Can't openly criticize Islam without being called an Islamaphobe

>can't openly criticize Islam without being called an Islamaphobe

>can't openly criticize Christianity or advocate for anything secular without being called an edgy fedora

where will it end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lEeauLCOeXQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Man, you really have a tough life, user. My condolences.

Mods, do your thankless, payless jobs you disgusting fatbodies.

>want to criticise islam
>don't want to get called an islamaphobe
Why?

It seems like any position in favor of religion gets more lenience socially than those against it. It's fascinating.

You will always be allowed to criticise nazis, because everyone hates nazis.

Nazis liked Islam, though. Isn't hating Nazis like hating Muslims then?

That chain of thought is too complex for the people who would call you an islamaphobe.

Anyway, why is 'islamaphobe' a distinct term? We don't use terms like capitalismaphobe, stoicismophobe or confucianismophobe, they are placed in the normal discourse of criticism which also does actually include christianity.

It's a made up buzzword term to attempt to discredit anyone with criticism towards Islam.

>tfw communistophobe/marxistophobe

But you can do both of those things, just don't be a fucking sperg about it.

I don't have an irrational fear or hatred of islam, but I also think many parts of the religion is ass backwards.

Am I islamophobic?

it's a term to stop dumb people from being casually racist and bashing some refugee's head in

if you really have a thought-out critique of islam being called an "islamophobe" shouldn't be something you care about

In America at least you can criticize whatever you want. Butthurt SJWs are not all that powerful. Just be specific about what you are criticizing rather than painting with a broad brush so no one misunderstands.

>Islam
>Race
I'll never get you people.

>stop dumb people from being casually racist
>stop dumb people
obviously islam isn't a race, but dumb people will confuse any shitskin for a muslim

Oh Boo Hoo, your gonna get called fedora for spewing the same cliche anti-Christian rhetoric everyone's heard a million times. It's like a second holocaust.

hopefully never

fuck you atheists

Islamophobic fedora tipping faggot

Where do you live?

Here you can openly critisize Christianity as much as you want. Critics are in movies, public tv and also in school. We criticized Christianity a lot in school.

Muslims are a taboo tho, even basically every non Muslim hates them .

There's plenty of actual criticism of Islam and Christianity academically, i.e. reviews, critiques, and audits of their theology, society, and history out there. You're probably thinking of criticism as just shitposting in real life, which is crass and juvenile even when used against Nazis.

THIS. Muslims may not be a race, but people think all middle eastern people look the same and are Muslim. In the USA they're as good as a race.

I have no idea when this idiotic trend will end exactly, but I hope it's soon. Abrahamic religions are garbage and the people who defend them are idiots.

It's called following the rules of polite society. If you want to be impolite then own it.

>Why Can't I be edgy ;_;

The real question is why has "islamophobe" become such a terrifying term similar to "racist"
Islam isnt a race, it's an ideology (much like nazism)
Hating on it and even wanting it to disappear shouldnt be seen as something equal to racism

9/11

A post-9/11 world has Islamic terrorism on the brain constantly, and it created a huge backlash socially as people became paranoid of anyone who was from the Middle East whether or not they were even Muslim. Even Indians and Sikhs ended up being guilty by association even though they're not even tangentially related and just happen to look like the Western stereotype of a Muslim. Muslims have been beaten and killed for their beliefs, and the West has recently become very sympathetic to the bunch the bad apples spoiled. There are many dimensions to what we consider Islamophobia, but the bottom line is we don't want people to get hurt for their personal religious beliefs.

No one has an irrational fear or hatred of Islam.

It's just a slur term against people who refuse to be oblivious to obvious dangers.

>Implying
youtube.com/watch?v=lEeauLCOeXQ
Islamphobia is meant to stop ANY critism toward islam.

This. I'm not mosquito phobic. Mosquitoes kill millions of people. Those people should have feared the mosquito.

there's plenty of criticism of islam though, have you been living under a rock

like if it's trying to stop ANY criticism of islam it's not doing a good job

Well dumb people are casually bashing refugees heads in too so i guess its not working for your intended purpoise either. Of course dumb people also think all critism is islamphobia now so i guess its a really shitty phrase and doesent do anything well.

I think the better term should be Orientalism because its less about religion and more about an Oriental "Other"

Think of a muslim. Get a mental picture of the Platonic ideal of a muslim. What does he look like? Indonesian?

Didn't think so, even though they have the largest population of muslims in any country

Islam isn't a race, but "muslim" is almost synonymous with "arab" in the West

just be called those things. if you really believe there is no god and want to live like such then do. if your beliefs are so weak that being called a fedora or Islamophobia is enough to kill it is rather flimsy

No, nigga, fuck you

This.
I'm Muslim. Tbh, it's funny when idiots who try to kill Muslims end up killing a punjabi sikh or a random indian guy, it happens pretty often where I live. Just google, indian man mistaken for a Muslim. I'm Muslim but I look latino, so people give me a pass, shit is pretty hilarious and quite sad desu.

>Tfw got called anti-semitic for telling a girl the Patriarchs didn't exist