Can we talk about French Cinema?

Can we talk about French Cinema?

i really want to go deeper in the history and the movies itself from France.

My starting point is Le Infants du Paradis, any suggestions of books or other movies?

>Can we talk about French Cinema?

he obviously wants a quiet board to talk about this, user. I think mods should have a mostly hands off approach in such slow boards that favor more serious discussion.

Go fuck yourself.

>"Le Infants"
You should immediately stop talking about French cinema.

France has the longest cinematographic history in the world. It's is the best suited for discussion on this board. You're sending him to drown in shitposting autists on /tv/ for no reason.

No. History of music belongs on mu, history of movies belongs on /tv/.

Go fuck yourself, read the sticky. You are also flat out wrong.

The thread he made on /tv/ looks fine you moron.

>if something has a past, it belongs on Veeky Forums
Do you even realize how stupid you sound?

I posted there, but the discussions here are way more interesting.

And i am talking about a culture of visual production, not about a signle movie or so.

What exactly am I wrong about, partner?

>History only includes subjects which interest me.
Please just kys

Stop shitting up the board.

>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.

Dude fuck off, this board is history and the humanities. OP's subject includes both.

Gee I fucking wonder, it's only in the god dam sticky.

>Please use Veeky Forums for discussions of literature.
So, therefore, use /tv/ for discussion of movies, which this fucking is.

kys.

There's a board for discussion of cinema you moron.

Let me put it this way, his thread on /tv/ got actual replies, because thats where it belongs, here he will only get shitposts because it simply doesn't fucking belong here.

You and him are both new fags.

Ah I guess I missed the part of the sticky where it specifically mentioned discussions of cinematic traditions belonging on /tv/.

Ahh, clearly you're just fishing for (you's)

It doesn't say you can't post /aco/ here does it? Funny how you don't see retards talking about adult cartoons, eh?

Hey guys, can we have a discussion about my wife Chino? I feel Veeky Forums is the appropriate forum since Japan has the longest Japanese anime history in the world and this board is obviously the right place to talk about Gochuumon ha Usagi desu ka?

Maybe because nobody has posted about them in a historical context. This board has been occupied by all sorts of different aspects of history. Honestly dude I think you've just got some preconceived autism as to what constituted comfortable subjects for you. Maybe you should post in another napoleon thread.

>hey guys can u suggest some french movies
>i wanna start with "Le Infants de Paradise"
>historical context

You are a literal fucking retard.
>all that butthurt
You and OP are in the wrong here, senpai. There are rules for a reason, look a you. Complaining about Napoleon (ON FUCKING TOPIC), actually history related, the only board you can discuss it here is Veeky Forums, maybe Veeky Forums. Yet you profess off topic threads such as movie discussion, all because you are a fucking pleb and get BTFO by the autists on /tv/.

It's no surprise every board attempts to discuss /tv/ outside of the containment board you are simply too pleb to post there. You need to have a competent understanding of film in order to post there and the level of knowledge expressed by OP, simply is not enough.

I could shitpost you all day how goddard is a piece of psuedo-intellectual trash and how all his themes are derivative trash and copied from earlier more unknown auteurs. I won't though, because this isn't the place for it.

>Can we talk about French Cinema?

>I really want to go deeper in the history and the movies itself from France.

You're not very good at this.

What a great, content rich op. Surely we can have an interesting discussion based on faggot op's request for being spoon-fed recommendations.

Guys, I think metashitposting is a little worse than somewhat unrelated serious discussion.

than this is /pol/ with dates, according to you.

>hey guyz i wanna know about x, also history and shit
Nice serious discussion we are having.

Isn't it?
You could just report and ignore.

>a napoleon shitposting thread is of more value than a discussion of French cinema, a tradition which is more than 100 years old.

It's ok dude, click on what you like, but don't say something is off topic when it's not. OP clearly expressed a desire to discuss the historical element of it.

>spoon fed reccomendations

One minor crossposting element disqualifies OP's thread? I wonder how you use Veeky Forums without foaming at the mouth in a constant autistic seizure.

Thanks to people like you, and OP. I guess its is. I mean, you all complain about the quality of the board and complain when user's try to enforce the rules outside of moderation. Seriously, end yourselves, or stop using this website.

>One minor crossposting element disqualifies OP's thread?
You mean the entire point of the op? Yes.

This is literally what keeps the board interesting

Do you call giving replies to "off topic" discussions "enforcing the rules?" DESU at this point I think you're just upset that OP didn't discuss his crossposting as well as a more experienced shitposter.

Why the fuck don't you stop bumping this thread and answer OP's question?

You can't. Get off your high horse. This does not belong here yu fucking moron, no matter how much you say 'history' it's a discussion of film, which belongs on /tv/.
History of lit belong on lit
History of mu belongs on mu
History of anything specific belongs on its specific fucking board, how fucking retarded can you be?

This board is for anything that falls through the gaps, holy shit. I mean, you know you are wrong, you can simply stop posting when ever you want. If you had been here of longer than a week you would know almost all "history of x which has it's own board" get's BTFO, rightfully so.

How new are you? Do you understand this website at all? Do you know the purpose of a guro thread? When the website went from user moderation to actual moderation quality went down immensly.

Seriously, you are not going too win this argument, in your mind you think yu do. But I mean, just hang around and wait for a mod to actually be on and move these threads. It happens all the fucking time, retards like yourself and OP think you can add anything "history" and post threads about it here.

Doesn't work senpai.

There's literally a thread asking "why are Russians so weird" with the word history attatched to the end. Are you calling for OP to use /int/ on that thread too? No? I think enough has been said then.

That is still more on topic than this whole thread.

>Veeky Forums should discuss actual history
>not shitty meme history Veeky Forums is known for
>therefore I am going to post off topic subjects and get annoyed when I get called out.
That's you.

Then what history belongs here you fucking retard

Does history of literature belong to Veeky Forums, history of weaponry belong to /k/ and history of asperger faggots like yourself belong to /r9k/

History belongs here, you know, history that has no other contentment board.

History of music has a containment board
History of lit has a containment board
History of film has a containment board
History of general events now has a containment board

I'd like to know what constitutes 'general events'

>i'm OP
How cute, he thinks there are only two people on Veeky Forums, he and the other guy posting.

And the humanities. DESU there's more than enough overlap between those subjects and what OP has posted to justify the thread's existence

You are a literal newfag.

Good argument

Nazis and Pearl Harbor

I would suggest any movie with Philippe Noiret, he has à reputation for being in very good french movies and Jean Gabin if you're more into old stuff, those two are my favourites french actors. Maybe throw in Depardieu as well.
I'd recommand Alexandre le Bienheureux, an excellent film about the annoyance of the rural population in the sixties and à growing sentiment of revolt. Try movies made 10 year after WW2, I feel like they should be a starting point if you want to get to know french cinéma.