You guys seem to be really obsessed with the Germans and ww2 in general

You guys seem to be really obsessed with the Germans and ww2 in general.

how come? its literally the most boring period in mankind.

pic related, the most interesting time period.

>the most boring period in mankind.
It isn't, the most boring period was the cold war that followed.
WW2 was the time when the world pretty much became a big budjet blockbuster movie.

Because it's the only war /pol/ talks about, even though they barely know anything about it.

Liberals love to forget that their little hitler was created in democratic societies, so they prefer to focus on their little killing of hitler. Plus the other side attracts 20 yo betas seeking desperately some structure because these worms are unable to live by themselves, just like the people on the other side, and crave to be told what to do to achieve their power fantasy.

Roll

k

>Neo-theocratic-primitivism

Fuck yeah I'm a start my own fucking religion based on dirt farming and destroying cell phones.

roland

Because da nazi uniforms lookd cool and i'm 1/235th germanic so im practically and aryan god.

>You guys seem to be really obsessed with the Germans and ww2 in general.
Mostly Frogs, Pollacks and the butthurt belt of Europe in general.

roll

The fuck are ManOWar doing in the background?

Roll

Rolling

What are you top 5 history books?

>Liberals love to forget that their little hitler was created in democratic societies
False.

Rolling for paleotheocratic strasserism

717 pls

wut

>ww2 in general
it's kind of the start of modern history though so...

shet

roll

Roll

hit me

I'm assuming that's Minoan or some other Mediterranean Bronzeshit.

I guess it's interesting if you like periods of history where most of our knowledge of it comes from conjecture.

Rolo.

Rolling in the deeeeeep

I don't even know what Posadism is.

rollio

>pic related, the most interesting time period.
That's not Sengoku Japan

rolling

Rollin
Hope I don't become a pinko.

It's a late 20th century male thing.

Films and videogames cause it.

Rollj

rollin

Rull

Rolling for the win"

Because Nazis had very effay uniforms

Rolos

roll

Gimme gimme

Roll

rell

rolling for neo-theocratic-primitivism

Let's do this shit

>crypto-libertarian-libertarianism

wew

Damn straight user, Bronze Age is Best Age. An age of myths and gods walking the Earth, the dawn of civilisation, writing, god-kings, temples, pyramids, bureaucrats and barbarians.

>ywn walk in the Garden with Gilgamesh, or take up oars alongside Jason and his Argonauts, or settle down with a qt Minoan titcalf

Why even live

relling

>crypto theocratic social democracy
I am literally bernie sanders

People don't realise how proximate the ancient world is. We are still bearers of Sumerian culture, some 4,000 years after they vanished into the memory hole. The stories and literature from this period has exercised a profound and ongoing influence on every age since.

aha

Rolling

Late Night Rollan

Ral

>Proto-technocratic-primitivism
I'm really confused right now

rolling

So, all of Europe?

Rolll

Only biological machines and human computers allowed. All gen-modifications has to be done trough old-school breeding.

I'll even explain it

I give up

kek

Rolling

Rolin

skrollan

Left wing national Strasserism.

Oh boy

Davai

Henry Rollins

>Left-wing theocratic fascism

So....I'll push a nationalistic ideal to be a crybaby because God told me to?

Pragmatic Libertarian Libertarianism

Who the hell are these guys?

Bassed Assyrians didnt even notice the the bronze age was collapsing around.

>pic related, the most interesting time period.
That's not the cold war.

rollism

Let's do this

A lot of liberals like to claim that Hitler was a fascist too which is the dumbest shit ever

Roll

fuck it, rolling

Bait

>paleo-democratic primitivism
everything went better than expected

rollin

Cold war was cool as fuck compared to irrelevant Hunter gatherers

Les go.

asdf

I LOVE HISTORY

Feminist-anarcho-primitism

Sounds fucking gay

?

GOGOGO

meme

Why's the cold war the most interesting period for you user?

rolling

rollioni

roll

Well I'm personally interested in the many proxy battles between the two superpowers of the time, the various societal upheavals caused by the most rapid technological progress since the 18th century, and the last structures of the old imperial powers being replaced by the new world order.
Why do you find it boring?

>enter the thread expecting discussion
>its a roll thread
sage

taw

I don't. I'm not him. What are your favorite books on the period?

EMEM

Most of these books are about the military aspect of the Cold War, since that's my particular interest.
On my bookshelf right now, I have Eric Schlosser's Command and Control, which deals with American nuclear weapon development and history, with particular emphasis on an accident in an ICBM silo in the 80's. I also have Robert B. Asprey's War in the Shadows, which focusses more on guerrila warfare throughout history, but the second volume deals particularly with the various insurgencies after WW2, from Greece to Vietnam. I also like fredrik Logevall's Embers of War, which centers on the first Indochina War, and how it influenced the US into getting involved in Vietnam.