Female rulers? In my Veeky Forumstory?

Not even meem'ing-- Women presidents; can we keep them?

We know about Cleopatra and we've got Germany, Argentina, South Korea, but even then, we don't immediately think of Merkel or Cleopatra as "great" leaders, regardless of historical merit.

Is there any known, confirmed female president/queen/ruler who was shown to be competent, rational, assertive, and intelligent all at once, while running a nation or a party for an extended period of time? All I can think of that comes to mind is that Queen Elizabeth and her B'ing TFO of the Spanish Armada and some old story I've long since forgotten about an Indian princess who ravaged her way across Asia to get revenge on some guy who killed her husband.

FEMALE RULERS GENERAL: ALL YOUR JUSTIFICATIONS EDITION

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ching_Shih
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Women are predisposed to being too empathetic to make good rulers. The only exceptions are the ones that prove the rule, like Margeret Thatcher.

Maria Theresa

Catherine the Great

There has been plenty of successful women rules, you just choose to ignore them

Merkel is better than most leaders in our era though, just by the sheer fact that she's been able to outlast most other leaders this last decade. And while I don't support it she's been good at pushing Germany's 'latent hegemony' (as historians refer to the German empire on mainland europe before WWI). Of course, too, letting those immigrants in was pretty stupid, unless it's some cynical elite scheme to get a cheap workforce or to increase the birthrate

Some might say margarrt Thatcher but I don't know enough about her to say one way or the other

Memodora the whore.

>cleopatra
>famous for being the cum receptacle for two Romans

You have to admit, though, that Elizabeth sets a hell of a standard. She's maybe the greatest monarch in English history.

Elizabeth is overrated. That said, I like reading about her and her court. Late Tudor culture is also great too.

How about Gorgo?

Women power ranking
1. Isabel su majestad la Católica
2.Elisabeth I of England
3. Maria Theresa
4. Catherine the great
7. Thatcher
8. Merkel
9. Olga of kiev

this

1. Thatcher
2. Who cares

Buncha bitches and whores.

>cleopatra
Not to mention responsible for the fall of Egypt.

Actually, while not a national leader, I do like this gal. After defeating fleets after fleet of the Chinese, as well as much more advanced Portuguese and British fleets, to top it all off, in the end, undefeated, she and her crew retired in China with the government's blessings, keeping both their freedom and their loot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ching_Shih

I find it crazy that no one has made a biopic on the Pirate Queen, even with all the SJW influence in Hollywood. At best she gets a cameo in one of the PoC sequels.

Fuck off Procopius

>Not to mention responsible for the fall of Egypt

Pls, it's not like she could do anything to defeat Rome. If anything, she delayed it for a few years.

Maybe be better at picking the winner.

If she hadn't opened Egypt's legs for Mark Anthony, she could have at least kept the line going and retained the margin of independence it still had.

Granted, sooner or later, someone would have come along who would have been enough of a thorn in Rome's side in desperate times that it would have had to similarly put its caligae down on.

>1. Isabel su majestad la Católica
Be careful when using your school Spanish to write titles.

she was qt

egypt was already lost

long before cleopatra, Ptolemy X Alexander leveraged (some sources say willed - it's rather unclear) the entire kingdom to pay for military expeditions vs his brother Ptolemy IX (he subsequently died at sea LOL). The entire governance was nothing more than a debtor's rump state from that point onward, controlled in the majority of its affairs by Rome.

Ferdinand bought the title of emperor of Rome. Majestad applies to them

Lets translate that to English:
>Elizabeth her majesty the Catholic.
Does it sound right to you?
Instead of Her Catholic Majesty Elizabeth or Her Majesty Elizabeth the Catholic.

Victoria of Britain
Elizabeth of Britain
Maria Theresa of Habsburg
Saint Olga of Kiev
Catherine the great
Margaret Thatcher
Isabella of Spain
Hatsheput
Margareta of Kalmar
Hedvig of Poland

It's still a ridiculous title that was never used Su Católica Majestad would be more appropriate if you really want to go down that road but why not just say Isabel I de Castilla or Reina de Castilla if you want to be more official?