Atheism vs Christianity

The results are in!

oh fuck me here we go

I like this thread.

won´t even bother

"Bananas were a mistake." - Ray Comfort

But, it doesn't say "Do not kill". It says "Do not murder". Why the fuck can't these retards even get the bible accurate?

fucking protestants

>how can God stop school shootings if he isn't allowed in school !

So... telling children their essential nature is one of improvement is bad... but telling children they are worthless sinners who can only ruin the world makes them good.

There are many misrepresentations of both world-views in this meme-image, it triggers my 'tism.

Makes you wonder why god would write his word on a dead language.

really carmelizes those onions

>The Bible is absolute truth
>Edited by committee 300 years after the events took place
K

its basicaly true tho, it shouldnt even be a religious thing, it should be taught to children and it should be backed by scientific studies, kids should learn early on that humans are problematic creatures prone to destructivenes and disfunction of every kind, and the emphasis should be on understanding this means oneself is like that too, and that this is important, moreso than wether others are like that or not, because it should influence how one views oneself and relates to ones life

why does it feel like every attempted deconstruction of world views eventually leads to nihilism?

For fucks sake, why are you still here? We have this thread every day.

>YEC/evangelical christian shitposting
>Veeky Forums shitposts in response
>no one discusses history
>sadfrog.jpg

>if I'm just destined for hell, what does it matter what anyone says to me?

really melts my chocolate

Because life-affirming views are entirely incompatible with Abrahamic thought.

really dilutes my scotch

what about timothy mcveigh?

>McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic. During his childhood, he and his father attended Mass regularly. McVeigh was confirmed at the Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton, New York, in 1985. In a 1996 interview, McVeigh professed belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs." In McVeigh's biography American Terrorist, released in 2002, he stated that he did not believe in a hell and that science is his religion. In June 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying himself as agnostic. However, he took the Last Rites, administered by a priest, just before his execution.

>hes never read Kierkegaard

>He doesn't know what "life-affirming" means

>it shouldnt even be a religious thing

I think the "you're inherently shitty" argument is even more destructive with the aspect of "you can redeem yourself" bit taken out.

In Christianity, at least, I feel that the original sin idea is counteracted by the concept "the fact that you have the capacity to fight it and be a godly person is great", but if it's just "you're naturally an asshole and once you die that's it" I think it leaves a lot more room for "ok guess I'll be shitty then."

>nicaea
>having anything to do with the bible

I'm Christian, but this is bullshit. Keep all religion out of public education. K thx.

Yeah, it's not like they made a concerted effort to destroy and expunge from history any Christian texts and religious orders that were politically inconvenient and/or didn't agree with their version of events.

Oh, wait.

really fries those French fries

>I'm a """"Christian""""

actualy no, that only functions with a liberal outlook, and its further naive because it obviously misses what a shitty life of emotional emptiness and decadence that is, othervise the logical conclusion is something like order-work-discipline, selfcontroll, selfdevelopment, giving oneself to others, etc...

if youre basicaly a disfunctional animal, a heap of animated flesh with a expiration date, then your indulgence and pleasure are irrelevant, you should accept discipline and control, especialy mental, in the hope it will make you good enough to serve a purpose, perform a function in life, and eventualy overcome yourself, become transformed, thus finaly free and at peace

this basicaly is the christian teaching, the whole heaven hell shit got added later

Makes me wonder why the deeply christian Latin America is such a violent shithole.

>Latin America
Roman Catholics, user.

Cultural Catholics confirmed terrorists.
Deport all Chreaster Christians.