you mean Indo-European then the answer is yes, mostly.

Yes, Pakis are Indo-Aryan.

Go back to /pol/.

>No, they are made up of Ancient Europeans, Brythons, Angles and Saxons, Northern Europeans
You forgot Gaels.

True, I had first typed Celts and then replaced it with Brythons without thinking of the Gaels.

Iran is pretty far from British isles, what makes you think they should be?

>british
>people
Good joke op

>most successful culture group ever to exist on this planet
>not people

I suppose you're right, chap. We're more like gods.

>that pic
>let me pretend that the debate is about ethnicity and not 99% about culture and behaviour

>british
>aryan
they are dravidians therefore not aryan

Aryan was never an ethnonym for Indo-Europeans other than Indo-Iranians.

Was the late 19th century rebranding of European people as Aryans the earliest form of WE WUZ?

There were earlier forms.
Sarmatism for example.

What's wrong with that pic exactly? Besides the shitty flag pattern.

The oldest form of WEWUZIsm is Trojan origins.

>Here is Abdul the Muslim from Iraq who now lives in Brittain, that makes him a Brit.

>Here is Mickey the mouse who was born in a stall, that makes him a horse.

What is America then?

If they're a citizen, that makes them a Brit. That's what the entire concept of citizenship is for.

>america is the future of the planet

Pakis/Indians are real Aryan.

White brits are more much further from the Aryan claim. Hilariously enough.

isn't america indo-aryan by way of british ancestry?

You might have had a point if you had used "English" or something, but Britain is a propositional nation.

>tfw non-white
>tfw feel affinity to Nordic culture
>tfw I am Wilson

>celtonegroes

You can belong to any group spiritually.

Britain is an island, buddy. Britain was never a 'nation'.

The Aryans literally called themselves 'Aryaya', Aryans.

What's a /pol/?

>Britain is an island
Stupidest post I've read all day, congratulations.

I hope you're memeing.

Yes, and? There's no proof that the ancestors of the Celtic and Germanic peoples ever called themselves Aryan.
You could say people from Belarus are Gaelic and it's just as correct as saying an Englishman is Aryan.

The proper name for that geographical formation is Great Britain. Britain is nowadays used to refer to the United Kingdom, other usages are improper.
Beyond that, Britain has always been a concept. That's why there has always been a Great Britain and a Little Britain (the latter was initially Ireland before they developed a distinct identity, then Brittany once the people of Britain settled that.) Not to mention the many other islets that are part of Britain. In most languages, Britain IS Brittany and Great Britain is that large island, only the English are pigheaded about using the antiquated word "Brittany" (literally "Britain") to refer to the continental region for obvious political reasons. Britain is the nation of the Britons or the British people and the lands they inhabit, not a single island.

It's like confusing Japan with Honshu.

You're fighting a losing battle, there.

Using "Britain" when you mean "Great Britain" isn't confusion so much as shorthand, much the way people use "America" to mean "the United States" (even though, really, America is the continent). In most contexts both are immediately understandable and objecting serves no purpose except, I guess, to establish yourself as a twat.

People don't use Japan and Honshu interchangeably because the names are nothing alike.

So don't pretend this usage is an argument. "Britain" may be improperly used as shorthand for "Great Britain" but saying that Britain is just an island is wrong in every sense. It's like claiming "America is a country, America was never a continent."

>People don't use Japan and Honshu interchangeably because the names are nothing alike.
No, but they used to call Honshu "the island of Nihon/Nippon/Japan" because they're retarded. See:
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Niphon#English

>second-generation immigrant identifying with the country he was born in
this is highly preferable to the alternative

In fact the similarity in the confusion generated by Nippon/Japan and Brittany/Britain is uncanny, in the sense that they're originally two ways of transcribing the same foreign word but it lead to endless arguments over the usage.
"No, [Japan] is not [Japan]! [Japan] is an island of [Japan]"
"[Britain] is the island of [Britain]. [Britain] is just a region settled by people from [Britain]"

I'm not the guy you've been replying to. I just think it's obnoxious, when people are carrying on an unrelated discussion and everybody's understanding each other just fine, to jump in and derail the conversation because "THAT'S NOT PROPER USAGE." Latin Americans are the absolute worst for that -- yes, I understand that in your language, we're estadounidenses, but in English, we're Americans, so shut the fuck up.

But now that I reread the thread I see that the guy who actually jumped in and tried to correct somebody was and he was rude about it as well as simply wrong, so I don't blame you at all for setting him straight. Disregard my bitching.

Shit bait stop.

You're either muslim or European. You're not both.

She (it?) looks inbred and retarded

Fucking Vikingboos

Muslim isn't a race

it's shooped you inbred retard

What are Bosnians?

Or Albanians
>In before some American with ancestry from 10 different countries says Albanians and Bosnians aren't pure enough.

Veeky Forums is pretty much /pol/ at this point judging from this thread.

inbreeding is actually a big problem in some muslim communities (pakistani specifically)

I saw a piece about that recently. There was a Pakistani family in England with about seven kids, five of which were severely mentally retarded. The parents were first cousins.
How can you keep making children after 4/5 are basically potatoes?
I looked up some statistics.
>The debate has been prompted by a Pakistani immigrant population making up 1.5% of the British population, of whom about 55% marry a first cousin.
Goddamn.

>Albanians
human feces

Nigel please, you're off your methadone