/frugal/

How frugal are you?
2nd-hand-clothes-tier frugal like Ingvar Kamprad?
Post your frugality know how

>*pockets salt & pepper packets at restaurant*

I literally have paid maybe 100 for clothes in my entire life.

I eat about 1 1/2 meals per day(always have)

I smoke so none of that fucking matters anyways.

I bought a timeshare so I can get a 2 bedroom condo for the cost of a regular hotel room when I travel.

Frugal is meme, just make more money

>1 meal per day, consisting of free food from my neighbors farm, eggs, sauerkraut, cheese, ham
>same clothes for nearly 10 years now
>have never paid for coffee or energy drinks or eaten out in 5+ years
>dont do anything except wagecuck, read, internet, masturbate

i could retire before 30 but im enjoying the crypto meme so much ill probably do it for another couple years

>spend all your money on jewish entertainment

fuck off

i'm bad at frugality
i have a great income but poor impulse control
tips plz

Jelly. I wish I had that control. Fucking addictive substances and shit

I'm not frugal, I'm economical. Difference is I'm not cheap to be cheap, I'm cheap when the difference matters enough that it's worth my time or the sacrifice to arrange. Net worth a bit over $2MM.
No cable. Use my dad's netflix account

Drive an old 2003 AMG I paid $6k cash for.

Phone is on a $45/month unlimited, uncapped Verizon plan.

I buy most of my stuff at Walmart. Go with the generic unless there's a difference.

I turn my hot water heater down and insulate it to save on electricity.

Cold water only on washing machine. Run it once a week

No heated cycle on dishwasher.

No central heat in the winter. A/C only at night.

Always search cashbackmonitor for a cashback portal before buying anything online. That plus a search for discount codes and giftcards plus my 4.8% back on online-purchases card usually nets 20%-50%+ off sticker.

Always run purchases on a solid rewards card for ~3%+ back MINIMUM.

Bought a 3 year gym membership so I pay sub $10/month.

Don't buy shit I don't use or need. If I haven't used something in over a year, I usually donate it/throw it out.

there's being spartan, then there's OCD

He has a point.

Once you hit a certain savings rate it just becomes unrealistic to cut any more expenses. You eventually get to a point where the easiest way to save more is to just take home more dosh.

I don't know about you guys, but I like to eat my food from a trash can. It saves money.

tell that to this guy

I'd like to see his actual numbers. He's doing all that work and cutting so many corners and he's probably getting himself MAYBE an extra 5% saved a year. He didn't get to $2m net worth by shopping at Walmart, I'm sure he made a decent amount of money.

I just put everything on my credit cards so I don't have to worry about it. When one gets full I get another.

>implying hot water isn't 500k a decade

If you get obsessed enough with frugality you will enjoy saving money more than spending it. If everything turns out well you will turn into a terrible miser.

That's autism.

Instead of buying new laptops, I buy slightly older (2 models/2-3 years back) but maxed out laptops from business/school liquidations.

I don't play video games much anymore, but I used to stay about a half-generation behind. I would buy in when the consoles were half their launch price or less and there were already a lot of great games for under $20. I used to buy out Gamestop clearances and get rare games/accessories for pennies on the dollar.

Dogshit is also eatible, remember that when trying to save money.

NEET live with parents, although I love op-shopping and buying retro clothes the one thing I can't go frugal on is clothes. I mean if you spend money on clothes it shows, and not in the Veeky Forums "how can I show people I'm loaded and attract whores" kind of way, I mean in the people think you have "style".

Also, good shirts just FEEL good to touch.

wait... no way, really!? He does that!?

Why not both and spend your money on what you REALLY want.

You're so frugal everywhere else, I'm surprised that you pay for a gym membership instead of just buying a set of modular free weights that will last you a lifetime. That + going outside is all you'll ever need to stay fit.

I don't have the space for weights. And I plan on moving around a bit.

Even better, work at a physical job so you get paid to exercise.

No excessive or consistent drug/alcohol use. This is the biggest one probably.

Planned diet (to waste less time, money, and food)

Bank account with small fees or no fees (just be sure not to run up the little charges if you opt for these plans). Depends on situation. In many cases it's cheaper to go for unlimited plans.

Cheap cell phone plan. Wifi is everywhere, you don't need gigs of data. I live in Canada though, we get screwed hard by cellphone providers.

Buy second hand clothing most of the time. Second hand books, etc.

Ride a bike, or walk around town instead of driving everywhere.

If you have the space you can buy some gym equipment. I use a 2nd hand squat rack and weights set I bought. Spent $500 total on my "home gym" I've been using for 2 years now. Should last 10 easily.

I grew up poor, and I still am pretty poor but I'm better off than I should be because I'm a complete miser.

You're smoking away your monetary gains and buying and holding on long term negative health effects.

TRIPLE DUBS DON'T LIE, FAGGOTS.

When I was starting out, cutting my expenses let me get together the couple k I needed to get a proper website together and really expand my business.

I'll say I do a lot of expensive shit too. I've eaten at 3 Michelin star restaurants with ~$1000 bills. I've stayed in suites larger than most people's apartments in 5 star hotels. I spent around $40,000 for an expedition to go mountain climbing in Antarctica and do a lot of trips around the world. I pay for a maid to come in weekly to clean, do my laundry, and I have a robotic cat litter machine which the maid empties.

But like, that shit's cool. It makes me more interesting or gives me free time. Why the fuck does it matter going to Walmart or not for the same shit at a lower price? Why should I pay to heat water hotter than I use it? Oh boo hoo, I drive an OLD baby AMG Benz! How deprived I must be to have only 349hp at my disposal!

It's also just a strong pushback against not getting value for my money. It'd be so easy to drop $100-$300k on a fast car, $20k on a watch, get a condo for 1-2mm++, and then have to pay to maintain all that shit and keep up with the jones. And then I'd be worried about losing that money, and honestly I don't think I'd be THAT much better off having spent that.

I don't buy clothes unless mine are ripped and tearing apart. I've worn the same jeans and tshirts for years, many of them have holes but I use them as workout shirts. I have 4 pairs of jeans and that is all I've had for years.

I recently bought my first nice watch, it was $19

No that's self control.

>No central heat in the winter.
not sure where you're at but my water pipes would burst in the walls

>A/C only at night.
attic fan pointed out the window in the evening with a few downstairs windows open will vent heat out of a whole house in an hour. same works for an apartment setup

>all that work
its not that bad once you get used to it, second nature really. similar, sightly more autistic habits net me 10-15k a year in savings

Then you are relying on the health of your body for your income.

Everytime I cash a paycheck I pull $100 out per week until the next check, I live off that. Only thing I use my debt card for is gas.

Entertainment is literally all there is in life. Get entertained then die, that's it

>being a hedonistic nihilist

Nigger that's a swatch

As my grandpa told my dad "your entertainment comes first"

My dad died poor and unhappy. he spent a good 20k on drugs in late 80's.

If he would've put that money into apple he could've been happier and done more cool shit than he ever did those few summers he spent high on various drugs.

Your pleasure comes first, boy. Then everything else comes last, including yourself.

>2003 AMG
>Not 1980-1989 era nor BMW M3

Benzy Badgewhore with shit taste

Same bruh. Whatever I have left at the end of the week out of the hundred, I drop into either my retirement or my blue chips.
Assuming I don't get cancer AIDS and the market doesn't implode, I'm set to retire in my 40s.

bruh you posted on pol when u were in antartica didint you ???

also waht job do you do , i really like your lifestyle

In Australia clothes are cheaper at k-mart than op-shops.

I cook everything myself. I eat better than everyone for less than everyone.

>How frugal are you?
Compared to other people my age I'm probably quite frugal because I don't go to clubs which is very expensive or smoke. But I did buy a good computer, a nice bike, sometimes travels etc.
>2nd-hand-clothes-tier frugal like Ingvar Kamprad?
I have nothing against 2nd hand clothing sometimes you can find good things there. Though it's not always cheap depends on the second hand store. I often buy clothing at asks outlet, it's very cheap and nice clothing.
>Post your frugality know how
Don't do drugs, don't smoke, don't drink at clubs/bars drink before so you're already drunk when you arrive. Don't drive in cabs (very expensive where I live). use your bike when you can and use student discounts!!
A very good place to buy clothing is designer outlets because you can look professional/good for little money. In my country it's not acceptable to wear the same jeans and t shirt everyday especially not if there's holes in the jeans.

>goes to a restaurant
>skimps on a $1 pack of salt that will last a year

Retard alert.

What is that cashback thing? Like discount codes in exchange for giving your email?

this makes me sick
but then again I'm on american board so eh

I go number 1 in the toilet twice before flushing. Save dat water bby

>take a shower once per week
>don't buy any snacks
>2 pair of shoes; 1 for winter/rainy days another for summer
>same with clothes; 1 set for winter/rainy days another for hot days
>no tv
>no partying/clubbing
>drink alcohol maybe twice during entire year
>wash clothes once per month
>cheap laptop
>my parents pay for everything expect internet and electricity bills
I spend around 350$ per year when I don't have to buy new clothes/shoes etc; when I do though I spend around 700$.

Oh I also don't smoke and do drugs.
I pirate everything and don't have a smartphone.

Im 18 and have saved 20k by frugal maxxing. A family friend gave me 'the richest man in babylon' and 'rich dad, poor dad' when i was 12. best gift ill ever receive. Just literally dont spend any money that isnt non essential like fuel and mobile plan. I have no friends so no social expenses(not by choice desu) Had an apprenticeship since 17.

Just think about how much unnecessary shit normies spend their money on. i know co workers that spend $100+ a week just on alcohol and buy cars with loans they can never afford. They are literal economic slaves and they complain about the 1% cheating them just lol

Ive invested 5k into crypto and made a killing, thanks biz. my only regret is i didnt get in earlier. the eth 'shilling' threads made me think crypto was a scam ffs so i instantly disregarded any thread. big mistake

I just have to escape the mediocre rat race that every normie life becomes. id rather die desu. I think maintaining faith and focus is so important otherwise you end up very depressed. we're all gonna make it.

Keep that shit up my young nigga, you'll be living the good life soon

>Drive an old 2003 AMG I paid $6k cash for.

You get all the prestige that comes with people seeing you drive a 14-year-old and obviously second-hand luxury vehicle and all it costs you are double prices at the mechanic. Brilliant!

With the exception of my body and food, everything that I own was stolen from China.

keep it up kiddo

remember to invest in yourself as well (education, training for trade jobs, etc)

Also, being social doesnt cost money if you go out on morning runs with your friends.

>2nd-hand-clothes-tier frugal like Ingvar Kamprad?
I come to realize you can get better new clothes for the same price on sales racks

also i plan out my meals, take my left over dinner to work

>its not that bad once you get used to it, second nature really. similar, sightly more autistic habits net me 10-15k a year in savings

I like your style, breh. I live the same way and don't feel like I am missing out on anything. I buy whatever I want; I just don't really seem to want much. The feeling of transferring large piles of unspent cash to savings every month is intoxicating. Also, it adds up big time as the years go by. Keep up the good work, user. You already know the score.