Whats your opinion on this lad?

Whats your opinion on this lad?

italian hitler masquerading as a frenchman, a jewish puppet until they turned on him later.

He was the Hitler of his day.

Controversial statement there, are you saying that ... was also a puppet

The madman actually did it. Since the end of antiquity western leaders have sought to have a place alongside Alexander and Caesar as an S-rank historical figure but no one succeeded, until Napoleon.

He spread the revolutionary ideas despite the fact that he reversed a lot of the revolutionary policies. My understanding is pretty basic and only based on a few articles though.

Has anyone read anything on him? I have the Citizen Emperor book but haven't really gotten to reading it yet.

You may call him a Corsican but certainly not an Italian. Corsicans have nothing in common with Italians. It's like saying Finns are really Swedish.

I think Charlemagne qualifies.

He may have been evil but at least he was good at it.

i've read citizen emperor, the other dwyer book, napoleon the great, barras, abrantes, bourrienne, dumas, ambition and desire, walter scott and frank mclynn
>napoleon was evil
this is the second worst anglo meme, the other being that he was short

>imperium
>not evil
I'm not a colonialist cuck, m8. Just a third world shitter who hates expansionist politics because fuck your old continent.

>you're stronger than me so i'll call you evil
t. ressentiment

>both times it's happened it's been a Frenchman
Really made me pense

How is Citizen Emperor compared to the rest? I'm planning to get around reading it.

i've also read michael broers apparently

read the path to power first

dwyer is contrarian and you should read him alongside another modern biography of napoleon if you don't want to get a distorted view of how historians see napoleon

the contemporary biographies are what the modern ones are based on but there's a lot of lies in them so you shouldn't take them at face value

>I'll take all your shit because I CAN but I'm not evil, I'm just bringing civilization

>I'll take all your shit because I CAN but I'm not evil, I'm just bringing civilization
i know you're being sarcastic but this is literally true

Alright, I'll try to find Path to Power first. Thanks user.

>s-rank

/a/ please

>He spread the revolutionary ideas despite the fact that he reversed a lot of the revolutionary policies.

He kept the two most impirtant ones: meritocracy and equality under the law

Naturally evil manlet

despotic dwarf with dastardly pretensions to power

The greatest man that has ever lived. He would have ruled Europe as an authoritarian, but enlightened monarch.

His downfall was Anglo perfidy.

>meritocracy
social mobility ended under the empire
>equality under the law
tell that to the duc'd enghein
>furious anglo lanklets

His downfall was growing old, fat, and mediocre before deciding to invade Russia

He surrendered to us once, we showed him magnanimity. He fought against us again and we were less kind.

When Napoleon had the slightest suspicion that the Muslims of Outremer had forgone their surrender and taken up arms against him again he had them ignominiously murdered.

People say he was a meritocratic yet he made his brothers kings.

They say he fought for freedom and the revolutionary ideals but he tried to restructure the salve trade.

He considered 'taking the turban' in Aleppo.

He marched one of the finest armies every assembled into the inevitable death of a Russian winter.

He is nothing but the worst of France and the worst of tyranny (i would say personified but that implies the imp was a man).

Many say that he is Italian, but he is very french. So french he surrendered to the British not once but twice.

Still managed to conquer more then just poo in loos and ooga booga's.

>He surrendered to us once, we showed him magnanimity

The war didnt end after Egypt though
You were forced to bring him back to Europe because it was the only way for you to re-access Egypt (as you still couldnt defeat his forces even after he failed to take Acres)
The war went on until all your continental allies were defeated, which made you agree to an unfavorable peace out of pure cowardice ("oh no, we're alone now!)
Then a year later, after having made sure you could gather powerful allies again (Austria and Russia) you broke this peace and started the Napoleonic Wars

Debateable that either of them were french

What's undeniable though is that William the Conqueror was French

by blood he was 100 percent Italian. His parents were both of minor Tuscan nobility and his family recently immigrated to Corsica. Corsica was also a territory of Genoa (Italian) for most of its history. You are wrong.

>Anglo Meme
The Monarchies of Europe saw Napoleon as a godless attila the hun swallowing Europe.

Later on, the Liberals of Europe saw Napoleon as a overly proud betrayer of the revolution who crowned himself King.

In the 19th Century, "Saddle your horses, the French are a republic/revolting!" was the equivalent of the 20th Century's "German nationalism on the rise.."