Day trading vs holding

In hindsight I would have made much more money by buying and selling DGB constantly, especially between 300-450. In hindsight that's the way you're suppose to trade in order to make money, even if it gets riskier the higher you buy.
bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DGB
bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ZCL
bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-OMNI

What is your strategy for trading Veeky Forums?
Oh and please somebody post some crypto advisers from twitter, they're give me far more ideas than Veeky Forums does.

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Do-90-of-day-traders-lose-money
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>eating the capital gains tax
I long-term hold because a full-time job doesn't leave too much time for day-trading, and my portfolio is up about 20% so far. Gonna add more in the future if these gains keep up.

of course you would've made much more money but daytrading is a full time job. not only you have to constantly monitor graphs troughout the day, it's stressful and you have to make right decisions to really make money. spending 30 minutes every day checking in and evaluating new options for the money you make it's probably the best option if you take and risk in consideration

What's a good platform for day trading anyway? YoBit eats 0.2% on every sale. Any platforms doing better?

Well I'm always free due to no more school or job.
Plus most coins don't have that back and forth pumping and dipping which ETC used to have for a short while. They only do that when they're pumping. And usually they don't last a lot.

no you idiot
You buy in at 100 sat and watch as the retards panic buy/sell and can't make good decisions while the whales keep repeating the cycle to accumulate more.

Day trading cryptos right now considering the +\- 10% daily median average (by eye) of the different coins but day trading is pretty high risk low reward unless you trade with a bit of leverage.

When ethereum exploded yesterday I was trading it on Plus500 at 1:5 leverage so doubled my money despite on being on the wave from ~+7% to ~+27%.

It feels kind of retarded but you should be doing both, you should have a minimum of 200k of every alt coin you have faith in but then also buy and sell more base of the waves and moon missions.

I day trade, put in a bid super low but feasible.
If it happens, great I got some cheap sheckels.
If it doesn't happen I try again based on the new prices.
If the coin goes down, it'll probably rally enough for me to break even.
If the coin goes up, I'll set my price high, but I don't chase the wave.
If it goes sideways, I sell for a modest profit.
It's a no lose situation.

Day trading crypto is awesome for basement dwellers like me

It depends on volatility and volume really

With Trump's presidency being challenged daily by the media and given the current swings in the market, I say it is a daytrader's market. Some people say that stocks can continue to climb but I believe that the market has been rising for too long and am expecting another dip in the coming years. It will be a good time to buy and hold then, just as it was after the 2008 fiasco.

I am no economist and I didn't receive any schooling in the matter. This is just my personal uneducated opinion.

Daytrading pros:
-You can make a lot more money, but only if you know how to time the market well

Daytrading cons:
-You can lose money if you don't know what you are doing
-Unlike holding, it is time consuming (Easier to live your life as a holder)

Both ways of trading are good, but are for different types of people.

99% of day traders LOSE MONEY.

You can't beat the market in the long run.

>In hindsight I would have made much more money by buying and selling DGB constantly, especially between 300-450. In hindsight that's the way you're suppose to trade in order to make money, even if it gets riskier the higher you buy.
Yeah this is totally true. Instead of just watching yourself lose money during times like that you really should be riding the waves up and down.
I really want to get into it, but I don't really know where to start, I really don't trust Bittrex's speeds to be quick enough for trading.

I really don't understand why people praise holding so much. I mean, yeah I can see the appeal, but just a quick trip though coinmarketcap will yield you with hundreds of coins where holding after buying would leave you with a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of what you bought it for currently. Coins usually die, regardless of the promises behind them.
It's literally no different from pennystocks in this regard and you couldn't possibly advise that investing in pennystocks and holding it hoping that it will pay off is anything but a complete gamble that's not in your favor.

Of course this doesn't apply to holding something like BTC or ETH, just like no one would tell you HOLDING Coca-cola or Apple is a bad idea.
But holding shitcoins is the equivalent to holding pennystocks.

>pulls figure out of ass
>expects to have any credibility
>fuck you

I day trade BTC/USD with x10 leverage

I buy shit coins that give me 400% returns in a couple days

Doing both will get you to the lambo faster hopefully

That's a whole another thing.

We are talking about selling at the peak, and buying the dips.

XRP has been being manipulated these past days.

quora.com/Do-90-of-day-traders-lose-money

THEY LOSE!!!!

I mean I don't see why you would try day trading alt coins in a bull market.
The risk is huge

This is what i intend to write a bot to do for me, now i just need to find good resources.does anyone know of an API with historical chart data? Id really rather not scrape that kind of data from existing graphs

made £500 today just holding.

Invest 0.1 BTC in gunbot

I like the sound of this, whats the plus500 thing? An exchange or a loan or something?

Nah, you're right.

Anyone who says this a bull market is half right: this is just a giant accumulation phase.

Marketcap of crypto has doubled and the general public still thinks coins are for criminals or just a scam. MSM barely even covers crypto. Even the normie business journals (forbes, wsj, economist, etc.) don't cover much of it.

Yet, this money is coming from somewhere, and it's growing exponentially, too much to be simple investors. I sincerely think the news of gainz is being suppressed to allow for elites, governments, banks, and corporations to slowly start entering the market virtually noticed.

One day, something will snap and the general populace will begin investing in crypto in one way or another. When that happens, we're all going to wake up and every coin is going to be up double from what it was the previous night, no exceptions.

But I'm a tinfoiler who believes 9/11 was an inside job, so what do I know?

>every coin is going to be up double from what it was the previous night

More like 100x

looks like we're about to find out what the best move is/was for dgb today. if it busts passed the 500 resistance point, holding was better. if it bounces back down because too many weak hands- a temporary sell would've been better. 496 right now and going up...

fuck 499

Since I'm a wageslave my stratrgy is more along the lines if buy and hold and so far I've been doing ok with ETH. But how can I try to see what's coming down the pipeline ti sre if it would be worth putting more into it?

Also what are some other good buy and hold coins for slow money gains?

Laugh at everyone who sold at 500

I wish I had 200k ETH, must be nice.

>THEY LOSE!!!!

This is fine because when the 90% lose money because they are stupid and don't know what they are doing, I benefit. Compiling and quoting statistics is easy. Understanding their meaning is something most people never grasp.

DGB my friend, DGB

Don't miss this one.

A currency is only valueable to the extent it is accepted by service and goods providers, and debtors.

Conversely, isn't it possible that when shit hits the fan cryptos will be worth nothing because people won't be using them?

Even worse, without internet they are worthless as well.