Tell me about these people Veeky Forums, what do they do? more importantly, were they kangs?

tell me about these people Veeky Forums, what do they do? more importantly, were they kangs?

>were they kangs?

If you are asking if they are a meme made up by desperate poorfags, no, they all, especially the Khmer, actually existed and accomplished cool shit.

You are familiar with Angkor Wat, right? You've at least heard of it? They built it.

>bringing lesser known areas and periods of history to the forefront
>increasing the exposure of other civilizations in areas where they're unknown

The AoEII team is doing God's work here. There is literally no downside to this, and any historian should be thrilled this is happening.

>majapahit empire were named malays
>karambit warriors

i know it was age of empires but still

Left to right: Lê Lợi (Vietnamese), Gajah Mada (Majapahit), Bayinnaung (Burmese)

Gajah Mada was a prime minister, the other two were kings.

I have this same feeling, wish we would see more such things.

guy on left looks like ayuthayyan kings

why arent thai empire in this game

>SEA states can train elephants from stables
>the indians can't.
explain this.

>Eastern Roman Empire was named Byzantium
>uses the same infantry as the Spaniards and French

Such is the price to pay to putting the knowledge of their existence into the masses' heads.

>byzantine greek pretender
>roman

pick one papadopulos

Im confused desu, the left guy look Thai and the right guy look Burmese but there's no Thai in the game? instead there's Khmers but if they're the ones on left their costume supposed to look more similar to the guy on center (and it definitely isn't Viets since they would look Chinese)

The guy on center supposed to be Gajah Mada representing Malays but he's not even Malay but Javanese, whom literally wrecked the Malays

So many messed up

>slav expansion is still the worst one

Just cyka my blyat senpai

>why are't thai empire in this game
this
you had one job

dont know about the other two but i can tell you about the middle guy OP

>be appointed prime minister in some small javanese kingdom
>during the appointment he took an oath saying he wouldnt use any spices on his food (kind of a big deal for a spice islander) before he conquered the entire maritime SEA
>he actually did it the absolute madman
>except one small kingdom in west java
>they sent their royal family for marriage in trowulan for alliance
>gajah mada thought that they were intending to became a vassal and demanded that the queen become majapahit concubine
>the royal were enraged and drew sword
>entire kingdom royal family slaughtered by the majapahit
>the queen commited suicide
>bought so much shame to the majapahit that they avoided the western kingdom (sunda) for years and the balinese wrote a book on it dissing the majapahit
>sacked as prime minister and died in some jungle

overall a pretty cool guy if he didnt fuck up.

>WE WUZ KINGZ!!!!!!

Spouted by pathetic acne having losers who yell about blacks on the internet and support Trump.

Crazy.

Kangz

The left one is Wuz
The right one is Sheit

All anceint and powerful, but forgotten nations

Manlet gook betas, as usual

Is this real?

Yes, AoEII is getting another expansion, focusing on SEA this time around.

>AoEII is getting another expansion

How old is this game?

Why are they expanding an old game?

>How old is this game?
17 years old

>Why are they expanding an old game?
Because there is a demand. RTS is a dying genre and except if you are called Blizzard and you could put shit on a disk and people would still buy it, it's better to expand an old successful franchise than create a new one.

SC2 is a dead game and RTS is a dying genre to any dev.

>Why are they expanding an old game?
Because it's still very popular and constantly played. The demand is there, so why not?

So did they improve the game play?

>such obvious false analogies

Arguable, but it's not like AoEII needs much improvement. It's a relatively simple game, and people like it as such.

SC2 is still worst korea national sport.

So AoE 2 better than AoE 3?

According to most people, yes.

please explain

It really depends on your tastes. AoE2 is one of the classic pillars of the RTS genre. It got a LOT of stuff right, enough to keep it popular and constantly played almost 20 years on and even got an HD rerelease that updated the code to run on modern OS'.

AoEIII tried to progress further and update the formula. I'm not saying they failed, and I myself enjoyed it, but it didn't prove nearly as popular or have the same staying power.

Tell me what improvements and changes they made.

They added new factions and improved the AI. The base game (well, "base" meaning with the old The Conquerors expansion) was already pretty good and not really needing much improvements.

Nothing's PERFECT, but AoEII was sitting in a much better situation nearly 20 years on than some modern games are at release.

Way fucking better

>AoE II: Zoomed Out edition.

>AoE II: You Can Actually Play Online On A Modern Computer edition

Bump

Well the Franks are synonymous with French in that game.

It's just regular old ignorance, fæm.

We Wuz is the worst meme alive, but you need to go back to Tumblr.

I enjoy 3 greatly, most seem to prefer the simplicity of 2, it's easier for pick up games, as well as the nostalgia factor, long rambling games over high-school era LANs and such.

>by desperate poorfags
What user?

WE

fuck off, cunt

Tbf op kinda ask for it with the stupid question

WUZ

CANCER

AYO HOL UP

POO

Lol what? The Guy on the left seems to wear 1500s Thai/Burmese armor.

Vietnamese wore anything the Chinese wore in battle.

so were they kangs or not

Unless they make it horribly inaccurate to market it to 12 year olds who only think they like history

They put in a few new technologies, units and factions. There are tons of little changes for balance and better performance. The African Kingdoms expansion brought demolition and fire rafts in the Feudal Age for example.

>acne having losers

how's this

I'm not the guy, but there are people who say that the picture at the left isn't the Byzantine empire? What? how? why? and when?